The mass clear out.

Restonbabe

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

I blame Mchael Stewart for making the criticism of him so personal and public. Without that most people would be sad and disappointed  how things have turned out in wanting him to step down rather than foaming at the mouth.

Wrong. Never wanted him anywhere near Hearts after his last stint. Fans have short memories ( medication has nackered mine ) but will never forget him leaving us in the lurch.

Levein lovers can welcome him back but I wouldn't let him near a shitty stick round the back of the Wheatfield.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tcjambo

• DH1986

• Selkirkhmfc1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

You’re right Al - but the double standards on here are also poor.

I blame Mchael Stewart for making the criticism of him so personal and public. Without that most people would be sad and disappointed  how things have turned out in wanting him to step down rather than foaming at the mouth.

Absolute nonsense! Most Hearts fans are totally pissed off we had to suffer Levein’s shit football and appalling results for months - we didn’t need to listen to Stewart - we could see it for ourselves!

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Unless he wants to keep any of them of course. Should be his choice though the timing may be impacted by financial constraints. 

Financial constraints will be at play due to the thousands (some say millions) totally wasted in the Levein Era!

Mackay & Stewart were right for all the wrong reasons. Their dislike of Levein is personal, not just professional. So had Levein won the Scottish cup, league or whatever else he'd still have had criticism from them. Whether it was Stewart trawling stats to somehow prove Levein isn't really play kids or whatever else. 

It was pathetic and doesn't make them footballing oracles. 

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Financial constraints will be at play due to the thousands (some say millions) totally wasted in the Levein Era!

Keep riding that one trick pony. 😎

18 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Absolute nonsense! Most Hearts fans are totally pissed off we had to suffer Levein’s shit football and appalling results for months - we didn’t need to listen to Stewart - we could see it for ourselves!

You didn't read what I said

29 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Wrong. Never wanted him anywhere near Hearts after his last stint. Fans have short memories ( medication has nackered mine ) but will never forget him leaving us in the lurch.

Levein lovers can welcome him back but I wouldn't let him near a shitty stick round the back of the Wheatfield.

What a load of bollocks - he never left us in the lurch. He got a chance to test himself in England which almost any manager in the same situation would have done. Remember he had spent virtually his whole career with us - he was entitled to take that chance. As it was Romanov was on the horizon and he would have been sacked by that clown anyway.

Edited by tcjambo

21 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That happens under every manager because not every signing works out.

JJ, who is (rightly) revered on here squandered loads on the likes of Petric etc while even Mourinho spent £89m on a player he could not get a tune out of.  Fergie - Proborski etc.  Do you want me to go on?

And remember we we're hiring at the bottom end of the market where the risks are infinitely greater.

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

JJ, who is (rightly) revered on here squandered loads on the likes of Petric etc while even Mourinho spent £89m on a player he could not get a tune out of.  Fergie - Proborski etc.  Do you want me to go on?

And remember we we're hiring at the bottom end of the market where the risks are infinitely greater.

Every manager signs duds, our recruitment has generally been disastrous since we won the championship though, definitely had more than our fair share of duds. 

19 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

I've been told that

Austin Mcphee

Jon Daily 

Andy kirk

Liam fox

Paul Gallagher 

All Been given their marching orders!! 

I think we need to trim down the 1st team squad aswell 

I will be delighted if that is what happens then DS can work on getting rid of those surplus to requirement in the playing squad.

Hopefully this will allow him to bring in a few of his own players.

2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Wrong, although he has personal dislike of Levein he called his tenure a faltering shambles week after week after week which it was. A disgrace that we suffered him for so long. Dislike Stewart intensely but Budge told us Levein would know when it was time to go..................and he refused through his blind beligerence and remained like an embarrassing stain on the first team for ten months too long.

4 minutes ago, gedster said:

Wrong, although he has personal dislike of Levein he called his tenure a faltering shambles week after week after week which it was. A disgrace that we suffered him for so long. Dislike Stewart intensely but Budge told us Levein would know when it was time to go..................and he refused through his blind beligerence and remained like an embarrassing stain on the first team for ten months too long.

