Is Stendel allowed to bring in one or more of his own men.

Selkirkhmfc1874

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• TWF

• Whatever

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Don't confuse us with facts!

Interestingly Chris Stern was appointed as assistant Head Coach as Hannover II at the age of 23. That is their reserve team, but he must be fairly well regarded to have been given a senior coaching position at that age.

1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Interestingly Chris Stern was appointed as assistant Head Coach as Hannover II at the age of 23. That is their reserve team, but he must be fairly well regarded to have been given a senior coaching position at that age.

How old was Cathro at Dundee United?

I think quite a lot of posters on here should step out of the bedsit and get a job.....anywhere, just to see how a management structure works and how delegation works in the real world and not on the Xstation. 

Could be an eye opener for many.

highlandjambo3

I know one thing.......everyone will have a rocket up their arse tomorrow, haircuts, shoes shined, crease down the front of the jeans, oh wait, that’s a weegie thing ain’t it.............shape up or ship out

56 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yes, a football club’s coaching staff is just like the structure of a normal business :rofl:

Glad you found it funny.  However, what, pray, is normal business?

If I could be arsed I'd would double your self portrait.

3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Remember this guy is new to Scotland and the clique mentality that exists here, especially in the football media. He needs somebody around who can tell him who the mischief makers are, the personalities of the other coaches/managers and who the good journalists are.

Who knows, he might even make the current coaches better at their job too. 

It would be a mistake, in my opinion, to just get rid of everyone right away. Let it be his decision, in time. To make those decisions for him wouldn't be a good way to start.

I’d really like to know what they all do? There seems to be loads of them farting about producing one of, if not the worst Hearts teams I’ve seen.

Unfit, chicken hearted, poor defensively, weak in midfield and don’t score goals. Perhaps the football review will explain it. 

EasternRossco
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

It would allow him some insight into what's been done to this point, the line of thinking the previous regime has been applying and why they've gone down that route.

Might help him formulate his own plan and then decide come the end of the season whether any of those he's worked with are people who can adapt to his plan and whether he'd like to work with them going forward or not. If he decides they're no use and wants rid in the summer then we should bin them. 

Cracking post Taffin. We can agree after all! 👍😊

1 minute ago, EasternRossco said:

Cracking post Taffin. We can agree after all! 👍😊

Thanks 👍 I've been a grumpy moaner for too long so I plan to seize the appointment and change of direction as a fresh start for all things Hearts...myself included.

itsnomarooned
3 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

There are ways and means of moving people on. At least one coach possibly two can be reassigned to a position not directly involved in the first team. This may not suit them and result in them moving of their own volition.

Which is a potential claim against us for constructive dismissal.

itsnomarooned
2 hours ago, Whatever said:

I’ll despair if Austin Macphee and Jon Daly survive this. If rumours are true and they’re disliked by some of the players, it won’t be helpful for them to remain in position.

If it isn’t going to happen now, I hope it does in the Summer. They are a huge part of why we are where we are.

We need a complete change from the old guard.

I don't necessarily wish either of them to stay, but what if the supposed dislike is entirely down to the players being twats rather than anything that Macphee or Daly are doing 'wrong'?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

The irony of "bad smell" is reeking in this post.

It also displays total ignorance of management structures in any "business."  When the CEO or MD or Senior Manager gets the heaveho you dont sack every departmental head.  That is lunacy.  You let the new guy assess and recommend and make adjustments accordingly.  Some may go some may stay.  If a coach is following orders from above, who is to say he cant do the same under a new man?

It's typical of the ingrained negative urine that dribbles from the keyboard in caravans up and down the country.

Nonsense, when managers get sacked most of the time the coaches go too. 
As for caravans up and down the country, they probably don’t have WiFi and what a casually racist and unchristian thing to say.

EasternRossco
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Thanks 👍 I've been a grumpy moaner for too long so I plan to seize the appointment and change of direction as a fresh start for all things Hearts...myself included.

Let's hope Stendel can make the difference. If I'm subjected to any more of the guff that's been on display recently I might end up as miserable as you! 😎

Everybody Loves Baz!
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

So this means that a few of our dugout diddies will still be here. With the bad smell still lingering about in the background explaining the rules of football to Budge I fear the environment will still be toxic. I was excited about Stendell but Budge's need for her comfort blankets is giving me the sinking feeling.

Pretty much like you on this forum.

