Who are you voting for?

Nobreath

Who are you voting for?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you planning on voting for?

• SNP
    • Labour
    • Conservative
    • Lib Dems
    • Green Party
    • Brexit Party
    • Another
    • Not decided yet
    • Nobody

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 22:00

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• ri Alban

• Ray Gin

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
On 03/12/2019 at 00:10, Zlatanable said:

Labour. 

One of the biggest mistakes I have ever made in my life, was when I didn't vote Labour.

I learned from that, and will vote Labour every time I get to vote from here on in.

From my pov, long-term, the only choice. 

Just because you didn’t vote them it didn’t mean labour didn’t win. 
Literally makes no difference man. 
Personally I won’t be voting this time. I actually can’t stand any of them, I want them all to lose. 
Horrendous choices everywhere. I just DGAF atm.
Whatever🤷🏽‍♂️

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Personally I won’t be voting this time. I actually can’t stand any of them, I want them all to lose. 
Whatever🤷🏽‍♂️

Vote these ####s out. 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Vote these ####s out. 

I like his stuff. 
Johnson will be PM tho. 
The end of the UK can’t come quick enough. 

14 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Why open a thread called Who Are You Voting For?

I didn't open it or start it.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I didn't open it or start it.

Impressive that you managed to read and post on a thread you have never opened. 

16 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Impressive that you managed to read and post on a thread you have never opened. 

I'm a man of many talents.

17 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Whatever🤷🏽‍♂️

C'mon Jackie, we need ye. We need to GTF away fae Wm, Now!!! The treasury knows brexit is gonnae hit Scotland hard, but they DGAF whatsoever. As for the working class Tory voters, Turkeys and Christmas.

We can get shot of the SNP post Independence, but as it stands, they're the only way. It's time!

History is most definitely repeating itself.  Wind back to the late 70s when the working class protest vote swung to the Tories, blind to Thatcher’s manifesto but very much open to the “ah, **** it, it can’t be worse” mentality.  What followed was one of the worst decades for the working class since the war.  Industry wiped out permanently and the gap between rich and poor widened.  It took 18 years to get the Tories out last time, and many in the 60+ generation constantly remind us about that.  The irony is that the same generation of the working class are walking us into this again, because of a referendum that most of them didn’t care about until Cameron shat it out.  And why? “Ah, **** it, it can’t be worse”.

Turkeys voting for ****ing Christmas!

24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Great post. Totally nailed it. The northern English racists who voted for Brexit will reap what they have sewn.

Pig ignorant planks who will vote for that feckin rimjob. 

The trouble is, everyone else will suffer too. I have never voted SNP in my life. This time ? I probably will. 

That’s where I am.  The tide has turned and I’ll most likely be voting SNP for the first time as well.  Independence is a small sacrifice for another 5 years of this shit.

39 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That’s where I am.  The tide has turned and I’ll most likely be voting SNP for the first time as well.  Independence is a small sacrifice for another 5 years of this shit.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Great post. Totally nailed it. The northern English racists who voted for Brexit will reap what they have sewn.

The trouble is, everyone else will suffer too. I have never voted SNP in my life. This time ? I probably will

Well done lads. It's the obvious choice. UK is not in good place, politically IMO. 

4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

History is most definitely repeating itself.  Wind back to the late 70s when the working class protest vote swung to the Tories, blind to Thatcher’s manifesto but very much open to the “ah, **** it, it can’t be worse” mentality.  What followed was one of the worst decades for the working class since the war.  Industry wiped out permanently and the gap between rich and poor widened.  It took 18 years to get the Tories out last time, and many in the 60+ generation constantly remind us about that.  The irony is that the same generation of the working class are walking us into this again, because of a referendum that most of them didn’t care about until Cameron shat it out.  And why? “Ah, **** it, it can’t be worse”.

Turkeys voting for ****ing Christmas!

