Is Stendel allowed to bring in one or more of his own men.

Selkirkhmfc1874

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

There’s no doubt Stern is coming it’s just a matter of when. We don’t know the reason why he isn’t already here so speculation is pointless. He wouldn’t have mentioned it yesterday if he had been told he couldn’t bring him in. 

Hope so , the sooner the better 👍🏻

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• TWF

• Whatever

15 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

How can you blame McPhee for recommending and being able to bring players with that experience to Hearts? 

If they don't perform to the levels they are capable then that is the players fault not the person that recommended them. 

Add to the fact practically everyone on here was amazed and excited we managed to get Tzolis. It didn't work out in the end but how can anyone criticise MacPhee for targeting him :lol:

3 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Twf,please enlighten me to the young stalwarts that Mr Levin has brought through from our much vaunted academy  .is that good enough english for you .can you grasp that?

Sorry for rattlin your cage. I just asked for an English translation of "nada"

You obviously do not pay any attention to what's going on in the Academy, or to the names of any of the young lads who have been involved in the first team squad. Paterson, Moore, Cochrane, Smith, Henderson, Currie, Morrison, Keena, McDonald, Hickey to name but a few

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Such a blinkered view. People can change you know. Performance can be night and day just with a new boss, correct? It’s been seen many times. Let’s hope so otherwise we have a squad of 28 no- hopers based on last three months or so and it will take Stendel three or four windows to get rid of them all. 
One fact not yet much publicised is that Stendel was not convinced about moving here until that Saturday afternoon when Levein toured him round Tynie, Oriam and Edinburgh and sold the club, and it’s potential, to him. The first team were in Kilmarnock that afternoon. Doesn’t sound like someone with an axe to grind or even a bad smell to me. Sounds like a Hearts man doing his best for the club. 
And anyone who really thinks that Levein and his coaching staff will all still be here, in the same roles, come end January is just being silly or vindictive. Levein and McPhee already moved away from direct first team involvement, other changes coming in next 6-8 weeks.  Check back on Feb 1 to see if I’m right. 

I saw what Stendel said about being shown round by CL and saying it wasn’t normal, didn’t see much about him persuading him to come. I will revisit this in February when hopefully we will have a brand new SD and received compensation  for Macphee from NI as they make him their new boss, and use it to pay off CL/JD/LF/PG/JM 🙏🤞😜.

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Add to the fact practically everyone on here was amazed and excited we managed to get Tzolis. It didn't work out in the end but how can anyone criticise MacPhee for targeting him :lol:

Because he wasn’t suited to our game or had the heart to even try?

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, TWF said:

Sorry for rattlin your cage. I just asked for an English translation of "nada"

You obviously do not pay any attention to what's going on in the Academy, or to the names of any of the young lads who have been involved in the first team squad. Paterson, Moore, Cochrane, Smith, Henderson, Currie, Morrison, Keena, McDonald, Hickey to name but a few

You can’t count Paterson ffs, none of the rest are stalwarts and half of them are out on loan.

Walter Bishop

The whole Stendel appointment saga hasn't left me as excited as i feel i should be or wanted to be. There's a weirdness around the whole thing.

He has arrived without any of his assistants, we still have ALL the losers from the previous set up involved, the negativity in the media towards him and some of the wording used in interviews from Budge and the man himself are strange. 

I worry that we have a guy who isnt 100% committed to being here and and an owner who isnt 100% committed to expecting him to be here for very long. 

Edited by Walter Bishop

25 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Just let the manager manage.

Simple really.

Which is exactly what is happening. 

Simple to understand it seems not to be.

3 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

The whole Stendel appointment saga hasn't left me as excited as i feel i should be or wanted to be. There's a weirdness around the whole thing.

He has arrived without any of his assistants, we still have ALL the losers from the previous set up involved, the negativity in the media towards him and some of the wording used in interviews from Budge and the man himself are strange. 

I worry that we have a guy who isnt 100% committed to being here and and an owner who isnt 100% committed to expecting him to be here for very long. 

This, sadly. 

Was really looking forward to hopping aboard the Happy Train again, but it seems it's been delayed.

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

same, find it bizarre that levein, McPhee, Daly and Fox are still here.. hopefully not an opportunity lost.

Jamboscanbevicius
4 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Oddly, like a few it seems, I have had a similar feeling. I don’t really know why exactly, but there is a slightly uneasy undertone so far.

