Well done Ann Budge

Swanny17

2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Grown men still fizzing that a female runs our club?

Truly staggering and embarrassing.

No one has said anything derogatory about Ann's gender or anything other than her running the club. The only one that's drawn attention to gender is you. I don't mind having a bit of a debate with people that see things differently from me but don't make stuff up, Its embarrassing.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herbert.

• Coburg Hearts

• Beast Boy

• sadj

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That would have been terrible though. Then we would not have doubled the size of our club and potentially racked up lots of debt building the new stand. Her only failure has been the football side and that is fixed a lot easier than it is to do the other things she has done at our club. Your vision of what we/she should have done is a really shit one.

When would you have sacked levein?

Sexton Hardcastle
12 minutes ago, Herbert said:

No one has said anything derogatory about Ann's gender or anything other than her running the club. The only one that's drawn attention to gender is you. I don't mind having a bit of a debate with people that see things differently from me but don't make stuff up, Its embarrassing.

Assume you must mute certain posters on this forum and never read social media posts.

14 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Assume you must mute certain posters on this forum and never read social media posts.

So nothing on this thread has been said about her that is derogatory?

Was your comment just a way to stir the pot?

EasternRossco
On 07/12/2019 at 18:37, i8hibsh said:

Well done to her on this.

Nice one I8. Might have slated you elsewhere repeatedly but touch of class that. 

Mon the ****ing Hearts

I have to say that this poor hearts team ultimately is her fault as she failed to act when she sould have. I do however things shes done a fantastic job on the commercial side of the business

So she should stay on in some capacity buy nit have a jot to fo with the football side of things.

I'm sure we will be watching a good team once again soon but we will have to wait a season at least. 

Let's get behind the team regardless.

21 hours ago, Boab said:

Aye, I’m no so sure either.

” My work here is done “ type statement after the hand over wouldn’t surprise me.

Who could blame her. 

We would also need to find an extra 200k per year to actually PAY a CEO. 

All the shit she has to deal with and she doesn't even take a salary. 

Queen Ann indeed. ❤️

4 hours ago, Herbert said:

Well said Herb. 👍

I’m honestly not sure what some posters are going to do if Stendel is the real deal and we start actually winning football matches. They absolutely thrive on us being shite, only know how to spout negativity and actually get a kick out of it. Sad as ****!

30 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’m honestly not sure what some posters are going to do if Stendel is the real deal and we start actually winning football matches. They absolutely thrive on us being shite, only know how to spout negativity and actually get a kick out of it. Sad as ****!

If stendel is the real deal then great but it still doesn't hide the fact we've been shit and the last 3 YEARS ann has got it massively wrong and been too stubborn to fix her mistake (Levein).

23 minutes ago, Herbert said:

If stendel is the real deal then great but it still doesn't hide the fact we've been shit and the last 3 YEARS ann has got it massively wrong and been too stubborn to fix her mistake (Levein).

I rest my case.

23 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Yes, but there has to be a point when this stops being repeated ad nauseam. Some posters repeat the same thing hour on hour, day on day. Time to look forward, feck all we can do now about what has passed. 

I cant wait for Saturday 👍

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Herbert said:

Mate, that’s total bollocks. I’ve read numerous thoughts on her failure “cos she a woman”. 

If if you haven’t read any negative comments based on her gender I’d suggest you stop renting Bin Laden’s cave. 

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Best me to it. 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Mate, that’s total bollocks. I’ve read numerous thoughts on her failure “cos she a woman”. 

If if you haven’t read any negative comments based on her gender I’d suggest you stop renting Bin Laden’s cave. 

Has it been said on this thread?

There has been no mention of gender on here until the other poster brought it up. I know people do talk shit but they aren't here it's only rik witter howling at the moon and he's not been very offensive at that. 

12 hours ago, sadj said:

A Levein fanboy 🧐

You read what you want and rant how ya want Rick I made my opinion of you clear. I replied to IoS not yourself and I don’t have the pent up rage and aggression that you carry for life so at the best of times its hard to get angry , wound up and mash a keyboard on a forum. Let alone a Sunday morning where I am sitting with my niece and nephew putting a xmas tree up and relaxing.....

