The mass clear out.

Restonbabe

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Why would Kirk or Rankin even be considered for inclusion in any sackings?

My understanding is that the SD is responsible for all matters below 1st team level so I would have thought that Kirk and Rankin wtll be retained meantime until we appoint a SD.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tcjambo

• DH1986

• Selkirkhmfc1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

I've been told that

Austin Mcphee

Jon Daily 

Andy kirk

Liam fox

Paul Gallagher 

All Been given their marching orders!! 

I think we need to trim down the 1st team squad aswell 

I'll be surprised.... and DELIGHTED!! Fingers crossed

19 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The players have to shoulder much more responsibility, no question but when you are the leader and the players become unresponsive, as our current lot are, then the leader has to be fully accountable and that isn’t in question. The coaches, players - CL had a hand in it all 

I don’t have any doubt if it isn’t an immediate success for DS some folk, a minority, will start firing the gun, but I fully believe most realise the abject state we are left in, and that it will take time to sort 

The players look dead mate, dead. Devoid of everything from responsibility to even caring. We couldn’t go on like that much longer and we are on our feckin knees so need to give the new man full support and backing to get us back where we deserve to be 

Even though I supported CL for as long as I could eventually I agree it was unsustainable and AB had to relieve him of the post both for the club's interest and his health. As it happened when we got off to a bad start this season I said give it until the end of October  and if there was no improvement then he should step down, which is exactly what happened.

To get players with good pedigrees we have acted in desperation signing White, Clare Damour and Naismith -some on long contracts but most with a history of injury. However, people were desperate to see more quality in the squad and we have cruelly been denied Washington, Souttar, Halkett and Haring's services for large chunks of this season too. I think CL has been unfortunate in that so many injuries have affected our ability to achieve any level of performance but the players we have do also seem to lack fight and self -motivation.

Anyway the problem I have is with people that would rip up absolutely everything and also make the abuse agaisnt CL personal. In my eyes he is always welcome back at Tymecastle and I would like to see more people be a bit more measured in their criticism.

I am excited by this appointment. I do think we need a move away from the pedantic slow build up play to something with more of a cutting edge. Hopefully DS will supply the necessary motivation to see us rescue this season. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, jambali said:

I'll be surprised.... and DELIGHTED!! Fingers crossed

Why would you be delighted if Kirk gets sacked?  

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Why would Kirk or Rankin even be considered for inclusion in any sackings?

I have said in numerous previous posts that if I had to pick and choose Daly and Fox should go immediately as they are the 1st team coaches. I have also said that I don’t have the same leaning toward Rankin/Kirk as I don’t care who’s men they are, just that they are doing the right thing by the club 

Main reason being my old man takes in a lot of the youth team games and swears that the team play for Kirk and Rankin. He says it’s like night and day compared to the 1st team. I have also heard quite a bit of support toward them both 

I was answering against the Op Post. I didn’t hear or have any info that we are planning a mass clear out and asked re John Rankin as I found it strange why he wasn’t mentioned but Kirk was. I then alluded to this saying it might not be a bad thing having a mass clear out as we look to move forward on the basis the Op info is correct 

So, I’m not being negative. If we were to get rid of Daly, fox and Murray from the back room staff and keep Kirk and Rankin that wouldn’t bother me as much as I don’t know enough about them both, but as said, have been told that they do a good job and the players seem to be behind them

13 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Personally don’t think we’ll clear out any of the coaches until summer, at least. Stendel will be given time to assess who, if any, on the coaching staff keep a job. 

Which would be entirely sensible

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Don't worry I gave it plenty thought - perhaps you should take your own advice?

I wasn’t the one posting shite but thanks anyway.  I worry for you if that was you giving it plenty thought and that was the best you could come up with - a cheap shot at the thousands of Jambos who could see what was happening and correctly wanted Levein gone.

You make a lot of reasoned points in your post 

I don’t hate the guy and never will. Rolling out the red carpet for him at Tynie is just a bit soon in my book but the anger for what he has done to the club will fade in time. 

Abusing him personally, not for me, but I sort of get the seethe levels with some at the moment 

Re the players and with Stendel coming in and if we have any imposters in the squad they will be found out soon enough.

I don’t doubt the injuries have had an overall impact but the squad overall and players brought in haven’t played any good football, for a number of years, barring a few games such as the SC final last season 

this sticks in my throat considering a lot of our back up players wouldn’t earn more than some of the 1st team at clubs like st midden, Kilmarnock, Hamilton etc 

Recruitment has been abject and that has to change 

I’m like you in the sense that I am excited by the Stendel appointment and looking forward to seeing what he can do with some of our existing players as well as changing our style and mentality of play 

16 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Even though I supported CL for as long as I could eventually I agree it was unsustainable and AB had to relieve him of the post both for the club's interest and his health. As it happened when we got off to a bad start this season I said give it until the end of October  and if there was no improvement then he should step down, which is exactly what happened.

