Hectormasson

1 hour ago, Morph said:

He’s 17 and is only just having his first bad wee patch of form. Let’s not write him off yet :laugh: 

But this is what Kickback does. One person goes over the top when a young player is played out of position and has a bad game, and before you know it, he's "the worst player to ever play, for us", and we "don't know what anyone ever saw, he never had it to begin with" and "he has gone so far backwards he's now at Hibs". 

It starts off slow, and before you know it, it becomes fact. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yeah, but he'll go back there. We'll maybe only get Hickey for a season. Like a pity ****.

Think you're being unreasonably harsh on the kid, mate. Money matters shit to Manchester City. Or most team's in the Championship for that matter. If they see the potential, they'll pay for it. Despite what us Jock hillbillies think.🙂

Christ they paid out the best part of a million for Meshino as no more than a marketing stunt to help their sister clubs in Japan (allows them to say that if you do well in Japan you can get a move to Man City*), while they rate him as a player they very much doubt he will ever reach 1st team level, dropping a few million on a 17 yr old prospect is nothing to City especially when Hickey would be classed as a homegrown player if he's signed by Jan and see's out his contract (doesn't even need to play a single game in Manchester)

*as told by a city club ambassador

cardboardcutout

Setting aside his form of late it's his lack of pace which will hold him back imo.  sure he has a lot of physical development to come but pace is always obvious and I just don't see him as a full back in England without it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This place is becoming more brutal by the day. We are shite at the moment, the bairn is suffering for it, but he clearly has talent, City know that. He will only get better and better.

He is a boy, he will not be a man for several years yet, same as Cochrane, lets not be writing kids off

Not at all keen on selling players and having them loaned back. Not at all keen on having lots of City loan players here either. What does that make us as a club but an insignificant branch of the Man City franchise used as a training ground for players who may or may not progress. Didn't start paying every  month to give us financial freedom from Rangers and Celtic just to bend the knee to the first English Premeirship Club that comes calling. Develop our own players, try for Hearts men, then only sell if its mutual for both player and club.

Hearts come first, other teams interests a long way after.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Barnsley are on tae plums. They sacked him and the judge will say. :rofl:

Unless football has different rules ( not unusual ) it’s hard to see how they could demonstrate financial loss by him walking away from his contract given he is effectively on garden leave  

4 hours ago, Meadows said:

Hickey doesn’t have an agent , I believe his dad negotiates on his behalf . 
Levein possibly acting as double agent ? 

I know a captain of a very good Spl team who doesnt have an agent either and does his own deals 

3 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Not at all keen on selling players and having them loaned back. Not at all keen on having lots of City loan players here either. What does that make us as a club but an insignificant branch of the Man City franchise used as a training ground for players who may or may not progress. Didn't start paying every  month to give us financial freedom from Rangers and Celtic just to bend the knee to the first English Premeirship Club that comes calling. Develop our own players, try for Hearts men, then only sell if its mutual for both player and club.

If we are negotiating it then the club must believe it’s in our best interests surely. Maybe we need the cash now to help restructure and/or maybe Hickey has intimated he won’t sign a new contract 

4 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Seems straightforward enough. He's still being paid and Barnsley will want to be paid back. Stendal gets paid until his contract runs out with likely a clause he can't take up another job within a given period - as Spurs have allegedly done with Pocchetino. The only thing I dont get is the tone of Barsley CEO. 

It was reported last week that Stendal had settled his contract with Barnsley and was free to move.

Confused 😕

I would take the £1.5m mentioned, plus a sell on clause for hickey. Think the move would help his development also. We seem to be able to get a player to a certain level (I.e. cochrane) but can't make the next step.

If barnsley are after compensation, which sounds ridiculous if they've sacked him, then we should get someone else in for the rest of the season (robbo?) and move for him again in the summer. 

• redm changed the title to Hickey off to Man City?

As long as we get a good fee then I will be less bothered. If the fee is low then I will be fuming. 

Yes we want to keep players like him for longer but money talks. We are a selling club like the vast majority and this will be the first time in years that we will hopefully get good money for a youth player. Imo he is leaving a bit prematurely but like I said before money talks. 

A good blueprint would be to get around 100-150 games under a youth players belt at first team level then re asses to see if we can sell them on. 

7 hours ago, Sid said:

What fricken justification. How can you berate  Ann on everything football and same breath put her down for helping land a great deal with an experienced Board Member. 

Missing my point which is that if some people think that Craig Levein should be nowhere near the club as he has been sacked then they are justified in seething that he is showing the prospective new manager round the facilities and selling the club to him.

I am not one who thinks this way but get why some would.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Edited by graygo

9 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

No truth in this as Barnsley paid up joe contract last week freeing him up to take a job with no compensation to be paid

I thought that as well but reports suggesting otherwise. 🤔

Bit confusing tbh. 

49 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Kind of agree with that. 

Would be hard to build a settled squad on a longish term basis. 

Might be constant comings and goings. 🤔

lost in space
7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Happy to see him go and improve elsewhere as long as the money is decent and we add in a sell on fee. 

THIS.

He is a great prospect who is not playing well (not his fault). It is no real bonus to have him until the end of the season as he is still learning and will make mistakes.

We need the cash to buy experienced players.

We will never, unfortunately see him at his best.

1 hour ago, alanbauld said:

What do you mean by lots of man city loan players? We have 1 player from city on loan not an entire squad!

45 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Kind of agree with that. 

Would be hard to build a settled squad on a longish term basis. 

