Is Stendel allowed to bring in one or more of his own men.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

According to the evening news he wanted to bring 2 of his men with him but has been told he can only bring one which fair enough in my opinion ! Hopefully at the end of the season once others contracts run out he can get his own men if he wishes.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• TWF

• Whatever

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

According to the evening news he wanted to bring 2 of his men with him but has been told he can only bring one which fair enough in my opinion ! Hopefully at the end of the season once others contracts run out he can get his own men if he wishes.

Would rather he had brought his own team , in entirety, with him but I’m sure it will be sorted come summer. 

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not fair enough for me I’m afraid. Need a full clear out top to bottom and a full array of Stendel staff in. Let’s do it once and do it right. 

So this means that a few of our dugout diddies will still be here. With the bad smell still lingering about in the background explaining the rules of football to Budge I fear the environment will still be toxic. I was excited about Stendell but Budge's need for her comfort blankets is giving me the sinking feeling.

Edited by i8hibsh

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

Not fair enough for me I’m afraid. Need a full clear out top to bottom and a full array of Stendel staff in. Let’s do it once and do it right. 

Most of us probably want that, however it won’t be easy with contract situations and number of staff involved 

I'd rather there was some funds for Stendel to bring an few players. Daly can continue to put the cones out.

Obviously in an ideal world both would happen.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Expect to see more news in respect of the staffing plans over the course of the next few weeks 

It’s one thing wanting something or people to leave but there is also the contractual aspect as well so will be interesting to see what happens 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

What is German for "How the **** is that useless lazy **** on a 4 year contract?"

2.5 years I heard...

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

2.5 years I heard...

No, I mean that is what he will say when he sees the likes of Damour etc.

pettigrewsstylist

Evolution as opposed to revolution then? Happy to trust Ann on this one with regards to finances/best interests of HMFC.

I suspect she will have learnt an awful lot about football fraternity over last 12 mths.

Under the floodlight

Need to allow New manager and his appointed staff member time to assess what other current staff he wants to keep, If he's as good as everybody says, he is he will suss them out fairly quickly. Have to remember that our current coaches have been operating under the iron fist of Levein according to some on here.

fair enough i guess, seems it was a complicated and possible expensive effort to get him in, so that leaves less money to pay off staff already here 

Selkirkhmfc1874
22 minutes ago, Mort said:

Would want the same but I can understand it if people still under contract until the summer ! Would expect more of his own people come pre season 

I thought he wanted his 2 men from Barnsley but at the moment only 1 could come however the other will follow on in the summer. Something to do with contracts.

The Treasurer
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So this means that a few of our dugout diddies will still be here. With the bad smell still lingering about in the background explaining the rules of football to Budge I fear the environment will still be toxic. I was excited about Stendell but Budge's need for her comfort blankets is giving me the sinking feeling.

But if we get rid of all the current coaches you wouldn't be able to post all those "hilarious" nicknames you have for them :sad:

There is no way hearts can pay guys off and get other staff in. I don’t know when Daly and foxs contract is up but I guess it might not be renewed.

The Treasurer

I think we need to keep some of the current staff at least until Stendel gets to know the players.

How else would he know that Walker is an attacking midfielder or Wighton is a striker for example, unless someone points it out to him

GorgieFifeLife

There are ways and means of moving people on. At least one coach possibly two can be reassigned to a position not directly involved in the first team. This may not suit them and result in them moving of their own volition.

Is the story he is bringing one for sure and will look at what coaches we have before deciding if more of ours should get binned?

Hopefully Andy Kirk is retained, and Donald Park

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Most managers only bring in an assistant at the beginning 🤷‍♂️ he has time to reshape his coaching staff.

Like most things this place will start reading way too much into it and turn it into a massive pile of lies and bullshit.

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think we need to keep some of the current staff at least until Stendel gets to know the players.

How else would he know that Walker is an attacking midfielder or Wighton is a striker for example, unless someone points it out to him

It’s no even funny but that made me laugh 😀

27 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Evolution as opposed to revolution then? Happy to trust Ann on this one with regards to finances/best interests of HMFC.

I suspect she will have learnt an awful lot about football fraternity over last 12 mths.

👏👏👏

22 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Need to allow New manager and his appointed staff member time to assess what other current staff he wants to keep, If he's as good as everybody says, he is he will suss them out fairly quickly. Have to remember that our current coaches have been operating under the iron fist of Levein according to some on here.

Most people don't know what they want and when they do they speak with no insight into the situation - we are not going to sack everybody to satisfy the lust of some for a scorched earth policy.

Our present coaches should be able to coach various styles. The new manager and assistant will hopefully give the appropriate direction.

