Trouble after the Motherwell game

Ronald Villiers

Ronald Villiers

Anyone see any trouble in Motherwell town centre after the match?  I was stuck in traffic and saw a load of guys chasing a really young looking Jambo down the street.  I hope the guy's ok!

Ronald Villiers

Aye, I think there's a bit of bad blood between our pavement dancers and theirs.  Looked like the young guy was trying to reason with them. Next thing around 40 of them appeared, teenagers and guys in their 30's/40's, and chased the lad.  Tossers.

Motherwell is the only place I see trouble every time I go, with Motherwell neds attacking opposition fans unprovoked. Police are worse than useless.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Motherwell is the only place I see trouble every time I go, with Motherwell neds attacking opposition fans unprovoked. Police are worse than useless.

Wait til you see Airdrie in town for the cup game.  They have previous from the 1970's

2 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Wait til you see Airdrie in town for the cup game.  They have previous from the 1970's

Yeah. I remember our bus windows getting smashed after we beat them 5-0 in the Texaco cup. Happy days!

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, dbusby6 said:

Yeah. I remember our bus windows getting smashed after we beat them 5-0 in the Texaco cup. Happy days!

Bring back the open Eastern Scottish bus.  A trip to Airdrie was sure fire overtime for an auto glazier.

There was trouble here after the Motherwell game.  Thunder and lightening like I've never experienced.

It was like God was saying, "c'mon Ann.  Get Stendel in.  I can't take much more of this".

As most of you know, God is a Jambo.  He gave us Hibs.  He even let's them win now and again to keep us on our toes.

You'd think the police would have been on alert after the young Hearts fan ending up in hospital last time.

😡

Matthew Le Tissier

I spend a lot of time through that area and they have a real chip on their shoulders about us. 

bigsuperslim1874

Back in my teens on a trip to Motherwell I started getting picked on by a group of Well fans whilst on way back to the car. They opened the car door and one of the plebs punched me right in the coupon. These were guys in there 30’s/40’s as well. 🙄

I remember darts being thrown at us by Motherwell fans circa 1979..

we had just been dropped off a supporters bus, and saw these objects flying through the air..

Remember a story I got told from older JTs about the infamous 70s days when a notorious Hearts bus used to do fan-nappings. 

It was specifically about a trip to Motherwell. After a scrap they ‘acquired’ a Motherwell lout and brought him back to Edinburgh. 😂

15 minutes ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

I spend a lot of time through that area and they have a real chip on their shoulders about us. 

Shite town, shite football team. They are probably just mad about life in general. 

Weirdos. 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I remember darts being thrown at us by Motherwell fans circa 1979..

we had just been dropped off a supporters bus, and saw these objects flying through the air..

I remember one of my first games at tynecastle. Someone walked in front of the stand with a dart stuck in his head.

Thought it slightly funny at the timebut I was only 6 or 7.

39 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

That was The Airdieonians I think.

New club like Sevco I believe.

Hope the young Hearts fan got away safely and the Motherwell gang didn't take any liberties.........But is an individual being chased what passes off as football violence/trouble at the match these days?

16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Remember a story I got told from older JTs about the infamous 70s days when a notorious Hearts bus used to do fan-nappings. 

It was specifically about a trip to Motherwell. After a scrap they ‘acquired’ a Motherwell lout and brought him back to Edinburgh. 😂

The Manor bus once kidnapped a guy from paisley at a st mirren game. Story I was told by the auld crew.

Fort Vallance
46 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I'm 64 now but I'd still like to catch up with these ##### from the Texaco Cup game. They're probably still wearing the same Skinners and the Jaytex shirts.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, pablo said:

Hope the young Hearts fan got away safely and the Motherwell gang didn't take any liberties.........But is an individual being chased what passes off as football violence/trouble at the match these days?

It is if you are the one being chased!!!!

3 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I'm 64 now but I'd still like to catch up with these ##### from the Texaco Cup game. They're probably still wearing the same Skinners and the Jaytex shirts.

Hi mate.

I was there that night. 5 nil to the JT'S.

Every window on our bus was smashed and they attacked us as we tried to get off it.

