The rest of the season...

Morgan

2 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

A good run in the SC and a mid table result would do for me, I would even settle for 7th to tell the truth, as long as we are playing well and we can see Dan forming a good ethos & playing style, willing to be patient and would encourage others to be the same.

This, we have to build momentum for next season. Maybe two-three players this window and another 3-4 in the summer.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Bridge of Djoum

• GorgieFifeLife

• August Landmesser

Don't think we'll see the best of Stendel until the start of next season. All we can hope for now is that the players (with two or three additions) believe in what he will try to do. A high pressing game is the aim, we have a few players that can and will do that, others that don't will be shown the door. There's a lot of deadwood within the squad and we don't need that type taking a wage. For me, the first thing is to make sure the defence know exactly what they are supposed to do, stick with one keeper and not switch players about just for the hell of it. A wee Cup run (depending on luck of the draw) would be ideal an way to really start his turn around and players focusing on the pitch and not hiding when the going gets tough. At the end of the day, it's all up to them whether or not they stay at Hearts or never play for a higher profile club again in their careers.

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Don't think we'll see the best of Stendel until the start of next season. All we can hope for now is that the players (with two or three additions) believe in what he will try to do. A high pressing game is the aim, we have a few players that can and will do that, others that don't will be shown the door. There's a lot of deadwood within the squad and we don't need that type taking a wage. For me, the first thing is to make sure the defence know exactly what they are supposed to do, stick with one keeper and not switch players about just for the hell of it. A wee Cup run (depending on luck of the draw) would be ideal an way to really start his turn around and players focusing on the pitch and not hiding when the going gets tough. At the end of the day, it's all up to them whether or not they stay at Hearts or never play for a higher profile club again in their careers.

I agree with most of your points although i am not convinced about a "wee cup run". I know it would be good from a financial viewpoint however I think we need to just concentrate all our effforts into climbing the league table and getting out of the bottom six.

Got to win Saturday its a massive game for Hearts and Stendel, get off to a flyer and some points on the board. Hopefully we can take a performance into the Celtic game and get something from that. On our day we have performed ok against the old firm at home and taking something out the game isn't beyond us. December is crucial though, plenty points up for grabs and a real opportunity to push up the league. 

Just now, wavydavy said:

I agree with most of your points although i am not convinced about a "wee cup run". I know it would be good from a financial viewpoint however I think we need to just concentrate all our effforts into climbing the league table and getting out of the bottom six.

Yes, the reason I mentioned a decent cup run was in fact to help with finances next summer. Not sure how it will pan out with Fox, Daly and the rest of them but if they are to be paid off then we'll need as much money as possible. I believe only one of his assistants is allowed to join for now and expecting the other to join in the summer when there is more finance available. But yes, we need to concentrate on getting up the league as soon as possible, the higher up we can get ourselves the more cash we'll get on final league placings come May.

6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yes, the reason I mentioned a decent cup run was in fact to help with finances next summer. Not sure how it will pan out with Fox, Daly and the rest of them but if they are to be paid off then we'll need as much money as possible. I believe only one of his assistants is allowed to join for now and expecting the other to join in the summer when there is more finance available. But yes, we need to concentrate on getting up the league as soon as possible, the higher up we can get ourselves the more cash we'll get on final league placings come May.

:thumbs_up:

4 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Ah that old chesnut. You were probably happy clapping along through Leveins tenure. I will tell you what to do no problem. Loser.

Loser?  :rofl:

If only you knew.