• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwidoug

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

14 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Hopefully we can be as fortunate as last season and avoid SPL opposition once more (including the cup final this time).

And the fourth round. 

1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

Hopefully we can be as fortunate as last season and avoid SPL opposition once more (including the cup final this time).

Did we not beat Livingston? For about the 23rd time in 27 years we were drawn against another premier league side in our first round of participation. We were due a bit of good fortune in the later rounds before the final.

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

God help us if we draw a lower league team.  We’re due a cup upset. 

But it wouldn't be an upset.  At one time maybe but not now.

It would be an upset if we won.😂😂😂😂😂

If we were to get a tough away tie/Celtic or Rangers at home it could plunge the dynamic of this season into further doom and gloom. League cups done, would be out the Scottish cup and Europe is looking outwith our reach. Rest of the season would either be a relegation scrap or trying to finish top 6...

Hopefully an easy home tie to look forward to with the new manager so try salvage something from this season.

5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Not Talbot again, their fans were scummy neddy pricks last season, 12 fingered banjo playing mutants 

Yah, much too neddy for Tynecastle. I for one was appalled.

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Yah, much too neddy for Tynecastle. I for one was appalled.

Haha, I should maybe have explained a bit more 

I was collared about 10 mins before the game finished as I had to run early to catch a train for a planned night out, and these scummy neds (about 6 of them), challenged me to a fight on Dalry Road, thinking they were hard men, they were absolute scum, luckily I was near Bensons and told them a good few mates were waiting there for me and they ended up walking on after some abuse, there were a few more Jambo’s threatened as well I believe. 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Haha, I should maybe have explained a bit more 

I was collared about 10 mins before the game finished as I had to run early to catch a train for a planned night out, and these scummy neds (about 6 of them), challenged me to a fight on Dalry Road, thinking they were hard men, they were absolute scum, luckily I was near Bensons and told them a good few mates were waiting there for me and they ended up walking on after some abuse, there were a few more Jambo’s threatened as well I believe. 

Ach, it happens mate, I wouldn't put the whole club down over that. Every set of supporters has a group of radges.

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Ach, it happens mate, I wouldn't put the whole club down over that. Every set of supporters has a group of radges.

True that, was just caught up in a close situation and I’m too old for that nonsense now, 20 years ago I’d have stood my ground though and probably have been been battered then too :lol: 

alwaysthereinspirit

The way we are playing right now, a home, away, wee team or big team tie will cause us problems. Hate to write that. We are pretty $#!te.

52 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

No believe me they have a majority not a minority. A friend of mine who follows Musselburgh had trouble with a load of em before one game. They also went into the ship inn before one game with Musselburgh and were drinking their own bucky in there and one lesser individual was spotted headbutting a fruit machine............ At 11 in the morning 😂

Footballfirst

Take your pick:

Premiership (12) - Aberdeen, Celtic, Hamilton, Hearts, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Rangers, Ross County, St Johnstone, St Mirren

Championship (6) - Alloa, Ayr, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Inverness, Partick

SPFL1 (6) - Airdrie, Clyde, Dumbarton, Falkirk, Raith, Stranraer

SPFL2 (2) - Edinburgh City, Queen's Park

Lowland (3) - Bonnyrigg, BSCG, East Kilbride

East of Scotland (1) - Broxburn

tbc (2)
Brora/Morton (Highland/Championship)
Arbroath/Auchinleck (Championship/Junior)

Edited by Footballfirst

Thoughts on Ewan Murray's disdain for non league clubs in the Scottish Cup? Just to clarify his lazy journalism point on "don't know the detail this year, haven't looked" is that 0 (zero) clubs have given up home advantage.

image.png.493296cc4141e0879e9da1dd23cd3fec.png

Other background info on the state of non leaguefootball in Scotland (lifted from Pie&Bovril)

Six R3 ties between league and non-league clubs...

• The lowest placed of them, Linlithgow got done 4-1 by Falkirk but were only 2-1 down with 12 minutes to go.
  • Full time Partick Thistle beat tier 6 Penicuik 1-0 at home with a first-minute goal.
  • Brora drew away with full time Morton.
  • Auchinleck Talbot drew with the Championship's fifth placed side, Arbroath, who are the highest placed team in R3, and were 6 minutes from a win.
  • Bonnyrigg beat Montrose.
  • BSC Glasgow won away at East Fife, who are 3rd in L1 and ahead of Falkirk.

So two wins, two draws and two defeats. And tier 6 Broxburn beat Inverurie away too. Penicuik, Broxburn and Talbot had all beaten league clubs to get to this stage. If the big west junior clubs were in it too, it'd be carnage.

Also

Confirmation today's Penicuik support at Partick was 1,322; Hearts at Kilmarnock was 1,131; so Penicuik of the East of Scotland League Premier Division had Scotland's largest travelling support.

Edited by RobboM

We're probably due to draw Celtic/Rangers early doors leaving any potential new manager with a relegation battle to entice him.

