• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy Doody Jambo

Celtic will also be wanting a cut from any fee we get 

Edited by Still Tynie

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Sell him then loan him back. Helps fund our ‘transition’ to Stendel. Not beyond the realms of possibility. 

Good idea 👍🇶🇦🇶🇦

letsalldothebeattie
56 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Daily mail reported this , ? Any truth in matter ? Along side Barnsley want money from hearts if stendel signs......?

No truth in this as Barnsley paid up joe contract last week freeing him up to take a job with no compensation to be paid

Coburg Hearts
28 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

No truth in this as Barnsley paid up joe contract last week freeing him up to take a job with no compensation to be paid

They seem to be pretty sure they have a case. Hope you're right.

Barnsley have written to Hearts demanding money for the appointment of Daniel Stendel.

The German is poised to put pen to paper on a deal to succeed Craig Levein. And Tynecastle owner Ann Budge hopes to have the 45-year-old signed and sealed before Wednesday night's home league clash with Livingston.

Despite being relieved of his duties in October, however, Stendel is still on the payroll of the Championship club.

And with the two parties yet to agree a final severance package, Barnsley chief executive Paul Conway has contacted Hearts seeking compensation in return for releasing Stendel.

'We still have a valid contract with Daniel Stendel until the end of the season,' Conway told Sportsmail on Monday. 'There is already a tampering issue with us concerning his existing contract.

'And if anybody else is tampering with our rights, we are going to expect compensation.' 

Conway admitted Hearts have yet to respond - but insisted that he will take legal action to pursue the matter if necessary.

'Hearts have our letter and we have notified them and, if they want to hire Daniel, that's fine, that's their choice,' said the Oakwell chief. 'But they either pay us now or we will file a claim against them. And if any club wants to fight it, we will win.' 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Cue the seethe about Levein being there. With some justification to be fair.

Wonder if he's on a cut of any Academy sell on's? 

1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Barnsley have written to Hearts demanding money for the appointment of Daniel Stendel.

The German is poised to put pen to paper on a deal to succeed Craig Levein. And Tynecastle owner Ann Budge hopes to have the 45-year-old signed and sealed before Wednesday night's home league clash with Livingston.

Despite being relieved of his duties in October, however, Stendel is still on the payroll of the Championship club.

And with the two parties yet to agree a final severance package, Barnsley chief executive Paul Conway has contacted Hearts seeking compensation in return for releasing Stendel.

'We still have a valid contract with Daniel Stendel until the end of the season,' Conway told Sportsmail on Monday. 'There is already a tampering issue with us concerning his existing contract.

'And if anybody else is tampering with our rights, we are going to expect compensation.' 

Conway admitted Hearts have yet to respond - but insisted that he will take legal action to pursue the matter if necessary.

'Hearts have our letter and we have notified them and, if they want to hire Daniel, that's fine, that's their choice,' said the Oakwell chief. 'But they either pay us now or we will file a claim against them. And if any club wants to fight it, we will win.' 

Barnsley are on tae plums. They sacked him and the judge will say. :rofl:

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Cue the seethe about Levein being there. With some justification to be fair.

What fricken justification. How can you berate  Ann on everything football and same breath put her down for helping land a great deal with an experienced Board Member. 

11 minutes ago, Sid said:

What fricken justification. How can you berate  Ann on everything football and same breath put her down for helping land a great deal with an experienced Board Member. 

Ex member 

If the Daily Mail told me it was raining outside I'd put me speedos on an go and have a sunbahe. Fascist rag.

As for Levein going to Manchester he probably knows the lad a lot better than Ann TBF so no problem with that at all

3 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Seems straightforward enough. He's still being paid and Barnsley will want to be paid back. Stendal gets paid until his contract runs out with likely a clause he can't take up another job within a given period - as Spurs have allegedly done with Pocchetino. The only thing I dont get is the tone of Barsley CEO. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Seems straightforward enough. He's still being paid and Barnsley will want to be paid back. Stendal gets paid until his contract runs out with likely a clause he can't take up another job within a given period - as Spurs have allegedly done with Pocchetino. The only thing I dont get is the tone of Barsley CEO. 

Why was he placed on gardening leave and not sacked. There’s the bit I’d like to know. If Barnsley didn’t want him to do the job he was contracted to them to do, then why keep him on the payroll and not stop paying him, allowing them and him to move on?

Barnsley CEO comes across as a bit of a dick.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Why was he placed on gardening leave and not sacked. There’s the bit I’d like to know. If Barnsley didn’t want him to do the job he was contracted to them to do, then why keep him on the payroll and not stop paying him, allowing them and him to move on?

Sacked managers usually stay on the payroll until their contract is paid up. I don't see Stendal's situation as being unusual in that regard.  Again there may be a clause about future employment.  I agree the Barnsley guy sounds a right tosser in that piece. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Sacked managers usually stay on the payroll until their contract is paid up. I don't see Stendal's situation as being unusual in that regard.  Again there may be a clause about future employment.  I agree the Barnsley guy sounds a right tosser in that piece. 

Seems a bit silly to me, personally. If you relieve a manager of his duties, you should pay him up, and both parties can get on with their future imo. Fair enough if he’s been offered, and agreed to take another role at the club, but I don’t think that’s the case here.

42 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Hickey doesn’t have an agent , I believe his dad negotiates on his behalf . 
Levein possibly acting as double agent ? 

00 064?

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

So much for him not having anything to do with first team affairs.

This. 

If true we should all be going mental the now. Levein GTF you parasite. 

This may be a daft question but, if Man City want to hit Hickey, why are they not sending reps to Edinburgh? Why are we going down there?

Was Hickey with them to have a look around?

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This may be a daft question but, if Man City want to hit Hickey, why are they not sending reps to Edinburgh? Why are we going down there?

