Who are you voting for?

Nobreath

Who are you voting for?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you planning on voting for?

• SNP
    • Labour
    • Conservative
    • Lib Dems
    • Green Party
    • Brexit Party
    • Another
    • Not decided yet
    • Nobody

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 22:00

Who are you planning to vote for on December 12th?

It will be interesting to see just how varied our political leanings are.   It’s a private poll so you can be honest. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• ri Alban

• Ray Gin

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is only one party to vote for in Scotland that are Scottish and have our best interests at heart. Don't agree with everything but the SNP at least stand up to the establishment but not enough at times. 

Why would anyone who lives in England choose to vote for Lib Dems with that stupid women Swinson in charge?

I know labour arent the best with Corbyn but surely a better choice than swinson. 

Anyways I'll be voting SNP

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why would anyone who lives in England choose to vote for Lib Dems with that stupid women Swinson in charge?

I know labour arent the best with Corbyn but surely a better choice than swinson. 

Anyways I'll be voting SNP

Beats voting for the Tories, especially in any constituency where the Liberal candidate has a better chance of winning than the Labour candidate does.

SNP, because they have the anti-Tory/anti-Brexit candidate most likely to win in my constituency. I would have gladly voted for Labour/the Lib Dems/Green/a potted plant if I felt they had the biggest chance of winning against the Tories where I am.

46 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

It's pretty obvious to see how this thread will go.

Correct, the majority of posters, just like the majority of Scottish football fans, support the SNP. Tough for the vocal minority unionists on here

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Correct, the majority of posters, just like the majority of Scottish football fans, support the SNP. Tough for the vocal minority unionists on here

And so it begins.

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The party you vote for isn't necessarily the one you support, not in a first-past-the-post system.

Anyway, you sound pretty ungracious. People are entitled to their views.

Edited by redjambo

4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Completely sweeping statements unsupported by evidence.

If only there were some kind of poll at the top of the page that could confirm or rebut such a claim.

25 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Completely sweeping statements unsupported by evidence.

A wee clue, there is a poll here which supports my sweeping statement.

North Berwick Jambo

Myself & my entire family (some of whom used to be long time Labour & Conservative voters) will all be voting for the SNP. 

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

The party you vote for isn't necessarily the one you support, not in a first-past-the-post system.

Anyway, you sound pretty ungracious. People are entitled to their views.

If course they are. Just meaning that the unionists are a lot more prevalent in the politic threads than SNP posters, while poll after polls show they are a minority

12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

If course they are. Just meaning that the unionists are a lot more prevalent in the politic threads than SNP posters, while poll after polls show they are a minority

To be fair, the polls still show a fairly balanced split in the desire for independence. In fact, they have been predominantly, albeit often marginally, against independence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_on_Scottish_independence

Edited by redjambo

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Can't understand people not bothering to vote at all.

I can. I will vote. Seriously conflicted, though. Only one party I’ve ever voted for but I think the leader is an absolute clown. I cannot even countenance voting for any of the others, though. 

Politics is an utter shambles at the moment. The choice is so bad I can understand why some people would choose not to vote, or couldn’t be arsed. 

Edited by Peebo

I'm voting conservative. I want scottish independence but I don't agree with helping the poor, giving foreign aid, open immigration or giving women upto 30k because they have to work upto 65. 

16 minutes ago, XB52 said:

A wee clue, there is a poll here which supports my sweeping statement.

No, all it shows is who we will be voting for in the forthcoming election. Not who we "support" (see Jeff's answer above and my voting intention, for example), nor whom the "majority of Scottish football fans" (why does that matter?) support. So rather than extrapolating the results of this limited poll into statements and tired arguments about independence (which I support, by the way), can we just focus on what people are going to vote and why?

13 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I can. I will vote. Seriously conflicted, though. Only one party I’ve ever voted for but I think the leader is an absolute clown. I cannot even countenance voting for any of the others, though. 

Politics is an utter shambles at the moment. The choice is so bad I can understand why some people would choose not to vote, or couldn’t be arsed. 

Surely there's always a preference, or at least a party you really don't want to win. 

Imagine your constituency had been a stronghold of one single party since the beginning of time. Imagine that your MP used to be the Prime Minister and will landslide it. Imagine that the party would you would vote for was currently full of imbeciles. Imagine that your backup party had a manifesto that would make you choke on your cornflakes.

It'll be dark and cold outside when I'm available to vote and I'm going to stay home and be toasty instead.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Surely there's always a preference, or at least a party you really don't want to win. 

There is a preference. I just think the leader is also a prick! 

Multiple parties I desperately don’t want to win. 

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

Imagine your constituency had been a stronghold of one single party since the beginning of time. Imagine that your MP used to be the Prime Minister and will landslide it. Imagine that the party would you would vote for was currently full of imbeciles. Imagine that your backup party had a manifesto that would make you choke on your cornflakes.

It'll be dark and cold outside when I'm available to vote and I'm going to stay home and be toasty instead.

Nothing will change if nobody bothers to try and vote them out. 

