Is Stendel allowed to bring in one or more of his own men.

Selkirkhmfc1874

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hi Sid, can you point me in the direction of the article? Thanks.

No sure how to link. It’s on the Dunfermline website.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• TWF

• Whatever

Genuinely would you expect a football message board to be full of more half truths, speculations, opinions presented as fact than that of the cluster**** of the GE?!? -  I would say no, but I'd be wrong!

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Joint sporting director roles. CL and AM

DS assisted by JD and LF.

She’s in no rush to appoint another Sporting Director (her words) and she seemed pretty clear that Daly and Fox were to assist Stendel. I doubt she would have said as such if she were going to be paying them off in the near future.

So the immediate future structure of the club seems pretty clear. It’s a shite structure.

You are the type of bloke who nobody wants to sit near at the football. Nobody cares about your conspirocy  theory. He's just another levein puppet is what it's building up to. 

Most of us are chuffed to bits we have a good quality manager who is solely responsible for the first team matters.

You are crying about a bloke who now looks after the youth teams a bloke who will do video analysis and two coaches who will be moved on once Stendels own men come in.

You are after blood that you are not going to get. Seek a therapist.

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You are the type of bloke who nobody wants to sit near at the football. Nobody cares about your conspirocy  theory. He's just another levein puppet is what it's building up to. 

Most of us are chuffed to bits we have a good quality manager who is solely responsible for the first team matters.

You are crying about a bloke who now looks after the youth teams a bloke who will do video analysis and two coaches who will be moved on once Stendels own men come in.

I sincerely hope he never sits anywhere near me.

21 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Numerous posters on here have alluded to us being unable to afford to pay off all our previous coaches and I too believe this to be the case. I'm a glass half full kind of guy so I'll keep positive while others mump and moan about CL & Co still being at the club. Does it ever get boring being so negative?

You’re entitled to keep your glass half full. I’ll continue to call it as I see it. What should have been a brilliant week has ended in farce.

19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

:rofl:

Haringshairband
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You’re entitled to keep your glass half full. I’ll continue to call it as I see it. What should have been a brilliant week has ended in farce.

::facepaw:: "Farce" :lol:

Edited by Haringshairband

Coburg Hearts

Anyone who thinks this week, of all weeks, has ended in farce is stark raving bonkers. 

Maybe in your own mind.

9 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

:thumbsup:

An interesting read that. Always quite like Crawford since his Hearts days. Good to hear Cochrane being praised also.

He’s clearly got a lot of ability, and I am hoping the right coaching can bring that to the fore. 

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh... don’t understand your answer. 🤷‍♂️

It means I’ve no interest in discussing my reply to someone else, with you. 

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Anyone who thinks this week, of all weeks, has ended in farce is stark raving bonkers. 

Maybe in your own mind.

Whoever wrote that EEN headline certainly did their job. Traffic must be through the roof. Even they must be surprised at the sheer over-the-top drama queenery of supposed Hearts fans.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, Whatever said:

It means I’ve no interest in discussing my reply to someone else, with you. 

Oh right. Never mind. Have a lovely evening then Anyway, mate. :) 

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Been noticing this more and more on here.

In an attempt to justify the position taken by the club this line is being trotted out and taken as gospel.

Nothing to back it up other than a couple of guesses made on here.

My guess? What you’ve written is pish. If we can employ Daniel Stendel, we can employ his assistants. The reason we have not will be part financial and part Ann Budge not wanting to make Jon Daly and Liam Fox redundant.

“my guess what you’ve written is pish”. 
so you have entirely made up your pish and mine is based on press, not JKB. 
tell me the science behind your pish. Other than utter pish in your head or JKB pish. 

45 minutes ago, Sid said:

“my guess what you’ve written is pish”. 
so you have entirely made up your pish and mine is based on press, not JKB. 
tell me the science behind your pish. Other than utter pish in your head or JKB pish. 

Willing to be corrected. Can you provide a link(s) regarding us being unable to sign them due to their contract situation at Barnsley.

Because there’s  this regarding Dale Tonge, one of Daniel Stendel’s assistants at Barnsley...

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2019/november/coachingstaffchanges2/

Dale Tonge has left his role as First Team Coach. Dale’s contribution to the success of the 2018/19 promotion winning campaign will live long in the club’s memory, adding further memories to his playing career at Oakwell, where he also achieved promotion. Tonge stepped into the role as First Team Coach at a vital time during last season. Everyone connected to Barnsley Football Club would like to thank him for his efforts in securing a memorable promotion.

A different tone altogether from the statement saying DS had ‘separated’ from the club.

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Willing to be corrected. Can you provide a link(s) regarding us being unable to sign them due to their contract situation at Barnsley.

Because there’s  this regarding Dale Tonge, one of Daniel Stendel’s assistants at Barnsley...

