Well done Ann Budge

Swanny17

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

i think you call it throwing out the baby with the bathwater. 

Well maybe if she just looked after the babies and let her husband get on with it...

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herbert.

• Coburg Hearts

• Beast Boy

• sadj

2 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

Absolute nonsense.

Your previous post was about emotion and not letting it affect targets.

Being a football supporter is emotion. That’s pretty much all it is.

JJ, Robbo, Levein. I’d rather any and all of them were successful ahead of Daniel Stendel and I’d absolutely love Herr Stendel to be successful.
Guys with a history with and love for the club. who would walk over broken glass if it benefited Hearts. Damn right I’d give them longer than logic dictated. Every single time.

As for balance sheets, Hibs etc...no-one is happy with how things have gone, I’m all the sadder given who was in charge, but the idea positives can’t co-exist with negatives is just stupid.

A experienced business woman who made millions should be able to put emotion to one side when it comes to business. Other chairmen do it.

Positives can exist without negatives and generally if things are good on the pitch then the fans are happy. The people on here trying to paper over the cracks and not admitting the problem we've had or simply dismissing it as nothing should maybe take away the business side of the club and see what were left with and see why people are justifiably pissed off with ann.

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Well maybe if she just looked after the babies and let her husband get on with it...

Or maybe look after the babies in our support who can't see the wood for the trees.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Or maybe look after the babies in our support who can't see the wood for the trees.

Oak-ay.

Hopefully he will spruce up the squad. Fir what it’s worth I think he will. 

14 minutes ago, Herbert said:

A experienced business woman who made millions should be able to put emotion to one side when it comes to business. Other chairmen do it.

Positives can exist without negatives and generally if things are good on the pitch then the fans are happy. The people on here trying to paper over the cracks and not admitting the problem we've had or simply dismissing it as nothing should maybe take away the business side of the club and see what were left with and see why people are justifiably pissed off with ann.

When assessing Ann, if you feel qualified to do so, the only reason to ignore the business side of the club is to build a picture which fits a particular agenda. 

What you are saying is that if the team is playing well, in front of an old, crumbling stand, with ever decreasing revenues and sponsored by a payday lending firm, that’s all good.

But when, as it would eventually, the team takes a downturn and you have neither the infrastructure or finance to do anything about it, the fans can’t complain because they were happy when the team was playing well and ignored the rest.

Edit: my previous final line was unnecessary, so I’ve removed it. Apologies.

Edited by Pistol1874

3 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

When assessing Ann, if you feel qualified to do so, the only reason to ignore the business side of the club is to build a picture which fits a particular agenda. 

What you are saying is that if the team is playing well, in front of an old, crumbling stand, with ever decreasing revenues and sponsored by a payday lending firm, that’s all good.

But when, as it would eventually, the team takes a downturn and you have neither the infrastructure or finance to do anything about it, the fans can’t complain because they were happy when the team was playing well and ignored the rest.

I’m trying not to draw the conclusion you’re a moron, but you’re making it really hard.

Your last comment is crass and uncalled for.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Fair enough

Of course, your quoting it negates my correction.

Edited by Pistol1874

3 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

I’m trying not to draw the conclusion you’re a moron, but you’re making it really hard.

Is she the only qualified to run hearts?

Could she have got someone with experience in to do it for her and we would still be in the position off the pitch.

The reason I choose to concentrate more on the results side of things is we're a football club.  If we were sitting in the top 4 now I would be singing her praises aswell but were not.

Just now, Herbert said:

Is she the only qualified to run hearts?

Could she have got someone with experience in to do it for her and we would still be in the position off the pitch.

The reason I choose to concentrate more on the results side of things is we're a football club.  If we were sitting in the top 4 now I would be singing her praises aswell but were not.

She did, she got Craig Levein.

Just now, Pistol1874 said:

She did, she got Craig Levein.

We're back here. He failed and it was apparent long before he finally got sacked/demoted he was a mistake and it wasn't going to end well. She should have been worried after the cathro disaster that he wasn't the right man to be advising her, Then we had last seasons form after the first round of games, most managers would have been gone by January but he was given more time and more money. That's a pretty big mistake to make and very costly.

17 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

Of course, your quoting it negates my correction.

Maybe shouldn’t have typed it in the first place.

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Maybe shouldn’t have typed it in the first place.

Maybe you should try combat your bitterness and join a self help group. 

Coburg Hearts
41 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Oak-ay.

Hopefully he will spruce up the squad. Fir what it’s worth I think he will. 

After Fir Park he will need to.