Edited by ollie2004
Typo

13 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

That was The Airdieonians I think.

New club like Sevco I believe.

clydebank rather than a new club

19 minutes ago, pablo said:

It is if you are the individual being chased. 

Mid Calder Jambo
16 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Levi staypressed and a half Niddrie in your back pocket.  Oh the Good Old Days

22 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

It is if you are the one being chased!!!!

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It is if you are the individual being chased. 

Good point! :chase:

48 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

That was pretty common. Some were let off in the middle of nowhere, like Harthill.

30 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Hi mate.

I was there that night. 5 nil to the JT'S.

Every window on our bus was smashed and they attacked us as we tried to get off it.

Penicuik bus was too that night. The only window left was the windscreen and they'd had a go a that too.

2 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Anyone see any trouble in Motherwell town centre after the match?  I was stuck in traffic and saw a load of guys chasing a really young looking Jambo down the street.  I hope the guy's ok!

There was a few fists flying at the corner where both supports meet, Hearts lads started singing as Motherwell came along, a Hearts laddie threw a fire cracker into Motherwell, police dived in and had batons out,  I saw a police officer kick and baton someone but no idea whose side they were on, along at the fire station Motherwell were hanging around, again a few punches were thrown, down by the supporters buses there was another confrontation, Motherwell were also trying to have a go at ordinary older Hearts fans, no police anywhere between the corner and supporters buses, my daughter who is nearly 19 and been going with me to matches home and away for years was a bit scared  as it's the first time she has seen it actually kick off.

Seymour M Hersh
34 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

That was pretty common. Some were let off in the middle of nowhere, like Harthill.

That would be like getting let off at a five star hotel for those maggots.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Shite town, shite football team. They are probably just mad about life in general. 

Weirdos. 

pretty much sums it up

Italian Lambretta
3 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Aye, I think there's a bit of bad blood between our pavement dancers and theirs.  Looked like the young guy was trying to reason with them. Next thing around 40 of them appeared, teenagers and guys in their 30's/40's, and chased the lad.  Tossers.

How do you know the young Hearts lad was trying to reason with them?

Did you try to help him? 

Never forgave us for signing Willie Pettigrew.

Carry it on their shoulder like Ravenscraig shutting down and that Tam Cowan is almost as funny as Billy Connolly or even Hector Nicol.😂

A shit hole that no decent person should have to visit twice in a lifetime never mind twice a season.

Just now, Janbo1874 said:

Carry it on their shoulder like Ravenscraig shutting down and that Tam Cowan is almost as funny as Billy Connolly or even Hector Nicol.😂

A shit hole that no decent person should have to visit twice in a lifetime never mind twice a season.

His two goals for us in the, I think, first visit back to Fir Park maybe had a part to play in the shenanigans after that game.

They didn’t play nice !

At Motherwell Texaco cup - it was a Lancashire ambush in the dark well away from the ground, might have been going through Carfin at a roundabout but I’m not sure.

And Airdrie similar but in Plains

Those were the days ... it was a Jungle out there!!

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I remember one of my first games at tynecastle. Someone walked in front of the stand with a dart stuck in his head.

Thought it slightly funny at the timebut I was only 6 or 7.

Trialist mascot Darty Harry?

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

At Motherwell Texaco cup - it was a Lancashire ambush in the dark well away from the ground, might have been going through Carfin at a roundabout but I’m not sure.

And Airdrie similar but in Plains

Those were the days ... it was a Jungle out there!!

Carfin and Plains are Celtic/IRA strongholds

I went to Hamilton away last season and got the train via Motherwell. 5 or 6 guys, probably late teens or early twenties, were having a go at me and my girlfriends brother (he was visiting from Europe) until the cops came round the corner and they quickly disappeared, I have no doubt it would have escalated if they didn’t appear. 

Seymour M Hersh
12 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Neds they are only heroes when there is a team of them against one or two people

Correct. 

9 hours ago, Janbo1874 said:

Leave Tam out of this.  Tam’s a good man who regularly fought our cause, led fundraising and speaks highly of the club.

• davemclaren locked this topic