🙄😁

AlphonseCapone
6 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Thoughts on Ewan Murray's disdain for non league clubs in the Scottish Cup? Just to clarify his lazy journalism point on "don't know the detail this year, haven't looked" is that 0 (zero) clubs have given up home advantage.

Other background info on the state of non leaguefootball in Scotland (lifted from Pie&Bovril)

• The lowest placed of them, Linlithgow got done 4-1 by Falkirk but were only 2-1 down with 12 minutes to go.
  • Full time Partick Thistle beat tier 6 Penicuik 1-0 at home with a first-minute goal.
  • Auchinleck Talbot drew with the Championship's fifth placed side, Arbroath, who are the highest placed team in R3, and were 6 minutes from a win.

So two wins, two draws and two defeats. And tier 6 Broxburn beat Inverurie away too. Penicuik, Broxburn and Talbot had all beaten league clubs to get to this stage. If the big west junior clubs were in it too, it'd be carnage.

Also

Confirmation today's Penicuik support at Partick was 1,322; Hearts at Kilmarnock was 1,131; so Penicuik of the East of Scotland League Premier Division had Scotland's largest travelling support.

This is what the Scottish Cup should be about imo.

11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Take your pick:

Premiership (12) - Aberdeen, Celtic, Hamilton, Hearts, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Rangers, Ross County, St Johnstone, St Mirren

Championship (6) - Alloa, Ayr, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Inverness, Partick

SPFL1 (6) - Airdrie, Clyde, Dumbarton, Falkirk, Raith, Stranraer

SPFL2 (2) - Edinburgh City, Queen's Park

Lowland (3) - Bonnyrigg, BSCG, East Kilbride

East of Scotland (1) - Broxburn

tbc (2)
Brora/Morton (Highland/Championship)
Arbroath/Auchinleck (Championship/Junior)

Brora would be good , we can all get shifaced at Clynelish before the game.

The Hogfather
8 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Also

Do you think that, should Celtic be drawn away to Bonnyrigg Rose in the next round, the game would be played at New Dundas Park? Where would BSC Glasgow host Hibs, should they be paired together? EM might have disdain for lower league clubs in the Scottish Cup, but his point about teams not being able to host matches at home is very pertinent.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It can only be Celtic away.  Misery compounded. 

After last season we are probably due a stinker. 

Mind you League Cup was as tough as it could be , even in the section.

12 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Brora would be good , we can all get shifaced at Clynelish before the game.

Great shout. Definitely want Brora away now.

19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

We're probably due to draw Celtic/Rangers early doors leaving any potential new manager with a relegation battle to entice him.

🙄😁

New manager will win the tie. 👍👍

2 minutes ago, leginten said:

Great shout. Definitely want Brora away now.

Still got a replay to negotiate against Greenock Morton first.  We haven't played them since 1987.  Wouldn't mind either actually.  

16 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Do you think that, should Celtic be drawn away to Bonnyrigg Rose in the next round, the game would be played at New Dundas Park? Where would BSC Glasgow host Hibs, should they be paired together? EM might have disdain for lower league clubs in the Scottish Cup, but his point about teams not being able to host matches at home is very pertinent.

How important is that though in the scheme of things?

11 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Still got a replay to negotiate against Greenock Morton first.  We haven't played them since 1987.  Wouldn't mind either actually.  

They do. 

Is there a decent distillery near Cappielow?

:mj_zivili:

22 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Honestly I think it is a pretty trivial matter. All the non league teams (bar Auchinleck) have spent a lot of time and money to achieve SFA licensing requirements. They have reached this stage of the cup on merit, Broxburn for example winning through 5 rounds to reach this stage. If, and it's a big if, they get drawn against a club that can't safely be accomodated at their home ground I can't get worked up about a neutral venue for he occassion. Good luck to them.

Just now, RobboM said:

Honestly I think it is a pretty trivial matter. All the non league teams (bar Auchinleck) have spent a lot of time and money to achieve SFA licensing requirements. They have reached this stage of the cup on merit, Broxburn for example winning through 5 rounds to reach this stage. If, and it's a big if, they get drawn against a club that can't safely be accomodated at their home ground I can't get worked up about a neutral venue for he occassion. Good luck to them.

This for me as well. I even went to see Bonnyrigg v Hibs at Tynecastle. Great day out for the town. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

This for me as well. I even went to see Bonnyrigg v Hibs at Tynecastle. Great day out for the town. 

Well this one I was against :rofl:

The Hogfather
41 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How important is that though in the scheme of things?

Not enough to expel anyone from the competition. But it still can create somewhat of a headache. I wasn't massively keen on the idea of letting Hibs have a large portion of our stadium for a cup tie against Bonnyrigg if I'm honest.

29 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I'm not saying anyone should be barred from competing or thrown out because they've a small ground. Just highlighting how these kind of things can create problems as well as solve them.