The mass clear out.

Restonbabe

Presuming the new man has already watched us a fair bit it would be interesting to know what he has thought of the players and what he has thought of the tactics and style of play.

I expect he will have a very good idea of what he needs to do when we see him on Tuesday.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tcjambo

• JamboAl

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Any chance we can move on, mate? We got the man we wanted, we have to switch our thoughts and hopes to that rather than continually being bitter about what’s gone before. 

yeah fair enough. Was only replying to posts comparing signings but I agree time to put things aside. 

10 hours ago, TWF said:

No kneejerking just get rid of the crap on and off the field. Surely the success of Andy Kirk and John Rankin working with the reserves and colts should prevent them from being ditched

Fair Point 

They haven’t been near the first team and granted have done a good job with the reserves/colts 

100% Daly and Fox need to go though 

it will be interesting to see what unfolds this week as I am sure AB will already have discussed with Stendel 

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The only reason Tynecastle isn't a fearful place for visiting teams and fans at the moment is because of the absolutely dire state the most important part of the business, the football, has been allowed to get into. As for the three players you mention I sincerely hope they are amongst the first to depart, in fact I'm still not convinced Damour has ever been a football player.

Damour is a strange one bearing in mind where he came from. Perplexed i am.

Clare and Wighton have had a lot more exposure, and whilst doubtlessly can improve with better atmosphere and coaching, i doubt have the mettle for this club.

Ex member of the SaS
19 hours ago, tcjambo said:

What a load of bollocks - he never left us in the lurch. He got a chance to test himself in England which almost any manager in the same situation would have done. Remember he had spent virtually his whole career with us - he was entitled to take that chance. As it was Romanov was on the horizon and he would have been sacked by that clown anyway.

Ok fine you obviously have a different recollection to me. I remember rumours of infidelity and getting out of dodge fast.

19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

My point is not irrelevant.  If we lately had made a signing fot £500k we might have sold him on for £10m but we didn't have that luxury so your point is irrelevant.  What would £500k be worth in today's money?

You have accepted JJ signed duds so that should put that issue to bed.

We sold Gordon for £9m and he was brought through under Levein. 

22 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m not saying JJ didn’t sign some duds but the point is his really good signings - Cameron, Weir, Salvatore, McCann, Niemi, Adam, Flogel, Rosset, etc, way outweighed the bad ones.

As for costing us a fortune if you add up the money he spent against the money gained through selling players JJ was way in the black - not to mention the commercial benefit of winning the SC.

The pattern of Levein’s shambolic era bears absolutely no resemblance to that of JJ.

JJ was very lucky. The Bosman era just started. Hearts also had the SMG money which he splaffed. He almost got us feckin relegated. CL had a huge job to turn us round 2000-04. People have such short memories. Anything to fit an agenda.

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

JJ was very lucky. The Bosman era just started. Hearts also had the SMG money which he splaffed. He almost got us feckin relegated. CL had a huge job to turn us round 2000-04. People have such short memories. Anything to fit an agenda.

You have a massive pro- Levein agenda yourself by the sound of things!

Firstly JJ did not have any SMG money when he signed the likes of Rosset, Weir, McCann, Cameron, Adam, Flogel, Salvatore, Bruno - and none of them cost fortunes!

And as I’ve said to you on numerous occasions any SMG money he “splaffed” was recouped when Niemi was sold - not to mention the millions we got for Weir, Cameron, Naysmith and McCann. Something you continue to ignore - anything to fit an agenda eh.

And as for almost getting us relegated JJ made a couple of shrewd signings and HE got us out of trouble - unlike Levein as we are now relying on a new manager to get us out of his shit!

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You have a massive pro- Levein agenda yourself by the sound of things!

Firstly JJ did not have any SMG money when he signed the likes of Rosset, Weir, McCann, Cameron, Adam, Flogel, Salvatore, Bruno - and none of them cost fortunes!

And as I’ve said to you on numerous occasions any SMG money he “splaffed” was recouped when Niemi was sold - not to mention the millions we got for Weir, Cameron, Naysmith and McCann. Something you continue to ignore - anything to fit an agenda eh.

And as for almost getting us relegated JJ made a couple of shrewd signings and HE got us out of trouble - unlike Levein as we are now relying on a new manager to get us out of his shit!

Nor as obvious as your anti-Levein agenda. Bruno was on £2k pwr week in 1994 FFS- so your point is nonsense.  We never got 4m for Niemi lol. We had to pay Darren Jackson a fortune to come to us. So much so that Levein had to tell him he couldn't play him again. Levein got Stephane Adam playing again after he'd been sitting on his arse doing nothing since the Cup Final.You still haven't answered my point about Gordon. 