43 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Maybe you should try combat your bitterness and join a self help group. 

😴

42 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

😴

Always make me think of that bloke from the Simpsons when i see/read your posts..... The boy Quimby....

7 hours ago, Herbert said:

We're back here. He failed and it was apparent long before he finally got sacked/demoted he was a mistake and it wasn't going to end well. She should have been worried after the cathro disaster that he wasn't the right man to be advising her, Then we had last seasons form after the first round of games, most managers would have been gone by January but he was given more time and more money. That's a pretty big mistake to make and very costly.

You seem to be criticising her for doing precisely what you suggest she should’ve done.

The Cathro appointment was a risk, it didn’t work, but it remains a risk worth taking.

Having had her fingers burned it was then logical to go for someone who’d been over the course. Did she leave him in place too long? Maybe, but we’ve covered that.

Stendel is a risk too and if it doesn’t work, no doubt there will be people with their 20/20 hindsight criticising this appointment too.

7 hours ago, sadj said:

Always make me think of that bloke from the Simpsons when i see/read your posts..... The boy Quimby....

😴😴😴

9 hours ago, Herbert said:

You mean the good ship Hibernian again here, Herb? Or do you have a replacement for Budge in mind?

7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

😴

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

😴😴😴

Top contributions, Thomaso.

9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Top contributions, Thomaso.

That’s how I respond to infantile crap.

Now quit stalking me. Thanks

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That’s how I respond to infantile crap.

Now quit stalking me. Thanks

Just an observation. Sorry if it struck a nerve.

Heats fans showing themselves to be utter morons yet again, the fact the club does not survive without cash is still lost on the morons on here. 

Budge came in when we were finished as a club, put the money in to save the club, there was no guarantees that she would ever get it back. She trusted the supporters to get behind the club which is bizzare that some still wont get behind her. 

With Levien she put a structure in place to get the club straight back up in the first year, it took hibs with a budget 3 times the size (in the first year back) of us 3 years to get back up. 

Back in Europe first year back up, signed some exciting players and pushed the boat out. Yeah some didn't work out, but in the market we are operating its always a risk. 

Robbie left, he got a good offer and morons had already deem him not good enough. We signed Cartho who had knocked rangers back 6 months earlier, again a exciting prospect, a mixture of things jut never went for him. Most fans were happy that Levein took over, he took responsibility for how things went under Cartho and felt it was right to tidy up the mess. 

He bought in a lot of players in the summer, we were joint top of the league, with a 10 game run and got to the semi of the league cup. This didn't happen by fluke, this was with the backing of budge, folk still in complete denial about how bad the injuries effect the team. We still got to the final of the Scottish cup, the first time in 6 years, and for it not being for a dive and Collen giving that pen we would have won the cup. The narrow margins that folk can't see. 

Like most I think it was time for a change, Budge made the call, she had to give him a fair chance but it still wasn't turning around. 

We have then looked at who the best manager out there is that we can bring in, we have pushed the boat out for a guy that was linked with all the big jobs in the championships and below. 

I've not even mentioned the things like the stadium, the shirt sponsor, the fact she has convinced others to donate large sums to hearts. This is only possible when you sell people the bigger vision, not just the footballing side but the community side of the club.  

5 minutes ago, super_vlad said:

Heats fans showing themselves to be utter morons yet again, the fact the club does not survive without cash is still lost on the morons on here. 

Budge came in when we were finished as a club, put the money in to save the club, there was no guarantees that she would ever get it back. She trusted the supporters to get behind the club which is bizzare that some still wont get behind her. 

And why was that?

(Clue: check your username)

But yeah, "morons" :laugh2:

10 minutes ago, super_vlad said:

With Levien she put a structure in place to get the club straight back up in the first year, it took hibs with a budget 3 times the size (in the first year back) of us 3 years to get back up. 

Back in Europe first year back up, signed some exciting players and pushed the boat out. Yeah some didn't work out, but in the market we are operating its always a risk. 

Robbie left, he got a good offer and morons had already deem him not good enough. We signed Cartho who had knocked rangers back 6 months earlier, again a exciting prospect, a mixture of things jut never went for him. Most fans were happy that Levein took over, he took responsibility for how things went under Cartho and felt it was right to tidy up the mess. 

He bought in a lot of players in the summer, we were joint top of the league, with a 10 game run and got to the semi of the league cup. This didn't happen by fluke, this was with the backing of budge, folk still in complete denial about how bad the injuries effect the team. We still got to the final of the Scottish cup, the first time in 6 years, and for it not being for a dive and Collen giving that pen we would have won the cup. The narrow margins that folk can't see. 