Stendel & his assistant, plus MacPhee, Daly, Fox, Park. How much would it cost to get rid of the latter four? On the other hand how much are we paying if they all remain to the end of the season?

Think the most important thing here is that if the club have to retain anyone because of contractual or financial loss that is completely different to retaining any current staff if it wasn’t DS choice to keep them on 

sure he will have been told that if the above is the case then as and when contracts expire he is free to bring who he wants on board. That’s the most important thing all round 

SectionDJambo

Remember this guy is new to Scotland and the clique mentality that exists here, especially in the football media. He needs somebody around who can tell him who the mischief makers are, the personalities of the other coaches/managers and who the good journalists are.

Who knows, he might even make the current coaches better at their job too. 

It would be a mistake, in my opinion, to just get rid of everyone right away. Let it be his decision, in time. To make those decisions for him wouldn't be a good way to start.

It should have been ten
19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

:lol:

Would hope that first team coaches along with Levein would be moved out. Their methods have failed and they have had plenty of time. These are matters for the board though, and finances will have to be considered. DS will have enough on his plate to get a quick reaction from the players and get his ideas across. Would rather Stendel brought someone like Rankin or Kirk into the first team structure as third man. The reserves and youth teams will also need to buy into this. Daniel comes across as a determined and enthusiastic character, he faces a big task and needs our support and patience. Tynie will rock again let's move on.

Perhaps he was told 2 coaches and little budget for January, 1 and you can have money to spend. End of the season when the spongers contracts are up you can get your 2nd man in.

Stendel signed up to it so that's what matters!

pettigrewsstylist
32 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Wighton is not a striker, midfielder, winger or defender.

Not sure what Wighton is!

The Old Tolbooth

At first when reading this I felt a bit dismayed, however after thinking about it, it makes financial sense at this point in time. 

Budge's biggest mistake was letting Levein waste our transfer kitty and not replacing him during the summer, I would imagine any January transfer kitty funds that were originally kept back for Levein, will be pretty minimal considering how much we threw at the first team in the summer (Naisy and Whelan won't come cheap), and with this in mind I reckon what was on offer to Stendel was that he could bring in his own team entirely,  and we'd get shot of the dross in the background, but this would eat up our transfer kitty in January and he'd need to work with what he has at the club already (which he clearly doesn't fancy!), or he can bring in one of his team, leave some of our own dross in place until the summer when we'll have a larger kitty again to get rid of them, and have some funds to work with in January. 

I have no idea if that above is correct or not, but it seems like the logical way to think regarding the situation. 

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Wighton is not a striker, midfielder, winger or defender.

Not sure what Wighton is!

He's a player that, like many, has struggled under the previous regime.

Hopefully the fresh voice in the changing room gives him and the rest of the team a kick up the backside and an upturn in performances. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He's a player that, like many, has struggled under the previous regime.

Hopefully the fresh voice in the changing room gives him and the rest of the team a kick up the backside and an upturn in performances. 

Here;s hoping. We cant be burning cash like that. He has shown absolutely zero to suggest it tho.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Suspect it's less about comfort blankets and more about cash. We don't know how much these appointments are costing (ongoing and up front) 

I'm sure if you're willing to pay for it all, they'll be happy to hear from you!

Can anyone point to where it says he wanted both but was only allowed one? I can only see on twitter that one is joining (Stern) but can't see anything that says he wanted Tonge (and Tonge wanted to come) but he was told no by Budge?

If he comes in and on his own accord wants to keep McPhee, Fox & Daly then that is good enough for me.

Explain how Daly , fox etc are Budge comfort blankets please 

LarrysRightFoot

This is only a guess but I would suspect he would want at least one of his coaches to be local/know the club and Scottish game. Sounds like he used local coaches at Barnsley as well as having Andreas Winkler with him. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

59 minutes ago, Locky said:

I read yesterday he only wanted to bring one anyway.

Come on mate, don’t get in the way of a good old JKB moan fest with some facts.

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

As a matter of interest, who has Ross brought in at Fester?

Jack Ross brought in John Potter a coach at Sunderland. 

His assistant manager James Fowler didn't come taking job as head of football operations at Kilmarnock instead. 

Can we not just be thankful that we’ve now got a new man in charge, rather than look for more reasons to be negative/p**sed off.

He’s obviously happy enough with the conditions of his appointment, otherwise he wouldn’t have taken the job.

Like it or not, you can’t just rip up a full football infrastructure overnight; firstly, it will cost a lot of money to pay up contracts and secondly you need to have a detailed plan in place to replace it.

While the whole first team set up is rightly being questioned following our form over the last year, in reality nobody really knows how good, bad or indifferent those operating under Levein and MacPhee are. I’m sure DS will take time to make up his own mind over the coming weeks/months before making any decisions.

Edited by combo74