Stendel signs two and a half year contract

Sooperstar

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

So you keep saying 😊

This is a good time for him coming in. 

Got a busy period to assess what he needs in January. 

I was waiting on you acknowledging it 🤷‍♂️

Now you've done it we can move on 

He'll get 2 or 3 in January max 

It will be the summer before he gets the chance to properly overhaul the squad 

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coburg Hearts

• mitch41

• GinRummy

• Armageddon

Great news, particularly so soon after yet another dismal result. 

It feels like a great appointment. Very much looking forward to watching this unfold. 

Also relieved that Levein and MacPhee's influence over first team matters is finally over. 

Possibly the best I've felt on a day that Hearts have lost. 

The rat catcher

6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

So was Hitler 🤷‍♂️

Scorpions and Accept are German

Related image

Edited by The rat catcher

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Great news, particularly so soon after yet another dismal result. 

It feels like a great appointment. Very much looking forward to watching this unfold. 

Also relieved that Levein and MacPhee's influence over first team matters is finally over. 

Possibly the best I've felt on a day that Hearts have lost. 

We don't know about McPhee yet. One criticism aimed at him while he was Hannover was that while he was a great motivator and his teams playing attacking football, his overall tactical analysis was lacking. It may be that he finds he wants McPhee to stay for that side of things.

2 hours ago, bn jambo said:

3iqv08.jpg.b96e96ed3892d098413768027c982bc5.jpg

*YOU’RE

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Attention Attention to all Jambos

You’re team needs you this saturday

Tell everyone you know the Gorgie Boys are back for real

Let’s fill our home and make some noise

All 

*YOUR

Honestly. It’s not that bloody hard.

Just watching MotD.

Two teams utterly transformed by a new man in charge.

Big Dunc at Everton made men of mice and the Special One has made footballers of a bunch uninterested prima donnas. 

I believe. 

Because I often fail to keep up, I thought the St J game was on Wed.  I now know of course that he has the best part of a week to get to know them and get his ideas across.

Will be really interesting to see who he picks and how he sets them up.

Really hope the weather is decent and a big crowd turns up to welcome him.  Also hope no one on here starts to judge him till at least the end of Feb.

I think the players should trick him into thinking they are French by saying ...”good moaning” Allo Allo style on the first day of training.  

Great news.

apols not read the whole thread

who said this was gonna happen - dazajambo or the other guy(s)

Whatever - 100% appreciate snippets from all folk who are willing to share

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You know the words 😉🇱🇻🇱🇻!! 

The Rezillos do a great version 😉

Coburg Hearts

Another interesting comment from Ewan Murray. 

Final point (for now) on Stendel. A Hearts board member asked me at St Mirren game what I knew about him. Very little was answer (hence nothing to do with me!) but his reply interesting: "We keep hearing about experience of Scottish football. Does that mean beaten by Harthill?"

🇱🇻

He's good mates with Per Mertesacker. Any decent Arsenal youngsters we can pinch on loan in January?

Edited by Normthebarman

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Because I often fail to keep up, I thought the St J game was on Wed.  I now know of course that he has the best part of a week to get to know them and get his ideas across.

Will be really interesting to see who he picks and how he sets them up.

Really hope the weather is decent and a big crowd turns up to welcome him.  Also hope no one on here starts to judge him till at least the end of Feb.

St Johnstone  Sat home 

Celtic following Wed home 

Hamilton following Sat away 

Hibs following Thur home 

Aberdeen following Sun home 

5 cracking games for him and the fans and all winnable . 

Suppose it's a bit like a snowball , a win in the first game is a must tbh . 

39 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

We don't know about McPhee yet. One criticism aimed at him while he was Hannover was that while he was a great motivator and his teams playing attacking football, his overall tactical analysis was lacking. It may be that he finds he wants McPhee to stay for that side of things.

Fair enough, Norm. 

