January window

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Not convinced we’ll have stacks of cash next month but fascinated to see what Danny S wants to do. Continental signings? Seemed to have an eye for a player at Barnsley.

What do we need as a priority?

Goalkeeper

Mobile centre mid 

CB if Souttar is nowhere near

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mc2607

• Hampden Demolition

• E6 Inc

• Cruyff

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not convinced we’ll have stacks of cash next month but fascinated to see what Danny S wants to do. Continental signings? Seemed to have an eye for a player at Barnsley.

Goalkeeper

Mobile centre mid 

Also a striker and winger

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, JamboPete said:

Also a striker and winger

Depends on Naismith fitness. Also, I’m not as down on Mulraney as some people 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, RudiHMFC said:

What don't we need?

A right back as Smith is more than capable, apart from that...

On the basis that we can’t sign a new team though 

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Every aspect of his play was terrible yesterday. He does have ability though. Seems to really struggle with decision making and concentration. 

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

On the basis that we can’t sign a new team though 

Keeper obviously, centre back, striker and if we're being greedy, a winger.

RustyRightPeg

Seemed to have an eye for a player from the lower leagues in his native land.  

As said previously though, not sure how much dosh we'll have at our disposal to lure these players. The more worrying part is actually, if we were to go one in one out, who do we have that is worth a decent whack bar Souttar that would give us funds? 

I suspect this may have been part of the deal to get him here, the guarantees in January. This is the part I'm looking forward to, seeing how this plays out.

Noticed Liam Lindsay centre back who was at Partick played most games under Stendel at Barnsley in there promotion season, he was then sold to Stoke and has found himself out the team could end up here on loan in January 

21 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Obv we can't rely on Naismiths fitness . Uche , McClean and Washington don't score goals at any great rate . Keena may flourish under Stendel who knows . 

Good thing in he's got 5 games to take stock Would imagine a new goalkeeper is likely  and I've got a feeling he'll target an out and out finisher . 

Just now, ramrod said:

Obv we can't rely on Naismiths fitness . Uche , McClean and Washington don't score goals at any great rate . Keena may flourish under Stendel who knows . 

Good thing in he's got 5 games to take stock Would imagine a new goalkeeper is likely  and I've got a feeling he'll target an out and out finisher . 

Like Shankland..........

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Like Shankland..........

Possibly, but I would guess he may pull a rabbit out a hat . 

Loweer league German or English leagues 

number witheld

That said would like some pace in the squad. When did we last have a flyer? Mind you I remember the hoo-ha about besliga signing, he was a flyer but shite. 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Possibly, but I would guess he may pull a rabbit out a hat . 

Loweer league German or English leagues 

Too late for Shankland - that ship has sailed!

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Heard McPhee and others talking about an unbalanced squad and lack of width. Milinkovic?

would take him, always good at the press.. Liam Lindsay another good shout. 

and what’s jimmy dunne up to? 

Just now, number witheld said:

That said would like some pace in the squad. When did we last have a flyer? Mind you I remember the hoo-ha about besliga signing, he was a flyer but shite. 

Danny Amankwaa was meant to be a flyer! 🙈

32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No sure folk are down on mkulraney its more hes never produced any consistent  form ..

Like a lot of our players seems to struggle to take an opportunity  and grab his place in the team

rudi must stay

A commanding centre back (passing ability would be a bonus). A centre midfielder with an eye for a pass, a couple of pacey wingers and a pacey forward with an eye for goal

That's what we need

If he swings the Axe, I’ll quite happily carry it for him.

My player loyalties are gone.  Unless these players (and I include the experienced and established players as well) double their standards, double their physical and mental fitness and double their effort/passion, then in my eyes they should no longer have the honour of wearing the jersey and taking a wage from us.  Nothing would please me more than to see Stendel take a young, inexperienced Hearts team up the table, thus outperforming those who we’ve relied on too heavily and have rushed back off the treatment table for the sake of stopping the rot.

They’re all expendable now, not one of them makes a difference when it matters.  Couldn’t give a shit if Smith and Whelan are holding their own internationally, they can’t cut it against the dregs of the Scottish Premiership and that’s what they get paid good money to do.