Lingering about like a bad smell. You've been tixic on this board for years.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, itsnomarooned said:

I don't necessarily wish either of them to stay, but what if the supposed dislike is entirely down to the players being twats rather than anything that Macphee or Daly are doing 'wrong'?

Has either impressed you as caretaker manager? They’re not up to the job, they and Levein conferred on most decisions taken during games and rarely got it right.

1 hour ago, jambo_No5 said:

Has anyone been to Riccarton to watch training? What do Daly and Fox actually do? I'd imagine for Stendel to get his ideas and style across then him and his assistant will need very hands on in training. Also was Park ever given a contract or was he just helping MacPhee on a temporary basis?

Park was already working with the U18's, just promoted to the first team by AM.

3 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Pretty much like you on this forum.

Lingering about like a bad smell. You've been tixic on this board for years.

I think if push came to shove my presence on here would be more popular than yours.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, lauren1874 said:

Park was already working with the U18's, just promoted to the first team by AM.

Donald park is a brilliant well respected coach at developing youngsters 

Just now, Barack said:

We should have a poll.

Make it public so I can square go with anyone not voting for me

:seething:

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

I'm sure the media will try and spin it as a negative.

On here will try spin it as negative you mean. 

itsnomarooned
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Has either impressed you as caretaker manager? They’re not up to the job, they and Levein conferred on most decisions taken during games and rarely got it right.

Not really but that wasn't what I was saying.  My point is that there's been a couple of posts stating that the players don't like the coaches but I'd want some more detail on this before jumping to conclusions.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

The world isn’t his oyster though....

Stendel may well have decided to judge MacPhee for himself rather than take someone else’s word for it.

Seems a good idea to me.

Nah mate, far better to take the word of some random punters on the internet who have almost certainly never worked in football before and definitely never worked with the current Hearts coaching staff before!

5 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

Not really but that wasn't what I was saying.  My point is that there's been a couple of posts stating that the players don't like the coaches but I'd want some more detail on this before jumping to conclusions.

It's made up by posters to justify their point. Theres no truth in it.

The sensible approach is to let Stendel judge the coaches ability and decide for himself if they're any use. I think that's a better idea than paying attention to

some random non-paying member of KB making mischief.

Captain Canada

It was interesting to read the quote from Michael Smith earlier: "“It’s probably down to Ann and the new manager whether or not he [MacPhee] stays at the club. To me, he’s one of the good guys and he was the one who sold me on the club and brought me here so I haven’t got a bad word to say about him.”

I wonder who the 'bad guys' are? 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Don't confuse us with facts!

Winkler only lasted four months or so at Huddersfield and is now back in Germany

1 hour ago, itsnomarooned said:

I’m sure it was Allan Preston that first mentioned it.

so I’ll take that with a pinch of salt 

I’m not saying he is wrong but I would think it would be covered by more than just the arseholes on sportsound if true.

GorgieFifeLife

Which is a potential claim against us for constructive dismissal.

Identical to the situation with Levein.

6 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

I’m sure it was Allan Preston that first mentioned it.

so I’ll take that with a pinch of salt 

I’m not saying he is wrong but I would think it would be covered by more than just the arseholes on sportsound if true.

Preston is an idiot .

Last quote I heard from him 'six weeks to give a job to an unemployed man' !

Since when did people have to like their manager ?

Pasquale for King

I don’t know what the players feel about them, they haven’t tried a leg for them so that might indicate their thoughts.

I know the coaches don’t get on, Daly and Fox for example barely acknowledge each other. 
Nonetheless they’ve failed miserably at their job, they should be emptied and would have no grounds whatsoever to sue us or go to a tribunal.

Hampden Demolition

Sounds like we are after both Stern and Tonge going by the Barnsley statement. They seem to be looking for compo for all 3.

Just now, johnthomas said:

Preston is an idiot .

Last quote I heard from him 'six weeks to give a job to an unemployed man' !

Since when did people have to like their manager ?

Im merely suggesting people are taking prestons word as gospel.
I have not heard anyone else in the media mention it and the way we are reported on in the media I’m surprised if true it’s not been mentioned by anyone else was my point.

You don’t have to like your manager but you still have to do your job!!

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nonsense, when managers get sacked most of the time the coaches go too. 
As for caravans up and down the country, they probably don’t have WiFi and what a casually racist and unchristian thing to say.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Nice try!  However, your insulting obfuscation, considering you are one of the gibbering elite of JKB Doomsayers, tends to take away the punch of the "joke."

