Well done Ann Budge

Swanny17

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Any evidence?

For me, the fact Levein was almost 100% behind the finding. application and recruitment of Stendel tells me he is still the main man here.

Unless you are actually Ann Budge...picture that if you will..😮....you have no way of knowing his involvement !

C’mon, I8 !

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herbert.

• Coburg Hearts

• Beast Boy

• sadj

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Love i8's logic. 

Levein is in charge still...100% almost fact.

Cases in the news, of trial by media and public opinion...let's wait and see if he's found guilty in court first.

:rofl: Good try.

Who do you think was behind our new manager? You think Budge who wouldn't know a free kick from a touchdown said "I think we really need to find someone who will introduce a high pressing game".  Behind the scenes at Hearts is just one big comfortable book club.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Unless you are actually Ann Budge...picture that if you will..😮....you have no way of knowing his involvement !

C’mon, I8 !

🤯

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Who do you think was behind our new manager? You think Budge who wouldn't know a free kick from a touchdown said "I think we really need to find someone who will introduce a high pressing game".  Behind the scenes at Hearts is just one big comfortable book club.

So now its not 💯 almost fact? Its only your opinion? Knock me down with a double decker.... you are some piece of work. Touchdown from a free kick is up there with your usual anti women stuff

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

She's taken action and brought someone in she believes can change the tide. What's been done is done and we can't change that now.

I won't be singing her praises until that tide does change but she has now, finally, taken the steps to try and make that happen so there's really no point in moaning anymore and we should support Stendel, the team and the club to try and get to where we need to be. 

If it doesn't work, then sure, we need to go back to questioning the leadership but for the time being, frankly, there is not a lot to be gained from doing so.

I agree with most of the above,  but if anyone wants to criticize the appointment they should do it now, with their reasons, rather than with the benefit of hindsight. Ann Budge doesn't have that luxury.

I'm guessing, but it seems like at least 95% of Hearts supporters agree with her choice of manager.

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I agree with most of the above,  but if anyone wants to criticize the appointment they should do it now, with their reasons, rather than with the benefit of hindsight. Ann Budge doesn't have that luxury.

I'm guessing, but it seems like at least 95% of Hearts supporters agree with her choice of manager.

95% are happy that we have someone in. Time will tell, but its looking much more positive !

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Very fair reasoning but we are still riddled with dugout and pitch diddies - I see little changing.  Levein is still running the show ffs.

C'mon, i8hibsh, you don't really believe that.

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, black stump said:

95% are happy that we have someone in. Time will tell, but its looking much more positive !

Absolutely. Nothing is guaranteed in football.

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

Are you saying unless we complain now we can't complain later? Whilst I agree Ann doesn't have the luxury of hindsight, the fans aren't the ones in a position to do due diligence on him or interview him so have to take the leap of faith blind. 

I was fully in support of Cathro but it should have been apparent to anyone interviewing him that he was going to be a disaster. Should we all have just continued to support him given we were for it at the time?

Ann and Stendel have my faith currently but it's not, and never will be blind faith.

Let's hope it's a success and try our best to support that process rather than worrying about what people may/may not say in the future about the appointment. Now is a time for unity, not disharmony.

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Are you saying unless we complain now we can't complain later? Whilst I agree Ann doesn't have the luxury of hindsight, the fans aren't the ones in a position to do due diligence on him or interview him so have to take the leap of faith blind. 

I was fully in support of Cathro but it should have been apparent to anyone interviewing him that he was going to be a disaster. Should we all have just continued to support him given we were for it at the time?

Ann and Stendel have my faith currently but it's not, and never will be blind faith.

Let's hope it's a success and try our best to support that process rather than worrying about what people may/may not say in the future about the appointment. Now is a time for unity, not disharmony.

Great post 👍

Coburg Hearts
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Certainly agree with your last sentence. You make very good points in the rest of your post, but I still think it would be a bit rich for some folk to say what a great appointment, then scream blue murder if it isn't. I'm not referring to anyone making constructive criticism in the event it turns sour, but those who go totally over the top.

But* as you say, now is the time for unity. 

* my English teacher used to tell the class never to start a sentence with "and" or "but". Does that still hold true?

Budge is the reason for this whole mess. She should not be praise. Far from it. Her incompetence and naivety has set us back nearly a year. Clear out needed from top to bottom and that includes her, and all the coaches, all recruitment and scouting department, and all on the board who make decisions.