Most of my English pals are working class people and almost all of them are voting Tory and voted leave. Totally bizarre but think reading the sun has frazzled their brains

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Most of my English pals are working class people and almost all of them are voting Tory and voted leave. Totally bizarre but think reading the sun has frazzled their brains

If you put them on the spot and ask them why they voted Leave I guarantee you not one of them will be able to provide any logical argument other than a rant about control and independence.  Remain is a proven position, the problems of the last decade had nothing to do with EU membership, in fact without it the banking crisis would no doubt have been worse and effected the most vulnerable in a worse way than it has.   

It's a pity you can't alter your choice on this poll. I voted 'Nobody', but have since changed my mind.

Edited by Lemongrab

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

It's a pity you can't alter your choice on this poll. I voted 'Nobody', but have since changed my mind.

I made my mind up last week I wasn’t going to vote and I’ve almost totally checked out this election. 
I’ve felt calmer since i decided to do that too. 
I just can’t vote for anyone this time. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I made my mind up last week I wasn’t going to vote and I’ve almost totally checked out this election. 

C'mon Jack.

Your country needs you! Vote SNP. :thumb:

On 08/12/2019 at 13:01, jonnothejambo said:

The trouble is, everyone else will suffer too. I have never voted SNP in my life. This time ? I probably will. 

I hope you don't mind me pointing it out, Jonno, but it's reap what they have "sown" i.e. seeds rather than needlework.

Me too, in a way. This is the second time I have ever voted SNP. There's too much of a disconnect between English and Scottish politics now, and I refuse to stand idly by while England pulls us along the path of narrow-minded xenophobia.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I was in that boat but have changed my mind. I’ll vote Labour but the important thing for me, and I hope for the majority of people, is to look beyond the figureheads of the parties. 
Look beyond Corbyn and Johnson and look at what you think the parties will do in power. 
It’s a no brainer. The Tories have to be defeated or we are on a terrible path.
Please vote.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

I was in that boat but have changed my mind. I’ll vote Labour but the important thing for me, and I hope for the majority of people, is to look beyond the figureheads of the parties. 
Look beyond Corbyn and Johnson and look at what you think the parties will do in power. 
It’s a no brainer. The Tories have to be defeated or we are on a terrible path.
Please vote.

👍🏼

I P Knightley

I'm in my 50s. I've voted in the past for the Tories when I had an unpalatable Labour candidate who, to be fair, engaged in constructive dialogue with me when he became my MP.

More recently, I've voted Labour because I've had an excellent constituency MP.

I've voted LibDem in Euro elections.

I have no allegiance to any party but I'll be voting Labour this time in the hope that there's a hung parliament and the leaders of at least Labour and the Tories are made to walk the plank. Labour, with a decent leader, should be able to see off a Johnson/Raab/Gove/Javid-led Conservative party for a while and focus on things that actually matter in the country. 

I'd have voted against independence for Scotland under Salmond's lies and pipe-dreams. If the UK has a JohnsonTory government, I'd be supporting any escape route youse guys can fashion for yourselves. I might even be eligible for a passport :D 

Anybody but the Tories for me.

Luckily for me the Tories will not win in my constituency so I don't have to think about tactical voting. 

Labour or SNP I'm not fussed, although I'll probably vote Labour as my current Labour MP is a damn sight harder working, according to most accounts, than the previous SNP MP.

Edited by Nobreath

Working class Tories boggle my mind. Its not like many folk actually have the money to meaningfully benefit from their cuts and we've got Brexit shoved down our throats because the tories had an argument with themselves. To see so many constituencies in Scotland with high tory votes is pretty saddening. Even if you're not in favour of independence surely Corbyn or Swinson are candidates far more worthy of your vote?

If Brexit doesn't bring home the blatant democratic deficit Scotland will always face as a part of the UK nothing will. You can argue semantics about economics till you're red in the face but I really don't think anyone is qualified to comment with absolute authority on the matter. Both sides are biased to make it sound either sunshine and daisies or greece 2.0. All I can do is look to other similar sized countries that don't have some of the unique advantages we have and think that it can't be impossible. 