Edited by Gashauskis9

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

No sure folk are down on mkulraney its more hes never produced any consistent  form ..

Like a lot of our players seems to struggle to take an opportunity  and grab his place in the team

Always thought mulraney looks 15 yards too deep at times. Get much more out of him when we play balls he can run on to and in behind back lines.

Pretty sure Stendel will make him better.

7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Heard McPhee and others talking about an unbalanced squad and lack of width. Milinkovic?

I heard that too. Makes you wonder what McPhee has been doing for the last 3 years.  

Just nodding along to every Cathro & Levein signing and never once raising questions about balance.

Needs punted ASAP.

Players available in January are generally not playing for a reason. It's not a great window for picking up anyone and we have had our fingers burned badly before. I would happily sign no one, stay up and plan for next season. Targeting the right out of contract players and moving players on in the medium term is the strategy I would like to see us adopt. 

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

If he swings the Axe, I’ll quite happily carry it for him.

My player loyalties are gone.  Unless these players (and I include the experienced and established players as well) double their standards, double their physical and mental fitness and double their effort/passion, then in my eyes they should no longer have the honour of wearing the jersey and taking a wage from us.  Nothing would please me more than to see Stendel take a young, inexperienced Hearts team up the table, thus outperforming those who we’ve relied on too heavily and have rushed back off the treatment table for the sake of pleasing us.

They’re all expendable now, not one of them makes a difference when it matters.  Couldn’t give a shit if Smith and Whelan are holding their own internationally, they can’t cut it against the dregs of the Scottish Premiership and that’s what they get paid good money to do.

Maybe the only two we can move on. 

43 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Mulraney at his best is average. Terrible first touch and no end product. Can defend well enough and has pace. Nowhere near the quality we should be expecting from a Hearts player 

Leveins Battalion

Kevin Nesbit

Kieron Bowie

pre contract for Stephen O’Donnell 

Liam Lindsay loan

Craig Gordon player/coach

Edited by Leveins Battalion

GK - Zlamal actually looks the best of the bad bunch

RB - Smith a target for English clubs according to one poster.

CB x 2 - Dikamona and Berra can’t be considered good enough

LB - Hickey apart.....we don’t have one.

RM/RW - we don’t have anyone good enough to hurt teams

CM - we don’t have a playmaker....nobody to make a killer pass.

LM/LW - see RM/RW

CF - we need a couple of mobile forwards who can score goals

Pretty sure this is what I said in the summer though.

Edited by DH1986

40 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Noticed Liam Lindsay centre back who was at Partick played most games under Stendel at Barnsley in there promotion season, he was then sold to Stoke and has found himself out the team could end up here on loan in January 

Good spot and one that I’d be very pleased with. Very under rated player up here, would be a great acquisition 

13 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

He tried to sign Jason Kerr from St Johnstone for Barnsley. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t try again.

He’s Hibs to the bone, wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole.  From Penicuik, he’s pals with the son of one of my workmates.

Bridge of Djoum

Not a route I like but maybe a couple of loans in the right positions. He may have ideas from the bigger clubs in Germany. 

A mobile midfielder and a striker would be my priority. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

He’s Hibs to the bone, wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole.  From Penicuik, he’s pals with the son of one of my workmates.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole either. Brutal.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole either. Brutal.

The St Johnstone fans hate him.

Yip Hibs bound if he improves, Liam Gordon ex us had an injury but back playing, has come on bigtime only one I know of we let go when we should not have.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Goalkeeper

Mobile centre mid 

Might be money available once City and Hearts have agreed a deal for Hickey😉🇱🇻

As a couple of other posters have said a mobile midfielder who likes to get in the box and a decent finisher. 

While this thread is specifically about players it can’t be ignored how a more positive system and mindset should help the team and some individuals to be more effective.  

He will need at least two years to sort this IMO. We simply do not have the cash to pay off all our first team playere so we will need to gradually phase them out over time.

So fans will need to patient. But I doubt they will be and the first run of bad results they will jump on Stendals back no doubt