Dale Tonge has left his role as First Team Coach. Dale’s contribution to the success of the 2018/19 promotion winning campaign will live long in the club’s memory, adding further memories to his playing career at Oakwell, where he also achieved promotion. Tonge stepped into the role as First Team Coach at a vital time during last season. Everyone connected to Barnsley Football Club would like to thank him for his efforts in securing a memorable promotion.

A different tone altogether from the statement saying DS had ‘separated’ from the club.

Note that Barnsley's staff/coaching changes happened after the new head coach was appointed. In this case over a week after. Stendel's been here one day. I'm sure there will be announcements.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Note that Barnsley's staff/coaching changes happened after the new head coach was appointed. In this case over a week after. Stendel's been here one day. I'm sure there will be announcements.

I sure hope so.

👍🏻

17 minutes ago, Whatever said:

“left his roll” is not left the club. 

Yorkshire Post (so not Hearts bias) 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-s-claims-for-compensation-for-sacked-daniel-stendel-are-entirely-without-merit-say-hearts-1-10146174/amp

not agreed compensation for Stendel “and assistants.” 

now can you give me evidence of any kind to support your thoughts or confirm that I was talking fact and you were talking pish. 
(only reason for this tone is due to the tone you adopted at start of debate). 

On 09/12/2019 at 08:17, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

According to the evening news he wanted to bring 2 of his men with him but has been told he can only bring one which fair enough in my opinion ! Hopefully at the end of the season once others contracts run out he can get his own men if he wishes.

What do you mean it’s fair enough in your opinion. If Stendel wants his two assistants he should be able to bring them in. We the fans didn’t want and new manager to be restricted in doing his job and denying him his people Ann Budge is doing that and she shouldn’t be allowed to do it because all she has done is move Levein’s Boot Room around keeping them all employed which makes most fans puke.

7 minutes ago, Sid said:

“left his roll” is not left the club. 

Yorkshire Post (so not Hearts bias) 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-s-claims-for-compensation-for-sacked-daniel-stendel-are-entirely-without-merit-say-hearts-1-10146174/amp

not agreed compensation for Stendel “and assistants.” 

now can you give me evidence of any kind to support your thoughts or confirm that I was talking fact and you were talking pish. 
(only reason for this tone is due to the tone you adopted at start of debate). 

More from the Yorkshire post

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/international/dale-tonge-leaves-barnsley-and-adam-murray-is-promoted-as-gerhard-struber-completes-his-backroom-1-10127603/amp

Dale Tonge leaves Barnsley 

And the Barnsley Chronicle

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/coach-dale-tonge-has-left-his-hometown-club-barnsley

As I’ve already said, if we could sign Daniel Stendel without fear of being liable to Barnsley, we sure as hell could sign his assistants if we wanted to. 

We’ve chosen not to. Hopefully that changes in the Summer.

Just now, Whatever said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/international/dale-tonge-leaves-barnsley-and-adam-murray-is-promoted-as-gerhard-struber-completes-his-backroom-1-10127603/amp

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/coach-dale-tonge-has-left-his-hometown-club-barnsley

As I’ve already said, if we could sign Daniel Stendel without fear of being liable to Barnsley, we sure as hell could sign his assistants if we wanted to. 

Or a bit sooner 🤔🤔🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You have no idea if we have chosen not to or otherwise. As much chance that we are still trying to find money or cut red tape somewhere. I think because Budge love fox and Daly is the last of a very long list of reasons that they have not arrived yet.

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Hickey is the obvious standout. Anthony McDonald looks a good prospect and Morison had a run in the side. Brandon has massively improved over his last few games. Euan Henderson looks an exciting player. Andy Irving has been in the first team squad all season.

I’m not really sure what people want. Do they expect 4 or 5 youth players to suddenly burst into the first team, keep their place and be the best players on the park?  As far as I’m aware that rarely happens at any top tier club anywhere. 

Well said. Many "critics" of the Academy have never taken in any Reserve or under age games, and may not be so quick to make negative comments. I would urge these people to go along and see the future. 

6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You have no idea if we have chosen not to or otherwise. As much chance that we are still trying to find money or cut red tape somewhere. I think because Budge love fox and Daly is the last of a very long list of reasons that they have not arrived yet.

Well we’ll find out soon enough if/when they arrive.

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Some people just like to make the big show of something, in this case it’s that our youth players aren’t good enough. Any possible thing will be attacked in order to try and spread negativity, even when it’s not actually going badly. Mental gymnastics of an Olympic standard to try and run the club down. I don’t get it really. Don’t think I ever will.

Great to see some posters are on the same wavelength

Well we’ll find out soon enough if/when they arrive.

Indeed we will, how about cool the jets for a week or three 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Aye, people need to be realistic about what is likely to be achieved through the academy. It’s been a very difficult first team to play in over the last three years. For reasons I don’t fully understand, seasoned pros have came into the team, looked good for a few games them turned out to be poor. What chance has a young guy got? 