I am hoping that it is simply to do with the frustrating Barnsley situation. That certainly made it hard work both for AB and for DS to get this done. I think in the end this came across more as relief than delight. Think this was alluded to by a journo on Twitter a few days ago.

But DS will fall in love with HMFC. Of course. And hopefully we’ll feel the same about him. We all need to be patient, get behind him and the team, and believe that this is another exciting chapter!

Really needs a fast start to shake off some of these lingering doubts.

Some clarity on the status of hiring his preferred assistants would also be good. Hopefully he has that already.

5 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Oddly enough I'm absolutely buzzing that we have managed to secure a manager that has a circa 50% win rate , an ataacking outlook and is well respected by fans and players who have known him . 

As for your last paragraph, I would waste to much time worrying about that shite , because it's utter shite . 

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can’t count Paterson ffs, none of the rest are stalwarts and half of them are out on loan.

Refer you to Kev 1998. He or she introduced the word stalwarts into the post. I never suggested any of them were stalwarts. Suggest you review the original post

Merry Xmas

Ok twf  take out the stalwart bit and replace with first team regular.the answer is still nada(none)no player from the academy has cemented his place in the side or is worth any real cash for the club.a merry Xmas to you too

On 10/12/2019 at 18:26, Noah Claypole said:

First interview and DS states categorically he took the job because he trusts the owner and the club, wonder if that might have changed had the owner sacked everybody because of groundless fantasising and hearsay emanating from social media.

Due diligence done by both parties and a cracking result at the end, yet still there must be something to knitpick about.

FFS man, it's nitpick, not knitpick! Ruined the whole thread (which was going so well too)!

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

FFS man, it's nitpick, not knitpick! Ruined the whole thread (which was going so well too)!

It's knot, is it...?!?!?!?   :ohmy:

On 10/12/2019 at 19:30, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So we all hated the DOF role and wanted a manager to be appointed who would make all football related decisions.

We get rid of the DOF, appoint a manager and now want somebody other than the manager to make football related decisions

Couldn't. Make. It. Up.

Actually, most people that aren't stuck in the 1980s are quite happy with the DoF role. It's pretty much only clueless dinosaurs that have a problem with the role, other people generally are fine with it and can comprehend the idea of letting the manager concentrate on the first team.

3 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Ok twf  take out the stalwart bit and replace with first team regular.the answer is still nada(none)no player from the academy has cemented his place in the side or is worth any real cash for the club.a merry Xmas to you too

First team squad to be precise.

& A Happy New Year

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, TWF said:

Refer you to Kev 1998. He or she introduced the word stalwarts into the post. I never suggested any of them were stalwarts. Suggest you review the original post

Merry Xmas

You still can’t give Levein any credit whatsoever for Paterson. The youngsters haven’t really had much of an impact and none have had a run of games, except Hickey who we are due Celtic a lot of money if we sell him.

I wonder how many youngsters would've played if it hadn’t been for our horrendous injury list.

Merry Xmas and a happy Boxing Day to us all 🤞🙏👍🏽.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Actually, most people that aren't stuck in the 1980s are quite happy with the DoF role. It's pretty much only clueless dinosaurs that have a problem with the role, other people generally are fine with it and can comprehend the idea of letting the manager concentrate on the first team.

I think most people understand the need for a DoF, but the most important person now wants a Sporting Director which in part must be due to how badly CL did at being a DoF surely?

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think most people understand the need for a DoF, but the most important person now wants a Sporting Director which in part must be due to how badly CL did at being a DoF surely?

Not necessarily. It may be that Ann has decided that for a club this size, a First Team Manager alongside a SD is more appropriate than a Head Coach under a DoF. That may be why she's happy for Levein and Austin to carry on for a bit. The first team is covered by Daniel, he controls and concentrates on that. The admin side, such as the youth tournaments and monitoring contracts etc is handled by Levein/Austin. She's maybe realised that Levein isn't cut out for team management anymore but is happy with his work on the admin side. 

I'll personally feel more content once Stendel's own coaching picks are in place. It's far easier, I would imagine, to implement a new style of play, if you have a coaching team who are all proficient in how to implement in. 

On 09/12/2019 at 08:26, Clerry Jambo said:

Most of us probably want that, however it won’t be easy with contract situations and number of staff involved 

It's not only contracts of our coaches,  I'm almost certain that Ann knows she has a cast iron case for Stendel but there could be more to do severance wise with the assistants.

