Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald

upgotheheads

On 24/11/2019 at 21:58, Alec Eiffel said:

We've criticised everyone at the club from Ann Budge down.  It is about time Karen Gibson was criticised for her poor medical skills.

Hearts never had the current standard of injuries when Johnny Cummings treated an injury with a cold wet spounge.  A dab of the "magic" spounge and a player would be up and running in no time.  Get it sorted Ann.

* I have been reading to much Viz letters.

i heard that the back injury he had at hearts, and the physio at dunfermline noticed it straight away!

had gone unnoticed at us! had to send him straight back

serious questions over our medical team! 

7 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Been saying this for a long time. He should have been in the 1st team for last 18months, start building around players like this. Experience and youth but instead CL brings in 30+ players so blocks the pathway. Hopefully new manager gives him a chance as he has something different and will play at a very high level.

He is very injury prone, probably why he's not been a mainstay in the first team.  

6 minutes ago, MooseMich said:

He is very injury prone, probably why he's not been a mainstay in the first team.  

Really, he was fine last season, picked up groin injury at ICT but for 1st part of season played reserves and was in\out of 1st team squads. 

The previous comment about the back injury is the 3rd time I have heard this, sent to Dunfermline as fit and they sent him back...was out for another 6 weeks. How can Dunfermline medical staff see that and we cant with all the facilities \staff we have.

7 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

“I have had a conversation with Gary Naismith in the past week regarding issues with the two Hearts boys.

“At this moment in time the person I am dealing with is Gary Naismith. Does somebody come in at Hearts and take control? We’ll have to wait and see.”

Would suggest that there is currently no control.

To be fair though, you don't have the best track record for these sort of things. Sean Clare £10k p/w. 

4 hours ago, Steve said:

i heard that the back injury he had at hearts, and the physio at dunfermline noticed it straight away!

had gone unnoticed at us! had to send him straight back

serious questions over our medical team! 

Jesus. 

Assuming thats true and combined with the absolute horror show on the injuries front our physio/ medical team need binned. Too many blunders. 

From what I’ve been told, McDonald has the worst attitude of all the young players at the club so that won’t be helping.

In terms of Cochrane, most of coaching team very disappointed in terms of how he has progressed and the only person that really still believes in him is Levein apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Alex Kintner

12 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

I wonder if Cochrane is suffering due to his growth? He seems to have shot up considerably over the past year or so.

I don't think anyone could be be blamed for getting a bit carried away how good a prospect he was/is either. Some of his performances the season before last were outstanding! Going to toe to toe with the best in the league, coming out on top and scoring and assisting goals.

He's been suffering from growing pains for the last 18 months or so once he gets over them he'll be a great player just have to let nature run it's course

17 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

From what I’ve been told, McDonald has the worst attitude of all the young players at the club so that won’t be helping.

In terms of Cochrane, most of coaching team very disappointed in terms of how he has progressed and the only person that really still believes in him is Levein apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would love to know where this comes from because I have never heard this. I have been to lots of reserve\1st team games and never heard anyone say anything about attitude.

His dad doesnt strike me as the kind of guy who would have that either. I can only summise this is a parent who is unhappy about something.....wont be the 1st time.

If he had a horrendous attitude do you seriously think he would be training with 1st team or playing for Andy Kirk who raves about him. This kid has played 25 times for the 1st team, represented his country numerous times and he keeps getting picked....not bad for a horrendous attitude.

Feels malicious to me, would love someone to come up with examples or is it another of the I heard, guy told me without any 1st hand experience of it.

Ask the families of the kids who he raised all the money for to help with funeral costs etc, trophy presentation nights  donates jerseys to school fundraisers...all freely available on twitter to see...

3 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

I would love to know where this comes from because I have never heard this. I have been to lots of reserve\1st team games and never heard anyone say anything about attitude.

His dad doesnt strike me as the kind of guy who would have that either. I can only summise this is a parent who is unhappy about something.....wont be the 1st time.

If he had a horrendous attitude do you seriously think he would be training with 1st team or playing for Andy Kirk who raves about him. This kid has played 25 times for the 1st team, represented his country numerous times and he keeps getting picked....not bad for a horrendous attitude.

Feels malicious to me, would love someone to come up with examples or is it another of the I heard, guy told me without any 1st hand experience of it.

Ask the families of the kids who he raised all the money for to help with funeral costs etc, trophy presentation nights  donates jerseys to school fundraisers...all freely available on twitter to see...

Don't worry about it..if it does not suit the posters agenda (to whom you were replying) then there is little point in having a debate

He lied in his post and he'll keep it up because he won't want to have been shown up despite the truth being given to him

Of course all this is just what I've been told

25 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Well said

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Cochrane came on at halftime 

So he made a difference then.  For 10 man Partick!

It’s disappointing though how he seems to have regressed.  I had high hopes for him. Hopefully Hickey doesn’t go the same way but still plenty time for him and McDonald.

Just wish people would be realistic. These are youngsters at the start of their career. Give them some time to develop. After all the CL happy clappers repeatedly told us he had sorted out the academy.

On 28/11/2019 at 00:12, Alex Kintner said:

Speaking to Pars mates this week about Cochrane. They don’t rate him and he doesn’t deserve to be in the team apparently. This is a Pars team that is brutal they are saying. 

Indeed very disappointing The progression of Cochrane. Let’s hope just a dip or set back and he still comes good. 

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Speaking to Pars mates this week about Cochrane. They don’t rate him and he doesn’t deserve to be in the team apparently. This is a Pars team that is brutal they are saying. 

Indeed very disappointing The progression of Cochrane. Let’s hope just a dip or set back and he still comes good. 

Yeah he's 18.

Its a tough profession, man. He's still got a big chance. He needs to grab it though.

