Budge should leave at the end of the season

DB-14

She has overseen a complete disaster since Neilson left and we should say thanks and goodbye. Utter shambles she has left us with from trusting her pal Levein.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Italian Lambretta
Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Nah. Levein was the problem and she punted him. She deserves huge credit if she gets Stendel over the line.

Did she really 

Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Nah. Levein was the problem and she punted him. She deserves huge credit if she gets Stendel over the line.

Six months too late, some say a year too late.

We are where we are because she didn’t punt him, not because she did.

Diadora Van Basten

Think she has tried to be loyal but it has cost her. She has then tried to make sure she got the best candidate and that has taken too long and she hasn’t been helped by our useless caretaker.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Six months too late, some say a year too late.

We are where we are because she didn’t punt him, not because she did.

Define "punt" he's still playing a big part at the club. It's a ****ing joke. She must think we all zip up the back.

Finally people starting to realise Ann Budge is now becoming an absolute cancer to this club. 

We’ll go down and people will still back her.

It’s Leveins mess.

If/when Stendel happens, i’ll see how he does before coming to that conclusion.

She can change it. Hopefully that Craig fella isn’t within earshot. 

2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Absolute nonsense be careful what you wish for

So when FoH take over she should be in charge?

She has not done a bad job could have been better but... CL did a terrible job. You have to cut her some slack when one considers that although she was the CEO she was relying on the DOF to make the football decisions which was not unreasonable in my opinion.  She could have got rid of CL earlier BUT it  is difficult to blame our present position directly on her. Even now all is not lost we have time with a good man manager who is  given resources to get us out of this position and up the table.

Gorgie Boys are in town.

Oh dear. The Ann club will be along demanding respect. She can get out the club as soon as possible as far as I am concerned. The people who will defend her regardless are beyond a joke at this point. 

Gorgie Boys are in town.
3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Finally people starting to realise Ann Budge is now becoming an absolute cancer to this club. 

Thats the part that bothers me. You can argue all day with these people and its like pissing in the wind.

Not at that stage yet but if we get relegated, the length of time she took to sack him and replace him will be at least partially responsible.

If we get relegated, she should do the honourable thing and fall on her sword.

Gorgie Boys are in town.
6 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Absolute nonsense be careful what you wish for

Why? Serious question.  You made a statement.  Tell us why we should be careful?

Guest ToqueJambo

Eh, naw. If we get Stendel it will be the most exciting managerial appointment since Burley and the most ambitious probably since Jordan, and all thanks to Budge. As others have said she did lean too heavily on Levein and, while they had some good ideas, they made mistakes and stuck to their guns a little too long.

You live and learn. She's a new owner and is allowed to make mistakes. She still has a huge amount of credit in her column. And remember it wasn't Budge who hired planes and tried to get Neilson out. As the OP says, Neilson leaving started the downturn and a lot of so-called fans were as wrong about Neilson (high league positions, lots of goals, tight defence - Neilson oot!) as Budge and others, including me, were about giving Levein longer.

Just now, RudiHMFC said:

Define "punt" he's still playing a big part at the club. It's a ****ing joke. She must think we all zip up the back.

My preference was for him to go after the Cup Final. That’s either resign or told to go !

It didn’t happen and even though we have to pay out the rest of his contract, he should be doing it in the garden !

I completely understand why he is being retained, AB hasn’t got a clue about the footballing side of the business.

Sorry, but there it is.

What leadership?

Seriously. I'm not disputing how well we've done off the field but her leadership of the FOOTBALL club has been utterly non-existent. over 14,000 fans turned up for absolutely no reason tonight. Her failing on the football side are having an impact on the business side. 

We need a ****ing manager Ann. Tell that wee chode from Yorkshire to ****ing sue us and get Stendel in, scarf above heid tomorrow morning. 

Honestly, man. 4 seasons in a row have been an utter waste of time. Building... building to ****ing what?

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Cancer. What a drama queen. 😂

Sexton Hardcastle

Rather ironic take calling for someone to go who overall has done good things to take a gamble on someone else.

Heckling out Neilson worked wonders eh.

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

My preference was for him to go after the Cup Final. That’s either resign or told to go !

It didn’t happen and even though we have to pay out the rest of his contract, he should be doing it in the garden !

I completely understand why he is being retained, AB hasn’t got a clue about the footballing side of the business.

Sorry, but there it is.

To be fair you talk about her not knowing the first thing about the football side of the club... but you could look at a load of other football clubs throughout the entire country and find the same sort of CEO. Loads of them think they know the score but they F it up too! Hmm... major clubs too!

edit... some of them are not too good on the business side either.

Edited by jock _turd

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Indeed.

We can debate here without people losing their shit.

Agree. She’s made plenty mistakes. Particularly the football side, but calling her a cancer is OTT.

We wouldn’t have a football club without this woman.