Also, it’s fairly obvious you might have 3-4 players in one age group who have a strong chance at our level, then the next age group maybe only 1 or 2. It’s just the nature of it.

Absolutely correct. You have indicated exactly what is happening at various age levels at our Academy. Its when you look at a few of the young lads at under 15 level ---goosebumps!  It is possible our Academy could unearth the new Messi/Ronaldo or Dalgleish/Law

DS I'm sure will be taking a very close interest in our Academy and how best to support these lads with some experience and quality

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Indeed we will, how about cool the jets for a week or three 

To be clear.....I don’t like where we currently find ourselves. I don’t like the set up. I don’t want Jon Daly, Austin Macphee or Craig Levein at the club. On relevant thread topics I’ll continue saying so if I so wish. 

Rather than trying to mute others whose opinions differ from yourself, It would be better for all if you pop me on ignore.

👍🏻

11 minutes ago, Whatever said:

To be clear.....I don’t like where we currently find ourselves. I don’t like the set up. I don’t want Jon Daly, Austin Macphee or Craig Levein at the club. On relevant thread topics I’ll continue saying so if I so wish. 

Rather than trying to mute others whose opinions differ from yourself, It would be better for all if you pop me on ignore.

👍🏻

We all know you don't like it. 

Levein is here until summer, your going to have to deal with it, he isn't influencing the first team so chances are he isn't affecting you or 95% of us anymore. 

Getting upset by something that isnt affecting you is a waste of energy. I will pop you on ignore.

7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We all know you don't like it. 

Levein is here until summer, your going to have to deal with it, he isn't influencing the first team so chances are he isn't affecting you or 95% of us anymore. 

Getting upset by something that isnt affecting you is a waste of energy. I will pop you on ignore.

Good lad. 👍🏻

If DS takes a bottom up approach to deciding on his "Assistants" then Andy Kirk John Rankin and Donald Park will undoubtedly be part of his plans. They actually are very much on the same wavelength as DS, unlike their "relationship" with CL. Story goes the aforementioned coaches used a different "tactics" board at Riccarton, with the proprietory arrows almost all pointing in a forward direction, whereas the first team squad had their own board, where the vast majority of arrows were pointing sideways or backwards. Now with DS in charge they need only the tactics board as used by AK, JR and DP.

As I see it DS senior assistants should be of his choosing- possibly his former assistants at Barnsley. Understanding these guys remit and experience there should be a very smooth "transition"

The current incumbents should be released.

Sporting Director- very easy, whoever AB finds after her extensive search.

The current incumbents should be released. CL will find another club and AM will become NI manager!!!!!!!

Its Xmas after all- See you all at Hampden in May

Arthur Morgan
8 hours ago, TWF said:

If DS takes a bottom up approach to deciding on his "Assistants" then Andy Kirk John Rankin and Donald Park will undoubtedly be part of his plans. They actually are very much on the same wavelength as DS, unlike their "relationship" with CL. Story goes the aforementioned coaches used a different "tactics" board at Riccarton, with the proprietory arrows almost all pointing in a forward direction, whereas the first team squad had their own board, where the vast majority of arrows were pointing sideways or backwards. Now with DS in charge they need only the tactics board as used by AK, JR and DP.

As I see it DS senior assistants should be of his choosing- possibly his former assistants at Barnsley. Understanding these guys remit and experience there should be a very smooth "transition"

The current incumbents should be released. CL will find another club and AM will become NI manager!!!!!!!

Interesting.

12 hours ago, TWF said:

I read that at first and thought no ... but, the more I read it, there is a lot of sense to it 

if Tong and Stern replace Levein and Macphee it begs to ask the question if Stern or Ting could carry out the SD role. No idea if that is within their capabilities but that would cover the coaches, SD and give him one assistant 

Maybe that’s why AB is in no rush to do anything at this moment in time ? 

Interesting theory indeed 👍

Hearts boss Daniel Stendel confirms Andy Kirk will assist him in the dugout for St Johnstone match tomorrow - says Austin MacPhee, Jon Daly & Liam Fox have ‘other tasks’

Just now, karipidis said:

Hearts boss Daniel Stendel confirms Andy Kirk will assist him in the dugout for St Johnstone match tomorrow - says Austin MacPhee, Jon Daly & Liam Fox have ‘other tasks’

He seemed to be getting on well with Kirk. Good stuff.

12 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Jon Daly will soon leave the club. Liam Fox will take over Andy Kirks old job and one previous assistant of DS will be joining the club and will assist him alongside AK.

👍🏻

1 hour ago, Davie Deans said:

Jon Daly will soon leave the club. Liam Fox will take over Andy Kirks old job and one previous assistant of DS will be joining the club and will assist him alongside AK.

👍🏻

Fingers crossed this happens.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Davie Deans said:

👍🏻

This makes sense and sounds good.