Nasal hair.

superjack

As I'm, almost, starting to get older there are certain parts of the ageing process o can accept; loss of hair, what hair left doing grey, expanding waist, arthritic joints. The 1 thing that I can't accept though is the growth explosion of my nasal hair over the last few years.

I've spent ages with nose trimmers, small scissors, and even the painful plucking of them.

How come it took me until tonight to discover the simplest technique going?

I'm a fairly intelligent guy so how did I never before think of just burning them with a lighter?

You singed your nose hair?

That must have utterly stank. 

Best option is to get the barbers to yank them out. Lasts for ages

Edited by AlimOzturk

Used wifes compact and tweezers last night for nose and eyebrow management. 

6 Singha and 6 Amstel... No problems with pain.. ;) 

5 hours ago, superjack said:

As I'm, almost, starting to get older there are certain parts of the ageing process o can accept; loss of hair, what hair left doing grey, expanding waist, arthritic joints. The 1 thing that I can't accept though is the growth explosion of my nasal hair over the last few years.

I've spent ages with nose trimmers, small scissors, and even the painful plucking of them.

I'm a fairly intelligent guy so how did I never before think of just burning them with a lighter?

Turkish Barber will sort you out. Nose and Ears.

6 hours ago, superjack said:

Or grow a Baird and Mouser, don't go for the Scottish mouser, tho. :sick:

Edited by ri Alban

8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

You singed your nose hair?

That must have utterly stank. 

Best option is to get the barbers to yank them out. Lasts for ages

It did smell quite bad for a bit, took a while to clear. On the plus side, I can blow my nose a lot easier now.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Or grow , don't go for the Scottish mouser, tho. :sick:

I don't grow enough facial hair, except from my nose, to even consider a Baird and Mouser. 😭😭😭

8 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Waxing....

No where up here does the nose waxing, I've constantly asked the barbers I use to get it, I'm willing to be their guinea pig. 

33 minutes ago, superjack said:

No where up here does the nose waxing, I've constantly asked the barbers I use to get it, I'm willing to be their guinea pig. 

The Turks!

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Or grow a Baird and Mouser, don't go for the Scottish mouser, tho. :sick:

Talking from experience? :lol:

John Gentleman
11 hours ago, superjack said:

Emmm........because you don't smoke?

Seriously, (almost) the trimmers do work. Sadly, not all trimmers are created equal. As a general rule, the cheaper they are, the less effective they are. From there, It's a matter of technique and practice. Don't apply too much pressure; the lighter the touch, the better. Use a rotational motion when it's deployed in your nostril. First clockwise, then counter-clockwise. Never, ever, never lubricate it with oil (even if it came with a wee bottle). Warm rinse, then dry with a hair dryer (after all, you're not using for much else, are you?).

Hot tip: Buy a trimmer which comes with multiple, interchangeable heads. You'll need one of them when your hair (what's left of it) eventually migrates to your lugs.

Edit: If you can't be ersed rinsing it after every use (I can't), clean the head with a soft toothbrush.

Edited by John Gentleman

10 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

Emmm........because you don't smoke?

Seriously, (almost) the trimmers do work. Sadly, not all trimmers are created equal. As a general rule, the cheaper they are, the less effective they are. From there, It's a matter of technique and practice. Don't apply too much pressure; the lighter the touch, the better. Use a rotational motion when it's deployed in your nostril. First clockwise, then counter-clockwise. Never, ever, never lubricate it with oil (even if it came with a wee bottle). Warm rinse, then dry with a hair dryer (after all, you're not using for much else, are you?).

Hot tip: Buy a trimmer which comes with multiple, interchangeable heads. You'll need one of them when your hair (what's left of it) eventually migrates to your lugs.

Edit: If you can't be ersed rinsing it after every use (I can't), clean the head with a soft toothbrush.

That makes it worse, I do smoke. I know the trimmers work, it’s just how often it needs done.

hope the burning of them lasts longer than trimming. If not, I’ll look at buying the nose wax online.

Perth to Paisley

Gorgie barbers [opposite Costa]  does nose waxing - lasts for ages

Offers a free beer on some weekdays as well.

Had my nose waxed once - no rush to get it done again  though - so i bought a  nasal trimmer!

44 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Had my nose waxed once - no rush to get it done again  though - so i bought a  nasal trimmer!

Unless a barbers in Stornaway starts nose waxing, I’ll be paying the Georgie barbers a visit next time I’m down.

On 08/12/2019 at 22:06, superjack said:

:cornette_dog:

I bought some nose trimmer thing in amazon. Does the trick just dandy. Strangely therapeutic. Nowt worse than black nasal hair tbh.

had to pluck between the eyebrows for years as I’m never having a monobrow and hardly get any hair between them now for some reason. 

On 09/12/2019 at 18:28, Morgan said:

When ear lobes sprout hair, it's time to be concerned.

Correct. My barber deals with my ear hair.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Correct. My barber deals with my ear hair.

Not looking forward to the day my barbers asks if I want my eyebrows or ear hair trimmed. Thats something the OAPs get asked!!!

46 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not looking forward to the day my barbers asks if I want my eyebrows or ear hair trimmed. Thats something the OAPs get asked!!!

I’m at the point where I ask for my eyebrows and ears to get trimmed.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

OAPs? I'm only 47.

Diadora Van Basten

I went to a Turkish barbers to get my Movember effort taken off. Once there they asked me if I wanted my nose and ears done I thought why not.

It was a bit rough getting it done but enjoy now that all the hair has gone from my nose and ears.

7 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I went to a Turkish barbers to get my Movember effort taken off. Once there they asked me if I wanted my nose and ears done I thought why not.

It was a bit rough getting it done but enjoy now that all the hair has gone from my nose and ears.

I won't lie, when he covered my face with a hot towel whilst holding an open razor. I shat masel.  :facepalm:

I had a right good talking to masel, after that. 

18 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Image result for immac

3 or 4 weeks ago I came across a brilliant story in that freebie paper The Metro. This lad in his infinite wisdom used Veet on his groin and balls. He ended up in A&E with a burning rash and scarring:qqb006: Bet he won't be doing that again :rofl:

Edited by Marvin

13 minutes ago, Marvin said:

3 or 4 weeks ago I came across a brilliant story in that freebie paper The Metro. This lad in his infinite wisdom used Veet on his groin and balls. He ended up in A&E with a burning rash and scarring:qqb006: Bet he won't be doing that again :rofl:

:cornette_dog:     :jj_facepalm: :wtf:

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

If you read the reviews for veet on Amazon, the amount of people who say they done this is astounding. Some of them are comedy gold.

2 minutes ago, superjack said:

If you read the reviews for veet on Amazon, the amount of people who say they done this is astounding. Some of them are comedy gold.

Why don't they just use the ever trustworthy Gilette Mach 3 razor, as long as there is a fresh blade on it and you take your time it does the job required. 

2 hours ago, superjack said:

Story here.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/19/man-seriously-burns-his-balls-after-leaving-hair-removal-cream-on-for-too-long-10594181/?ito=article.mweb.share.top.link

Governor Tarkin
On 09/12/2019 at 21:50, Perth to Paisley said:

Davie's a good lad.