• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Bridge of Djoum

• GorgieFifeLife

• August Landmesser

Finishing 12th would do me, and start afresh in the summer.

Really worried about the state of the team just now.

As everybody else has said, the guy's got some job on his hands.😯

1 hour ago, Masonic said:

feel like the goal is top 6 now and hope for big changes in the summer

It would be a pretty spectacular achievement to make top 6 now.

We currently have 12 points after 17 games, top 6 usually requires around 42 points by the split at 33 games. We would most probably need to win 10 of our next 16 games to make to top 6.

Top 6 and a good cup run would do me now. Got be kind of realistic as Rome was not built in a day.

Oh and some nice football!

13 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Is Stendel going to bring us the league? No.

The Scottish Cup? Maybe. Hope so.

The League Cup? Couldn't give a **** tbh.

But if he can make it fun to watch Hearts again? He's my man. All I want. Just make it less than a ****ing root canal to be a Hearts supporter.

You couldn’t care about winning the League Cup???

Strange. Very strange.

I really don't think we'll make top 6 this year, it'd have to be some turn around. Taking that into account I want us away from a relegation fight as soon as possible and start to see improvements in the style of football we play.

Any more than that would be a real bonus for me. 

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

At least top 6 has to be the target.

Even after the disaster of a season we have had so far.

Give him this season to get things on the way,,, itl be a time for patience but I'm sure he will get it right" be nice if we can bring a few  new players in january ,,

15 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Strange. Very strange.

I’d love to see Hearts win the LC!

SpruceBringsteen
16 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Strange. Very strange.

Not since they took away the European place for it. I understand others see it differently, but for me it's just a glorified East of Scotland shield. *shrug*

Just now, SpruceBringsteen said:

Not since they took away the European place for it. I understand others see it differently, but for me it's just a glorified East of Scotland shield. *shrug*

Strange laddie, especially since you only attended one of our SC wins 😋😉😁

SpruceBringsteen
Just now, neilnunb said:

Strange laddie, especially since you only attended one of our SC wins 😋😉😁

The best one tbf

Stay up, take stock and build for next season. There must be signs of us moving in the right direction though, ie. better football, more goals, more effort from the team.

Have to be aiming for 7th and a good Scottish Cup run.

Top 6 would obviously help financially but if we're safe in the league then the Cup becomes the priority

13 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Is Stendel going to bring us the league? No.

The Scottish Cup? Maybe. Hope so.

The League Cup? Couldn't give a **** tbh.

But if he can make it fun to watch Hearts again? He's my man. All I want. Just make it less than a ****ing root canal to be a Hearts supporter.

Aye just to start winning again would be something🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👍👏

The season is done, fingers crossed we do enough to stay up but that's it really. Will be nice to hopefully see a team go out on the front foot.

I think it'll mainly be players getting a better of understanding of what Stendel wants from them and letting them get to know their roles on the pitch better.

Ex member of the SaS

Gutted there has been no improvement so far, what's the point of a new manager if you don't that that new guy bounce?😉

alwaysthereinspirit
34 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Strange. Very strange.

I'd take winning the league cup every 10 years. Our record is atrocious. Silverware is silverware. No matter what. It lost its shine a little when European qualification was lost but its still a national tournament. Never understood the blase attitude to winning it.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Gutted there has been no improvement so far, what's the point of a new manager if you don't that that new guy bounce?😉

Undefeated for (almost) two days. What more do you want from him? 😉

Edited by August Landmesser

Aim for the top 6 and have a good cup run.

Ideally - win our home derby(s) and give the Old Firm a game at Tynie.

Ideally start to play some attractive football again before the season ends and also rebuild the bonds between club, manager, fans and players which have taken some serious dunts in the last while. Get Tynecastle back to being somewhere that is tough for the opposition with fast starts from us and everyone united.

Next year with a full pre-season from the new manager then i'll expect / hope for good things ! 

1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Really? Have a look at our history and you will see the LC played a huge part in our story. There was no European place back in the day when the likes of Bauld, Conn, Mackay, etc, dominated the competition.

I think it’s a bit disrespectful to them to now term it a glorified E of S Shield TBH.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 hours ago, Morgan said:

How is it going to pan out under Daniel?

Probably a slow start because he’s got too much to fix quickly but I expect us to be seventh, something like that, and then hopefully get a grip properly in the summer.

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Really? Have a look at our history and you will see the LC played a huge part in our story. There was no European place back in the day when the likes of Bauld, Conn, Mackay, etc, dominated the competition.

I think it’s a bit disrespectful to them to now term it a glorified E of S Shield TBH.