Like most I think it was time for a change, Budge made the call, she had to give him a fair chance but it still wasn't turning around. 

We have then looked at who the best manager out there is that we can bring in, we have pushed the boat out for a guy that was linked with all the big jobs in the championships and below. 

I've not even mentioned the things like the stadium, the shirt sponsor, the fact she has convinced others to donate large sums to hearts. This is only possible when you sell people the bigger vision, not just the footballing side but the community side of the club.  

Spot on. Loads more to add to that. Just a couple. 
1.  People accuse Ann of ignoring the footballing side. When we were struggling under Cathro and Levein, one of their moans was we couldn’t play their style of football on the surface we had. Ann found £100k for immediate replacement and then long-term pitch for £1m (although it didn’t look that long term last week!). 
2.  Craig was bemoaning the size of the injury list. Ann endorsed an increase in playing budget and we recruited (what looked like) some additional quality in depth (Halkett, Meshimo, Pereira Etc). Anyone question the positivity at the time?  

She admits she didn’t put enough focus on the playing side. She tried to address what was put to her as barriers to results. All this contributed to Levein remaining in place too long as she waited to see if these changes would turn things around. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately, Ann doesn’t have this superpower  and has to make the calls when they come up.  The key thing is she stood up to the plate when no-one else would.  She has addressed the problems encountered when she could have chucked it. 
She deserves a lot more respect than some afford her. Some of these are trolls, which is fair game. However, some are Hearts Supporters.  Some with a beef that their behaviour has been called out by her. Some just sucked along with the others and blinkered to the work she has put in and looking for a target for the underperformance on the pitch, which she is ultimately responsible for but, in the above context, has tried to address. 
Hopefully, we are about to put the final piece of the jigsaw in and complete the picture and progress up the League to stay. 

5 minutes ago, Sid said:

1.  People accuse Ann of ignoring the footballing side. When we were struggling under Cathro and Levein, one of their moans was we couldn’t play their style of football on the surface we had. Ann found £100k for immediate replacement and then long-term pitch for £1m (although it didn’t look that long term last week!). 
2.  Craig was bemoaning the size of the injury list. Ann endorsed an increase in playing budget and we recruited (what looked like) some additional quality in depth (Halkett, Meshimo, Pereira Etc). Anyone question the positivity at the time?  

She admits she didn’t put enough focus on the playing side. She tried to address what was put to her as barriers to results. All this contributed to Levein remaining in place too long as she waited to see if these changes would turn things around. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately, Ann doesn’t have this superpower  and has to make the calls when they come up.  The key thing is she stood up to the plate when no-one else would.  She has addressed the problems encountered when she could have chucked it. 
She deserves a lot more respect than some afford her. Some of these are trolls, which is fair game. However, some are Hearts Supporters.  Some with a beef that their behaviour has been called out by her. Some just sucked along with the others and blinkered to the work she has put in and looking for a target for the underperformance on the pitch, which she is ultimately responsible for but, in the above context, has tried to address. 
Hopefully, we are about to put the final piece of the jigsaw in and complete the picture and progress up the League to stay. 

Well said.

Too many folk on here are quick to forget all the great things Budge has been doing to support the football side. 

That other people have failed and circumstances contrived against us, is hardly her fault. 

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Just an observation. Sorry if it struck a nerve.

And a childish “observation” at that!

Now unless you have a football related comment to make I suggest you go away and annoy somebody else. Thanks.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, super_vlad said:

My thought processes are similar to this.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Sid said:

This too.

Franksluckypants

We are where we are, irrespective of the 'how'...leave the bitters & wee teamers to take what solace they wish from that! Some folk are also just happy being miserable tbf.

New young, exciting, entertaining, in demand manger signed up, thanks to AB!

The future's bright! The future's Hearts!

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Now unless you have a football related comment to make I suggest you go away and annoy somebody else. Thanks.

That post will come back to haunt you.

Unless you stop posting altogether or have another name change. 

No need to respond as its not a football related comment, just an observation.

Do people understand that we are joint bottom of the league yeah?  Can  we at least wait until we are not abject failures where it matters in this business before blowing smoke up Anne's arse?

2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

That post will come back to haunt you.

Unless you stop posting altogether or have another name change. 

No need to respond as its not a football related comment, just an observation.

Why am I not surprised that you would pitch in!

Tell me why will my post come back to haunt me? I will continue to post my opinions on Hearts, our team and other Football related issues, so why would I change my user name?

