FOH transfer pledge fund

Leveins Battalion

Leveins Battalion

Obviously like the rest of us I am delighted we have a new management in place and hopefull our fortunes change for the better.

I dont know how feasible it would be as I'm aware that as a fanbase we are already heavily committed into funding the club,but I wonder if it would be possible for the FOH within the pledging options to create a player/transfer fund option that would allow all contributions to support the new management?

This would be a bolt on option obviously and not effect the purchase of the club via current pledgers.

I would certainly be interested in something like this if it was available.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Obviously like the rest of us I am delighted we have a new management in place and hopefull our fortunes change for the better.

I dont know how feasible it would be as I'm aware that as a fanbase we are already heavily committed into funding the club,but I wonder if it would be possible for the FOH within the pledging options to create a player/transfer fund option that would allow all contributions to support the new management?

This would be a bolt on option obviously and not effect the purchase of the club via current pledgers.

100% no until we own the club. Look at the shite the club have been wasting money on.

FoH subs already will be the player / transfer funds already.

Or the back up to reduced ticket / hospitality sales if it was this season and we hadn't got the League Cup run.

Edited by Mikey1874

A while ago it was discussed about setting up a donation phoneline that you could make one off donations as and when people could afford it,  

I know its slightly off topic, but I think its worth discussing again , not everybody can commit to monthly debits so an option to pay a donation when people can,  would help catch those people who want to help but as i say cant commit to monthly contributions.

Think when mentioned before it seemed a pretty positive idea but seems to have been shelved / forgotten about.

No. No No

As much as I despise Craig Levein for what he has done to this great club, I think I’d be off the scale if I knew I’d given him money to spunk away on useless players. An example of how a useless manager can single handily near as dammit destroy a club . 

38 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

100% no until we own the club. Look at the shite the club have been wasting money on.

Surely the manager will be picking the player to buy not the FoH members. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Surely the manager will be picking the player to buy not the FoH members. 

Yes but the point is, when we own the club. This regime have wasted too much.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yes but the point is, when we own the club. This regime have wasted too much.

But if it’s the same manager picking them what’s the difference?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, davemclaren said:

But if it’s the same manager picking them what’s the difference?

The difference is that we would have some influence, via boardroom power, and the ability to dictate things like the recruitment department (which needs a bomb dropped on it). I’ve paid every month for god knows how long now. Am I **** throwing more at a regime who couldn’t spot a player to save their lives. It’s Budge’s job to sort this out, not ours.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The difference is that we would have some influence, via boardroom power, and the ability to dictate things like the recruitment department (which needs a bomb dropped on it). I’ve paid every month for god knows how long now. Am I **** throwing more at a regime who couldn’t spot a player to save their lives. It’s Budge’s job to sort this out, not ours.

Not sure what influence you are expecting and I wouldn't expect wholesale changes on the board, at least not for a while. Unless Ann is picking the players to sign and not Stendel I don’t see the benefit in the delay. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, davemclaren said:

Not sure what influence you are expecting and I wouldn't expect wholesale changes on the board, at least not for a while. Unless Ann is picking the players to sign and not Stendel I don’t see the benefit in the delay. 

I don’t expect any personal influence. But I expect FOH to have some.

Although given the way they’ve hidden during this shambles, that might be naive.

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We won't have any more boardroom power after FoH takes ownership than we do now. 

My perspective on the FOH is that its designed to be spent on the long term health of the club. For example, buying the pitch from the brewery or the old School from the brewery - or just generally securing the land around Tynecastle to potentially invest in developing to the clubs benefit. Perhaps developing the stadium, buying a portion of Riccarton should it ever be possible (to secure our future there). I wouldn't be against us buying land in the city to sit on until its value increases and then selling or building houses/ a hotel. Ultimately, I don't think Hearts can ever make enough as a football team to compete at a high level. If we invest smartly in non-football activities we could set the club up to benefit from other revenue streams which may even end up relatively passive (like we don't need to be doing loads to earn that money). Killies hotel and how long that kept them punching before selling is a good example IMO.

I don't think the FOH should be used for operational costs like player transfers. I realise the thread is about a separate fund, but honestly, I don't see the point. The fans are doing enough, and the club has reached record turnover. If a manager can't do anything with that then they aren't for us. I think there is an argument if we had trouble keeping a player and we wanted to do a Romanov- Gordon transfer where we bump the wages past a point we're comfortable with and are then able to sell at an inflated price because of that. After which the FOH could recoup the money spent and the club benefits from a bumper transfer rather than losing a player on the cheap. 

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I would not support the concept of this until the takeover is completed.

Spot on Geoff 👍

51 minutes ago, OTT said:

My perspective on the FOH is that its designed to be spent on the long term health of the club. For example, buying the pitch from the brewery or the old School from the brewery - or just generally securing the land around Tynecastle to potentially invest in developing to the clubs benefit. Perhaps developing the stadium, buying a portion of Riccarton should it ever be possible (to secure our future there). I wouldn't be against us buying land in the city to sit on until its value increases and then selling or building houses/ a hotel. Ultimately, I don't think Hearts can ever make enough as a football team to compete at a high level. If we invest smartly in non-football activities we could set the club up to benefit from other revenue streams which may even end up relatively passive (like we don't need to be doing loads to earn that money). Killies hotel and how long that kept them punching before selling is a good example IMO.

