• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Bridge of Djoum

• GorgieFifeLife

• August Landmesser

chester copperpot

Hopefully a sharp rise in performances with us heading up the league.

I just want a team which tries to win a ****ing football match. That would be a start 

Not great until the winter break maybe 1 or 2 wins and a bunch of draws. 

After the winter break when the players have settled and are fit then we should expect a massive difference but the top 6 might be out our reach by then.

29 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Not great until the winter break maybe 1 or 2 wins and a bunch of draws. 

After the winter break when the players have settled and are fit then we should expect a massive difference but the top 6 might be out our reach by then.

You think that's not great? Out of 5 games?

36 minutes ago, Morgan said:

How is it going to pan out under Daniel?

Seemingly it will be high pressing attacking football - what’s not to like! 👍

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Seemingly it will be high pressing attacking football - what’s not to like! 👍

Once we've got the players in that can play it. 

Bridge of Djoum

Purely on this season...secure a respectable position, identify what we need and don’t, instill pride and dedication in those he wants. Be brave and play football that excites the fans. No miracles, no prophecies, no bollocks. 

August Landmesser

Top 6, cup run (assuming a decent draw), maybe a win v one or both of the Uglies and some decent, battling performances. Foundations laid for next season.

6th, at least, Scottish Cup winners and we'll take it from there. 

Smiley face but close to either would be satisfactory. 

Further edit: cuffing the Lochenders would be nice, too. 

Edited by martoon

August Landmesser
7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Plenty points to play for, no reason not to aim for top 6.

Indeed. We're not far off. Need a decent December though

SpruceBringsteen

Is Stendel going to bring us the league? No.

The Scottish Cup? Maybe. Hope so.

The League Cup? Couldn't give a **** tbh.

But if he can make it fun to watch Hearts again? He's my man. All I want. Just make it less than a ****ing root canal to be a Hearts supporter.

I think Top 6 is fairly unlikely given our current position. 

Assuming he can get us a safe finish far from any relegation worries and get us at least a SC QF (assuming no horrendous draw) - I would be happy enough. 

Unfortunately we have waited until we are in a deep hole before appointing him so unfair to expect miracles from him. By the same token given our position he will at least have to pick up some results over the next month or 2. 

Bridge of Djoum

Think I’m right in saying 7 home and 2 away league games coming up? We have to be looking or at least hoping for 5 wins at the minimum there?

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I think Top 6 is fairly unlikely given our current position. 

Assuming he can get us a safe finish far from any relegation worries and get us at least a SC QF (assuming no horrendous draw) - I would be happy enough. 

Unfortunately we have waited until we are in a deep hole before appointing him so unfair to expect miracles from him. By the same token given our position he will at least have to pick up some results over the next month or 2. 

👍

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Indeed. We're not far off. Need a decent December though

Think what we do after the winter break will define the season. For december we could do with not losing any distance on the team in 6th place.

37 minutes ago, graygo said:

You think that's not great? Out of 5 games?

look who we are playing.

We should normally expect to win or feel confident for 4 out of 5 but it will probably be 2 wins 2 draws and a dry boaby.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

look who we are playing.

We should normally expect to win or feel confident for 4 out of 5 but it will probably be 2 wins 2 draws and a dry boaby.

I don’t expect to win any games at the moment so any win will be a bonus.  This isn’t going to turn around overnight and fans need to be patient with Stendel - he’s got a huge job on his hands to sort the mess he has inherited.

10 points behind 6th already so that's a big ask. Main aim is to get us safe and hopefully a cup run.

Feel sorry for the guy tbh as there's big pressure to get results immediately.

However,  got to be prepared for the worst case scenario and should that happen got to stick by him. He needs time to build his own team.

Low expectations from me but that's the shitty position we've been left in.

😐

Souttar back would be a big boost for us and Stendel but to the best of my knowledge, his eta is a secret.

Good, enterprising football is the least we should expect.  We do actually have good players.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Is Stendel going to bring us the league? No.

The Scottish Cup? Maybe. Hope so.

The League Cup? Couldn't give a **** tbh.

But if he can make it fun to watch Hearts again? He's my man. All I want. Just make it less than a ****ing root canal to be a Hearts supporter.

Your last paragraph is about as far as my hopes go for now, along with a few wins, of course.

Season is another write off I'm afraid it will take Daniel 2 windows at least to get rid off the dry rot at Hearts. As long as he stables the ship for the season I'll be happy. The real hard work starts in the summer 

Halkett, Souttar, Smith the only player's I'd keep 

If Naismith can't stay fit and continues to choose Scotland over his club career I'd get rid of him also. 

26 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Season is another write off I'm afraid it will take Daniel 2 windows at least to get rid off the dry rot at Hearts. As long as he stables the ship for the season I'll be happy. The real hard work starts in the summer 

If Naismith can't stay fit and continues to choose Scotland over his club career I'd get rid of him also. 

I’d also keep:

Hickey

Haring

Whelan

Washington

Mulraney

Uche

No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. A lot of our squad just need a proper manager to get them performing.

