Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald

upgotheheads

I noticed that Cochrane wasn't in the Dunfermline squad against Stranraer yesterday and the last I heard McDonald has been injured for a while.

Any information on these two young prospects? 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, upgotheheads said:

I noticed that Cochrane wasn't in the Dunfermline squad against Stranraer yesterday and the last I heard McDonald has been injured for a while.

Levein

FOH out

Budge out

Austin out

John Murray

Daly Fox Gallagher

Burn down the new stand

Shite pies

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Levein

FOH out

Budge out

Austin out

John Murray

Daly Fox Gallagher

Burn down the new stand

Shite pies

What the **** are you on about?

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

What the **** are you on about?

Just getting these mentions in before anyone else. 

Anyway...

I think we brought back AM from Dunfermline as he was injured, with the Pars admitting they'd signed him injured.

Cochrane I think just not getting game time. 8 games or so I think.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Just getting these mentions in before anyone else. 

Anyway...

I think we brought back AM from Dunfermline as he was injured, with the Pars admitting they'd signed him injured.

Cochrane I think just not getting game time. 8 games or so I think.

OK. I understand that Anthony McDonald had a back injury, any news on that?

Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

OK. I understand that Anthony McDonald had a back injury, any news on that?

McDonald played in the last Reserve game

Edited by Footballfirst

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Newton51 said:

Sounds like the loan manager is working out then 

Pretty sure he has no say in injuries or loan players not getting enough time.

Nice attempt at having a go. though. We need more of that here.

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Pretty sure he has no say in injuries or loan players not getting enough time.

Nice attempt at having a go. though. We need more of that here.

Would agree on the injury but remembered Gary’s interview that we would check how much game time and style of play so they wouldn’t just get left out.

22 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Our loan players don't (generally) play Cup games. 

Being Cup tied maybe the reason. 

Anthony McDonald returned the other week in a game for Hearts reserves. But not back to Dunfermline yet. Below are comments from Dunfermline manager. 

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/dunfermline-manager-crawford-issues-hearts-cochrane-mcdonald/amp/ 

Edited by Mikey1874

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Macdonald was injured before he went there. Dunfermline called Levein saying so but he denied it

Evidence?

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Macdonald was injured before he went there. Dunfermline called Levein saying so but he denied it

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

It's McDonald 

Unless he got injured mysteriously or in training he got injured playing for Hearts Reserves v St Mirren on 27 August though played the full 90 minutes. I'm not sure when the injury was diagnosed. I was at the game. It was very physical from St Mirren but I don't know how he got injured. 

The loan was announced on 30 August. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Sounds like the loan manager is working out then 

I think that is why we need one.  Appointment a tad late to plan for this window. 

Rebound 

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Our loan players don't (generally) play Cup games. 

Being Cup tied maybe the reason. 

Anthony McDonald returned the other week in a game for Hearts reserves. But not back to Dunfermline yet. Below are comments from Dunfermline manager. 

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/dunfermline-manager-crawford-issues-hearts-cochrane-mcdonald/amp/ 

Cup tied would only be applicable if they'd already played in the Scottish Cup for us. 

Unless we're planning on a recall and don't want Harry Cup tied as a result of having played for them. 

Might be something in it

We've criticised everyone at the club from Ann Budge down.  It is about time Karen Gibson was criticised for her poor medical skills.

Hearts never had the current standard of injuries when Johnny Cummings treated an injury with a cold wet spounge.  A dab of the "magic" spounge and a player would be up and running in no time.  Get it sorted Ann.

* I have been reading to much Viz letters.

If they aren't getting a game at a diddy club like Dunfermline they ought to be brought back and playing in our reserves which are probably superior to Dunfermline. Who knows, they could be better than the midfield we currently play.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Would agree on the injury but remembered Gary’s interview that we would check how much game time and style of play so they wouldn’t just get left out.

I’ve no idea on the terms of the loan deal, or whether Gary was in his present role at the time he went to the Pars. I think he was, however. IMO, Harry should be playing more football and is certainly of the standard to get a game there. May be something else in it. I’m not sure I’ll go blaming GN or Levein, though. 

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Levein

FOH out

Budge out

Austin out

John Murray

Daly Fox Gallagher

Burn down the new stand

Shite pies

Easy there fella.

The pies are fine.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Easy there fella.

The pies are fine.

Oh. Maybe it was the chips someone was complaining about recently.

My sincerest, sir.

1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

Cup tied would only be applicable if they'd already played in the Scottish Cup for us. 

Unless we're planning on a recall and don't want Harry Cup tied as a result of having played for them. 

Might be something in it

No one decent on loan plays in the first half before year turns. Ever. 

Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton didn't play for Cowdenbeath. They got beat too. 

Edited by Mikey1874

56 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

If they aren't getting a game at a diddy club like Dunfermline they ought to be brought back and playing in our reserves which are probably superior to Dunfermline. Who knows, they could be better than the midfield we currently play.

Macdonald couldn't play when he was injured. Just back now so will hopefully get game time soon. 

Cochrane has been playing. As another poster said we perhaps asked for him not to play cup games in case we need them later in the tournament.

McDonald now fit and back with Dunfermline,  neither player allowed to play in Scottish Cup in case they got cup tied. Would expect to see both in squad this week against Ayr Utd.

alwaysthereinspirit

Maybe Hickey will be our new Cochrane?

Remind me again how many millions we’re getting from these two. Cart before the horse me thinks.

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sad that it looks like two players with undoubted talent are going to fail at Hearts.

Young players do well and fade, others start weakly and grow. 

