Stephen Robinson

ramrod

been here before
3 hours ago, 2205ian said:

I would not fancy going to a Christmas Market in Motherwell SG:whistling:

It's bad enough visiting for a match these days with the nonsense that the fixture is beginning to attract.

The corner where the 2 sets of fans converge was a bit hairy in December despite the police presence!

It really wasnt. Infact as I recall the Mothetwell ramjets in the corner all walked out after a period of time early in the first half. I memtionef it in the match thread at the time but no-one seemed to know why.

Was it just a wee bit noisy for you?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• Leveins Battalion

• Ribble

On 24/11/2019 at 15:12, ramrod said:

Predicting that Ann will panic after Saturdays debacle and will approach Motherwell to speak to him in the next 48 hours . 

Not saying it's a good or a bad thing but can see her going down this route . 

A false prophet!

19 minutes ago, been here before said:

It really wasnt. Infact as I recall the Mothetwell ramjets in the corner all walked out after a period of time early in the first half. I memtionef it in the match thread at the time but no-one seemed to know why.

Was it just a wee bit noisy for you?

I was meaning outside the stadium after the game.

Firecracker thrown & various standoffs between "casuals" of both sides in the streets on route to buses. 

Various incidents over the last few fixtures with fans (loosely speaking) of both sides ending up in Court appearances.

Sorry the above, is crap I can do without when going to football matches.

PS. I experienced worse in the late 60's/70's when buses were continually the subject of stone throwing etc, leading to cold/wet journeys home.

PPS. What I do find "noisy" & unnecessary is the guys with drums thinking they can recreate the atmosphere by German fans!

Edited by 2205ian

27 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

I was meaning outside the stadium after the game.

Firecracker thrown & various standoffs between "casuals" of both sides in the streets on route to buses. 

Various incidents over the last few fixtures with fans (loosely speaking) of both sides ending up in Court appearances.

Sorry the above, is crap I can do without when going to football matches.

PS. I experienced worse in the late 60's/70's when buses were continually the subject of stone throwing etc, leading to cold/wet journeys home.

PPS. What I do find "noisy" & unnecessary is the guys with drums thinking they can recreate the atmosphere by German fans!

We have always had a bit of aggro with Motherwell fans since the seventies especially through there. 😏

On 15/12/2019 at 08:11, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Hopefully this puts a stop to the Ill informed indignation from BBC Scotland about why we "didn't even make an approach" for him

Guaranteed if we had appointed Robinson last month, BBC would be criticising us now for not doing our due diligence 

I wonder if Motherwell will suspend him until after the trial ?

If it was a player then I've little doubt in todays climate that would be the case or a mystery injury would come to light

• 1 month later...

Court Case ongoing this week

Looks like his Burd has withdrawn her accusation, but other witnesses are contradicting her story of events.

ScandinavianJambo
14 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Court Case ongoing this week

Looks like his Burd has withdrawn her accusation, but other witnesses are contradicting her story of events.

The silence in the general press is quite something...

On 16/01/2020 at 23:51, CJGJ said:

I wonder if Motherwell will suspend him until after the trial ?

If it was a player then I've little doubt in todays climate that would be the case or a mystery injury would come to light

He will have the full support of Tam Cowan so should be ok.

I see his missus is doing the old, it was just a big understanding! 

His defence using the Caroline flack in incident to score point too! 

On 16/01/2020 at 20:08, HMFC 86 said:

Guaranteed if we had appointed Robinson last month, BBC would be criticising us now for not doing our due diligence 

The argument with his Mrs isn't the only red flag that would crop up if Hearts were to do due diligence on Stephen Robinson.

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The argument with his Mrs isn't the only red flag that would crop up if Hearts were to do due diligence on Stephen Robinson.

Go on then

2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Go on then

Previous allegations of bullying

Bit of a pattern to his visits to mount florida resulting in him being told another visit and the nature of the offence will not be kept out the papers

Edited by Ribble

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Previous allegations of bullying

Bit of a pattern to his visits to mount florida resulting in him being told another visit and the nature of the offence will not be kept out the papers

Even more puzzling . The offences can , surely , only be football related if being dealt with by the SFA not the police .

What heinous football  crimes are being committed by this man ?

33 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Even more puzzling . The offences can , surely , only be football related if being dealt with by the SFA not the police .

