• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Cruyff Turn

• We_are_the_Hearts

• JamboAl

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Was Austin not confirmed for this role last week by an ITK poster?

Hope not, we need shot of this loser. We don;t want an SD that won't judge the manager on trips to Glasgow

I would have Austin in there. 

He may not be the best option as a manager, but I think SD would suit his abilities very well. 

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, sim said:

I would have Austin in there. 

He may not be the best option as a manager, but I think SD would suit his abilities very well. 

What are these?

9 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hope not, we need shot of this loser. We don;t want an SD that won't judge the manager on trips to Glasgow

I will need to find the thread. It was apparently confirmed a while back. 

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Now that (it seems) the Manager is Stendel, who is likely to be SD, if not McPhee?

Alan Irvine, perhaps?  Neil Warnock?

Maybe the role won’t exist if stories re Stendel are true. Not sure he wants an SD. 

In the absence of any sort of job description, I'd like to see us re-evaluate whether the role is really necessary. 

An academy manager to look after the ... um ... academy and a competent football administrator (one who ensures we only play correctly registered players, for example) should be able to cover most of the requirements. 👍

31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe the role won’t exist if stories re Stendel are true. Not sure he wants an SD. 

His both jobs as head coach have been working under a similar structure so not sure why not? 

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The SD role won’t be judging the manager. 

We_are_the_Hearts
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The SD role won’t be judging the manager. 

"The director of football is answerable to the board but there to assist the manager. He's experienced in football and there to help the board members who don't have that experience."

So we don't want someone saying we can't judge the manager on trips to Glasgow. We need someone who along with the manager is looking for continual improvement and no fear. 

7 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

"The director of football is answerable to the board but there to assist the manager. He's experienced in football and there to help the board members who don't have that experience."

So we don't want someone saying we can't judge the manager on trips to Glasgow. We need someone who along with the manager is looking for continual improvement and no fear. 

Unless I'm misunderstanding your point you are quoting 2 different roles there.

A director of football will have a different remit from a sporting director.

8 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Austin has all the attributes needed for the SD role.

He has loads of contacts in the game and has been responsible in bringing most of our better players to the club.

It would be a mistake to judge him on his results as an Interim manager as SD is a totally different role. 

He wouldn't be taking the training or have any say in match preperation  so any of the  rumoured issues with the players wouldn't occur.

28 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Not sure where you got the quote for the DOF role or it’s relevance to our SD role??

We_are_the_Hearts
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He has loads of contacts in the game and has been responsible in bringing most of our better players to the club.

It would be a mistake to judge him on his results as an Interim manager as SD is a totally different role. 

He wouldn't be taking the training or have any say in match preperation  so any of the  rumoured issues with the players wouldn't occur.

Better with a fresh start, why have an employee who isn't liked by half the players and a lot of the scouts? Fresh start required.

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure where you got the quote for the DOF role or it’s relevance to our SD role??

Let's be honest Job titles can be anything, I know that from my own work. It's the same role

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Better with a fresh start, why have an employee who isn't liked by half the players and a lot of the scouts? Fresh start required.

Being liked isn’t usually the biggest factor in recruiting senior roles. 

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Let's be honest Job titles can be anything, I know that from my own work. It's the same role

It’s definitely not. The Manager/head coach reported to the DoF previously. If the SD role goes ahead both will report direct to the CEO. 

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

One point to consider is would  Stendel mind if Austin, a key part in the last regime , being kept on as SD . 

I’m sure that would have been discussed if it was likely to happen. 

5 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Good idea.  This site is so full of  critics and experts, we should utilise that potential and no doubt save a heap o dosh into the bargain.

I would demand a competitive salary and permission to punt any staff member I want, then we may begin to push up the table 

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I would demand a competitive salary and permission to punt any staff member I want, then we may begin to push up the table 

You’re fired!!

We_are_the_Hearts
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s definitely not. The Manager/head coach reported to the DoF previously. If the SD role goes ahead both will report direct to the CEO. 

Budge has no clue about football so will be leaning on the SD. Or still phoning Levein. Doesn't matter what the job role and objectives say.

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Budge has no clue about football so will be leaning on the SD. Or still phoning Levein. Doesn't matter what the job role and objectives say.

Ok, I get your position on this. 👍

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ok, I get your position on this. 👍

It's pointless arguing with someone who has such a fixation.

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's pointless arguing with someone who has such a fixation.

It's not arguing, that's what you do. It's called debating and being mature enough to understand folk have a different opinion from JamboAl. You should try it 👍

3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Exactly, clean break from all existing coaching staff barring Kirk and Rankin who haven’t been involved in this clusterf. uck.

goodbye Macphee, Levein, Daly, Fox and Gallagher.

50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure that would have been discussed if it was likely to happen. 

Could be one of the reasons while discussions are still on going , but it's all guess work I suppose . 

You could be right 👍

The manager works under the DOF and reports to him.

Mrs Budge said the manager AND the SD would both report to the CEO. 

So there is a difference.

I meant to add the SD does not have a seat on the board , the DOF did have a seat on the board.

Edited by luckydug

We_are_the_Hearts
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The manager works under the DOF and reports to him.

Mrs Budge said the manager AND the SD would both report to the CEO. 

So there is a difference.

I meant to add the SD does not have a seat on the board , the DOF did have a seat on the board.

Thanks for the clarification. Due to what has went before I have my suspicions but it would be really refreshing to have that clean start with new roles.

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

I hope 'punt' is not a euphemism!!  ;)

6 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

I thought Ann said, in her post Levein-sacking interview, that the SD had to be appointed before a manager.

That was certainly her plan...then. 

9 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

I thought Ann said, in her post Levein-sacking interview, that the SD had to be appointed before a manager.

could still happen...............

Budge added: “What I’m saying is that I want to appoint a sporting director as soon as possible, it could be Craig who fill that role on an interim basis while we look at it.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/11/04/hearts-owner-admits-she-could-seek-craig-leveins-opinion-over-manager-and-sporting-director-vacancies/

She did state it could be Levein a few weeks back

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Who are all these better players he has brought to the club? Our recruitment has mostly been disastrous.

Our development of in house players not much better.

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

BOOM! Thats the mic dropper, right there!

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

That was when she was hoping AMs pitch for the mgr role wouldnt fold like a well oiled deckchair. Now she has to find another way of retaining him by dragging it out.

6 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Imagine the carnage if Stendel wanted Levein as SD!

The only way that would happen is if Stendel has no idea who he is and what he has achieved in football as a Coach and if AB insisted it was part of the deal.