Players Transformed Under Stendel

Jim Panzee

Any predictions?

often happens with new managers....and will be interesting to revisit after 6 months...

e.g. 

Naismith binned as Wighton finds form

uche played out wide

clare as a no. 9

Cochrane as our new false 10

etc etc

RustyRightPeg

I can genuinely see Mulraney and Clare massively improving under him. They've both got legs and should suit the high pressing style.

The Hogfather

What we should be hoping for is a Steve Clarke type turnaround. Taking the players and making them better than the sum of their parts.

William H. Bonney

Not transformed but I’d love to see certain players get more game time. Andy Irving being one. 
And bring back macdonald and Cochrane 

Jamboscanbevicius

I think Irving could be a gem. Lots of energy and athletic for his age.

Less surprising but I think Halkett will

kick on, and Mulraney could be very effective in a high energy, high press 11.

By the sounds of it guys like Irving and Keena and Morrison could see more action, he may recall MacDonald possibly Cochrane in January. Hickey and Brandon should improve. He may well bin Berra and go Smith and Halkett.

With Harring Souttar Washington and Naismith all to return these youngsters need to take their chance.

And I cannot imagine his first priority won’t be a goal keeper.. that’s an absolute shambles what has been allowed to happen there.

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I think Irving could be a gem. Lots of energy and athletic for his age.

Less surprising but I think Halkett will

kick on, and Mulraney could be very effective in a high energy, high press 11.

Irving could get us alot of money. Looks an athlete already and he doesn't do alot wrong in posession

High hopes for him

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

By the sounds of it guys like Irving and Keena and Morrison could see more action, he may recall MacDonald possibly Cochrane in January. Hickey and Brandon should improve. He may well bin Berra and go Smith and Halkett.

With Harring Souttar Washington and Naismith all to return these youngsters need to take their chance.

And I cannot imagine his first priority won’t be a goal keeper.. that’s an absolute shambles what has been allowed to happen there.

Washington will thrive in a high pressing system, he'll keep running until he's nothing left in the tank. I think this change could be beneficial for someone like Morrison as he does have a good deal of running in him. A bit of work with his crossing and he could become a real asset again.

19 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Any predictions?

often happens with new managers....and will be interesting to revisit after 6 months...

e.g. 

uche played out wide

clare as a no. 9

etc etc

What's a false 10?

I might get shot for this but apart from the expected improvements to Clare,Mulraney etc I think we have a guy who might improve massively in wighton 

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I might get shot for this but apart from the expected improvements to Clare,Mulraney etc I think we have a guy who might improve massively in wighton 

Honestly I’ll be delighted if he does. He clearly had something about him at one stage of his career. Let’s be honest he couldnt do much worse than the 11 lazy *******s we’ve be watching recently!

Edited by Rudy T

21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I can genuinely see Mulraney and Clare massively improving under him. They've both got legs and should suit the high pressing style.

This.  Wighton as well.

If Naismith is out for a while and Uche is suspended, I reckon Stendel will turn to Wighton.

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

Washington will thrive in a high pressing system, he'll keep running until he's nothing left in the tank. I think this change could be beneficial for someone like Morrison as he does have a good deal of running in him. A bit of work with his crossing and he could become a real asset again.

Morrison was the one I thought of as well. Hard worker, lots of energy. It could suit him well. Agree re Washington too, now you say it.

Clare I don't see benifitting, you've got to be willing to tackle in a high press, and it doesn't work if players hide. 

Brandon was decent against Livi and showed some of the right qualities, I'd still like to see him tried as a right midfielder. 

Going against the grain I know, but maybe Bozanic. He's not great on the ball, but I've seen him close down well. Might work in this system. Haring maybe a better bet when he's back though.

23 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Not transformed but I’d love to see certain players get more game time. Andy Irving being one. 
And bring back macdonald and Cochrane 

Yes this is a must for me too 

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  Wighton as well.

If Naismith is out for a while and Uche is suspended, I reckon Stendel will turn to Wighton.

Been on the bevy tonight ? 

Just now, NB GIN said:

Been on the bevy tonight ? 

Nope.  If Uche and Naismith miss the Celtic game next week, what’s the other options he has up front (assuming Washington isn’t ready)?

McLean and Keena couldn’t press a shirt.  Pressing is one of the few things I’ve actually seen Wighton do quite well.

12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  Wighton as well.

Turn to Wighton and say, go and grab one of the punters from the stand because we need a striker.

Bridge of Djoum
23 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Might be an opportunity for Harry Stone. Certainly can’t do any worse than what we’ve had this season.

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He can’t work miracles. Settle down folks we have a shit squad and it will take a couple of windows to fix

Not sure anyone’s asked for or expects a miracle, chief. 

If if he can motivate what we have and maybe not be so unlucky with injuries he might at least instill some pride and employ players in their most comfortable position. 