Away back to your fiery pit of rage and have a pop at other people please theres a good lad Richard.

12 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:lol:

Harsh, but fair.

Well said Ann is not perfect and she has maybe made mistakes but we as a club will always be glad she was around when we needed her.

Oh oh now I've  stirred it up again 

Ah well 🙁😌

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Has it been said on this thread?

There has been no mention of gender on here until the other poster brought it up. I know people do talk shit but they aren't here it's only rik witter howling at the moon and he's not been very offensive at that. 

This thread, and indeed this forum is better moderated than other outlets.

Some things said about Mrs Budge have been pretty vile. I guess that’s relevant to your idea of “vile”, I suppose. 

11 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Yes, but there has to be a point when this stops being repeated ad nauseam. Some posters repeat the same thing hour on hour, day on day. Time to look forward, feck all we can do now about what has passed. 

I cant wait for Saturday 👍

See I think she is now at the point where levein was when we beat hibs, He won alot of support back I remember after the derby I was crucified on here for saying I still wanted him out. For me this is last chance saloon for her and she would be better walking while she will be remembered by alot of fans for putting money up etc and not potentially relegating us because of her stubbornness. I don't hate ann either but she's shit at running a football club. 

It will be interesting to see if McClean Clare and bozanic get near the team on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Parahandy said:

Well said Ann is not perfect and she has maybe made mistakes but we as a club will always be glad she was around when we needed her.

Oh oh now I've  stirred it up again 

Ah well 🙁😌

History will reflect very positively on her. Piss in the wind from the likes or Richard and Herb will be forgotten about in no time. Ann’s legacy and legend will go down in history. :) 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

This thread, and indeed this forum is better moderated than other outlets.

Some things said about Mrs Budge have been pretty vile. I guess that’s relevant to your idea of “vile”, I suppose. 

So if it's not been a issue on the thread why has it been brought up? It's irrelevant to what's been spoken about.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

So if it's not been a issue on the thread why has it been brought up? It's irrelevant to what's been spoken about.

Well, your original comment didn’t mention this thread or forum.  Maybe I should change that to the comment I had replied to didn’t mention this thread. There has been awful stuff posted about her, about her abilities, suitability and gender. My point is your comment was ignorant to this fact. 

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

History will reflect very positively on her. Piss in the wind from the likes or Richard and Herb will be forgotten about in no time. Ann’s legacy and legend will go down in history. :) 

Agreed and I'll  be glad to stand in the long line to sign the book Herts Legends💓

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Pistol1874 said:

This is demonstrably bullshit.

Have you read his thoughts on those living in poverty? It’s fair to say Herbert shouldn’t be used as an example of any moral compass and is quite happy espousing views that are just nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Pistol1874 said:

This is demonstrably bullshit.

The leauge table the last 3seasons says other wise. The club on the football side of things has been a massive disappointment and she was the one in charge of hiring the managers.

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Have you read his thoughts on those living in poverty? It’s fair to say Herbert shouldn’t be used as an example of any moral compass and is quite happy espousing views that are just nonsense. 

I have not, but if they demonstrate the same inability to appreciate nuance and the bigger picture, I think I’ll spare myself.

Coburg Hearts
7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Of course, and it's why so many fans of other clubs wished they had an Ann Budge as an owner. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Pistol1874 said:

I have not, but if they demonstrate the same inability to appreciate nuance and the bigger picture, I think I’ll spare myself.

Nah, you’re good. I think you’ve got the gist.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

The leauge table the last 3seasons says other wise. The club on the football side of things has been a massive disappointment and she was the one in charge of hiring the managers.

That’s not the point, though. He was replying to you and your comments she has not received abuse, where she demonstrably has. Whether or not it’s on this forum or not isn’t the issue.  Whether or not you’ve read those comments or not is also irrelevant. 

Do  keep up. 

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Well, your original comment didn’t mention this thread or forum.  Maybe I should change that to the comment I had replied to didn’t mention this thread. There has been awful stuff posted about her, about her abilities, suitability and gender. My point is your comment was ignorant to this fact. 