I don't think the FOH should be used for operational costs like player transfers. I realise the thread is about a separate fund, but honestly, I don't see the point. The fans are doing enough, and the club has reached record turnover. If a manager can't do anything with that then they aren't for us. I think there is an argument if we had trouble keeping a player and we wanted to do a Romanov- Gordon transfer where we bump the wages past a point we're comfortable with and are then able to sell at an inflated price because of that. After which the FOH could recoup the money spent and the club benefits from a bumper transfer rather than losing a player on the cheap. 

Hearts should buy bitcoin.

Nope. I would stop.

Everything but salaries and 'fees' is what I pledge for. 

By growing the business we help grow the pot for this kind of thing indirectly, but I wouldnt directly hand over my hard earned to pay directly for wages or fees, not a chance...can you imagine paying these fraudsters wages directly 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

The Wrinkly Ninja

Absolutely not....

Rockets in the Hearts support will believe they have the right to influence transfer policy.

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Think you need to go read the governance structure post takeover. 

2 hours ago, farin said:

Doubt this idea would get much approval tbh, I’d rather we continued to pay off budge as planned. After that the pledges will boost that side of things anyway.. 

Agreed. All aspects of any business operation are inextricably linked. Pledges should be directed towards infra structure,academy and other investment projects. The savings by not having to budget for those areas can be utilized in player resources. 

2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

We will be sorted for cash come January. Player sales and a little gift from our benefactors 😉 

Sales ?

As in more than one player ?

4 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Agreed. All aspects of any business operation are inextricably linked. Pledges should be directed towards infra structure,academy and other investment projects. The savings by not having to budget for those areas can be utilized in player resources. 

Exactly, it stops them being directly tarnished by any poor player signings. 

On the main topic, I don’t we need a separate transfer fund but if we could increase how much is raised monthly then we pay off Ann earlier. All monies raised after that ( less expenses ) are then to be used by the club. 

Bazzas right boot

The money will all end up in one pot. 

If we use the FOH money for projects, then indirectly we'll have more money for transfers and players. 

If we use the money direct for transfers, we'll have more money for transfers. 

Potato / potatoe

6 or half a dozen 

I don't understand the debate on what cash is used for what. It does not matter imo. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The money will all end up in one pot. 

If we use the FOH money for projects, then indirectly we'll have more money for transfers and players. 

If we use the money direct for transfers, we'll have more money for transfers. 

Potato / potatoe

6 or half a dozen 

I don't understand the debate on what cash is used for what. It does not matter imo. 

Perception is everything. ☺️

6 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

From a taxation point of view this could be complicated and increase the costs to the foundation significantly. 

45 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Sales ?

As in more than one player ?

Couple of clubs looking at Smith. Its his last chance of a big wage at his age.

Nah. Let’s just concentrate on paying Budge back and take ownership of the club. After that it could be something to look at. 

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Couple of clubs looking at Smith. Its his last chance of a big wage at his age.

That would be a real blow....losing our best defender. 

I hope Man City have a decent RB they can let us borrow for a few months.....

6 hours ago, 22games nro said:

A while ago it was discussed about setting up a donation phoneline that you could make one off donations as and when people could afford it,  

I know its slightly off topic, but I think its worth discussing again , not everybody can commit to monthly debits so an option to pay a donation when people can,  would help catch those people who want to help but as i say cant commit to monthly contributions.

Think when mentioned before it seemed a pretty positive idea but seems to have been shelved / forgotten about.

You can already make one off donations

6 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Exactly.

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

How much do we pay into the FOH per year? 

About 1.4 million but may down a bit due to recent defections.

Francis Albert

As someone said people really need to read the governance proposals ( yes I know YAWN) due to be confirmed at the AGM in just over a week. The proposal here is totally contrary to the FOH ethos of extreme hands off ownership. FOH won't interfere in how the club spends money donated by FOH. It won't interfere with the running the club. Fan owned but not fan run. In fact not really fan owned but owned by a members club.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Who are they defecting to?

From FOH to not being FOH members but, just  like most Hearts fans ..."just"  fans.

I didn't mean defecting in a derogatory sense. Sorry if it came across that way.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

From FOH to not being FOH members but, just  like most Hearts fans ..."just"  fans.

I didn't mean defecting in a derogatory sense. Sorry if it came across that way.

👍

23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

About 1.4 million but may down a bit due to recent defections.

thanks for that. Still impressive 👌🏽

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Perception is everything. ☺️

Yeah, seems to be. 

Really strange thought process imo. 

4 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Get it right on the park & ticket sales will take care of this!

Yes.  When we are thrashing everyone in swashbuckling style,  FoH pledges and pledgers will also increase.

This is also a bit Hibs.  Reminds me of the Proclaimers Fund which raised a staggering £151.