6 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Turn to Wighton and say, go and grab one of the punters from the stand because we need a striker.

I’m telling you, Wighton’s on fire.  Christophe Berra’s terrified!

ps - shamefully stolen from a clever bugger singing in the Counting House before the LC semi final.

Sawdust Caesar
47 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Any predictions?

e.g. 

uche played out wide

clare as a no. 9

etc etc

Hopefully he transforms any of our false 1s.

Toxteth O'Grady
6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Not sure anyone’s asked for or expects a miracle, chief. 

If if he can motivate what we have and maybe not be so unlucky with injuries he might at least instill some pride and employ players in their most comfortable position. 

Aye. The injuries especially hamstrings are  more than bad luck. I think he can improve that. A bit of organisation and playing to strengths should be enough to catch a couple of teams above us 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Aye. The injuries especially hamstrings are  more than bad luck. I think he can improve that. A bit of organisation and playing to strengths should be enough to catch a couple of teams above us 

That’s the dream, (this season), right?

8 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’m telling you, Wighton’s on fire.  Christophe Berra’s terrified!

ps - shamefully stolen from a clever bugger singing in the Counting House before the LC semi final.

:lol: 

fabienleclerq

I think the obvious ones who will benefit will be Hickey, Brandon (who I think has been written off too early) Halkett as he likes to press, Smith who I would move to CB and drop Berra unless we can get Souttar or Haring back. 

Attacking wise Mulraney, Clare are the obvious ones. Uche likes to press and Naismith is clever enough to nick the ball off teams under pressure. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

I think we’ve still yet to see anywhere near their best from damour, clare and walker. I do think these guys will be key to our survival in the league.

25 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Might be an opportunity for Harry Stone. Certainly can’t do any worse than what we’ve had this season.

Is he not still really young? Is he ready? Maybe an old head for another season then step him up?

7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think the obvious ones who will benefit will be Hickey, Brandon (who I think has been written off too early) Halkett as he likes to press, Smith who I would move to CB and drop Berra unless we can get Souttar or Haring back. 

Attacking wise Mulraney, Clare are the obvious ones. Uche likes to press and Naismith is clever enough to nick the ball off teams under pressure. 

I'd  add on the attacking side walker is clever enough and got the ability to play some quick attacking football creating and scoring goals at times.

Hopefully he can get fit enough to do the graft thats needed to stay in the team

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Is he not still really young? Is he ready? Maybe an old head for another season then step him up?

It’s a fair argument either way. 

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Any predictions?

e.g. 

uche played out wide

clare as a no. 9

etc etc

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, jamboj said:

What's a false 10?

:)

its a false 9....so false that it plays as a 10. A false one though. I’ve now written false that many times that I’m now not sure if the spelling of the word false. It doesn’t seem right.

Konrad von Carstein
54 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Clare, and I’m sorry to use the modern term, may become a ‘player’.

Claire, is and will be a "player" Levein totally messed that young players head...he is a player only needs a manager who knows what he is doing to bring The best out of him..and rebuild his confidence

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Probably Clare more than Mulraney, just because he will take on board tactics as unfortunately Jake is thick as pigshit who forgets the plan after about 30 minutes.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

:)

its a false 9....so false that it plays as a 10. A false one though. I’ve now written false that many times that I’m now not sure if the spelling of the word false. It doesn’t seem right.

They’ve all been fake 1-11 for quite a while now 🙈

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He can’t work miracles. Settle down folks we have a shit squad and it will take a couple of windows to fix

The thread is about improved players, not winning the league ffs!!

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Pray to God he can improve the goalkeeper  position .. 

Unless they can press I can’t see much hope for them really 😜, sweeper keepers who can pass are not descriptions used for our current crop.

As has been said, all of our attacking players in particular.

We all know that they are capable of scoring a lot. I'd expect us to - as Standel has attacking tactics - score a lot and regularly in time.

21 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Claire, is and will be a "player" Levein totally messed that young players head...he is a player only needs a manager who knows what he is doing to bring The best out of him..and rebuild his confidence

Not sure about this I get what your saying and I think he will improve but the boys positioning is simply awful 

1 hour ago, jamboj said:

Morrison was the one I thought of as well. Hard worker, lots of energy. It could suit him well. Agree re Washington too, now you say it.

Clare I don't see benifitting, you've got to be willing to tackle in a high press, and it doesn't work if players hide. 

Brandon was decent against Livi and showed some of the right qualities, I'd still like to see him tried as a right midfielder. 

Going against the grain I know, but maybe Bozanic. He's not great on the ball, but I've seen him close down well. Might work in this system. Haring maybe a better bet when he's back though.

Clare put in a lot of hard and brave tackles yesterday.

I’d like to see Connor Smith back involved.  Athletic, good on the ball and confident. The sooner young players can be taught the system and the mentality the better it will bode for next season. 

• redm changed the title to Players Transformed Under Stendel