Shes earned the right to correct giving Levein to much power and time. This appointment upcoming will be her final BIG decision and she is taking the time to get it right. I accept that.

Its been all downhill since Neilson left. And it wasn’t budge who forced him out. It was the muppets in our own support. Probably the ones who now want her gone.

Edited by jambo mark

Just now, jock _turd said:

To be fair you talk about her not knowing the first thing about the football side of the club... but you could look at a load of other football clubs throughout the entire country and find the same sort of CEO. Loads of them think they know the score but they F it up too! Hmm... major clubs too!

Listen, I agree, mate. It looks like a criticism but isn’t in respect of the original plans she had in place. I wouldn’t expect AB to be a footballing genius. 

The only criticism was painting herself into a corner by relying on one man.

SpruceBringsteen

This "the fans forced Neilson out" horseshit is officially now a bigger myth than Naysmith making his debut against Celtic.

5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

Why? Serious question.  You made a statement.  Tell us why we should be careful?

In reply to the above question we should be careful as she has done more good for the club than bad

and also growing the income stream from the non football side

yes there has been mistakes like taking bad advice from Craig Levein and not sacking him after the

cup final but if we manage to recruit Daniel Stendel then I think she would deserve credit 

Just now, SpruceBringsteen said:

This "the fans forced Neilson out" horseshit is officially now a bigger myth than Naysmith making his debut against Celtic.

this.

Just now, jambo mark said:

We wouldn’t have a football club without this woman.

Shes warned the right to correct giving Levein to much power and time. This appointment upcoming will be her final BIG decision and she is taking the time to get it right. I accept that.

Its been all downhill since Neilson left. And it wasn’t budge who forced him out. It was the muppets in our own support. Probably the ones who now want her gone.

That’s a popular myth about Robbie but not one I share. Aye, the balloons hiring planes maybe didn’t help, but he was off to England regardless.

11 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, but there it is.

When he had his heart attack, that was the time to "retire" him.

We missed a golden opportunity.

1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Bullsh!t

so

you not remember the plane or “poodle chat”

Just now, Hairdryer said:

In reply to the above question we should be careful as she has done more good for the club than bad

yes there has been mistakes like taking bad advice from Craig Levein and not sacking him after the

cup final but if we manage to recruit Daniel Stendel then I think she would deserve credit 

Of course she would and would get it from most rational supporters.

17 minutes ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

Oh dear. The Ann club will be along demanding respect. She can get out the club as soon as possible as far as I am concerned. The people who will defend her regardless are beyond a joke at this point. 

I thought they were the Levein defence league. They only wanted respect for Budge and Levein, but not for 1000’s of Hearts fans who have been shortchanged

been here before

Good original thread raisng a lot of new salient points never before discussed. Im glad its the first one I opened after arriving home from the game.

Ill probably dip in and out frequently.

Edited by been here before

Perth to Paisley
22 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

What role is he playing? ...prey tell.

Will he be performing any role come Mag  .intrigued for you to share your wisdom

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Who is your nominee for CEO?

Wait and see who puts themselves forward. I doubt Budge would’ve won many votes if she was standing for FoH. 

31 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

She has overseen a complete disaster since Neilson left and we should say thanks and goodbye. Utter shambles she has left us with from trusting her pal Levein.

Well put,, were in a mess on the park ,,,simply because she gave levein and his boys too much time,,and now were suffering,,,,,

Just now, Boab said:

Listen, I agree, mate. It looks like a criticism but isn’t in respect of the original plans she had in place. I wouldn’t expect AB to be a footballing genius. 

The only criticism was painting herself into a corner by relying on one man.

No disagreement with that Boab ... but she had no real other choice. When the "fans" hounded Neilson out she had CL as DOF and she relied on his input. The only real course open to her when he took up the managers seat was to take away that role and hire another DOF . If she had to do it all again I can bet you she would never give the managers job to CL. Not because he made such an arse of but because he had another hat on while he was doing that job... in fact he had another two hats on while being the manager, that in my opinion was her real mistake she as you said relied to much on CL... I would say that she gave him too many roles to play in the club and that was wrong.

SpruceBringsteen
4 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Bullsh!t

so

you not remember the plane or “poodle chat”

I remember it fine. 10 wee cretins stopped fondling their bumfluff for long enough to stage a pathetic stunt. If that chased Robbie Neilson out of Hearts then he's got the testicles of a housefly.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Hardly made him feel loved did they? Compare and contrast with Barnsley fans treatment of a manager who did a worse job than Neilson was doing with us. Neilson never had us outside the top 3 in 2.5 seasons. Scored goals for fun and had a tight defence. No team hammered us by 5, and we only got 4 past us a couple of times I think. And we scored 3, 4 or more on a quite a few occasions. The real myths are that Neilson had "taken us as far as he could" and played "eye bleeding football".

Gorgie Boys are in town.
7 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

I disagree, but appreciate you taking the time to reply.