Why do they want to hit him?

:wink: 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

May be more than sale of Aaron Hickey.. 

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

TBF is he lives in Barnsley, it’s enough to make a Saint angry 

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Is it really worth if for a rookie with no previous exposure to Scotland and no real desire to he here? II would look elsewhere. 

I'd be surprised if City would want Hickey after the past month or so, hes been quite poor. 

Definitely has potential but really fear he is going to go the way of Cochrane and his progression will stall.

3 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

I'd be surprised if City would want Hickey after the past month or so, hes been quite poor. 

Definitely has potential but really fear he is going to go the way of Cochrane and his progression will stall.

He’s 17 and is only just having his first bad wee patch of form. Let’s not write him off yet :laugh: 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

If the Daily Mail told me it was raining outside I'd put me speedos on an go and have a sunbahe. Fascist rag.

As for Levein going to Manchester he probably knows the lad a lot better than Ann TBF so no problem with that at all

😂

7 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

I'm sure they have based their assessment 9ver the past month when the team have been absolute shite right enough.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Would kind of blow Meshino's arrival out the water too.

"Hearts were crap last season, and chances are they'll be worse this one too. Enjoy yourself, Ryo."

Hickey has been a rare nugget of sweetcorn, in amongst the giant pile of shite.

He’s also been horrendously managed.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to read that Hickey and his family asked Levein to be part of any discussion with City. 

Can see Levein being part of EU trade deal talks at this rate. Truly a hero of modern times

19 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Was Andy Robertson the finished article at 17/18??  Behave man!!  Hickey is having a drop in form and if I’m honest, needs a wee spell out of 1st team action to recover and build up again. The boy has class and that’s what the big teams will see. He will go down south and get polished into a gem of a player. 

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Can see Levein being part of EU trade deal talks at this rate. Truly a hero of modern times

Maybe Levein is due a cut of the Hickey sale :ninja:

Edited by kila

5 hours ago, Pagey said:

Wonder if he's on a cut of any Academy sell on's? 

I doubt it but you can be sure it’ll become fact by the end of the day!!

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Haha. 

John Gentleman
2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Seems straightforward enough. He's still being paid and Barnsley will want to be paid back. Stendal gets paid until his contract runs out with likely a clause he can't take up another job within a given period - as Spurs have allegedly done with Pocchetino. The only thing I dont get is the tone of Barsley CEO

Typical grim, combative Yorkshire tone, no?

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, Still Tynie said:

Celtic will also be wanting a cut from any fee we get 

Simple way round that.

Give them Hickey for free and sell them Steven Mclean for £5m

45 minutes ago, Morph said:

He’s 17 and is only just having his first bad wee patch of form. Let’s not write him off yet :laugh: 

45 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's ****ed. :lol: 19 out of 21 games or something played. He needs rested, or yes, he'll be burnt out. 

He's still outperformed more of his more "experienced" team-mates in that time. Which tells you more about the child(as he is) as a person & future prospects, imo.

28 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Was Andy Robertson the finished article at 17/18??  Behave man!!  Hickey is having a drop in form and if I’m honest, needs a wee spell out of 1st team action to recover and build up again. The boy has class and that’s what the big teams will see. He will go down south and get polished into a gem of a player. 

Easy now, all I said was I'd be surprised if Man City, one of the best teams in Europe, were after him given he's been poor for us recently.

I'm not saying hes not a classy player but come on, hes hardly looked like a player that would make it to a top 4 EPL side has he? 

Hes got massive potential but he needs a spell out of the team, not least for his own confidence. Have no doubt a better manager will get more out of him.

We all got very excited about Cochrane remember...

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'll take it from my side:

Man City aren't wanting him immediately. It's doubtful he'll ever play for them in the 1st team, given the competition.

They will however, help him develop & improve to levels beyond what we could ever hope to achieve here. He could be loaned out to their feeder teams in Holland, like Zinchencko was, for example. 

Then, 4 or 5 years down the line given the false market in England, he could be sold to a lower level team somewhere, for upwards of £10 million easily. Why? Because he's British & he'd potentially be a Manchester City player, & developed further by their World Class Academy.

City are playing the numbers game here, not looking to start him next year at United.

They're talking about loaning him back to us so that kind of ends that 😆

I get what you're saying but I really cannot see City paying the kind of cash we are talking about for Hickey right now.

Maybe someone in the premiership will one day. Maybe.

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'll take it from my side:

Man City aren't wanting him immediately. It's doubtful he'll ever play for them in the 1st team, given the competition.

They will however, help him develop & improve to levels beyond what we could ever hope to achieve here. He could be loaned out to their feeder teams in Holland, like Zinchencko was, for example. 

Then, 4 or 5 years down the line given the false market in England, he could be sold to a lower level team somewhere, for upwards of £10 million easily. Why? Because he's British & he'd potentially be a Manchester City player, & developed further by their World Class Academy.

City are playing the numbers game here, not looking to start him next year at United.

Yup - and even in the worst case scenario where he never fulfills his potential the money they spend on him will be pocket change to them anyway. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to read that Hickey and his family asked Levein to be part of any discussion with City. 

That was my first thoughts too. Outside of the idiots in our fan base, most people who deal with the man seem to respect him when it comes to such things.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yeah, but he'll go back there. We'll maybe only get Hickey for a season. Like a pity ****.

Think you're being unreasonably harsh on the kid, mate. Money matters shit to Manchester City. Or most team's in the Championship for that matter. If they see the potential, they'll pay for it. Despite what us Jock hillbillies think.🙂

I would be very happy to be proved wrong mate.

Our annual turnover is about £14m so a £5m sale of a player would be unbelievable for us.

• redm changed the title to Hickey off to Man City?