Edited by tcjambo

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

See your comment that CL had a “huge job” to turn us around 2000-04.

For the record -

* JJ finished 3rd in 1997/1998.

* He finished 6th in 19998/1999 (the season you say he almost got us relegated).

* He finished 3rd in 1999/2000.

So he hardly left a shambles on the park when his relationship with the Pieman totally deteriorated and he left in 2000!

What Levein had to deal with was the financial shambles that the Pieman was responsible for. At this time all Scottish clubs had to cut back player budgets as they were getting squeezed by the banks, however whilst Levein budget was cut he still had the 3rd highest player budget in the SPL.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

See your comment that CL had a “huge job” to turn us around 2000-04.

For the record -

* JJ finished 3rd in 1997/1998.

* He finished 6th in 19998/1999 (the season you say he almost got us relegated).

* He finished 3rd in 1999/2000.

So he hardly left a shambles on the park when his relationship with the Pieman totally deteriorated and he left in 2000!

What Levein had to deal with was the financial shambles that the Pieman was responsible for. At this time all Scottish clubs had to cut back player budgets as they were getting squeezed by the banks, however whilst Levein budget was cut he still had the 3rd highest player budget in the SPL.

JJ is a hero of mine like CL. I just get pissed off when people try to twist every fact to suit their agenda. 

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What Levein had to deal with was the financial shambles that the Pieman was responsible for. 

Actually it was AB who dealt with the financial shambles not Levein.

Just now, Prof said:

Actually it was AB who dealt with the financial shambles not Levein.

Levein was told in no uncertain terms he had to slash the budget when he was appointed

Just now, tcjambo said:

Levein was told in no uncertain terms he had to slash the budget when he was appointed

Nonsense. AB put the club on a firm financial footing. As for Levein he dished out contracts willy nilly to the likes of Martin, Cathro and countless non entities, wasting the clubs money.

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Nor as obvious as your anti-Levein agenda. Bruno was on £2k pwr week in 1994 FFS- so your point is nonsense.  We never got 4m for Niemi lol. We had to pay Darren Jackson a fortune to come to us. So much so that Levein had to tell him he couldn't play him again. Levein got Stephane Adam playing again after he'd been sitting on his arse doing nothing since the Cup Finsl.You still haven't answered my point about Gordon. 

How do you know how much money we were paying Bruno? I don’t know - but he was a cracking signing don’t you agree?

I never said we got £4m for Niemi we got £2m - JJ didn’t get £4m of the SMG money.

Stephane Adam? What a fabulous JJ signing he was - don’t you agree?

Gordon signed for Hearts in 2000 - was JJ still the manager or was it Levein?

Anyway Levein gave him his chance so he deserves credit for that - Vlad gets the credit for screwing Sunderland out of £9m! 😉

10 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

JJ is a hero of mine like CL. I just get pissed off when people try to twist every fact to suit their agenda. 

what fact have I twisted?

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How do you know how much money we were paying Bruno? I don’t know - but he was a cracking signing don’t you agree?

I never said we got £4m for Niemi we got £2m - JJ didn’t get £4m of the SMG money.

Stephane Adam? What a fabulous JJ signing he was - don’t you agree?

Gordon signed for Hearts in 2000 - was JJ still the manager or was it Levein?

Anyway Levein gave him his chance so he deserves credit for that - Vlad gets the credit for screwing Sunderland out of £9m! 😉

Gordon was worth that. He was one of the best goalies in "the best league in the world" for at least 1 or 2 seasons and without injuries would have moved to an Arsenal or someone as rumoured. Brilliant goalkeeper sadly held back due to injuries.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Gordon was worth that. He was one of the best goalies in "the best league in the world" for at least 1 or 2 seasons and without injuries would have moved to an Arsenal or someone as rumoured. Brilliant goalkeeper sadly held back due to injuries.

Yes I know he was - that bit was just a bit of banter.

Id love to see him back at Tynecastle.

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But the point remains - all managers sign players who turn out to be duds and that  applies more when you're shopping downmarket.

Yeah so you keep saying.

14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But the point remains - all managers sign players who turn out to be duds and that  applies more when you're shopping downmarket.

You are one of the few rational posters here

2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

We sold Gordon for £9m and he was brought through under Levein. 

I beleive JJ made the decision to keep Gordon on as a youngster.

5 minutes ago, ford donald said:

I beleive JJ made the decision to keep Gordon on as a youngster.

He made the breakthrough under Levein though

Edited by tcjambo

3 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

He made the breakthrough under Levein though

Piggy backing on a JJ signing then? 😉

been here before
On 08/12/2019 at 09:59, Restonbabe said:

When Stendal takes over on Tuesday. Watch this space. 

