Stendel signs two and a half year contract

Sooperstar

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

And when the pitchforks are out after 6 games it’ll take the sensible fans who can see the depth of this mess to restore some order to this forum.  He needs much longer than 2.5 years IMO.

Think anyone sensible on here would agree 100% with that. If he proves worthy of the task and is given the time to carry it out then we all win. It realy isn't going to be plain sailing, never is.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coburg Hearts

• mitch41

• GinRummy

• Armageddon

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

It will.Going to be interested to see how much he can get out of them in under a week though before the St Johnstone.

Yeah, would be would be good just to see something intersting happening, even just the smallest change in the team's mentality would be a treat. I hope we see something tangible from them by the time the derby comes around, I really do.

3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

There is going to have to be a lot of patience shown, it is sad but we have to be brutally honest, what he needs to do for the remainder of this season is give an indication of what we will see going forward and keep us in the top division. At this point in time the teams we might be able to compete with are those teams around us at the bottom of the league, if he can do even basic changes to the personnel playing and the style being played. Without putting too fine a point on it there are some inside Tynecastle who just have to be told to feck off, they have no future here. He then has to decide who he thinks can fit into his side and then do what we have failed to do over the last few years. Build a squad of players where those on the sidelines can come in and do the job without much difficulty in doing so. The legacy he has been left with will need a lot of work to turn back into a functioning team capable of competing at the top end of the league.

This is how we are going to judge our new manager. From our perspective every aspect of the first team, from recruitment to training, the players mentality to team spirit needs overhauled. I would think Stendel has never undertaken such a task. I also hope that we do get a Sporting Director in as I think it would be utterly impossible for Stendel to do this if he has to concentrate on anything other than fixing the first-team.

We know Budge will stick by him, the Sporting Director will help, but you've got to think that the guys directly responsible for the current crisis should be booted up the arse and out the door.

The one I really, really wonder about is John "Teflon" Murray, I would think as Cheif Scout, surely there is a case to be answered. I know nothing about him. You have to think that he has come up with more than a few of these names that we're all so keen to forget on the playing side. Does anyone actually know what kind of due-dilligence he does on these talentless huddies that infest our club at the moment?

Having said that it is true that some have come in, looked good then had any free-will or spark of imagination coached out of them by this shower of donkeys, doggedly following the gospel according to Levein.

So there is a possibility they can play, but complete break with the current first-team coaching staff is the first thing that needs to be done. Due dilligence on Murray himself before the next transfer window would be a bonus.

Coburg Hearts

Interesting comments from Jamie Borthwick hinting at just how complex this deal was to complete. In particular "it could not have been done quickly".

"Legal matters are hard to convey, I understand that. A long wait is also incredibly difficult for a support. And that's natural. Knowing the volume of work that's gone in to this appointment, I think it needs to come from the horse's mouth just how complex this was.

I hope that Ann Budge, within reason, can give some of the background to the process next week, because there's been some rumours, angst and downright nonsense over the last fortnight or so.

I don't know every detail but I know that it simply could not have been done quickly
Other clubs looked and were put off by the legal situation. Hearts were dogged."

15 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Interesting comments from Jamie Borthwick hinting at just how complex this deal was to complete. In particular "it could not have been done quickly".

"Legal matters are hard to convey, I understand that. A long wait is also incredibly difficult for a support. And that's natural. Knowing the volume of work that's gone in to this appointment, I think it needs to come from the horse's mouth just how complex this was.

I hope that Ann Budge, within reason, can give some of the background to the process next week, because there's been some rumours, angst and downright nonsense over the last fortnight or so.

I don't know every detail but I know that it simply could not have been done quickly
Other clubs looked and were put off by the legal situation. Hearts were dogged."

sounds right from what people who have a bit of knowledge have said that its been a nightmare to get through but its who we wanted and they have gone through brick walls to make it happen. Superb to know that people have that much commitment to delivering for us as fans.

3 hours ago, sadj said:

sounds right from what people who have a bit of knowledge have said that its been a nightmare to get through but its who we wanted and they have gone through brick walls to make it happen. Superb to know that people have that much commitment to delivering for us as fans.

no matter what some of the same trolls on here say....Budge is not clueless, especially on issues like this.  She and the board have found who they thought was the right man for the job, and done all they can to make it happen.  I would expect that there was no sitting about clueless like stated on here and the media 

6 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Am I allowed to moan that we haven’t had an interview from him yet?

i presume he’s been at home in Germany getting  his shit sorted out - I just can’t wait to hear from him.