Might be constant comings and goings. 🤔

True but we are kinda used to lots of comings and goings

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Simple way round that.

Give them Hickey for free and sell them Steven Mclean for £5m

Or loan him to them for a £5m loan fee with the option to buy him for free at the end of the loan

Tynecastlesmychurch

We should loan him to city for the price we want to sell him for. With the promise that we'll sell him to them at the end of the season for £1 that way Celtic still get 30% of something! 

Heart of Darkness
4 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Simple way round that.

Give them Hickey for free and sell them Steven Mclean for £5m

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cairneyhill Jambo
33 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Sell Hickey for£1 then Man City loan him to us and pay his wages for 3-4 years....Sod Celtic

I'm sure the only reason we were allowed to sign Dave McPherson from Rangers was if we signed Hugh Burns as well.

11 hours ago, farin said:

EDC455C9-83E3-4B84-91F0-203987F0CF1B.thumb.jpeg.cef454008f802e1489c1b6c022358778.jpeg

Seen this earlier about it. 

Levein? She just can’t let go!

Surely no deal should be put together until the new manager runs his eye over the squad and has his say so?

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I know a captain of a very good Spl team who doesnt have an agent either and does his own deals 

Is he a young boy?

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Surely no deal should be put together until the new manager runs his eye over the squad and has his say so?

Perhaps the deal is to fund the new manager ?

Perhaps Hickey wanted Levein there ?

Perhaps Levein isnt involved at all ?

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Perhaps the deal is to fund the new manager ?

Perhaps Hickey wanted Levein there ?

Perhaps Levein isnt involved at all ?

Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Perhaps the one person they didnt mention, Hickey's father wanted Levein there as he trusts him along with himself to look after the boy's own interests. Whether you like him or not. Levein has a wealth of knowledge how football works.

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Is he a young boy?

Not particularly. Has never had an agent since he was twenty.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Perhaps the one person they didnt mention, Hickey's father wanted Levein there as he trusts him along with himself to look after the boy's own interests. Whether you like him or not. Levein has a wealth of knowledge how football works.

My main point was as we are seemingly very close to appointing a new manager would it not be courteous to let him assess our squad first before selling our best young talent?

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

The horrible way social media is being used against a fellow Hearts fan, one of the best  players I have had the privilege to watch and a man who fought to ensure Hearts survival is truly shocking. The many ejeets on KB who have followed this line should hang their heads in shame. Please, no replies from keyboard warriors.

1 minute ago, Independence said:

The horrible way social media is being used against a fellow Hearts fan, one of the best  players I have had the privilege to watch and a man who fought to ensure Hearts survival is truly shocking. The many ejeets on KB who have followed this line should hang their heads in shame. Please, no replies from keyboard warriors.

You’re getting one.....😂

Pep said they will not buy any defenders in January. “No, nope. I don’t want any new players in January”.

If the story is true, Levein is a paid employee of the club. He has no involvement now in first team affairs, so if she’s happy to use him for things like this, I don’t see the issue.

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My main point was as we are seemingly very close to appointing a new manager would it not be courteous to let him assess our squad first before selling our best young talent?

Maybe he has giving his approval. Anyways if you believe everything you read we are selling him to city to be immediately loaned back. So young Arron(a) isint physically going anywhere yet.

Edited by John Findlay

23 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Tbf, Man City probably asked for him to be there to explain how he has fkd up one of their promising youngsters they sent to us.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Maybe he as giving his approval. Anyways if you believe everything you read we are selling him to city to be immediately loaned back. So young Arron(a) isint physically going anywhere yet.

I would doubt Hickey would be part of the negotiations going by the complexity of attracting DS to Edinburgh, compensation, back room staff, etc.

Just now, Independence said:

You really need to get out more!

Stunning response.

6 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Pep said they will not buy any defenders in January. “No, nope. I don’t want any new players in January”.

If the story is true, Levein is a paid employee of the club. He has no involvement now in first team affairs, so if she’s happy to use him for things like this, I don’t see the issue.

City sign loads of young players all the time. And sell most of them a few years later. 

Nothing to do with Pep and the first team squad. 

1 hour ago, the general said:

True but we are kinda used to lots of comings and goings

😄😄 Aye that's very true as well tbh. 

29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Jesus when is this man going to go away 😅😅

Still reliant on him is Mrs B. 🙄

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

When is a sacking not a sacking.......

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Seems a bit silly to me, personally. If you relieve a manager of his duties, you should pay him up, and both parties can get on with their future imo. Fair enough if he’s been offered, and agreed to take another role at the club, but I don’t think that’s the case here.

Like we did with Levein? Maybe they wanted to give the new man a bit of space. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

Was there not something said about Man City signing him in January so he would be classed as a homegrown player for them? 18 month loan back would be great with a big sell on fee.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was there not something said about Man City signing him in January so he would be classed as a homegrown player for them? 18 month loan back would be great with a big sell on fee.

And raises cash to pay off Barnsley?

Calebs Grandad

Fairly possible that bringing in Stendel and his coaching team plus paying off MacPhee, Kirk, Fox etc will be partially or mostly financed by selling Hickey to Man City and may explain the delays in announcing the new manager.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Wilson said:

And raises cash to pay off Barnsley?

Possibly, and pay off the four remaining first team coaches. We might still get compensation for Macphee 🙏?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hopefully when the new SD comes in his help won’t be required anymore and he can disappear and let the new guys get on with sorting out the mess he’s left at first team level.