I'll reply to this post and say I told you so

So how is this working out then?

On 08/12/2019 at 09:59, Restonbabe said:

When Stendal takes over on Tuesday. Watch this space. 

I'll reply to this post and say I told you so

Your source said all the others would be let go and this didn’t happen 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 17:38, Natural Orders said:

Your source said all the others would be let go and this didn’t happen 

No I never. 

I said they have been given their marching orders. 

I never said when. I was told all their contracts won't be renewed. 

Which is true. 

As I said watch this space. 

As Stendal said only person he can trust is kirk.

We are honking and it's all down to the coaching 

43 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

No I never. 

I said they have been given their marching orders. 

I never said when. I was told all their contracts won't be renewed. 

Which is true. 

As I said watch this space. 

As Stendal said only person he can trust is kirk.

We are honking and it's all down to the coaching 

10 days late with that reply :lol:

pettigrewsstylist

Dont know how many of this lot can be coached/repaired tbh, at Hearts

Also compounded by how long we have left to save the Premiership status

Suspect just letting some of them leave for free, if they will go, might be best

If they cant/wont play for us then little point in giving them a strip

I would  have Wighton, Whyte, Clare, Perreira and Mclean in 1st taxi

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

On 07/12/2019 at 20:05, Restonbabe said:

I've been told that

Austin Mcphee

Jon Daily 

Andy kirk

Liam fox

Paul Gallagher 

All Been given their marching orders!! 

I think we need to trim down the 1st team squad aswell 

2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

I wasn't wrong either. 

I'm sure if we wait long enough you will end up right.

:facepalm:

On 21/12/2019 at 20:16, pettigrewsstylist said:

Dont know how many of this lot can be coached/repaired tbh, at Hearts

Also compounded by how long we have left to save the Premiership status

Suspect just letting some of them leave for free, if they will go, might be best

If they cant/wont play for us then little point in giving them a strip

I would  have Wighton, Whyte, Clare, Perreira and Mclean in 1st taxi

we couldn’t get rid of Oshinawa or Martin so depends on (whoever is told they have no future) a lot of factors.

who would take wage cuts to move for instance ?

I read somewhere we have loads of contracts up end of this season so would be interesting to see who they are 

On 09/12/2019 at 00:35, JamboAl said:

My point is not irrelevant.  If we lately had made a signing fot £500k we might have sold him on for £10m but we didn't have that luxury so your point is irrelevant.  What would £500k be worth in today's money?

You have accepted JJ signed duds so that should put that issue to bed.

JJ signed lots of good players,CL signed lots of crap.

2 hours ago, ford donald said:

JJ signed lots of good players,CL signed lots of crap.

No one's arguing with you.

Both of them signed good players and both signed some duffers.

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I read somewhere we have loads of contracts up end of this season so would be interesting to see who they are 

Perira

Dikamona

Brandon

Whelan

Bozanic

Meshino

Maclean

11 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

They haven’t been given their marching orders though

When you have been told your contract is not being renewed and told not to return to your place of work.

Id call that getting your marching orders son. 

The only person Stendal can trust is Andrew Kirk. 

Results speak for themselves. 

Don't know how Brandon has made it as professional footballer There is not many id keep would keep a lot of the youth players and keep

M Smith

Souttar

Haring

Washington

Walker

Halkett

Irving

Henderson

Hickey - Will be Sold but loan back If poss

Give chances to

Stone

Logan

Petkov

recall from loan

Lee

Burns

Harry

Macdonald

Hamilton

Smith

2 new keepers

3 new defenders

3 new midfields

3 new forwards

Min

8 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

I’d keep Brandon and bin the rest. 

Same. He had a bad injury, came back shite then been good recently. Hoping he kicks on from here. 

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Don't know how Brandon has made it as professional footballer There is not many id keep would keep a lot of the youth players and keep

M Smith

Souttar

Haring

Washington

Walker

Halkett

Irving

Henderson

Hickey - Will be Sold but loan back If poss

Give chances to

Stone

Logan

Petkov

recall from loan

Lee

Burns

Harry

Macdonald

Hamilton

Smith

2 new keepers

3 new defenders

3 new midfields

3 new forwards

Min

Brandon was our best player against livi and was having an excellent game against Celtic till he got injured. The laddie had a bad injury and took a while to get back up to speed but is starting to look a very decent player to me. 

16 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Brandon was our best player against livi and was having an excellent game against Celtic till he got injured. The laddie had a bad injury and took a while to get back up to speed but is starting to look a very decent player to me. 

Totally agree, played left back against Livi and was the best player in the game. Turned my opinion right around with that performance and I'm hoping he can kick on. I'm trying to embrace anything remotely positive about us at the moment 😆

29 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Far too factual