3 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Certainly agree with your last sentence. You make very good points in the rest of your post, but I still think it would be a bit rich for some folk to say what a great appointment, then scream blue murder if it isn't. I'm not referring to anyone making constructive criticism in the event it turns sour, but those who go totally over the top.

But* as you say, now is the time for unity. 

* my English teacher used to tell the class never to start a sentence with "and" or "but". Does that still hold true?

Not sure. But I remember my teachers saying the same.

All aboard the happy train though 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

Adam_the_legend
35 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I keep seeing people talking about hindsight. There was a thread on here from February about getting levein out. Lots of people thought the right time to change manager was in summer, CL might even have kept his DOF job. It’s not hindsight, people have been making this argument for a LONG time.

Edited by Adam_the_legend

Coburg Hearts
14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not sure. But I remember my teachers saying the same.

All aboard the happy train though 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

🚃🚃👍🇱🇻

Coburg Hearts
9 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I keep seeing people talking about hindsight. There was a thread on here from February about getting levein out. Lots of people thought the right time to change manager was in summer, CL might even have kept his DOF job. It’s not hindsight, people have been making this argument for a LONG time.

It's not hindsight in your example, agreed, in mine it would be. 

51 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

👍

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

Budge is the reason for this whole mess. She should not be praise. Far from it. Her incompetence and naivety has set us back nearly a year. Clear out needed from top to bottom and that includes her, and all the coaches, all recruitment and scouting department, and all on the board who make decisions.

Budge is the reason we still have a club 👍

Just another idiot here, who has no idea how a business or football club is run. Just another idiot who screams we need to clear out the entire staff at the club and start fresh, like it is even remotely possible.

What a ****ing idiot.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

For me, the fact Levein was almost 100% behind the finding. application and recruitment of Stendel tells me he is still the main man here.

is this fact? 

On 07/12/2019 at 18:21, soonbe110 said:

Two days to clear them out before Stendel and co arrive. 

How about letting the new manager choose he he wants to clear out? I think he will be a better judge than anyone on here.

19 minutes ago, JAMBO _MOBY said:

How about letting the new manager choose he he wants to clear out? I think he will be a better judge than anyone on here.

We have way too many coaches on the payroll. Someone needs to be ruthless and soon. An example, what coaching role is there for McPhee? And if he does get a first team coaching role along with Stern what coaching roles are left for Daly and Fox?  Too many cooks will definitely spoil the broth for the  new guy. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

We have way too many coaches on the payroll. Someone needs to be ruthless and soon. An example, what coaching role is there for McPhee? And if he does get a first team coaching role along with Stern what coaching roles are left for Daly and Fox?  Too many cooks will definitely spoil the broth for the  new guy. 

I’m less worried about numbers than I am the utter lack of talent

3 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

That's quite the comment to make given your posts all across this board.

I'm glad someone has noticed. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

As more of this story comes out it appears it will transpire that Budge did a much better job of getting Stendel than we might have thought 

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

That's exactly the point though. Many of us didn't want rid of Levein at first because he wasn't doing as bad a job.

SectionDJambo

One of the safest things anyone can do is introduce and maintain the suggestion that any manager should get sacked. Other than past examples like Alex Ferguson and Arsenal Wenger, they are nearly all going to be sacked within a few years anyway, so it’s an easy way of sounding like they knew all along it should happen, and everyone else were “happy clappers”.

Coburg Hearts
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

One of the safest things anyone can do is introduce and maintain the suggestion that any manager should get sacked. Other than past examples like Alex Ferguson and Arsenal Wenger, they are nearly all going to be sacked within a few years anyway, so it’s an easy way of sounding like they knew all along it should happen, and everyone else were “happy clappers”.

Too true. Nothing is certain in life except death, taxes, and managers gets sacked.

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Exactly. I see people getting smug about wanting a manager out earlier than others... too early can be just as bad as too late.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
23 minutes ago, Homme said:

Doesn't matter if CL was involved or not. We got the man 99% of us wanted. 

but he’s been a Levein puppet since his Hannover days FFS

Could you all remind me who were the ones that were claiming Ann was handling the appointment of Stendel badly and she should have just got it done?  

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/barnsley-hit-out-daniel-stendel-after-hearts-move-read-astonishing-statement-full-1336461

this article confirms Barnsley were fighting it. It also seems we have completed the deal and refused to pony up. 

Does she get plus or minus points for dealing with this football related matter?  

10 minutes ago, Sid said:

Could you all remind me who were the ones that were claiming Ann was handling the appointment of Stendel badly and she should have just got it done?  

