Austin McPhee bookies favourite to be next Northern Ireland boss

WalterEgo

7 minutes ago, Armadale Jambo said:

We will take the compensation from Irish FA, then we can pay off Fox and Daly - DONE!

Genius. 😎

16 minutes ago, Armadale Jambo said:

We will take the compensation from Irish FA, then we can pay off Fox and Daly - DONE!

That’s why Ann is dithering.  Method in her madness. 

4 minutes ago, Stephen_East said:

Would be very surprised to see this happen. Astonished in fact.

He’s very very well thought of in the NI FA. 

Just now, DarioHMFC said:

Heard the sportsound interview with O'Neill to be fair - some coaches better suited to the international set up and he glowing reference he received - although partly based on addressing the character assassination from Willie Miller - was positive

alwaysthereinspirit
15 minutes ago, Armadale Jambo said:

and people say Ann doesn't know what she's doing. GIRFUY. She's a dastardly genius. She's easily a number 3 in SPECTRE. 

MarkDevriesScores4

And meanwhile, while we are all waiting to see what happens and for a new manager, we sink closer to relegation. Hope the wait is worth it Ann.

14 minutes ago, jambonian said:

So Michael O'Neill didn't fancy him as his assistant at Stoke then? Interesting!

He appointed his original assistant. 

12 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I wonder if he will have a dual role and be SD with us as well?

Lets hope not and the role goes to someone who merits the post. 

Arthur Morgan
41 minutes ago, Armadale Jambo said:

Please make this happen! 

Would be shocked but it’s a win win situation for us. Compensation = cash and no MacPhee = success 

Edited by Famous 1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

I keep hearing this about him but am yet to see a single thing which justifies it

5 hours ago, Armadale Jambo said:

Pint of Carlsberg on me.

5 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

And meanwhile, while we are all waiting to see what happens and for a new manager, we sink closer to relegation. Hope the wait is worth it Ann.

We are no closer than we were before the Rangers game. We’ve only won 4 times or so at Ibrox in the last 30 years....what were you expecting?  They’ll beat most teams this season unfortunately.

Not that that takes away from the position we’re in but at least be honest about things.

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He was at the Snow Patrol gig tonight.  Lets hope he got offered that NI job (apologies to 9ur friends across the sea).

"Just say yes"

Ricardo Shillyshally

I heard Stephen Thompson talking about the prep work he done on us for the wee cup final against st Liedown. It would appear Austin, like Cathro is very good at this, but most other evidence suggests neither can translate this to success as a front line  manager.

13 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

You’re a glass half empty kinda guy eh?

Would be very surprised if this happens - does he have any experience as a (non-assistant) manager other than two caretaker roles with us? Surely that doesn't land you an international managerial job... 

This character assassination of Mcphee in my opinion is a bloody disgrace. Yep, we have done crap lately and he is part of that all, no doubt about it. 

How the hell does he get more abuse than these players who are pissing about pretending to be professional footballers. 

The amount of other managers, players etc who talk Mcphee up and give him high praise are all talking mince of course, but here on Kickback we know hes useless, should never be near a team, what does he do, blah blah blah. 

Nobody should have to put up with abuse like that, the name calling from some here, its just very distasteful. Dislike him, don’t rate him, fine, but don’t say he doesn’t know what hes doing. Too many on here have obviously played too many football games and think they know everything. The man has started at the bottom and has worked hard to get to where he has I’m sure. 

I would have no issue Mcphee being SD as long as the new manager is onboard. Being an  National Assistant Manager means he will have travelled around the world, and I’m sure he has a lot of good contacts. Whatever you think about him, he knows more about football than 99.99999% of us. 

8 minutes ago, daftie said:

This character assassination of Mcphee in my opinion is a bloody disgrace. Yep, we have done crap lately and he is part of that all, no doubt about it. 

How the hell does he get more abuse than these players who are pissing about pretending to be professional footballers. 

The amount of other managers, players etc who talk Mcphee up and give him high praise are all talking mince of course, but here on Kickback we know hes useless, should never be near a team, what does he do, blah blah blah. 

Nobody should have to put up with abuse like that, the name calling from some here, its just very distasteful. Dislike him, don’t rate him, fine, but don’t say he doesn’t know what hes doing. Too many on here have obviously played too many football games and think they know everything. The man has started at the bottom and has worked hard to get to where he has I’m sure. 

I would have no issue Mcphee being SD as long as the new manager is onboard. Being an  National Assistant Manager means he will have travelled around the world, and I’m sure he has a lot of good contacts. Whatever you think about him, he knows more about football than 99.99999% of us. 

You're right mate and I hope he gets the SD job.

I think some of the clowns on here will self combust if they don't have someone to hate.

13 minutes ago, daftie said:

Wow, you're very aptly named, was that yer mum ?