If Stendel decides to keep McPhee on as a coach then fine. 

My relief is more that we won't have another game with the latter in charge. 

7 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Final point (for now) on Stendel. A Hearts board member asked me at St Mirren game what I knew about him. Very little was answer (hence nothing to do with me!) but his reply interesting: "We keep hearing about experience of Scottish football. Does that mean beaten by Harthill?"

🇱🇻

Also interesting to read that our plan B, if we couldn't get Stendel, was none of the managers quoted as being interviewed. Apparently in employment but not Robinson. 

8 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

He's good mates with Per Mertesacker. Any decent Arsenal youngsters we can pinch on loan in January?

Don’t need anymore lightweights, thanks. 

::troll::

43 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Feck the fancy tactics and set plays - give us a motivated team playing attacking football. 👍

44 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Aye because McPhee is brilliant at that sort of thing.........

11 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

🇱🇻

Well that was my quote! So Hearts board members read JKB really???

9 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Aye because McPhee is brilliant at that sort of thing.........

Michael O'Neil seems to think so. 

It's possible he may be excellent at compiling reports on the opposition and analysing their players and team, but lack the ability to exploit that data himself, or motivate or communicate to players effectively how to exploit the other team. 

I'm not saying that is the case but if it is, it would make sense for Stendel to utilise MacPhee's particular set of skills if he finds them beneficial. 

I'll trust Stendel’s assessment of whether Austin is required or not. If he feels there's no need to chase him out, I'll trust his judgement. 

Edited by Normthebarman

Coburg Hearts
5 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Well that was my quote! So Hearts board members read JKB really???

That quote is from the 9th November, so the board member must have read it on here before that date. (not sure if you're entirely serious)

Coburg Hearts
12 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Also interesting to read that our plan B, if we couldn't get Stendel, was none of the managers quoted as being interviewed. Apparently in employment but not Robinson. 

Wonder who it was? Rules out Pochettino. haha

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

just watched this interesting to find out about his style. Very passionate guy

Their chairman's body language watching him as he talks is quite interesting 

6 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

That quote is from the 9th November, so the board member must have read it on here before that date. (not sure if you're entirely serious)

I am not aware of anyone else ever using that quote. I have used it on many occassions to describe our pitiful mental attitude when playing in Glasgow.

9 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Michael O'Neil seems to think so. 

It's possible he may be excellent at compiling reports on the opposition and analysing their players and team, but lack the ability to exploit that data himself, or motivate or communicate to players effectively how to exploit the other team. 

I'm not saying that is the case but if it is, it would make sense for Stendel to utilise MacPhee's particular set of skills if he finds them beneficial. 

I'll trust Stendel’s assessment of whether Austin is required or not. If he feels there's no need to chase him out, I'll trust his judgement. 

Fair point. I will use my judgement in watching Hearts whilst he has been in charge recently.......

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I am not aware of anyone else ever using that quote. I have used it on many occassions to describe our pitiful mental attitude when playing in Glasgow.

If you're talking about the last part - beaten by Harthill - he may well have read it on here.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, The rat catcher said:

Scorpions and Accept are German

Related image

Christ I feel old - Accept was the first gig I ever went to in the early / mid 80’s.  Back when Scottish football at national and particularly club level was very strong.

Rammstein too, although never seen them.

Just out the work xmas night to this news. Welcome Daniel! 

Glad we can all move on now, as a united support, driving the team on and a fresh start for all the players. 

Looking forward to the next few years!

Jambof3tornado

If its a 2 and a half year deal can we assume this bullshit 5 year rolling plan has been flushed down the cludgie where it belongs?

Be interested to hear what Stendel thinks of the academy prospects coming through.

I'm looking forward to the battle to reach the top 6 and to seeing which players can adapt to what the new gaffer wants.

Reading the various threads on whose out the door, backroom boys, Mrs budge, etc...   How long does the new Manager get to then things around......   End of season?