Stendel signs two and a half year contract

Sooperstar

Press conference this afternoon  on ssn just after 2pm

Look forward to hearing wjat jes got to say about the challenge ahead 

And hopefully a new start he can get us all looking forward to matches again and making some noise 

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coburg Hearts

• mitch41

• GinRummy

• Armageddon

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You know that Germany used to be split in two? Like there was a wall and shit.

West Germany were the Nazis. WERE.

Stendel originates from the East German area. He is bilingual - Russian being his other language.

East Germany were not the Nazis.

Not that it matters

The allies split it. 

One to stop communinism, one to stop capitalism / westernisation. 

Very simplified version ofc. 

Not sure Germany had a choice as the USA and Russia agreed to split it and stay out of each others way. 

At least for a bit. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Press conference this afternoon  on ssn just after 2pm

Look forward to hearing wjat jes got to say about the challenge ahead 

And hopefully a new start he can get us all looking forward to matches again and making some noise 

Wonder if they'll confirm which assistant he's bringing along.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
11 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We remember all the ones who gave their lifes. My grandad respected the germans in the first world war who he fought against. And that's all he would say about that war. Time for everyone to give it a rest about every war that happened long ago like battles in 1690, 1066 and so on. Remembrance Day is all about peace we should all remember that. 

Well said about Remembrance day and what's it's all about, if Daniel wants to get this club and the fans I am sure he will be right at the front on Remembrance Sunday suited and booted, no problems there from anyone.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Wonder if they'll confirm which assistant he's bringing along.

It's the young German chap (Stern I think's his name), not Tonge. For the time being anyway.

Just now, E6 Inc said:

It's the young German chap (Stern I think's his name), not Tonge. For the time being anyway.

Right thanks, must've missed that.

Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

Can someone start a WW2 thread in the shed, this is getting painful 🤦🏼‍♂️

The thread needs closed I think.

Some takes on WWII that appear to have derived from episodes of Blackadder and/or Dads Army

Jambof3tornado
32 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Pretty sure he is from the old East Germany, a town which borders Poland....sure I seen that somewhere, may be wrong.

Interview with barnsley fans said he's east german working class so he 'got' the town!

Just now, GinRummy said:

Right thanks, must've missed that.

Not sure it's appeared in any articles but one of the EEN journos mentioned in on twitter, so could be wrong.

20 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why do you think they split?

I can't remember.  Didn't Otto Wels and Lugwig Kaas have a disagreement about whether to nationalise sausages?

Michael Smith saying yesterday they've known for a while he was the man coming in, that fills me with hope that DS has watched the last 2 or 3 games over and over as well as watching the Old Firm Euro games and Cup Final to get some sort of grasp on the Scottish game and our squad.

As said above, worth a look on his Facebook page - give it a 'like' and lets get behind this lad, safe to say we now have a huge following from Barnsley.  I seems a very likeable character and I'm sure he will settle well into Edinburgh - the fans can help that massively.

47 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Stendel originates from the East German area. He is bilingual - Russian being his other language.

Not that it matters

:notsure:

9 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Michael Smith saying yesterday they've known for a while he was the man coming in, that fills me with hope that DS has watched the last 2 or 3 games over and over as well as watching the Old Firm Euro games and Cup Final to get some sort of grasp on the Scottish game and our squad.

As said above, worth a look on his Facebook page - give it a 'like' and lets get behind this lad, safe to say we now have a huge following from Barnsley.  I seems a very likeable character and I'm sure he will settle well into Edinburgh - the fans can help that massively.

Liked.

Mon the Hearts!!!!

Suddenly it is a rout

Taken from barnsley fan forum

Daniel Stendel
9 hours ago

Herewith I want to respond to the statement of FC Barnsley. I experienced the people in Barnsley as honest and straight forward and therefore would like to present my point of view:

During my entire time at Barnsley I gave my full commitment, energy and passion for the club and their supporters. I always put the sporting results of Barnsley first and always tried to achieve the very best results that were possible. We had a fantastic last season in League 1, securing promotion to the Championship, playing some very entertaining football.