IF true, that would sound like the PFA getting involved and him being reported to the beaks.  So you'd guess going over the line with players as far as threatening behaviour etc.

2+2=? 

FWIW, despite the position we're in, I wanted him nowhere near Tynie.  Very unlikable guy in my opinion.  And not even that good a manager either.

To be unlikable, you need to be brilliant!

Edited by TheBigO

Footballfirst

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-51678004

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson has been acquitted of assaulting his partner in Edinburgh last year.

Mr Robinson, 45, was on trial at at Edinburgh Sheriff Court accused of assaulting Robyn Lauchlan on Waverley Bridge on 13 December.

The football manager had denied the charges against him.

Ms Lauchlan earlier told the trial he had been trying to calm her down while she was upset and she had asked prosecutors not to bring charges.

Sheriff John Cook said it was quite proper that the Crown had brought the matter to court but he was not satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that the alleged offences had taken place.

5 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Sent to the stands twice, both occasions against the same team for the same type of language

5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

IF true, that would sound like the PFA getting involved and him being reported to the beaks.  So you'd guess going over the line with players as far as threatening behaviour etc.

2+2=? 

FWIW, despite the position we're in, I wanted him nowhere near Tynie.  Very unlikable guy in my opinion.  And not even that good a manager either.

To be unlikable, you need to be brilliant!

bullying players was a claim by a player he managed previously and unconnected to his trips to hampden

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Sent to the stands twice, both occasions against the same team for the same type of language

You should change your name to riddle

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

You should change your name to riddle

Does it really need spelt out? Robinson has been sent to the stand twice, both times have been against rangers, both times for the same type of unacceptable language, seeing what I’m getting at yet? If not let’s just say that he doesn’t sit politically and religiously a million miles away from Anthony Stokes and James McLean

1 hour ago, TheGoodLord said:

Girlfriend buckled and behaving like an arse, boyfriend loses his rag. 

Ffs nothing to see hear move on. 

Exactly.  A sensible decision. The Police who frequently complain about lack of resources need to step away from their keyboards and instead focus on the under class that commit the majority of crime. Instead of worrying about whether someone has been "offended" or fashionable "domestic" issues they need to focus on more important matters. Incidentally,  no-one should have the right to go through life without being "offended". 

As it happens, Robinson is a cert to be our next manager if Stendel is lured back south again.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Does it really need spelt out? Robinson has been sent to the stand twice, both times have been against rangers, both times for the same type of unacceptable language, seeing what I’m getting at yet? If not let’s just say that he doesn’t sit politically and religiously a million miles away from Anthony Stokes and James McLean

Why didn't you just say he's made offensive comments against Rangers / protestants or whatever? Saved you plenty hassle. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

4 hours ago, Ribble said:

Yes you should have spelt it out . The only Robinson I know from NI is a loyalist politician .

I , diddy that I am , would have assumed the Motherwell man was of the same persuasion .

I do apologise for not being au fait with these matters

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly.  A sensible decision. The Police who frequently complain about lack of resources need to step away from their keyboards and instead focus on the under class that commit the majority of crime. Instead of worrying about whether someone has been "offended" or fashionable "domestic" issues they need to focus on more important matters. Incidentally,  no-one should have the right to go through life without being "offended". 

As it happens, Robinson is a cert to be our next manager if Stendel is lured back south again.

WTF.

Hello eugenics. 

Says something about this place that you got away with that. 

6 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

WTF.

Hello eugenics. 

Probably because my point had absolutely nothing to do with eugenics.  

ScandinavianJambo
9 hours ago, TheGoodLord said:

Girlfriend buckled and behaving like an arse, boyfriend loses his rag. 

Ffs nothing to see hear move on. 

Do you have experience in the matter?

ScandinavianJambo
7 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

WTF.

Hello eugenics. 

This! Well put.

ScandinavianJambo
On 28/02/2020 at 08:18, BelgeJambo said:

BBC reporting it today

Took a while though. It has been out for weeks and the press has been completely silent. 

4 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Took a while though. It has been out for weeks and the press has been completely silent. 

It was broken weeks ago by the media 

this week was the court case.

Case got dismissed 

20 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

At Oxford

Oldham I'm sure, he was previously manager there. But aye, supposedly bullied a few youth players. Although nothing came of it I don't think.

ScandinavianJambo
16 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

It was broken weeks ago by the media 

this week was the court case.

Case got dismissed 

And...