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Do people understand that we are joint bottom of the league yeah?  Can  we at least wait until we are not abject failures where it matters in this business before blowing smoke up Anne's arse?

I love Ann Budge 💑

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why am I not surprised that you would pitch in!

Tell me why will my post come back to haunt me? I will continue to post my opinions on Hearts, our team and other Football related issues, so why would I change my user name?

Unless you have a football related comment to make I suggest you go away and annoy somebody else, thanks.

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

Unless you have a football related comment to make I suggest you go away and annoy somebody else, thanks.

Yes very clever. Bottled out giving me a straight answer. Typical.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She's taken action and brought someone in she believes can change the tide. What's been done is done and we can't change that now.

I won't be singing her praises until that tide does change but she has now, finally, taken the steps to try and make that happen so there's really no point in moaning anymore and we should support Stendel, the team and the club to try and get to where we need to be. 

If it doesn't work, then sure, we need to go back to questioning the leadership but for the time being, frankly, there is not a lot to be gained from doing so.

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That's quite the comment to make given your posts all across this board.

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

She's taken action and brought someone in she believes can change the tide. What's been done is done and we can't change that now.

I won't be singing her praises until that tide does change but she has now, finally, taken the steps to try and make that happen so there's really no point in moaning anymore and we should support Stendel, the team and the club to try and get to where we need to be. 

If it doesn't work, then sure, we need to go back to questioning the leadership but for the time being, frankly, there is not a lot to be gained from doing so.

Very fair reasoning but we are still riddled with dugout and pitch diddies - I see little changing.  Levein is still running the show ffs.

Edited by i8hibsh

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes very clever. Bottled out giving me a straight answer. Typical.

Unless you have a football related comment to make I suggest you go away and annoy somebody else, thanks

Very fair reasoning but we are still riddles with dugout and pitch diddies - I see little changing.  Levein is still running the show ffs.

If they are still there come the start of next season and either:

A) we are still doing terribly and Stendel seems no better than those before him or,

B ) Stendel wants them gone but the club refuse

Then by all means we should be furious. Ann has bought time with this appointment and I fully intend to give her it in the hope that lessons truly have been learned. Until she shows otherwise then she has my full support. I won't be going around trolling folk on here though like some of the other snivelling little losers on this thread that you are arguing with.

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

If they are still there come the start of next season and either:

A) we are still doing terribly and Stendel seems no better than those before him or,

B ) Stendel wants them gone but the club refuse

Then by all means we should be furious. Ann has bought time with this appointment and I fully intend to give her it in the hope that lessons truly have been learned. Until she shows otherwise then she has my full support. I won't be going around trolling folk on here though like some of the other snivelling little losers on this thread that you are arguing with.

This Levein is still running the show pish is ridiculous...

Just now, sadj said:

I agree. I also agree with those who said he should be gone completely though. His current situation doesn't really bother me either way.

He's not running the show but equally it is odd to have kept him on in another role. 

8 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

That's quite the comment to make given your posts all across this board.

Please show me where my posts have not been football related - with the exception of responses to trolls on here.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Any evidence?

For me, the fact Levein was almost 100% behind the finding. application and recruitment of Stendel tells me he is still the main man here.

Just now, Taffin said:

I agree. I also agree with those who said he should be gone completely though. His current situation doesn't really bother me either way.

He's not running the show but equally it is odd to have kept him on in another role. 

first paragraph I agree with second I can see reasons to keep him around in a limited role as per AB’s position on it. I don’t think anyone would argue he is superb in building the youth structure. If his role is streamlining and sorting that no issue. He has good contacts and relationships with big clubs and people as does MacPhee both have something to offer in the correct roles. If AB uses them like that brilliant if not then we have to question why not. It puts me neither up nor down as he is nothing to do with the first team and unfortunately thats a decision that had to be made for the sake of the club.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Any evidence?

For me, the fact Levein was almost 100% behind the finding. application and recruitment of Stendel tells me he is still the main man here.

Any evidence?

I8 He is not the main man , he is and i’m sure will remain a major confidante of AB and until we have a SD in place I have no doubt he will contribute but his role is limited in to what he can do. People can’t say oh he’s boring he’s a dinosaur oh but he sourced , found and recruited someone people think is a modern , progressive , up and coming coach in Stendel. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Its one or the other surely

Any evidence?

Come off it man. Even claiming that as a fact is pretty far-fetched.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Any evidence?

You're gonna be so raging when he's announced as SD. I can just tell.

Edited by GinRummy