FOH transfer pledge fund

Leveins Battalion

Worthing Jambo
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

As someone said people really need to read the governance proposals ( yes I know YAWN) due to be confirmed at the AGM in just over a week. The proposal here is totally contrary to the FOH ethos of extreme hands off ownership. FOH won't interfere in how the club spends money donated by FOH. It won't interfere with the running the club. Fan owned but not fan run. In fact not really fan owned but owned by a members club.

I think a lot of people are in for a shock.

There won’t be much difference to the here and now.

To be fair, you did encourage everyone to read the proposals, but you were generally shouted down.

Fan owned but not fan run.

Similar say as a shareholder in a company when it comes to voting but no monetary value in the shareholding.

Not necessarily a criticism by the way, just the way it is!

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Yes.  When we are thrashing everyone in swashbuckling style,  FoH pledges and pledgers will also increase.

This is also a bit Hibs.  Reminds me of the Proclaimers Fund which raised a staggering £151.

What does a bit hibs even mean ? 

I hate them more than any other team 

But right now we need every bit help to get ahead of them and out them back in their place

Unfortunately  somehow theyve managed to get well ahead of us in the league 

That's no good enough

Bridge of Djoum
12 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The difference is that we would have some influence, via boardroom power, and the ability to dictate things like the recruitment department (which needs a bomb dropped on it). I’ve paid every month for god knows how long now. Am I **** throwing more at a regime who couldn’t spot a player to save their lives. It’s Budge’s job to sort this out, not ours.

Punters with influence on buying players?..

come on, eh, mate! 

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

I think a lot of people are in for a shock.

There won’t be much difference to the here and now.

To be fair, you did encourage everyone to read the proposals, but you were generally shouted down.

Fan owned but not fan run.

Similar say as a shareholder in a company when it comes to voting but no monetary value in the shareholding.

Not necessarily a criticism by the way, just the way it is!

It may not be a criticism but it is pretty fundamental. In the past those who owned and ran the club - the owners and shareholders of the club - were responsible and were to some degree financially exposed. Mercer, Robinson, Vlad and many before them were at least exposed to the risk that their investment in shares would cost them. The new structure means that no-one but the fans are financially exposed. And even the minority of fans who subscribe to FoH don't have any real influence over how the club is run.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It may not be a criticism but it is pretty fundamental. In the past those who owned and ran the club - the owners and shareholders of the club - were responsible and were to some degree financially exposed. Mercer, Robinson, Vlad and many before them were at least exposed to the risk that their investment in shares would cost them. The new structure means that no-one but the fans are financially exposed. And even the minority of fans who subscribe to FoH don't have any real influence over how the club is run.

Have you tried Vicodin?

9 hours ago, jambocub said:

What does a bit hibs even mean ? 

I hate them more than any other team 

But right now we need every bit help to get ahead of them and out them back in their place

Unfortunately  somehow theyve managed to get well ahead of us in the league 

That's no good enough

I agree with you to some extent.  A bit Hibs refers to them having come up with a player recruitment fund first.  It was a complete failure.

As for them currently lording it over us, I couldn't agree with you more.  It has to stop quickly and it will.