Has Danny found a local yet ?

NlGHTMARE

Should imagine if he’s in Edinburgh he’ll be in a boozer somewhere this afternoon watching the cup final and meeting some of your fans.

The blokes solid gold, I’m really happy for him, moving to a lovely City, working for a good club, and from what I’ve seen on here a decent set of fans, who want him as their head coach. 

I’m made up for him and you lot, good luck going forward, I hope he improves you this season, and gets you a cup or two, a few derby wins, and leaves you in the top 3 with a good squad when he moves on. as I say, GOOD LUCK, I think your future will be a bright one. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Bridge of Djoum

• Pasquale for King

• NlGHTMARE

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Should imagine if he’s in Edinburgh he’ll be in a boozer somewhere this afternoon watching the cup final and meeting some of your fans.

The blokes solid gold, I’m really happy for him, moving to a lovely City, working for a good club, and from what I’ve seen on here a decent set of fans, who want him as their head coach. 

I’m made up for him and you lot, good luck going forward, I hope he improves you this season, and gets you a cup or two, a few derby wins, and leaves you in the top 3 with a good squad when he moves on. as I say, GOOD LUCK, I think your future will be a bright one. 

Nice post, bud. 

I've had a look at Barnsley forums over the last week or so and been impressed by the fans. All have been very positive toward Daniel and Heart of Midlothian. 

Those who do make the trip up will, like Daniel, have no problems finding a local. Tynecastle is surrounded by proper football boozers and the welcome will be warm. 

Good luck to Barnsley. Never really had an "English club" but I do now. 

Doesn't start until Tuesday so I imagine he is still in Germany (paperwork signed last week if rumours are true but not announced until the Barnsley compensation claim was lawyered and thrown in the bin).

Would love to see him in the Tynecastle Arms or Diggers after we thrash Hibs in the derby on boxing day :D

Probably using today and Tomorrow to get things sorted for his Tuesday arrival. 

Looking forward to his first interview. 

I'm no tellin' you lot where my local is. Don't want a rabble descending on the place... Oh , right, you mean Stendel... OK.

Where ever he dips his wick in the gorgie area he will be most welcome and, i suspect, impressed by the hospitality. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

What was your squad like when DS arrived and how quick did he turn things around? 

Re a local very much depends where he ends up staying (probably New Town) so he'll have some decent ones to choose from. 

Brauhauser2012

If he turns round the current shower he won't have to put his hands in his pockets in any boozer round Tynecastle.

He will never have to around Barnsley either. 

He will be great with the fans. We had a coffee afternoon at the club and he stayed for the full time chatting to fans.

He had a full pre season but us fans were blown away by our first match and the football being played.

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Brauhaus

Could see a return to the halcyon Brauhaus days of 2012 and 2013.  I lived on Glen St at the time.  Great memories, good people, good beer 👍

The Hogfather

The Tynecastle Arms is probably the most likely for the immediate area around the ground. In terms of Hearts supporters in the city? Might not encounter too many of them in and around the town centre, very student/tourist orientated.

jamboinglasgow

I think the club must have arrangements for flats behind Robertson Avenue as I noticed before players posting on instagram from around there.  So certainly a few good pubs around there if the club put him up there.

15 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Hopefully he will bring in one or two German players to start with in January guys.

Your autocorrect has changed good to German which is ironic seeing as Daniel Stendel is German.

Sorry for the sarcasm, point is who cares where they are from?

He’ll bring in some of your youth team into the first team fold, especially wingers and strikers, wouldn’t be surprised to see him try for a few of our young uns, and loan Davies and Lindsay from stoke. 

16 minutes ago, graygo said:

Your autocorrect has changed good to German which is ironic seeing as Daniel Stendel is German.

Sorry for the sarcasm, point is who cares where they are from?

LOL graygo ?.

portobellojambo1
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hopefully get him along to an HMSA dinner soon to talk to the more senior supporter ( in the main ). 😎

Likewise Dave, I'm hoping we may be able to have a chat to him this coming week. I'm liking what I'm reading on this thread from the Barnsley fans, it appears clear he is interested in the fans. And if it he fancies a coffee or a few beers after we meet so much the better. I'm just reading a post on the thread which suggests he could become another of my close neighbours if the bit about houses behind Robertson Avenue is accurate.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Likewise Dave, I'm hoping we may be able to have a chat to him this coming week. I'm liking what I'm reading on this thread from the Barnsley fans, it appears clear he is interested in the fans. And if it he fancies a coffee or a few beers after we meet so much the better. I'm just reading a post on the thread which suggests he could become another of my close neighbours if the bit about houses behind Robertson Avenue is accurate.