10 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

the lack of assistants has been clearly explained. They are part of the continuing contract dispute. 
first interview straight after meeting and training with 30-odd players in the peeing rain. Speaking in a foreign language to reporters who speak in another new language. Should he have spent more time preparing for the interview or getting to know the squad and focussing on getting them ready for Sat? 
Budge explaining what she is doing with people on the payroll isn’t weird. Should she have just quickly appointed a SD to appease us?  Should she have given up with Stendel and got someone in to appease us?  She admits the footballing side isn’t her speciality. Should she put people on garden leave before she gets further support in. Stendel seems to be his own man. He will determine what he needs and whether or not proposed players fit the bill. 

last paragraph is total mystic meg nonsense. How can you determine all that from one press call?  Bonkers. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You still can’t give Levein any credit whatsoever for Paterson. The youngsters haven’t really had much of an impact and none have had a run of games, except Hickey who we are due Celtic a lot of money if we sell him.

I wonder how many youngsters would've played if it hadn’t been for our horrendous injury list.

Merry Xmas and a happy Boxing Day to us all 🤞🙏👍🏽.

very positive article on Cochrane today from manager. Maybe he’s coming out of his injuries and maturing and time away from the limelight was right for him. Bit early to know for sure though. But, as has been seen with Hickey, extended runs in first team aren’t necessarily the best development route. 

Adam_the_legend
55 minutes ago, Sid said:

the lack of assistants has been clearly explained. They are part of the continuing contract dispute. 
first interview straight after meeting and training with 30-odd players in the peeing rain. Speaking in a foreign language to reporters who speak in another new language. Should he have spent more time preparing for the interview or getting to know the squad and focussing on getting them ready for Sat? 
Budge explaining what she is doing with people on the payroll isn’t weird. Should she have just quickly appointed a SD to appease us?  Should she have given up with Stendel and got someone in to appease us?  She admits the footballing side isn’t her speciality. Should she put people on garden leave before she gets further support in. Stendel seems to be his own man. He will determine what he needs and whether or not proposed players fit the bill. 

last paragraph is total mystic meg nonsense. How can you determine all that from one press call?  Bonkers. 

When did this get confirmed?

5 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

When did this get confirmed?

Mate, you are desperate to find problems, enjoy the fact we have a new manager

23 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Tag are you for real?the afore mentioned players Paterson exempt ,have barely struck a blow  for hearts

Aye Cochrane never bossed a 4-0 v Celtic right enough.

Hickey never scored a winner v Hibs right enough.

These boys will get a clean slate like everyone else, and I’m backing a few of them to shine.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

On 11/12/2019 at 13:48, Adam_the_legend said:

New managers can make an immediate and big difference but please name me another club where the recently “sacked” manager is still in a position of power. CL has presided over some of the worst form and performances many of us have seen for decades but he is considered to be too valuable to move on from the club.

this is not a common approach. If hibs did it, we’d all be having a good old laugh at them, wouldn’t we??

He isn’t still in a position of power. What power does he have? 

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I saw what Stendel said about being shown round by CL and saying it wasn’t normal, didn’t see much about him persuading him to come. I will revisit this in February when hopefully we will have a brand new SD and received compensation  for Macphee from NI as they make him their new boss, and use it to pay off CL/JD/LF/PG/JM 🙏🤞😜.

Can’t see your last sentence happening

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Aye Cochrane never bossed a 4-0 v Celtic right enough.

Hickey never scored a winner v Hibs right enough.

These boys will get a clean slate like everyone else, and I’m backing a few of them to shine.

Hickey is the obvious standout. Anthony McDonald looks a good prospect and Morison had a run in the side. Brandon has massively improved over his last few games. Euan Henderson looks an exciting player. Andy Irving has been in the first team squad all season.

I’m not really sure what people want. Do they expect 4 or 5 youth players to suddenly burst into the first team, keep their place and be the best players on the park?  As far as I’m aware that rarely happens at any top tier club anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nope, she has already explained this. She needed a DoF five years ago because the club had to be rebuilt from scratch. Different scenario now so no need for a DoF. Keep up please. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Hickey is the obvious standout. Anthony McDonald looks a good prospect and Morison had a run in the side. Brandon has massively improved over his last few games. Euan Henderson looks an exciting player. Andy Irving has been in the first team squad all season.