The original poster stated:  "So this means that a few of our dugout diddies will still be here. With the bad smell still lingering about in the background explaining the rules of football to Budge I fear the environment will still be toxic. I was excited about Stendell but Budge's need for her comfort blankets is giving me the sinking feeling." - a blatantly insulting and appalling post, which you obviously support, according to your response.

And, pray, what does "caravans" have to do with race?  Used to enjoy holidays in our family caravan.  So, I'm insulting myself I suppose?

Really, if you're going to trawl out such obvious merde from your imagination, put it in the receptacle civilisation has provided for it.  

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Nice try!  However, your insulting obfuscation, considering you are one of the gibbering elite of JKB Doomsayers, tends to take away the punch of the "joke."

The original poster stated:  "So this means that a few of our dugout diddies will still be here. With the bad smell still lingering about in the background explaining the rules of football to Budge I fear the environment will still be toxic. I was excited about Stendell but Budge's need for her comfort blankets is giving me the sinking feeling." - a blatantly insulting and appalling post, which you obviously support, according to your response.

And, pray, what does "caravans" have to do with race?  Used to enjoy holidays in our family caravan.  So, I'm insulting myself I suppose?

Really, if you're going to trawl out such obvious merde from your imagination, put it in the receptacle civilisation has provided for it.  

I think you mistake my disdain for your insulting comments as support for another insulting post. I do agree that Levein and his pals are hanging around like a bad smell and should be removed from the building, as I pointed out it happens in football all the time. Your intolerant comments about caravans are as misplaced as your support of the coaching team that have us joint bottom of the league, the doomsayers were much more accurate than you happy clappers, unfortunately. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Sounds like we are after both Stern and Tonge going by the Barnsley statement. They seem to be looking for compo for all 3.

Looks like Tonge will arrive when the other coaches leave.

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

It was interesting to read the quote from Michael Smith earlier: "“It’s probably down to Ann and the new manager whether or not he [MacPhee] stays at the club. To me, he’s one of the good guys and he was the one who sold me on the club and brought me here so I haven’t got a bad word to say about him.”

I wonder who the 'bad guys' are? 

Brown nosing his future NI manager? 🤔

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think you mistake my disdain for your insulting comments as support for another insulting post. I do agree that Levein and his pals are hanging around like a bad smell and should be removed from the building, as I pointed out it happens in football all the time. Your intolerant comments about caravans are as misplaced as your support of the coaching team that have us joint bottom of the league, the doomsayers were much more accurate than you happy clappers, unfortunately. 

Spot on! 👍

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Brown nosing his future NI manager? 🤔

That’s why I thought, he liked Levein too. I’m sure Stendel will win him and the rest over.

Hibs and former Barnsley defender Adam Jackson: “From week one when [Stendel and his team] arrived it was all about the new philosophy and the way they wanted to play and that last season [relegation] didn’t matter. We all bought into it straight away.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s why I thought, he liked Levein too. I’m sure Stendel will win him and the rest over.

Hibs and former Barnsley defender Adam Jackson: “From week one when [Stendel and his team] arrived it was all about the new philosophy and the way they wanted to play and that last season [relegation] didn’t matter. We all bought into it straight away.

He sounds the business! 👍

Ainsley Harriott

Does anyone know if hes doing  press conference tomorrow? Really looking forward to hearing him talk about his plans. Hope we don't have to wait until the usual end of week pre match interview.

16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Spot on! 👍

Or 'spot off' , depending on your opinion. Deep breaths Thomaso, for the blood pressure 😉

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, EH11 said:

Or 'spot off' , depending on your opinion. Deep breaths Thomaso, for the blood pressure 😉

Fair enough, we are all allowed our opinions ( which was part of my initial point).

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He sounds the business! 👍

He does, really looking forward now to the four home games coming up.

6 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

According to the evening news he wanted to bring 2 of his men with him but has been told he can only bring one which fair enough in my opinion ! Hopefully at the end of the season once others contracts run out he can get his own men if he wishes.

I thought Levein was a egotistical bullyboy dictator. Heard it on here.  How can the other coaches bear any responsibility if so?

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Does anyone know if hes doing  press conference tomorrow? Really looking forward to hearing him talk about his plans. Hope we don't have to wait until the usual end of week pre match interview.

I’m sure there is a press conference tomorrow.

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He does, really looking forward now to the four home games coming up.

Think he’ll be great for us but I’m wary of getting my hopes up too soon. There’s a lot of work to do to turn this squad around, might be difficult to get an immediate turn around. Fingers crossed for a new manager bounce though 🤞🏻