Will be voting SNP. 

According to John Curtis, Labour is not the working class party anymore. They're the party of the young.

Edited by ri Alban

4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Please don't vote for the SNP.

Its a fairytale. 

Postal vote - already done, Zlat. I'm looking forward to being back in the EU in a few years' time. I'm an internationalist, egalitarian, society-minded person, always have been. An increasingly self-serving and insular UK is no longer for the likes of me, but I strongly suspect an independent Scotland will be. Exciting times ahead.

Just now, Zlatanable said:

Irn-Bru-Kool-Aid it is then. 

Ta for replying. 

Malt-Whisky-Kool-Aid for me, and a fine one at that too. :D As some on here may have seen in my previous posts, I was anti-independence before Brexit and voted "No" in the independence referendum. Perhaps it illustrates how harmful I consider the effects of Brexit to be, both economically and socially, that I am now wanting independence so that Scotland can take its place as an outward-looking and welcoming member of the international community. We'll see if I get my wish or not.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who will vote tomorrow for getting out there and taking part in our democracy. And thanks to everyone who has been debating here. And that includes you too, Zlat, even though we have differing political viewpoints.

Bridge of Djoum
On 02/12/2019 at 08:11, Ray Gin said:

It's a private poll. 

Sounds like my mate, Kamil Brogdczyk. Boy  never goes out. 

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

#indyref and #brexit are indistinguishable. 

Mindless, factless, perfect futures.

For me personally, #indyref is a reaction to #brexit, aiming to rectify the damage brought on by the former.

So, not indistinguishable at all in that regard, almost opposites.

There is, of course no perfect future. But you do have to decide what sort of of country you want to live in and vote to try and make it so. I've already explained that the sort of country the UK is currently moulding itself into is less attractive to me than the one I think Scotland can be.

But I'm not voting SNP because of that. I voted SNP as the strongest anti-Brexit party in my constituency.

20 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

#indyref and #brexit are indistinguishable. 

Mindless, factless, perfect futures.

May I recommend the Magician saga by Raymond Feist? You are on the biggest fantasy kick I've ever seen tonight, so there's some suitable literature for you.

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Hi Justin Z, 

So you are familiar with fantasy?

#indyref and #brexit

I am indeed, and you are a budding fantasy author in the making based on your posts this evening.

Be sure to check out the DragonLance series by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, too.

'Neale Hanvey was suspended as the SNP's candidate in Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath after accepting that he had used anti-Semitic language on social media.'

. . . therefore let's lie to people and tell them that marking his name on the ballot will be counted as a spoilt vote.

Sound. Knock me over with a feather that you would endorse this behaviour, I for one am shocked beyond belief.

So you support a Scottish Nationalist that was suspended for making anti-semitic remarks? 

Like you don't think an anti-semite ought to be just dropped as an option for an MP, because Scottish Nationalism comes first?

Go ahead and show me where supporting the proper observance of election law equates to supporting a candidate properly suspended by his party for making anti-semitic remarks after the postal vote deadline.

Right, you can't, because you're a fantasist who cannot engage his brain when it comes to anything related to the SNP. And you support the breaking of election law. Cool. Two wrongs make a right.

The truth is, I shouldn't have even dignified your bullshit loaded question with a response.

4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Instead of your fundamentalist Scottish Nationalism, and your keen interest in fantasy, have you ever considered moral philosophy?

:rofl: Yes, the American fundamentalist Scottish Nationalist. Classic.

Nice BBC article with nothing but a Labour accusation with zero evidence, but unlike Laird, who may very well be directing her canvassers to do this and denied it without ever responding to the request for reassurance she was not, Sturgeon dignified the accusation with the proper response, that it would be dealt with if substantiated, not least because he's no longer the SNP candidate.

Go to bed. And lay off the sauce.

Edited by Justin Z

3 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Yet you are supporting a candidate that has been suspended from @theSNP for making anti-semetic remarks

And yet, you vote Labour.