On 24/11/2019 at 20:28, Bridge of Djoum said:

Levein want him out so he has more time to bet at the bookies as this might give the exchanges slightly more liquidity :D

FOH out let a rich businessman run the club shan taking £5rs off single mums etc when tickets are already scam prices

Budge out need a real owner with a better vision and deeper pockets who allows flares and pyro

Austin out sticking around like a bad smell just reminds us all of leveins last 18 months away to cliftonville or something

John Murray been there too long making mistake after mistake for years wouldnt be out of place at montrose

Daly Fox Gallagher not one of them is high quality compared to other teams counterparts

Burn down the new stand waste of money for only a 1000 extra seats could have built half a stadium with same money

Shite pies & overpriced and no healthy options

Seymour M Hersh
On 28/11/2019 at 00:14, gorgieroar said:

He's been suffering from growing pains for the last 18 months or so once he gets over them he'll be a great player just have to let nature run it's course

Gerrard had the same problems (and I'm not suggesting Cochrane will be anywhere near that level before the usual idiots  jump on the comment) and it probably happens more than we realise. Thing is you keep growing until 21/22 which could mean a few more years for him unfortunately. 

Cochrane is the type of player who could become a very good player with the right coaching. There's no doubting he has the technical ability - it's a case of ensuring he develops the footballing brain to match. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Young players who burst onto the scene unexpectedly do regress,  before they mature and the class reemerges. 

Part of the learning curve 

55 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Young players who burst onto the scene unexpectedly do regress,  before they mature and the class reemerges. 

Yip and some dont re-emerge. That's just football. No teeth gnashing.

Every talented kid who didnt make it will have what if stories, be it their own regret, bad luck, bad coach etc but the fact is it's just football.

We need to become the best at giving these lads the highest percentage chance to convert their talent. We're prob not there yet but we're certainly no worse than others from what i see.

10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yip and some dont re-emerge. That's just football. No teeth gnashing.

Every talented kid who didnt make it will have what if stories, be it their own regret, bad luck, bad coach etc but the fact is it's just football.

We need to become the best at giving these lads the highest percentage chance to convert their talent. We're prob not there yet but we're certainly no worse than others from what i see.

The big rich clubs hedge their bets by hoovering up the young prospects, like a Russian trawler, then throwing back the underdeveloped yins. It is all a matter of scale.  It could be that Cochrane and McDonald emerge from their loan spells as better players or they may not make the transition.  Hickey I feel will develop in-situ.

Dale Carrick is still plying his skills albeit at a lower division.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Cochrane started tonight for a change McDonald on bench, hopefully gets on.

Full 90 minutes for Cochrane but McDonald unused sub in a 1-0 win down at Ayr Utd. Hopefully Harry can cement his starting place.

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Kevin Nisbet 34 goals for Raith last season, 4 at the weekend and another tonight for dunfermline. The new Shank?

BBC - The striker headed in a cross from Greg Kiltie on 68 minutes for his ninth goal in five league outings.

Btw that's Dunfermline now up into the play off spots

Good to see Harry start and Anthony back in the fold.

V interesting to see what happens with loanees in Jan.

Guessing Gary Naysmith will have a say, but new manager will want a look at at least some of them, most notably these two and Lee you'd think

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Kevin Nisbet 34 goals for Raith last season, 4 at the weekend and another tonight for dunfermline. The new Shank?

We were linked with him too 🤣

13 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

We were linked with him too 🤣

Liveen turning his nose up at another top international goalscorer in the making no doubt

:seething:

It should have been ten
On 24/11/2019 at 20:28, Bridge of Djoum said:

Levein

FOH out

Budge out

Austin out

John Murray

Daly Fox Gallagher

Burn down the new stand

Shite pies

Five year plan

Cathro

:thumbsup:

Mr Brightside
10 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Good to see Harry start and Anthony back in the fold.

V interesting to see what happens with loanees in Jan.

Guessing Gary Naysmith will have a say, but new manager will want a look at at least some of them, most notably these two and Lee you'd think

I agree the new man would want to review all our players. However, there is no way Lee could play a gegenpress system.

53 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I agree the new man would want to review all our players. However, there is no way Lee could play a gegenpress system.

Wouldn't have thought so, no. He can pick a pass and got a great shot so if the team is full of energy he'd maybe find space and time. Not sure he's any better than Irving and Andy will only get better so not overly bothered though.

12 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That's the sort of young guy we need he seems to be a natural goal scorer which are thin on the ground if we are being honest lads.

On 01/12/2019 at 11:09, Sir Gio said:

I've only seen him in the first team and the only thing Cochrane seems to lack is physicality. Surely that will come ?

Looks like a natural footballer to me 

Just now, johnthomas said:

I've only seen him in the first team and the only thing Cochrane seems to lack is physicality. Surely that will come ?

Looks like a natural footballer to me 

Of course he is. He bossed Brown in that hooped demon game so he can do it with the proper development.

23 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

That's the sort of young guy we need he seems to be a natural goal scorer which are thin on the ground if we are being honest lads.

It is weird how he's flown under the radar on here while everyone was falling over themselves to bow at the feet of Lawrence. Maybe doesn't have a funny enough name? 

On 01/12/2019 at 10:41, Seymour M Hersh said:

Gerrard had the same problems (and I'm not suggesting Cochrane will be anywhere near that level before the usual idiots  jump on the comment) and it probably happens more than we realise. Thing is you keep growing until 21/22 which could mean a few more years for him unfortunately. 

You do realise growing pains have nothing to do with actually growing?

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You do realise growing pains have nothing to do with actually growing?

Obviously I didn't caveat the whole paragraph to defend against idiocy. My mistake. 

6 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

We’ve been keeping very close tabs on Kieran Bowie from Raith over the past six months...