Couldn't agree more

Our LC win in 1954 kicked off our greatest winning era including 4 LCs in 8 years.

To dismiss the trophy that we haven't won in nearly 60 years since we last won it sounds like four grapes from a glorified East of Scotland league side . At least when it comes to that trophy.

Bridge of Djoum
11 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

6 home and 2 away in the league, plus the home cup tie against Airdrie, I think! 

Ah. Cheers for the correction.

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Strange. Very strange.

5 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I only give a monkeys about the LC if we are in the final.

12 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

He needs to keep us in the league.  That will be a big ask from what we have seen from these players so far.

If he's a remotely decent manager, that will be a piece of piss for him.

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I only give a monkeys about the LC if we are in the final.

Correct.

If Hearts aren’t in it, it’s the Mickey Mouse Cup.

When Hearts are in it, it’s the third competition in Scotland, and therefore well worth winning.

8 hours ago, bairdy said:

WTF???

:cornette:

8 hours ago, bairdy said:

So relegation would be ok ? 🤐

Top 6 and a run in the cup is success, this is what I'm hoping for. 7-10th acceptable given our start to the season, 11th or bottom disastrous.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If he's a remotely decent manager, that will be a piece of piss for him.

Depends how many players he can get in and out in January. This squad is full of losers.

Toxteth O'Grady
8 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

Being realistic? Just get out of the relegation zone would be the priority, there's certainly no time to piss around experimenting. 

I think that’s where we are.

A year of shit results and a squad full of crocs and duds. 

He has a task on his hands 

21 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Depends how many players he can get in and out in January. This squad is full of losers.

:bigyawn:

GorgieFifeLife
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:bigyawn:

Provide some evidence to the contrary rather than stupid little pictures.  We have a club full of proven losers.

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Provide some evidence to the contrary rather than stupid little pictures.  We have a club full of proven losers.

Don’t tell me what to do.

Who are ‘we’?

Bazzas right boot
On 08/12/2019 at 22:18, Morgan said:

How is it going to pan out under Daniel?

Be great, if not  cannae wait for the boos and the casual xenophobia. 

Bazzas right boot

Win every home game remaining this month and batter Hamilton away. 

Be 5th and gunning down 4th before you can say happy new year. 

J.T.F.Robertson
25 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Obviously top 6, and top 4, is a target.

I think CL et al,  has built a decent squad here.

I literally have no idea what will happen.  

I am an empty cup,

I wish I had your confidence in the "decent squad" bit. If possible, I hope he weeds out some of the charlatans masquerading as Hearts' players.

I'll more than settle for signs he has us heading in a positive direction and away from the crap we've been subjected to for far too long now. If he can manage that, hopefully, the only way is up.

38 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I have a level of optimism about Hearts, that never leaves me. 

Same here.  The rest of the season is about promise and good reason for optimism.

GorgieFifeLife
8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Don’t tell me what to do.

Who are ‘we’?

Ah that old chesnut. You were probably happy clapping along through Leveins tenure. I will tell you what to do no problem. Loser.

On 08/12/2019 at 23:29, TheOak88 said:

I think Top 6 is fairly unlikely given our current position. 

Assuming he can get us a safe finish far from any relegation worries and get us at least a SC QF (assuming no horrendous draw) - I would be happy enough. 

Unfortunately we have waited until we are in a deep hole before appointing him so unfair to expect miracles from him. By the same token given our position he will at least have to pick up some results over the next month or 2. 

Correct. 

This won't be a quick fix. 

Might be next season when he has the players in that he wants before we see the best of him. 

Hopefully 😏

Top 8 and semi of the Scottish, I think could be deemed a success for him considering where we are. 

He must be given time though. 

My worry is we don't have the players to press hard. Michael Stewart pointed this out on Sunday. Midfield are neither here nor there when it comes to a style of play. Whelan and Walker definitely ain't that type of player. I certainly don't want Bozanic in our team, despite his ability to run after the ball a lot. I can only hope our tactics have hindered us so far and our players can turn it on with a change in that department.

Avoid relegation and start next season with his team and philosophy, I have high hopes for this guy, but I'm basing this on being a Jambo, nothing else.

We’re effectively 4 wins of a difference behind Killie and Hibs as it stands,

Its going to be tough to overcome that gap imo. Killie are a pretty steady outfit and Hibs are on a wee run.

However....

If we win 3 of our 4 league games we’ll probably be a point or so behind both them. Boxing Day is the proverbial 6 pointer.

A good run in the SC and a mid table result would do for me, I would even settle for 7th to tell the truth, as long as we are playing well and we can see Dan forming a good ethos & playing style, willing to be patient and would encourage others to be the same.