To get players with good pedigrees we have acted in desperation signing White, Clare Damour and Naismith -some on long contracts but most with a history of injury. However, people were desperate to see more quality in the squad and we have cruelly been denied Washington, Souttar, Halkett and Haring's services for large chunks of this season too. I think CL has been unfortunate in that so many injuries have affected our ability to achieve any level of performance but the players we have do also seem to lack fight and self -motivation.

Anyway the problem I have is with people that would rip up absolutely everything and also make the abuse agaisnt CL personal. In my eyes he is always welcome back at Tymecastle and I would like to see more people be a bit more measured in their criticism.

I am excited by this appointment. I do think we need a move away from the pedantic slow build up play to something with more of a cutting edge. Hopefully DS will supply the necessary motivation to see us rescue this season. 

Sorry last post I posted was meant for you 👍

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That’s going to cost us in compensation!

The hundreds of thousands that have been thrown down the drain in the last 3 years! 🙈

You mean millions 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Yes but don't cut out the vital organs

Wrong forum fellas 

Edited by rudi must stay

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Ann Budge clearly taking training herself on Monday.

If she takes advice from here she'll have no players to train.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, hueyview said:

Can see the paper headlines now......   "Kitman told to pull his socks up"...   :)

Ballboys put on final warning.

Just now, DarioHMFC said:

Personally don’t think we’ll clear out any of the coaches until summer, at least. Stendel will be given time to assess who, if any, on the coaching staff keep a job. 

I don't think we have the funds to let Stendel bring his whole team in. He's supposedly bringing in one at the moment but I think he'll bring the other one in during the summer when potential funds allow. It's going to cost us by having to pay off the current lot, then there's funds that will need to be made available in January for a couple of new recruits. Stendel will need time to look at the squad from top to bottom then make his decision on who to keep and who to lose. Some aren't worth a sook, others may be perfectly capable of enjoying a completely new training/coaching regime and prove to, not only the fans and management team but also prove to themselves that they can stand the heat. It's going to be a long rocky road to get rid of all the misfits we have at the club. I never wanted Levein anywhere near the team when I heard he'd taken over, warning signs were there beforehand. This could be the turning point of when our beloved Hearts become a team to fear again. It's been a while!!

Edited by jambonian

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

The title first team manager is interesting and does suggest a big turn around.  

This has been known since the minute the club relieved Levein of first team duties. The statement said we would be looking for a manager and a sporting director. 

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I wasn’t the one posting shite but thanks anyway.  I worry for you if that was you giving it plenty thought and that was the best you could come up with - a cheap shot at the thousands of Jambos who could see what was happening and correctly wanted Levein 

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I wasn’t the one posting shite but thanks anyway.  I worry for you if that was you giving it plenty thought and that was the best you could come up with - a cheap shot at the thousands of Jambos who could see what was happening and correctly wanted Levein gone.

Depends what you call "shite". Not very analytical don't you think? I have only called out those people that have railed and railed about CL personally. Read my earlier post in response to Hearts1975 for my thoughts on whole situation before you resort ro insults. 

PhoenixHearts
8 hours ago, Herbert said:

Hope so

The players should get a chance under the new guy, I know they have all been shit but a change of style and formation with proper coaching will do wonders.

Agreed. I know they've been mostly rank for pretty much a calendar year, but a lot of these players are the same ones who had us on that run to begin 18-19. 

(Of course long term absentees like Souttar and Haring were key players)

They have it in them. It's just a case of whether they can find it again or if it's slowly been ground away into dust.

Choosing to give them, even Clare, the benefit of the doubt.

A change of perspective could do wonders for their mentality.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

I have been hearing all the coaches are to report to Riccarton at 10am.......

They are to be publicly flogged.

Don't shoot the messenger, but my source is generally wrong and mouthy arsehole.

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Good post 👍

11 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

How reliable is your source?

When Stendal takes over on Tuesday. Watch this space. 

I'll reply to this post and say I told you so

Leveins Battalion

My uneducated guess is that Donald Park has been brought in to aid the transition  between the Levein era and new management and that we will see Daly Fox and Gallagher leave this week.

Could be wrong though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

When Stendal takes over on Tuesday. Watch this space. 