I wouldn't write any of them off just yet. None of the lads have physically filled out yet and I think once that happens they'll be able to hold their own better. Irving for example seems a lot more physical than Cochrane in terms of build and I think although we haven't had the same wonder kid heights Cochrane initially hit, Irving has been really consistent and not looked out of place. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Young players do well and fade, others start weakly and grow. 

I wouldn't write any of them off just yet. None of the lads have physically filled out yet and I think once that happens they'll be able to hold their own better. Irving for example seems a lot more physical than Cochrane in terms of build and I think although we haven't had the same wonder kid heights Cochrane initially hit, Irving has been really consistent and not looked out of place. 

hope you’re right

11 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Sounds like Gary Naismith is making a right shop front of things. 

Because they didn't play in the cup at the request of Hearts? 

Macdonald is only just fit now and Cochrane has started regularly recently.

9 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I’ve no idea on the terms of the loan deal, or whether Gary was in his present role at the time he went to the Pars. I think he was, however. IMO, Harry should be playing more football and is certainly of the standard to get a game there. May be something else in it. I’m not sure I’ll go blaming GN or Levein, though. 

Harry is nowhere near the standard many think he is. Has the potential to get there 100% but he’s miles off being anywhere near our first team. My best mate is a pars fan along with some of my in laws, I sometimes fire along to watch them and Harry hasn’t impressed by all accounts. Doesn’t really mean anything not impressing on a loan as Keena for example and Zannatta have always done well on loan but struggled with us. Harry for me is still a year or so away. Harry is a victim of his own success and I am starting to fear Hickey is starting to get a bit of the “Harry’s”. 

I hope we bring MacDonald back in January he’s got ability, rather him in the midfield than aidy white! Cochrane needs games so he can stay put for the season and fight for his place, he’s had it easy now time to step up and show some character.

Cochrane is only a young lad and still developing but his fitness needs to improve considerably as he is a yard or two slow to be successful playing at top level IMO.

11 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

If anything recently he's going the other way

23/11 v Alloa not quoted, presumably to avoid being cup tied
9/11 v Alloa (league) unused sub
2/11 v QoS (league) unused sub

29/10 v Arbroath (league) sub came on 87 min
26/10 v Dundee Utd (league) started and subbed after 61 mins
19/10 v Ayr Utd (league) started and subbed after 51 mins
5/10 v Morton (league) started and subbed after 86 mins

12 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Here's the quotes from Naismith when he took over the role.  I'm guessing he's had good intentions with Cochrane but doesn't seem to have worked out. They signed a similar player to Cochrane in Kyle Turner and seem to prefer him. 

McDonald has had some injury issues which is a bit different. 

“I’m going to have a big input in which club the player goes to. You need to make sure he’s playing at a level that his ability should be playing at; i.e., if it’s too hard then he’s not going to play but if it’s too easy then he won’t learn anything. We’ve got to make sure it’s a club suited to the player, for example there is no point sending a ball-playing midfielder to a team that goes back to front.

“So there is a bit of homework involved in identifying the right clubs and once we do get boys out on loan its then up to me to keep an eye on their progress, manager other scouts who will be working underneath me and make sure we’re covering everybody on a regular basis. Then we can report back to the management team about progress, and some times lack of progress, that players are making.

12 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

He hasn't started regularly. That's the issue.

14 hours ago, JJ93 said:

They are already eligible to play in the reserves and a number of the on loan players do so. McDonald returned from injury to play in the reserves last time out while on loan at Dunfermline. Cochrane hasn't played for the reserves while on loan. I guess it would depend on their loan clubs too though. Eg if their loan club have a training session scheduled same day as the reserves fixture

On 24/11/2019 at 20:28, Bridge of Djoum said:

Levein

FOH out

Budge out

Austin out

John Murray

Daly Fox Gallagher

Burn down the new stand

Shite pies

Your out of order with the pies statement mate! Your no a PHM 

On 24/11/2019 at 23:36, JamboSpur said:

Does it? How so?

I wonder if Cochrane is suffering due to his growth? He seems to have shot up considerably over the past year or so.

I don't think anyone could be be blamed for getting a bit carried away how good a prospect he was/is either. Some of his performances the season before last were outstanding! Going to toe to toe with the best in the league, coming out on top and scoring and assisting goals.

Is anyone else thinking we have built up Cochrane to much and he is just not going to make it at Hearts? I would expect him to have at least done some things of note at Dunfermiline he does not seem to be even playing. 

“I have had a conversation with Gary Naismith in the past week regarding issues with the two Hearts boys.

“At this moment in time the person I am dealing with is Gary Naismith. Does somebody come in at Hearts and take control? We’ll have to wait and see.”

Would suggest that there is currently no control.

On 24/11/2019 at 23:36, JamboSpur said:

I’m pretty sure Naismith was hired after these guys went on loan. I may be wrong though.

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 08:19, Rudy T said:

I hope we bring MacDonald back in January he’s got ability, rather him in the midfield than aidy white! Cochrane needs games so he can stay put for the season and fight for his place, he’s had it easy now time to step up and show some character.

Agree.

Have always rated this lad and he should be given his chance now.

Think he will be one that actually makes it in the game.

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Agree.

Have always rated this lad and he should be given his chance now.

Think he will be one that actually makes it in the game.

Been saying this for a long time. He should have been in the 1st team for last 18months, start building around players like this. Experience and youth but instead CL brings in 30+ players so blocks the pathway. Hopefully new manager gives him a chance as he has something different and will play at a very high level.