JKB and the media

Ex member of the SaS

Ex member of the SaS

Think we need to watch what we post on here as the media are quoting posts, whilst having a dig at Hearts. They quoted almost to the word about the Jack Ross dig.

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Think we need to watch what we post on here as the media are quoting posts, whilst having a dig at Hearts. They quoted almost to the word about the Jack Ross dig.

If that is the case perhaps there should be a massive cull on here ?

:laugh:

Are you worried OP? They also quote folk from Twitter too.

I don't think anyone really cares... these so called newspapers just create clickbait out of nothing

20 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Surely you and your ex mates can sort those folk out. 

:rofl: 

It's not journalism. It's pathetic actually - imagine going through years of education only to end up quoting from fitba websites. 

Also if you are going to post publicly on here then you can't complain if a media source quotes you.

It’s easy pickings! But lazy journalism looking for clicks.

I once had an argument on Twitter with Molinari regarding his comments on the Scottish Open, Bunkered Magazine used it as main story on their weekly email update and I woke up to all kinds of abuse from Molinari fans!!! 
Used by a lazy journalist because there they couldn’t be arsed finding a real news story

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Social media is now an easy way to fill papers / web news sites. 

Every game now has a section on what is said by fans. 

It's not such a big deal. 

The Treasurer
15 minutes ago, Homme said:

It's not journalism. It's pathetic actually - imagine going through years of education only to end up quoting from fitba websites. 

Also if you are going to post publicly on here then you can't complain if a media source quotes you.

I'm not convinced that most of them had any form of formal education

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Barnsley did finish above Sunderland.

Barnsley got promoted, Sunderland are still in League One. 

Daniel Stendel was in charge of Barnsley.

Jack Ross was in charge of Sunderland.

Great news.

Keith Jackson is an ugly weegie bin-raker.

Francis Albert

This is how much of the media now operates not just on football but on politics and indeed almost every other "news" story. Self censoring is not the answer. You just have to take all news media with a large pinch of salt. Or as I have to say I increasingly do, don't read most of the crap that papers today churn out. And that covers everything from the Sun and Record through the Daily Mail to The Guardian.

Edited by Francis Albert