I'll reply to this post and say I told you so

Great news like. Was sure that McPhee would try and leech his way into Stendel’s plans

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

McPhee could be on bibs and cones or our new water boy 

probably end up giving the bottles to the opposition by mistake. Wouldn’t trust him to lay out cones in a straight line either

7 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Depends what you call "shite". Not very analytical don't you think? I have only called out those people that have railed and railed about CL personally. Read my earlier post in response to Hearts1975 for my thoughts on whole situation before you resort ro insults. 

Are you calling out those people who “railed and railed about CL personally” the ones who called out Levein as a bad appointment as head coach from day one?

The ones who have criticised Levein’s negative football and horrendous results almost on a weekly basis? The ones who continued to criticise him for hanging on and creating a shambles at our football Club?? 🤔

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Are you calling out those people who “railed and railed about CL personally” the ones who called out Levein as a bad appointment as head coach from day one?

The ones who have criticised Levein’s negative football and horrendous results almost on a weekly basis? The ones who continued to criticise him for hanging on and creating a shambles at our football Club?? 🤔

From day 1 what is your assessment of Stendel?

portobellojambo1
14 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

I've been told that

Austin Mcphee

Jon Daily 

Andy kirk

Liam fox

Paul Gallagher 

I think we are now close to finding out just what the last 5 years have brought, in addition to an awful lot of wasted money. I hope this new manager, along with backing from the football board, is brutal and no punches are pulled. The project is over, it has to be a totally new start and the board have to understand what this involves including  a few disappearing out the front door.

Of all the names you mention above the only one I'd be happy to see stay at Tynecastle and get a chance to work under the new manager is Andy Kirk. I've not seen anything of our football at the level he works with but I've heard one or two things which suggest he has a lot of potential.

Ex member of the SaS
14 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

I've been told that

Austin Mcphee

Jon Daily 

Andy kirk

Liam fox

Paul Gallagher 

Heard the tea lady tops your list and will be first to go, as she forgot Ann's chockie biscuit and put her tea in a mug instead of the bone china cup she uses.

26 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So is he welcome back at Tynecastle after the end of the season? Woukd you boo him?

Just now, tcjambo said:

So is he welcome back at Tynecastle after the end of the season? Woukd you boo him?

He should give it a bit of time.

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He should give it a bit of time.

I actually agree. By then we may see if the othercwork he has done has borne fruit 👍

Just now, tcjambo said:

I actually agree. By then we may see if the othercwork he has done has borne fruit 👍

Aye absolutely. I wouldn’t boo him but he’d get booed right now. No point.

Let Stendel come in an assess what he has and what can be achieved with his style of football, we might have some of the appropriate staff already.

20 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Don't know about "welcome" but he should certainly not be treated with hostility.  After all he was a very good player for us and I've no doubt he tried his best as DoF/Manager even if things didn't work out well.

Surely we don't want to be tarred as a support full of hatred.

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Good point but there is an element in every support that likes to attack ex players just because they don’t like what they say.

MarkDevriesScores4

Stendel needs to have complete authority on who his coaches are. For him to operate properly we need to let him have his staff so that he can do his job with no complications. 

happy for all the current coaches involved with the 1st team to be thanked and asked to leave.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

From day 1 what is your assessment of Stendel?

I don’t know enough about Stendel’s type of football to give an assessment from day 1.

My assessment of Levein when he was first appointed head coach by Budge was based on his type of negative football first time round at Hearts then Leicester and Scotland.

50 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Gonna throw it right back at you - if Stendel can’t turn round the shambles he has been left with, and we get relegated - would you welcome Levein back to Tynecastle? Would you boo him?

Would keep Kirk. But the rest can go! Coaching of the players has be our biggest problem in my opinion. Players look good when the first sign and slowly degrade ove a matter of week. That's the training or lack of!

Would keep Kirk. But the rest can go! Coaching of the players has be our biggest problem in my opinion. Players look good when the first sign and slowly degrade ove a matter of week. That's the training or lack of!

29 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Don't know about "welcome" but he should certainly not be treated with hostility.  After all he was a very good player for us and I've no doubt he tried his best as DoF/Manager even if things didn't work out well.

Like the hatred shown on here for Mackay, Preston and Stewart when they called out Levein?

17 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Stendel needs to have complete authority on who his coaches are. For him to operate properly we need to let him have his staff so that he can do his job with no complications. 

happy for all the current coaches involved with the 1st team to be thanked and asked to leave.

Unless he wants to keep any of them of course. Should be his choice though the timing may be impacted by financial constraints. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I blame Mchael Stewart for making the criticism of him so personal and public. Without that most people would be sad and disappointed  how things have turned out in wanting him to step down rather than foaming at the mouth.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Like the hatred shown on here for Mackay, Preston and Stewart when they called out Levein?

Two wrongs don't make a right.