I would be very interested on how he first meets the players also (unlikely as we are to find that out). He’s undoubtedly watched the dross they have served up in the last 4 weeks, I’d expect some of them to be a bit nervous about their first meeting!

I’d guess he’d be almost into guardiola levels of player detail (he commonly invites himself to players houses for dinner so he can observe how their home lives are etc).  I’d expect some players to get a new lease of life from him - seems a proper man manager

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Wonder if we’ll have another Csaba moment, you know, when he took his first training session and thought Nade was just a fat student watching them 😂.

Still loved a goal against the Hibs. :HeartsManspotrun:

Is there any word on who he will arrive with? I am hoping he has his own assistant at least and he's not reliant on Daily and Co to train and coach our players.

1 minute ago, sandylejambo said:

Is there any word on who he will arrive with? I am hoping he has his own assistant at least and he's not reliant on Daily and Co to train and coach our players.

Think one of the Evening News journos said its just Chris Stern coming at the moment and Dale Tonge wont be.

I've got a feeling McPhee will go but Daly and Fox may be retained.

46 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Still loved a goal against the Hibs. :HeartsManspotrun:

I loved the big guy and still do to this day.  Played in a shite team with no creativity, that relied on Aguiar being a baller. 

9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Am I allowed to moan that we haven’t had an interview from him yet?

i presume he’s been at home in Germany getting  his shit sorted out - I just can’t wait to hear from him.

My thoughts too, have we had a statement from him saying anything about the club?

1 hour ago, Australis...... said:

My thoughts too, have we had a statement from him saying anything about the club?

Barry Anderson will probably be meeting him today for an exclusive

9 hours ago, Pie_Heid said:

This is how we are going to judge our new manager. From our perspective every aspect of the first team, from recruitment to training, the players mentality to team spirit needs overhauled. I would think Stendel has never undertaken such a task. I also hope that we do get a Sporting Director in as I think it would be utterly impossible for Stendel to do this if he has to concentrate on anything other than fixing the first-team.

We know Budge will stick by him, the Sporting Director will help, but you've got to think that the guys directly responsible for the current crisis should be booted up the arse and out the door.

The one I really, really wonder about is John "Teflon" Murray, I would think as Cheif Scout, surely there is a case to be answered. I know nothing about him. You have to think that he has come up with more than a few of these names that we're all so keen to forget on the playing side. Does anyone actually know what kind of due-dilligence he does on these talentless huddies that infest our club at the moment?

Having said that it is true that some have come in, looked good then had any free-will or spark of imagination coached out of them by this shower of donkeys, doggedly following the gospel according to Levein.

So there is a possibility they can play, but complete break with the current first-team coaching staff is the first thing that needs to be done. Due dilligence on Murray himself before the next transfer window would be a bonus.

Regarding John Murray, it is a difficult one to call because for all we know he has maybe found the type of players he was asked to find.

Ultimately it is either the DOF or Coach who makes the final decision on whether to sign the players he unearths.

Has come up with some absolutely horrendous finds and the fact Levein signed most of them beggars belief.

It is the start of a new era at Hearts and the more of the old regime that go the better in my opinion including Murray.

Phil D. Corners
19 minutes ago, kila said:

Barry Anderson will probably be meeting him today for an exclusive

I was told he was taking his first session today. 

3 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Training session? Club said in their statement it'd be Tuesday

Phil D. Corners
7 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Maybe.... TBH I thought today was normally a day off for the players. A day after a game is a stretch day and the day after that is a day off. So would fit. 

1 hour ago, Australis...... said:

This is only thing I've seen. Suspect we'll see a lot from tonight/ tomorrow. 

Screenshot_20191209-100328_Facebook.jpg

11 hours ago, wavydavy said:

No.

That was not very helpful to a new poster with limited knowledge of how to work through this system, but I will continue to try my best. A response will not be necessary

The 2019 snowflakes won't be too impressed with Michael Smith's comments on the Hearts website!  Hahahahahahaha - he's 100% correct.

EEN/Scotsman will 100% quote this given how lazy and wankish they are over there.

Michael Smith has revealed that the first team is already looking forward to getting onto the training pitch with new manager Daniel Stendel.

The Club announced on Saturday night that Daniel had agreed a two-and-a-half-year deal to take over as Hearts manager, and Michael was quick to admit that he was looking forward to the challenge of impressing the new gaffer.

“The new man will come in with some fresh ideas and maybe mix things up a little,” he said. “We’ll see what he has to offer and I’m looking forward to the new challenge.” 

“We’d known who it was going to be for a wee while and I’m excited to see what he brings. I watched Barnsley a few times when they won promotion last season and they looked like a good side, playing with a high press.