The start to this season was very difficult though, with the club being unable to retain several key players from the promotion team and couldn’t replace these experienced players. I always remained committed and accepted all the decisions of the Board during my entire time - including the decision to terminate my contract with immediate effect. At the day of my dismissal I wasn't informed about any detailed reasons.

The week before my dismissal I asked for an open discussion about the sporting situation with a Board Member, during which none of the reasons that apparently led to my dismissal were raised as complaints. I was always honest and documented strongly that I wanted to continue to work with the team in order to achieve the goals of the club. I was then dismissed after the disappointing defeat to Preston.

After the termination of my contract, I have made it clear that even then I was open to finding an amicable resolution in order to keep noise away from the team.

I am an honest person and always wanted the best for the club. The people from Barnsley and the fans know that. I always was a fighter on and also next to the pitch and will also now fight for my rights. I do, however, wish all the players, the supporters , employees and the new manager the very best for the future. Daniel

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Not that it matters

Pish. 

Gene Parmesan

Not that it matters

Oh my sweet lord :rofl:

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Pretty sure he is from the old East Germany, a town which borders Poland....sure I seen that somewhere, may be wrong.

Yup the oder Frankfurt...

25 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Please remove all war comments from this thread. 

The shed is for non football matters.

You’d think the mods would be all over this  !!!

theyre like tramps in a chip wrapper if someone uses a swear word ffs.

Riddley Walker

Not that it matters

Jesus H. C :lol: 

Someone give him a basic history lesson then please delete the last few pages of this thread.

Wilkommen, Herr Stendel.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

You’d think the mods would be all over this  !!!

theyre like tramps in a chip wrapper if someone uses a swear word ffs.

🤔

homeless-men-sleeping-construction-site-man-wet-floor-covered-newspapers-90902350.jpg

4 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Jesus H. C :lol: 

Someone give him a basic history lesson then please delete the last few pages of this thread.

Wilkommen, Herr Stendel.

This stuff should not be on a football forum. 

You are correct though THD needs a history lesson, astounding ignorance. 

Let's hope the offending war references get removed and we can enjoy the rest of the thread. 

Oh and welcome Daniel 👍

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Ffs mods close thread or something. Embarrassing stuff

Exactly, ****ing halfwits debating the merits of East and West Germany because we've signed a German . 

3 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

"Edinburg"

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Love how he says that like a proper German!!  I got a wee tickle in my baws :)

Edited by Armageddon

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Not that it matters

Simply astounding. 

Just now, AndyNic said:

Anyone able to rip the interview so we can watch it? Can only see the first 30 seconds if you're not subscribed.

Those 30 seconds were long enough for me to finish ;)

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

+ 1 :lol:

Who'll have the first JKB Stendel soggy biscuit? (that's far too far! Sorry readers)

Edited by Armageddon

Thought Police

It'll take a week for Willie Miller to question how he communicates to the players.

There's just something about him that I think the players will really buy into.

9 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Anyone able to rip the interview so we can watch it? Can only see the first 30 seconds if you're not subscribed.

Was gonnae ask the same 👍🏼

“To win the game you need the ball and if we lose the ball we will go and get it” 

No doubt MacPhee is a bright guy but this from Stendel resonantes more with me than anything MacPhee has said during the past few weeks. 

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

“To win the game you need the ball and if we lose the ball we will go and get it” 

No doubt MacPhee is a bright guy but this from Stendel resonantes more with me than anything MacPhee has said during the past few weeks. 

Record it on your phone and post it for is all to see? Since it's Christmas...

Thought Police

Surprised Hearts didn't show it for free, maybe the press conference will later.

Edited by Thought Police

Hagar the Horrible
8 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

David hasselhoff to sing at the press conference. 

I now have this image of you in double denim with a permed mullet and a moustache.   My wife has stopped shaving her armpits.   I am trying to buy lederhosen online......dont think its too much?