I’m not really sure what people want. Do they expect 4 or 5 youth players to suddenly burst into the first team, keep their place and be the best players on the park?  As far as I’m aware that rarely happens at any top tier club anywhere. 

Some people just like to make the big show of something, in this case it’s that our youth players aren’t good enough. Any possible thing will be attacked in order to try and spread negativity, even when it’s not actually going badly. Mental gymnastics of an Olympic standard to try and run the club down. I don’t get it really. Don’t think I ever will.

1 hour ago, Sid said:

Been noticing this more and more on here.

In an attempt to justify the position taken by the club this line is being trotted out and taken as gospel.

Nothing to back it up other than a couple of guesses made on here.

My guess? What you’ve written is pish. If we can employ Daniel Stendel, we can employ his assistants. The reason we have not will be part financial and part Ann Budge not wanting to make Jon Daly and Liam Fox redundant.

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I'll personally feel more content once Stendel's own coaching picks are in place. It's far easier, I would imagine, to implement a new style of play, if you have a coaching team who are all proficient in how to implement in. 

Agree, he not only has to coach his players but also the coaches he has inherited.

Cant be easy. But also cant be helped just now.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Some people just like to make the big show of something, in this case it’s that our youth players aren’t good enough. Any possible thing will be attacked in order to try and spread negativity, even when it’s not actually going badly. Mental gymnastics of an Olympic standard to try and run the club down. I don’t get it really. Don’t think I ever will.

Aye, people need to be realistic about what is likely to be achieved through the academy. It’s been a very difficult first team to play in over the last three years. For reasons I don’t fully understand, seasoned pros have came into the team, looked good for a few games them turned out to be poor. What chance has a young guy got? 

Also, it’s fairly obvious you might have 3-4 players in one age group who have a strong chance at our level, then the next age group maybe only 1 or 2. It’s just the nature of it.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Not necessarily. It may be that Ann has decided that for a club this size, a First Team Manager alongside a SD is more appropriate than a Head Coach under a DoF. That may be why she's happy for Levein and Austin to carry on for a bit. The first team is covered by Daniel, he controls and concentrates on that. The admin side, such as the youth tournaments and monitoring contracts etc is handled by Levein/Austin. She's maybe realised that Levein isn't cut out for team management anymore but is happy with his work on the admin side. 

She did say he was as disorganised, that’s not a great endorsement. As long as they don’t impact on anything DS is doing then maybe she should leave them until the summer. What happens with NI may have an impact on AM, especially if they qualify for the Euros, you can’t have the SD away all summer.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Sid said:

very positive article on Cochrane today from manager. Maybe he’s coming out of his injuries and maturing and time away from the limelight was right for him. Bit early to know for sure though. But, as has been seen with Hickey, extended runs in first team aren’t necessarily the best development route. 

Yeah he seems to be doing well for the Pars. Youngsters need games, taken out for a while a put back in, only the first two parts were achieved under Levein as he signed player after player ( nearly 40 in 24 months.).

Coburg Hearts
35 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Mate, you are desperate to find problems, enjoy the fact we have a new manager

He's not the only one. Stendel hasn't even taken charge of one game yet but some people are doubting him already.

11 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Let's tone down the negativity until we find out what's actually happening with the future structure of the club ffs.

Joint sporting director roles. CL and AM

DS assisted by JD and LF.

She’s in no rush to appoint another Sporting Director (her words) and she seemed pretty clear that Daly and Fox were to assist Stendel. I doubt she would have said as such if she were going to be paying them off in the near future.

So the immediate future structure of the club seems pretty clear. It’s a shite structure.

1 hour ago, Sid said:

Hi Sid, can you point me in the direction of the article? Thanks.

Haringshairband
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Joint sporting director roles. CL and AM

DS assisted by JD and LF.

She’s in no rush to appoint another Sporting Director (her words) and she seemed pretty clear that Daly and Fox were to assist Stendel. I doubt she would have said as such if she were going to be paying them off in the near future.

So the immediate future structure of the club seems pretty clear. It’s a shite structure.

Numerous posters on here have alluded to us being unable to afford to pay off all our previous coaches and I too believe this to be the case. I'm a glass half full kind of guy so I'll keep positive while others mump and moan about CL & Co still being at the club. Does it ever get boring being so negative?