My original comment was made to someone who brought it up out the blue as if it was being said here ir simply to bring it up to cause a issue which it now has. There was no need to mention the abuse she gas received because it's off the point.

I think the best thing to do is move away from the whole personal abuse/gender thing because that's a whole other issue.

Coburg Hearts

Once she has hired the managers she gives them a fair crack of the whip, too fair to be honest, but you are crucifying her for that. I'd rather that than the likes of the Barnsley owner.

So, Levein hired Neilson, good call, Cathro, poor call and Budge appointed Levein who finished lower in the league than I’d have liked, but took us to three consecutive semi-finals and a final in tournaments we had a realistic chance of actually winning.

In the meantime, we’ve finished the ground, installed a state of the art pitch, moved from Wonga as sponsors to Save the Children, brought the Women’s team in house, made a huge difference to many people through Big Hearts, we have a retail operation befitting a club of our size and and rebuilt the reputation of the club from toxic to what it now is.

You seem all over the negative and more than happy to ignore the positive. 

Your choice, I made a different one.

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

Once she has hired the managers she gives them a fair crack of the whip, too fair to be honest, but you are crucifying her for that. I'd rather that than the likes of the Barnsley owner.

Letting levein have up the SC final was a fair crack of the whip. I would rather someone who is decisive and doesn't let emotions get in the way of meeting targets. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Pistol1874 said:

So, Levein hired Neilson, good call, Cathro, poor call and Budge appointed Levein who finished lower in the league than I’d have liked, but took us to three consecutive semi-finals and a final in tournaments we had a realistic chance of actually winning.

In the meantime, we’ve finished the ground, installed a state of the art pitch, moved from Wonga as sponsors to Save the Children, brought the Women’s team in house, made a huge difference to many people through Big Hearts, we have a retail operation befitting a club of our size and and rebuilt the reputation of the club from toxic to what it now is.

Exactly. Those denying or choosing to be blind over her achievements that have secured the future and structure of the club as a whole and solely focus on her mistakes are devoid of a bigger picture mentality. We can all acknowledge and agree she has made mistakes, but FFS, she has done so much good as well. 

Bridge of Djoum

Letting levein have up the SC final was a fair crack of the whip. I would rather someone who is decisive and doesn't let emotions get in the way of meeting targets. 

You’d rather a reactionary owner? 

2 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

See all that good she has done let down by her lack of experience/loyalty/indecisiveness on the football side of things. 

Football is what matters to me. Remember how we would take the piss out of hibs when they would bring up balance sheets after a pumping, That's what we do now. 

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You’d rather a reactionary owner? 

I would rather one that after less than 3 years thought that there was a problem with the man she trusted with the team and gave him the bullet.

Bridge of Djoum

See all that good she has done let down by her lack of experience/loyalty/indecisiveness on the football side of things. 

Football is what matters to me. Remember how we would take the piss out of hibs when they would bring up balance sheets after a pumping, That's what we do now. 

Reading your posts it’s difficult to believe you’re a Hearts man. 

Her failures go alongside her achievements, they don’t diminish them. We must apply balance to this argument.

Bridge of Djoum

I would rather one that after less than 3 years thought that there was a problem with the man she trusted with the team and gave him the bullet.

Ok, fair.

Now, apply that logic across the club as a whole. 

Absolute nonsense.

Your previous post was about emotion and not letting it affect targets.

Being a football supporter is emotion. That’s pretty much all it is.

JJ, Robbo, Levein. I’d rather any and all of them were successful ahead of Daniel Stendel and I’d absolutely love Herr Stendel to be successful.
Guys with a history with and love for the club. who would walk over broken glass if it benefited Hearts. Damn right I’d give them longer than logic dictated. Every single time.

As for balance sheets, Hibs etc...no-one is happy with how things have gone, I’m all the sadder given who was in charge, but the idea positives can’t co-exist with negatives is just stupid.

Coburg Hearts
17 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Exactly. Those denying or choosing to be blind over her achievements that have secured the future and structure of the club as a whole and solely focus on her mistakes are devoid of a bigger picture mentality. We can all acknowledge and agree she has made mistakes, but FFS, she has done so much good as well. 

i think you call it throwing out the baby with the bathwater.