“If he can instil that in us then maybe we can go out there and perform and get results. We definitely needed a clean break and some new ideas. We’re capable of going on a good run quite quickly if everyone buys into his philosophy and we get it going.

“Let’s hope so, anyway. We’ll be working hard on the training ground with him to try and put all of his plans into place.

“Every single one of us needs to take a long, hard look at ourselves. We have young guys in the team and this is a learning curve for them but this is professional football, it’s a man’s game.

"It’s tough but if they find themselves in the starting XI then they need to step up and perform.”

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Don’t know if it’s earlier on in this thread but will his press conference be tomorrow?

I would predict 10 am then he does the training 

highlandjambo3
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The 2019 snowflakes won't be too impressed with Michael Smith's comments on the Hearts website!  Hahahahahahaha - he's 100% correct.

EEN/Scotsman will 100% quote this given how lazy and wankish they are over there.

Michael Smith has revealed that the first team is already looking forward to getting onto the training pitch with new manager Daniel Stendel.

The Club announced on Saturday night that Daniel had agreed a two-and-a-half-year deal to take over as Hearts manager, and Michael was quick to admit that he was looking forward to the challenge of impressing the new gaffer.

“The new man will come in with some fresh ideas and maybe mix things up a little,” he said. “We’ll see what he has to offer and I’m looking forward to the new challenge.” 

“We’d known who it was going to be for a wee while and I’m excited to see what he brings. I watched Barnsley a few times when they won promotion last season and they looked like a good side, playing with a high press.

“If he can instil that in us then maybe we can go out there and perform and get results. We definitely needed a clean break and some new ideas. We’re capable of going on a good run quite quickly if everyone buys into his philosophy and we get it going.

“Let’s hope so, anyway. We’ll be working hard on the training ground with him to try and put all of his plans into place.

“Every single one of us needs to take a long, hard look at ourselves. We have young guys in the team and this is a learning curve for them but this is professional football, it’s a man’s game.

"It’s tough but if they find themselves in the starting XI then they need to step up and perform.”

Bang on the money there MS........let’s see who steps up now

12 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Be amazed if anyone disagrees with his comments.

August Landmesser
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Clearly we're confident that we'll have no case to answer (or a piffling amount to pay) or we wouldn't have appointed him.

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Will it be a "hard press" conference or just a normal one?

You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference 😀

Adam_the_legend
Just now, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I can’t see jamboinglasgows post.....

What does it say?

Barnsley taking legal action. 

26 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

2019 snowflakes? What are you on about? Why wouldn't anyone be impressed?

Just now, JamboMarc said:

No disrespect to Wee Ryo but if Barry went to meet him at the airport, surely he’s working from Edinburgh Airport arrivals today. 

18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

2019 snowflakes? What are you on about? Why wouldn't anyone be impressed?

"this is professional football, it’s a man’s game."

100% agree.

Barnsley have launched a legal battle to pursue compensation from Hearts for former manager Daniel Stendel.

The SPFL Premiership club confirmed the capture of the German on a two and a half year contract on Saturday evening and will unveil the 45-year-old at Tynecastle press conference on Tuesday.

As Sportsmail first revealed, however, Championship Barnsley believe they are entitled to compensation for Craig Levein's successor.

22006526-0-image-a-132_1575895226097.jpg Daniel Stendel has left Barnsley to take over as the new boss of Hearts in the Scottish top flight Hearts director Ann Budge (right) during last week's match against Livingston

And after days of correspondence finished with Hearts refusing to meet their demands, the Yorkshire club will now take legal action.

Barnsley offered to drop any claim to payment for Stendel's former Oakwell assistants Chris Stern and Dale Tonge in return for a swift resolution of the issue - but have now instructed lawyers to pursue full compensation for any former member of staff who joins the Edinburgh club.

The Wrinkly Ninja
49 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Barnsley taking legal action. 

Cheers

Remarkably your response also revealed the contents of the tweet quoted by JIG! 

I'd hate this if I was a Barnsley man just now, we all remember what it was like to have a mental ******* in charge dragging our name through the mud 

Glamorgan Jambo

The Barnsley chairman feels so confident he has a cast iron legal position he conducts a relentless press campaign. Which is the opposite of the behaviour of someone with a cast iron legal case.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, JamboMarc said:

As it's for the EEN, Barry will just be watching the piece Sky Sports did on him that's on YouTube and passing it off as his own journalistic work. 

This is the minimal standard of dressing I expect from Danny.

Image result for paulo sergio hearts

But I have a feeling he'll be a tracksuit king.

I hope Austin has kept the Burtons receipt for that suit.

Edited by Armageddon