7 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Think I’m right in saying 7 home and 2 away league games coming up? We have to be looking or at least hoping for 5 wins at the minimum there?

6 home and 2 away in the league, plus the home cup tie against Airdrie, I think! 

10 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I’d also keep:

Hickey

Haring

Whelan

Washington

Mulraney

Uche

No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. A lot of our squad just need a proper manager to get them performing.

Forgot we had Washington, and Haring they've been out that long 

Whelan has a one year deal and may hang up his boots 

Mulraney and Uche have zero chance at Hearts 

Uche isn't a footballer and Mulraney lacks the mental strength to play for us 

Opinions will differ of course 

Avoid relegation and get us playing football that’s not eye bleeding torture.

I just want to enjoy watching football again after the utter disasters that were Cathro, Levein and Macphee.

It's damage limitation time. Would hope he is allowed to bring in one or two in January. We'll be bottom half, hopefully not too near the drop.

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

What's all this Naismith chat I keep seeing? 

Just trying to instil positive values and mindset into the club and team again. 

A gradually cautiousness has been built into the team’s psyche over the last couple of years and it needs dug out. 

With that hopefully a notable rise in performances, results, fans looking forward to matches again and all towards starting strong next season. Also having some players you really feel deserve adulation and kids looking in have heroes.  

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hibs had 9 points when Heckingbottom was sacked. They've now had 13 in 6 games since Ross was in. So, a run of 4 or 5 wins, coupled with losses for Hibs/Kilmarnock/Livingston, and the situation looks more stable.

Think we just want a brand of football, that doesn't have us arguing with each other on here every minute, and folk looking forward to watching games. Especially at home.

Summer is where the work will really begin. 

You'd think.  But already seeing carefully worded posts that will allow their authors to rant at the club if this guy doesn't turn out to be the Messiah. 

We_are_the_Hearts

Just looking for a style to emerge, more tempo and desire. It's not going to be a quick fix and you can only pee with the **** you have. But just a general sign of progression, consistency and fluency in our play would be a start.

50 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I’d also keep:

Hickey

Haring

Whelan

Washington

Mulraney

Uche

Agree👍

Hope he can steady the ship and give the players some much needed confidence... which is key. He may have ideas about what players he would like to get in but the ones going out will have to balance this factor. Unfortunately we have a lot of players on long contracts which may not be in the picture. He is at a considerable disadvantage over any Scottish manager we may have brought in because he does not know just how bad we are, however I am sure he will already be watching some of our recent horror shows to get his head round the task at hand. I wish him luck and hope he is given time to get things right because it will probably not happen overnight... but we can hope! 

5 out our next 6 are at home so it’s a good start in that respect. We just need to see wins, put a run together and the league position can change dramatically. January will be key to how the season plays out, I can’t see us moving many players on but somehow we need to get a couple of positions sorted. Hope injuries clear up Souttar Harring Washington and Naismith for the second half of the season will make a huge difference.

Think most of us would like to see a more or less completely new team altogether but that's not possible without time. Any improvement than what we've been watching recently will be a bonus. Really hoping and looking forward to a rejuvenated team under our new boss!

If the bad smell and the dugout duds are all away we can perhaps salvage a few scraps this season. If any of them are still about it is as you were I fear.

10 hours ago, Morgan said:

How is it going to pan out under Daniel?

I really hope and believe this is going to happen for us now Under Stendel 

As long as we see the performances on the field improving and signs of his style of play being adopted im feeling confident we will be just fine 

That said, this is no overnight fix. Don’t think it’s going to bring us instant success but with a bit of patience shown by the support and to give him the time he needs to get it right 

feeling more optimistic now with Stendel announced than I have done in a long time 

pettigrewsstylist

Target 10th safety asap.

Use next 2 windows to sort that calamity of a squad out, and have squad in place BEFORE close season as much as poss. Get rid of those who will never have the spine for the expectations of the supporters of Heart of Midlothian Football Cub.

Sign 2 left backs who are ready to play a full season!

Think we need to take it one step at a time. Whilst i'd like to see an improvement in the style of play I think the first step has to be to get us away from the bottom, then we can start looking at what else could be achievable. 

Happy for him just to keep us comfortably in this league, beat the vermin when we play them and build in the summer. This seasons done.

Top six seems unlikely now. Steve Clarke managed it from a similar position a couple of years ago, but his team went on an exceptional run almost immediately. I'm not sure we are capable of that.

Right now, I'd settle for an improvement in entertainment value and pulling well clear of relegation trouble. Anything more is a bonus. 

11 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Happy for him just to keep us comfortably in this league, beat the vermin when we play them and build in the summer. This seasons done.

Good post too many people think we are going to change over night survival is priority at the moment

Playing attacking style of football, going out to win matches, players looking like they give a shit, win or lose, would be a start.

Players not playing out of position and no more ####in injuries, top 6 finish above H1b5, unbeaten at home from now, I'd be happy with that for the rest of the season.

HHGH 

Anything higher than 7th in the league would be a miracle tbh.

He’s got 6 months to sort this lot out and get recruitment for next year sorted.