Can you think of any other manager that has been personally vilified the way Levein has by pundits? And you think that did not have any effect on the way he has been perceived by our fanbase. I think that is disingenuous to say the least.  think it has emboldened some people to step over the mark. Criticism is fine - abuse isn't.

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

Can you think of any other manager that has been personally vilified the way Levein has by pundits? And you think that did not have any effect on the way he has been perceived by our fanbase. I think that is disingenuous to say the least.  think it has emboldened some people to step over the mark. Criticism is fine - abuse isn't.

I don’t disagree but it’s probably worth noting the abuse got worse over quite a long period of time. Not saying pr1cks on sportsound didn’t fuel the fire but I think the clubs inaction was the main driver. 

15 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Can you think of any other manager that has been personally vilified the way Levein has by pundits? And you think that did not have any effect on the way he has been perceived by our fanbase. I think that is disingenuous to say the least.  think it has emboldened some people to step over the mark. Criticism is fine - abuse 

What a load of sanctimonious nonsense. 

John mcCartney

if anything Lescream got away with murder from the jock media for far too long
stop being so protectionist over the Fifer ffs
he who lives by the sword etc

eventually

6 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Sanctimonius is a word that perfectly describes Michael Stewart

Maybe it does. It doesn't alter what you're saying. 

30 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

She made a rod for his back with the "he'll know when it's time to go" endorsement. Pundits saw it, everyone except the Levein happy clappers saw it. Unsurprising therefore that he was increasingly vilified week after week. By hanging aroud hebroght more and more deserved criticism........safest job in football.....every shit result and performance seemed to re-inforce this. Unsurprising thousands of fans are humpty

3 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

I fear many will be disappointed.

There's not a hope in hell we will punt all those coaches, the OP is complete nonsense. 

We need to totally rebuild the entire football side of the club from the ground up.

That means getting rid of all the coaching staff that have been around since the Neilson days and have contributed to the shite mess we're in.

That means a very, VERY active january window, shipping out as much dross as we can, looking for decent replacements where possible or promoting youth players to the first team where outside replacements are not possible.

There is an Agean Stables amount of shite that needs swept out of the footballing side of HMFC.

south morocco

Surely any coaches still at the club going forward will coach the way Stendel and his assistant want? Would guess that’s a sensible strategy, Can gave a look at them then bin them if they’re not up to scratch?

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

JJ did sign the occasion duds however the vast majority were cracking signings many of whom were sold on for big money.

Levein in comparison was hopeless!

You didn't read what I said

sorry if I misunderstood you 👍

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Keep riding that one trick pony. 😎

dod you disagree with my comment Dave?

16 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Maybe it does. It doesn't alter what you're saying. 

In your opinion. I think you are simply ignoring that people can be influenced by the media - many on here were quoting Stewart as if he is some sort of guru to justify their personal attacks. I have no problem with respectful critics of this regime. So I don't agree that my observations are sanctimonious -  just differ from your perception.

Edited by tcjambo

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

dod you disagree with my comment Dave?

Our previous managers certainly signed some poor players that most likely cost the club significant amounts to get rof them. It remains to be seen how many of the current squad fit in that category and I’m hopeful that Stendel can get more out if them than we’ve seen so far this season. 

44 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Our previous managers certainly signed some poor players that most likely cost the club significant amounts to get rof them. It remains to be seen how many of the current squad fit in that category and I’m hopeful that Stendel can get more out if them than we’ve seen so far this season. 

His options will be limited,They should be prepared for some tough times ahead,don't think he will have much time for wasters.

22 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

I've been told that

Austin Mcphee

Jon Daily 

Andy kirk

Liam fox

Paul Gallagher 

All Been given their marching orders!! 

I think we need to trim down the 1st team squad aswell 

Kirk to stay I hope. Maybe makes Hickey departure inevitable 

3 hours ago, stotty said:

Every manager signs duds, our recruitment has generally been disastrous since we won the championship though, definitely had more than our fair share of duds. 

As i said we had to recruit at the lower end of the market so the risk of failure is much greater.

