Stephen Robinson

ramrod

Predicting that Ann will panic after Saturdays debacle and will approach Motherwell to speak to him in the next 48 hours . 

Not saying it's a good or a bad thing but can see her going down this route . 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• Leveins Battalion

• Ribble

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Hope so get him in.Hardly panicking it's been weeks and weeks.

The reason I say panicking is because there has been ample time to make an approach if he was on our radar . 

Hes made it clear he doesn't want any dialogue unless he is first choice . 

I think she will now panic and make contact fairly quickly with him . 

Don't think she will panic.  Very important to get the right people in but who are they.

Wish I knew.

Seems to me that all of the potential candidates have a significant record of failure.

Very concerning.

16 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The reason I say panicking is because there has been ample time to make an approach if he was on our radar . 

Hes made it clear he doesn't want any dialogue unless he is first choice . 

I think she will now panic and make contact fairly quickly with him . 

He may well become first choice as our other first choices become non choices. 

Won’t matter if we get the right man. I’ve been on Facebook and Twitter and apparently Ann Budge has destroyed our once proud club. Irreparably. End times.

31 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Don't think she will panic.  Very important to get the right people in but who are they.

Agreed. If she was the panicking kind, Craig Levein would have been ushered out the door a long time before he actually was.

Edited by redjambo

If we have time restrict ourselves to managers already in Scotland, he would be  the best choice.  

if that is the level of our ambition, though, and we are not casting our net wider, then that is very disappointing, and just shows how incompetent our recruitment personnel are, especially after the time we are taking.   Both this time, and last, where we suddenly realised the best person for the job was the interviewer.  

Edited by Paolo

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Agreed. If she was the panicking kind, Craig Levein would have been ushered out the door a long time before he actually was.

Or brought back tomorrow. 

AlphonseCapone
18 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Won’t matter if we get the right man. I’ve been on Facebook and Twitter and apparently Ann Budge has destroyed our once proud club. Irreparably. End times.

Heart of Midlothian is at the mercy of a dictatorship, according to some zoomers on here.

Edited by AlphonseCapone

6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Heart of Midlothian is at the mercy of a dictatorship, according to some zoomers on here.

Should have been Robinson the 1st day Levein was sacked 

A_A wehatethehibs

As long as it’s not macphee I will be happy enough. We need someone in this week and a new backroom team as well, clear the decks 

Just now, kimosavi said:

Every week we fail to appoint someone the further wee freefall into a relegation fight 

We're already in a relegation fight. However we're only just past a quarter way through the campaign and, imo, it is better that we take our time and get this decision right. The way the league is at the moment, if we get the right guy in then we have plenty of time to steadily move up the table.

4 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

The manager who's team got pumped at the weekend as well? Fantastic! 

His team, on a shoestring budget, have been pumped far less than our team, with the 3rd/4th biggest wage bill in the league.

Who knows what he could do with better players.

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

The manager who's team got pumped at the weekend as well? Fantastic! 

Where to even start with that.Lets appoint a manager who has never lost a game in his career.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, GinRummy said:

His team, on a shoestring budget, have been pumped far less than our team, with the 3rd/4th biggest wage bill in the league.

Who knows what he could do with better players.

Spot on GR.

Captain Canada

Motherwell are doing ok but nothing spectacular. They've lost 6 out of 14 league games and got put out of the league cup by us at home when they played pretty poorly. 

On the plus side, their recruitment seems to have been pretty good since Robinson went there and he's developed a few good young players too. 

It's a mammoth task to transform our fortunes just now and I think I'd prefer someone with more experience such as Warnock, even if it was only until next May. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Motherwell are doing ok but nothing spectacular. They've lost 6 out of 14 league games and got put out of the league cup by us at home when they played pretty poorly. 

On the plus side, their recruitment seems to have been pretty good since Robinson went there and he's developed a few good young players too. 

It's a mammoth task to transform our fortunes just now and I think I'd prefer someone with more experience such as Warnock, even if it was only until next May. 

I’m starting to think (for different reasons) some of our targets have been unrealistic. Robinson would almost certainly want the job.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Looking more likely to be McCall. 

I’d be utterly raging I have to say. Final confirmation of it’s seriously needed that Ann Budge doesn’t have the faintest idea

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t want him back either but his managerial record is much better than Robinson’s. 

doesn’t say much.. 6 weeks only to take Stuart McCall of the scrapheap 😂😆😂what a ****ing joke that would be.

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

It's madness. Can't see any new manager being given a chance by some of our supporters.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t want him back either but his managerial record is much better than Robinson’s. 

I don't know what Robinson's record is like compared to Levein's assuming you are talking about win percentages etc. However with the budget Robinson has had to work on in comparison to Levein's and the money Levein has wasted on non event signings I know who I would rather have .

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The hope with young managers is they will continue to improve. Levein was in the worst run of his career and had no prospect of improving imo.

Couple that with vastly different budgets and comparing their overall records is basically pointless.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

It's madness. Can't see any new manager being given a chance by some of our supporters.

. this is the problem with lack of leadership, the void leaves too much room for discussion.. when we appointed Robbie Neilson there were similar doubts, but the club were clear an decisive and the fans accepted it and got on with it.

this “process” just comes across that we won’t know what or who we need, we’ve all formed opinions which will ultimately be held against the new manager unpess

its Stendel or Warnock who have had near universal support.. 

if we waited 6 weeks to appoint a Stuart McCall there will be meltdown, you’d be lucky if 1 in 10 thinks that appointment would be a good idea

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The hope with young managers is they will continue to improve. Levein was in the worst run of his career and had no prospect of improving imo.

Couple that with vastly different budgets and comparing their overall records is basically pointless.

Possibly. Don’t get the Robinson hype myself. Very much the Tommy Wright, Gary Holt, of this season imo. 

He barely registers on my whelmometer. Handed his arse by Jack Ross yesterday. Not saying tat should rule him out but all this, "Done a good job on a budget" stuff isn't enough for me. Who's to say he could do the same with more money. His recruitment has been better than ours but that's not saying a lot. The definition of meh for me. Would, probably steady the ship and have us playing better but long term we need and deserve better IMO

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Possibly. Don’t get the Robinson hype myself. Very much the Tommy Wright, Gary Holt, of this season imo. 

He’s certainly not my first choice either.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

. this is the problem with lack of leadership, the void leaves too much room for discussion.. when we appointed Robbie Neilson there were similar doubts, but the club were clear an decisive and the fans accepted it and got on with it.

this “process” just comes across that we won’t know what or who we need, we’ve all formed opinions which will ultimately be held against the new manager unpess

its Stendel or Warnock who have had near universal support.. 

if we waited 6 weeks to appoint a Stuart McCall there will be meltdown, you’d be lucky if 1 in 10 thinks that appointment would be a good idea

I agree that if we wait 6 weeks and appoint McCall questions should be asked but if that happens there will surely be good reason. 
We are only three weeks into the six week period though so patience required for just a bit longer. It’s a bit like Xmas, waiting to see what you get!  

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

For once we agree. Just don’t get it. 

Me neither.. overall he’s finished where Motherwell usually finish.. 7th and 8th

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Me neither.. overall he’s finished where Motherwell usually finish.. 7th and 8th

I suspect that’s why he isn’t being considered.