If tactical voting wasn't necesssry I would probably vote Lib Dem, and probably still will. But, in my constituency it is a straight fight between the Tories and the SNP (both appalling options) and therefore I am considering voting for the lesser of two evils in the SNP.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Why?

Edit: sorry already seen you've answered this 👍

Edited by Taffin

13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I disagree.

The entire nation should stay in their houses and refuse to cast a single vote until the parties start acting for their public and not their own selfish desires.

The whole system is a broken mess.

I haven't seen anything from any party that makes me want to put a mark next to their name.

The options on the sheet for voting should read "shower of lying *******s 1,2,3,4" 

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I disagree.

The entire nation should stay in their houses and refuse to cast a single vote until the parties start acting for their public and not their own selfish desires.

I haven't seen anything from any party that makes me want to put a mark next to their name.

The options on the sheet for voting should read "shower of lying *******s 1,2,3,4" 

What about a "None of the above" option in elections? If it wins, all the candidates in the constituency have to be replaced and new parties/independents allowed to join the poll.

19 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Whilst I can't argue with that sentiment you would realistically have to move out all the town's residents and replace them with others. Out of 58,239 votes Theresa May picked up 37,728. That means that she easily smashed the accumulative effort from everyone else. Her nearest rival was 26,457 votes away with 11,261. 

The "every vote counts" nonsense is patronising in the least.

7 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I disagree.

How are you going to tell the parties what it is you actually want by doing that?

Whilst I can't argue with that sentiment you would realistically have to move out all the town's residents and replace them with others. Out of 58,239 votes Theresa May picked up 37,728. That means that she easily smashed the accumulative effort from everyone else. Her nearest rival was 26,457 votes away with 11,261. 

You really think she won't take a hit after her disastrous run as PM? Even if the gap just narrows, at least it increases the hope of getting her out eventually.

Apathy and thinking 'ach she'll just win anyway' is playing right into her hands.

Just now, IronJambo said:

I have to admit that I wouldn't enjoy voting in a constituency like yours, IJ. Staying at home and being toasty sounds a very attractive option. But then, I've always thought that we should use proportional representation for elections so that most votes might actually count.

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How are you going to tell the parties what it is you actually want by doing that?

Creating posts on JKB?

Just now, Ray Gin said:

You really think she won't take a hit after her disastrous run as PM? Even if the gap just narrows, at least it increases the hope of getting her out eventually.

Apathy and thinking 'ach she'll just win anyway' is playing right into her hands.

She won't even nearly stumble. Whilst I don't like her politics I have to admit she's a fantastic MP. The Tories have held this seat since records began and that's not going to change any time soon. 

She won't even nearly stumble. Whilst I don't like her politics I have to admit she's a fantastic MP. The Tories have held this seat since records began and that's not going to change any time soon. 

There have been a couple of "close" runs though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maidenhead_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

I have to admit that I wouldn't enjoy voting in a constituency like yours, IJ. Staying at home and being toasty sounds a very attractive option. But then, I've always thought that we should use proportional representation for elections so that most votes might actually count.

I'd leave my living room with a polling card in my hand if we had PR. I voted for Lord Buckethead last time.

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

When have the parties ever actually listened and delivered?

I'd leave my living room with a polling card in my hand if we had PR. I voted for Lord Buckethead last time.

:D I did notice that you had some interesting candidates last time out. One advantage of having the PM as one of the candidates.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There have been a couple of "close" runs though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maidenhead_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

A majority of over 3,000 is still decent. Lib Dems are probably her biggest challenge (due to their want to reverse brexit) but I can't go near them for this election. 

Just now, IronJambo said:

A majority of over 3,000 is still decent. Lib Dems are probably her biggest challenge (due to their want to reverse brexit) but I can't go near them for this election. 

Why not? They won't have much say in the final outcome anyway, but they will help strengthen the Anti-Brexit side (if that represents your opinion on the issue).

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Why not? They won't have much say in the final outcome anyway, but they will help strengthen the Anti-Brexit side (if that represents your opinion on the issue).

I can't vote for a party that wants to completely disregard a referendum result. 

manaliveits105

When the conservatives win their majority and save brexit and the economy and kick indyref2 into touch we will look back at this poll and laugh 

I can't vote for a party that wants to completely disregard a referendum result. 

Aye, it was an insanely stupid bit of policy to come out with, but they're not going to be the majority party by a long shot. All they can be is numbers on the anti-Brexit side in order to allow for a better deal and a final referendum on the deal vs. no Brexit. It's the side on which they've positioned themselves that counts, not the exact nature of their take on things. I would have different advice if it were Labour we were talking about because they would be the major component of any anti-Brexit coalition.

Anyway, the Lib Dems appear to have realised what a cock-up that piece of policy was and have silently scrapped it:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/liberal-democrats-candidate-layla-moran-says-party-is-going-back-to-plan-a-by-scrapping-pledge-to-a4298926.html

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Anyway, the Lib Dems appear to have realised what a cock-up that piece of policy was and have silently scrapped it:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/liberal-democrats-candidate-layla-moran-says-party-is-going-back-to-plan-a-by-scrapping-pledge-to-a4298926.html

That's hilarious. Jo Swinson was adamant she was scrapping it because it was "wrong".