Bathroom makeover

Cheile

Thinking of having the bath taken out and a walk-in shower installed instead and general bathroom upgrading. Any recommendations for a reliable company/plumber who could do this?

5 hours ago, Cheile said:

Thinking of having the bath taken out and a walk-in shower installed instead and general bathroom upgrading. Any recommendations for a reliable company/plumber who could do this?

You need to think carefully before you remove your bath, although it won’t always reduce the value of your house it can make it harder to sell. Most families want a bath.

The Real Maroonblood
20 hours ago, obua said:

You need to think carefully before you remove your bath, although it won’t always reduce the value of your house it can make it harder to sell. Most families want a bath.

Sold my house with in a week and it didn’t have a bath.

Anyway any new buyer could install a bath if they want.

On 08/12/2019 at 04:42, Cheile said:

On 08/12/2019 at 10:08, obua said:

No suggestions re: tradies, as we're in Sydney

We worked out hat we very rarely had a bath, showering daily with the shower over the bath. Being on the ground floor presented no downstairs neighbour problems with the plumbing. We had the bath removed, walk-in shower installed and created space to take the washing machine from the kitchen. If the only time you use the bath is to keep party booze cool - ditch it.

We had a complete bathroom reno done with the builders  sub-ing the electrician, plumber , painter and tiler.

On 07/12/2019 at 17:42, Cheile said:

My mate is good. Gordon Tait Plumbing and Heating. He's on Facebook.

17 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sold my house with in a week and it didn’t have a bath.

Anyway any new buyer could install a bath if they want.

The fact remains that families with young kids need/want a bath in the house. A place without bath would need to be competitively priced for me to buy it since I would then have to spend a few £k on a new bathroom for an essential.

On 07/12/2019 at 17:42, Cheile said:

We done ours recently, all done through Wickes so they guarantee the work but it was Bain & Sons Joinery from Kirkcaldy that actually done the work.

Wickes will come out and help you do the design work, before you go in and then order the bath/shower, sink, toilet, taps, fittings etc. Wickes give you an estimate that includes the costs for fitting but then the fitters come out and confirm the price and tell you any extra's that are required (other than what we got from wickes we needed tiles (that either Allan Bain can get via trade discount from Topps Tiles or you can buy yourself ) plus we wanted underfloor heating put in so they gave us a price for that too.

Only issues we had were down to the bath being damaged when wickes delivered and that knocked everything out by 3 days waiting on a replacement which then meant the delay ran into nearly 2 weeks as different tradesmen had to be rescheduled, otherwise no complaints.

Just now, IronJambo said:

The fact remains that families with young kids need/want a bath in the house. A place without bath would need to be competitively priced for me to buy it since I would then have to spend a few £k on a new bathroom for an essential.

We totally re-done our bathroom to fit in a bath (L shape with shower above), we tend to use the shower but not the bath but it will be better when we come to sell

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

We totally re-done our bathroom to fit in a bath (L shape with shower above), we tend to use the shower but not the bath but it will be better when we come to sell

In all honesty I only use the shower in the ensuite and I'd really miss a walk in cubicle. If I only had one bathroom I'd need to keep a bath though. The boy thinks the family bathroom belongs to him but he's in for a shock when his wee brother arrives. 

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

You're right. 

Forgot about kids.

It's been that long since mine stayed with us.

The Real Maroonblood
51 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Ripped out a bath for a walk in shower, have a young kid but wouldn’t say we needed a bath at all tbh . 

Iirc kids are not that keen on getting washed.

been here before

Someone on here, I forget who, might still have this beauty going spare...

image.png.22b455eae9da35d2347c52dafda7af00.png.cf7617ba2d46b8e2ed92f69429ab2a8f.png

...a valuable and exciting addition to any contemporary bathroom.

4 hours ago, been here before said:

Someone on here, I forget who, might still have this beauty going spare...

image.png.22b455eae9da35d2347c52dafda7af00.png.cf7617ba2d46b8e2ed92f69429ab2a8f.png

...a valuable and exciting addition to any contemporary bathroom.

:rofl:remember that . Certain it was @Justin Z

Perth to Paisley

Contact Gary McWinney on 07803 264919

Lockie's best pal and a fabulous plumber.

Gary was one of the guys who slept on the pitch after the '98 final.

Rate him highly as a bloke and a plumber.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

My advice would be to do what you want. It’s your house, I assume you bought it to live in, not to resell. 

Spot on.