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/barnsley-hit-out-daniel-stendel-after-hearts-move-read-astonishing-statement-full-1336461

this article confirms Barnsley were fighting it. It also seems we have completed the deal and refused to pony up. 

Does she get plus or minus points for dealing with this football related matter?  

She also gets a bonus point for making the Barnsley CEO throw his toys oot the pram and embarrass their club

33 minutes ago, kila said:

She also gets a bonus point for making the Barnsley CEO throw his toys oot the pram and embarrass their club

still probably not enough to spare her from personal abuse from some though. 

Just now, Sid said:

still probably not enough to spare her from personal abuse from some though. 

Indeed. The desperation for “debate” and “different opinions” ensures that. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Yeah because doing all that will certainly not cause yet more turmoil. 

Evolution not revolution.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

LOL - after this defiance of people of optimism over pessimism, we’re going to lose the court case and get relegated aren’t we??

It’s the Scottish way..::

😂😂

HEARTS FOREVER

Well done Ann. Great Job. Big appreciation from the YMD.

Now let's back this boy in numbers come Saturday and get up that league.

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Very fair reasoning but we are still riddled with dugout and pitch diddies - I see little changing.  Levein is still running the show ffs.

budge_laugh2.png

On 08/12/2019 at 09:56, schillaci said:

I found myself in the director's box at an away game last season. A game we were expected to win and the hosts expected to lose. 

We lost. Anne said nothing, but watched in stoney silence as we huffed and puffed to omo effect and were undone by a team running on one of the smallest budgets in the league.

As we filtered out, one of the suits asked her what thought. She was literally tight lipped and shook her head. I was left thinking CL will be gone soon. We then won a cup semi and made a good fist of the final. (And remember the start to last season was so good). So I fo think she changed her mind.

I think she is loyal to a fault. The new man will know this. She takes her time over every decision: salvaging the wreckage of a half dead football club, building, then delaying the opening of, the stand (without public blame for whoever's messed up the seat order) and then dispensing with, but not humiliating,  a man she relied on from the moment she arrived.

Smart, dignified, loyal, determined. What more do you want? 

Success , entertained from time to time 

Imagine being someone who doesn't attend games but posts incessantly on the fans' forum to rant about everything the club does.  Imagine that person's posts are constantly negative and frequently reveal a deep fear of females (of all ages), foreigners (with their wicked ways and dodgy religions) and men with hair.  Hard to imagine, isn't it?  

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

I8 is nothing short of a complete imbecile.

The imbeciles are those drooling over a woman who oversees a club joint bottom of a shitey league with what are relatively fantastic resources, large fan base and a squad full of Intetnationalists. I think I will hold off with the loob for now. In 4 years this is the first thing she has done that can be classed as positive for our bottom line. And just for the avoidance of doubt our bottom line is not tree hugging or providing free digital education centres for one and all, it is football.

58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The imbeciles are those drooling over a woman who oversees a club joint bottom of a shitey league with what are relatively fantastic resources, large fan base and a squad full of Intetnationalists. 

Imbeciles are those who have dug themselves into a hole over their hatred for Ann Budge and must now continue their absurd claims that she is responsible for the position we're in now. Granted she is partly responsible as are the previous manager, the coaches and the large squad full of internationalists but, as has been explained to you in words of one syllable on more than one occasion, she is the one who stepped up to the mark when we were in danger of extinction and put the club back on an even keel.

The imbeciles are those drooling over a woman who oversees a club joint bottom of a shitey league with what are relatively fantastic resources, large fan base and a squad full of Intetnationalists. I think I will hold off with the loob for now. In 4 years this is the first thing she has done that can be classed as positive for our bottom line. And just for the avoidance of doubt our bottom line is not tree hugging or providing free digital education centres for one and all, it is football.

Those bloody intetnationalists and their muslamic ray gunz.

I think you should take a day off.

3 hours ago, fila said:

Success , entertained from time to time 

Hare and the tortoise, innit? Football clubs are generally run in a way where strategy counts for nothing, as the manager and his team are only ever 3 losses away from the sack... Look at the way Barnsley got rid of Stendel for instance...a bad run off results following promotion and no subsequent investment, and the manager gets accused of courting other clubs and they bring in a new manager, who has made no difference at all... Loyalty from a board is a rare thing, and whilst it may infuriate the "hang 'im, sack 'im" brigade of knee-jerk panty-wetters it is no way to run a business... It is unfathomable how successful businesspeople allow all the rules of good business sense to go out the window when they come to run a football club...

Franksluckypants

Do you do your weekly shopping in your jammies?