We’ve all heard the bollox about the crowd being the 12TH man time and time again, but he really does make you feel like you are, he some how just as the ability to get the best out of everyone, because he’s just so likeable, he’ll bring the whole club together players, staff, fans, everyone connected to the club will feel like they’re a vital part of the team all pulling in the same direction. 

5 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

The Diggers (Athletic Arms) Decent beer and he can organise to bury the dead wood failures in our squad over the road.

Dear god don’t subject him to the Diggers massive 😂

6 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

The Diggers (Athletic Arms) Decent beer and he can organise to bury the dead wood failures in our squad over the road.

Been in there all day, watching the league cup final. No sign of #theStenboss.  

Decent pint of Fosters however and Rainjurs, LOLZ. 

2 minutes ago, Angry Haggis said:

there’s nothing decent about fosters mr haggis! 

3 hours ago, Redhelen said:

He will never have to around Barnsley either. 

He will be great with the fans. We had a coffee afternoon at the club and he stayed for the full time chatting to fans.

He had a full pre season but us fans were blown away by our first match and the football being played.

Did he 'get' the club Redhelen? Really hope he gets what we are about. 

14 minutes ago, Angry Haggis said:

Drinking Fosters in the Diggers? Sacrilege man

5 minutes ago, sac said:

Drinking Fosters in the Diggers? Sacrilege man

There was a time when the barman would have given you abuse for that!!

Just now, davemclaren said:

There was a time when the barman would have given you abuse for that!!

Is the barman not a regular and rather well known if somewhat infamous poster?

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is the barman not a regular and rather well known if somewhat infamous poster?

This particular barman is long gone. 😎

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

We’ve all heard the bollox about the crowd being the 12TH man time and time again, but he really does make you feel like you are, he some how just as the ability to get the best out of everyone, because he’s just so likeable, he’ll bring the whole club together players, staff, fans, everyone connected to the club will feel like they’re a vital part of the team all pulling in the same direction. 

Stop it man you’re getting me waaaay too excited about this appointment :lol: 

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, whodanny said:

I'm no tellin' you lot where my local is. Don't want a rabble descending on the place... Oh , right, you mean Stendel... OK.

The Andrew Duncan has a bar?

😏

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

He got the people, staff in the club shop, ticket office, media team, groundskeeper, coach driver, ball boys, car park attendant,  people in the pub, supermarket, he mixed with everyone, always had time and a smile for people, and he just became one of us. If history repeats itself up there, You’ll see pretty quickly people sharing their experiences of meeting and speaking to him, on here, social media, local press, your official site, and so on and no one will have a bad word to say about the bloke. It could be a little different up there though with you being a two team City and the odd lot being complete b’astards he might have to keep his nut down. 

26 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

The Andrew Duncan has a bar?

😏

Good wee boozer.

Homely, staff from the Canny Man’s were not welcome. Some folk were  directed to the Hermitage.

Mad wee place, really.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Morgan said:

Good wee boozer.

Homely, staff from the Canny Man’s were not welcome. Some folk were  directed to the Hermitage.

Mad wee place, really.

Oh you are a cheeky wee chancer. 

I have such a good feeling about this man.

**** the Hibs!

I have too.  The endorsement of the Barnsley community is extremely encouraging.  He may also pick up a couple of gems in January or in the summer who know him and want to play for him again.

If he gets us up and running, particularly on Boxing Day, he'll never have to buy a pint again in our great city as long as he avoids Leith.

Totally. When we got promoted he went into town, to celebrate with the fans. When he got "separated " from the club he went to the pub with the fans for a leaving do. It was all over the press at the time. I've known managers be very dutiful re. the club and fans but he went beyond that, genuinely wanting to be with them. I remember the open day before we'd kicked a ball and we hadn't a clue who he was, and he had his arm round my young un saying " we smile ya" as I was taking photos.and I thought how great he was with the young fans, really natural. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Och, you know me!

Maybe you can help. I lived in the street right behind the Merlin, summer something terrace. For the life of me, and without looking it up I cannot remember the name! I was only there a few months, mind, until my bird at the time kicked me out...FOR NO GOOD REASON!

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I have too.  The endorsement of the Barnsley community is extremely encouraging.  He may also pick up a couple of gems in January or in the summer who know him and want to play for him again.

If he gets us up and running, particularly on Boxing Day, he'll never have to buy a pint again in our great city as long as he avoids Leith.

On such short notice, Doug, I’d have to say, that if we take a draw on Boxing Day, I’d be happy.

Hibs are doing well the now, taking a point from them would be pretty good..