3 hours ago, tcjambo said:

If Levein was a likeable character, with a modicum of humility himself then a degree of sympathy would be appropriate. However, he is not. He has carried grudges throughout his career with a list of people with whom he doesn't get on with, based on perceived slights.  He thought nothing of wielding the axe on Budgement Day so shold understand the nature of football. He probably thought he was bombproof though, having wangled himself into a position of power, just as he did at Dundee Utd.

2 hours ago, south morocco said:

Could be they’ll phased out gradually? Just a guess.

We can’t afford to lose half a dozen coaches in one big mid season cull.

End of the season is the time to make the number of changes being muted......but we need to start the ball rolling with securing  replacements ASAP rather than be looking around in June and July.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

JJ did sign the occasion duds however the vast majority were cracking signings many of whom were sold on for big money.

Levein in comparison was hopeless!

Unbelievable to even compare the 2 eh ! JJ signed the likes of weir, cameron , flogel , mccann, Adam , rousset, Fulton, etc etc while also bringing through the likes of locke , Ritchie, naismith , johnstone etc etc while levein gave us the likes of zlamal , doyle, vanecek, wighton, damour etc etc 

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

As i said we had to recruit at the lower end of the market so the risk of failure is much greater.

Absolute nonsense! He was backed heavily by Mrs Budge and far more than any manager in Scotland outside the old firm 

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Unbelievable to even compare the 2 eh ! JJ signed the likes of weir, cameron , flogel , mccann, Adam , rousset, Fulton, etc etc while also bringing through the likes of locke , Ritchie, naismith , johnstone etc etc while levein gave us the likes of zlamal , doyle, vanecek, wighton, damour etc etc 

How anyone still has a good word to say about Levein is beyond me. 

Did he release a statement when he was demoted by the way? 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

JJ also gave us Gordon Petrie, Paul Smith, Leigh Jenkinson, Darren Beckford, Fitzroy Simpson and Kevin James though.......

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, indianajones said:

How anyone still has a good word to say about Levein is beyond me. 

Did he release a statement when he was demoted by the way? 

Got nothing personal against the guy ! Best central defender I ever seen play for hearts but he's done an horrific job as manager and has left us in a state 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, DH1986 said:

JJ also gave us Gordon Petrie, Paul Smith, Leigh Jenkinson, Darren Beckford, Fitzroy Simpson and Kevin James though.......

And he gave us a scottish cup aswell as millions in the bank with transfers 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He threw money away on players like Simpson and when SMG came calling it was game up. JJ signed some terrific players but he wasted a lot of cash too. 

I think people are in for a shock and perhaps should steer clear of tynie for the next few months.Clare etc will be getting game time under Stendel.

Hopefully we are moving back to an era were we actively encourage players despite their clear inability.

Scott Brown and Neil Lennon get an easier ride at tynecastle compared to Clare etc

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

He threw money away on players like Simpson and when SMG came calling it was game up. JJ signed some terrific players but he wasted a lot of cash too. 

Not saying he didn't sign some duds but his record isn't anywhere near as bad as levein

Yep.

But selecting only his good signings was daft. You should ask the Bradford fans what they thought of his signings.....Locke, Makel, Tod and Juanjo to name a few. I’m actually sure JJ pitched Gary Locke in at Old Trafford to mark Ryan Giggs.

All managers make poor signings.

Not saying he didn't sign some duds but his record isn't anywhere near as bad as levein

I bet JJ wasted more money on transfer fees than CL did.

Over £1m on Tomasek, Petrie and Simpson alone. 

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's for sure.

People want to take a look at the 19 signings made last season (including loans) then have a wee think about what the actual **** has been going on.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Rods said:

I think people are in for a shock and perhaps should steer clear of tynie for the next few months.Clare etc will be getting game time under Stendel.

Hopefully we are moving back to an era were we actively encourage players despite their clear inability.

Scott Brown and Neil Lennon get an easier ride at tynecastle compared to Clare etc

“despite their clear inability” :rofl:

Doesn’t that sum up what we’ve become?

Stendel will make players better, I’m sure of that, but we should be bulleting duds. We’re not a charity, much as we act like one.