Black Friday Deals

North Berwick Jambo

North Berwick Jambo

It’s almost that time of year again, anyone got there eye on any decent deals? I had been looking  for a decent brand 75” 4K smart tv for under a grand for a couple of months now, I was going to wait till Black Friday until I found this bad boy in Richer Sounds. Amazing Tv with a stunning picture in 4K & still available at just  £899 😉

https://www.richersounds.com/lg-75-inch-smart-tv.html

Edited by North Berwick Jambo

Budgie's Boyfriend

I've got a Samsung 60'' 4K ,cracking tv but really wanting a 75'' or bigger , been offered £400 for mine but not sure I want to still fork out £500 for a few more inches :thinking2:

1 hour ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

It’s almost that time of year again, anyone got there eye on any decent deals? I had been looking  for a decent brand 75” 4K smart tv for under a grand for a couple of months now, I was going to wait till Black Friday until I found this bad boy in Richer Sounds. Amazing Tv with a stunning picture in 4K & still available at just  £899 😉

https://www.richersounds.com/lg-75-inch-smart-tv.html

What is the model number for that?

12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

What is the model number for that?

If I click the link it gives me 75UK6200PLB in the title of the page

I'm looking for an AV receiver.

Currently looking at the Denon AVRX2600H.  Sitting at £499 just now, but I'm hoping it drops a bit.

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hoping to bag a good deal on a PS4. With the PS5 scheduled for late 2020 I'd imagine there could be some cracking deals to be had.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/sony-playstation-4-with-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-dualshock-4-v2-wireless-controller-bundle-10200402-pdt.html?awc=1599_1574443255_c9f55d47d3036f35f7872615f1f4dab6&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~TechRadar~Editorial Content~103504~Future+Publishing.

Seen Lidle are going to be selling the Digital only Xbox for £129 with a few games.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Cheers but that's pretty much what they have cost for the last wee while. I've been keeping an eye on them.

Argos had it at £210 for the console and CoD about 3 weeks ago, I should have jumped at it then.

26 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Waiting for a GOOD deal on a Samsung Galaxy Active watch.

Be surprised if you get it for less than £170.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Be surprised if you get it for less than £170.

Looking at the older one though, so I remain hopeful!

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Looking at the older one though, so I remain hopeful!

I have the Samsung Galaxy Watch which has the physical rotating bezel. Had it since March time and it is brilliant. Good combo of fitness capabilities and smart looking. 

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I have the Samsung Galaxy Watch which has the physical rotating bezel. Had it since March time and it is brilliant. Good combo of fitness capabilities and smart looking. 

They're upgrading the first Active to a kind of virtual bezel for navigation.

Seems a decent option for my needs.

42 minutes ago, G.Wright said:

Hoping to get a decent deal on a Nintendo Switch for the wee ones Christmas. 

Just be aware that the new Lite version cannot be played on the TV or in 2 player mode without buying extra controllers. 

To make matters more complicated there is a slight variation to the regular switch as well.

This box with the red background is a revised one with much better battery life. The one with the hand has the old original smaller battery. 

new-1200x805.jpg

old-1200x837.jpg

Carl Fredrickson
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Just be aware that the new Lite version cannot be played on the TV or in 2 player mode without buying extra controllers. 

To make matters more complicated there is a slight variation to the regular switch as well.

This box with the red background is a revised one with much better battery life. The one with the hand has the old original smaller battery. 

new-1200x805.jpg

old-1200x837.jpg

Thanks for this advice Hughsie. I am planning on getting a Switch for my kids Christmas and this is VEY helpful

3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

new-1200x805.jpg

old-1200x837.jpg

Cheers for that, I had read something about the change in battery life. Didn't realise how to tell. 👍

fabienleclerq
7 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

new-1200x805.jpg

old-1200x837.jpg

I thought that it was the other way around? The hand was the new one? 🙄

Edited by fabienleclerq
Ignore Hughesie is correct

On 22/11/2019 at 10:49, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

I've got a Samsung 60'' 4K ,cracking tv but really wanting a 75'' or bigger , been offered £400 for mine but not sure I want to still fork out £500 for a few more inches :thinking2:

:cornette:

Салатные палочки
3 hours ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Where?

Very, but I was in Currys this morning and they are the same price. 

Edit. Aye everywhere by the looks of it. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

On 22/11/2019 at 20:17, ...a bit disco said:

They're upgrading the first Active to a kind of virtual bezel for navigation.

Seems a decent option for my needs.

Just get a Garmin if you can afford the extra. 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Just get a Garmin if you can afford the extra. 

And therein lies the problem!

Cheers anyway.

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

And therein lies the problem!

Cheers anyway.

:thumbsup:

Ive got the Fenix 5 and want the 6. 

Its £599. No chance. 

Anyone want to buy  a 5 for £300?..........

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, The Brow said:

Ive got the Fenix 5 and want the 6. 

Its £599. No chance. 

Anyone want to buy  a 5 for £300?..........

:lol:

Was looking at them and thought the same.

On 22/11/2019 at 17:25, hmfc_liam06 said:

Cheers but that's pretty much what they have cost for the last wee while. I've been keeping an eye on them.

Argos had it at £210 for the console and CoD about 3 weeks ago, I should have jumped at it then.

Current employee here. The amount of PlayStations we've stocked up on in the last few weeks is a good 10x what we normally have. Not fully itk but very confident you'll get a good deal soon

33 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Current employee here. The amount of PlayStations we've stocked up on in the last few weeks is a good 10x what we normally have. Not fully itk but very confident you'll get a good deal soon

Cheers mate, looks promising 👍

Carl Fredrickson

Any Amazon ITK folk on here? I am looking to upgrade my now ancient Firestick that I use in my room. It is a few years old and isnt as reliable as it once was. I have an old style Firebox in my living room which is still going strong. 

My thoughts (for what they are worth) is if the new Fire cube is reduced in a BFD to then use that in my living room and move my old box to my bedroom.

Does anyone know if the cube is likely to be reduced or should I just replace my old FS with the 4k one?

Cheers

At the risk of sounding and looking like a total knuckle dragger, since I was about 16 i've wanted a CP goggle jumper. Can't seem to see any that are dropped enough in price no way im paying over £100 for a jumper.

17 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

At the risk of sounding and looking like a total knuckle dragger, since I was about 16 i've wanted a CP goggle jumper. Can't seem to see any that are dropped enough in price no way im paying over £100 for a jumper.

A lucky escape.

Салатные палочки
10 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

It sounds a lot, but it will last you for years.  For the addition of a pair of goggles or a lens, you're going to have to drop over £100 on it unfortunately.  

Flannels have the lens sweaters down to £110.  

15 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Woodhouse or End? Think they have black friday codes

Shanks said no

There are some decent deals on holidays available from Olympic Holidays. First time since TC went bust that I have seen this level of discounting. Example I priced was a week in Paxos for 2 down from £1500 to £1000. Use the Save60 or Save100 promotion code as well at the end and it gives you a further £60/£100pp off

https://www.olympicholidays.com/black-friday/

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Black Friday all hype!!??

Only "1 in 20 deals" are cheaper this week.

Shockeroonie

Of course it is! Same with Boxing Day sales etc.

I worked at Comet during my uni days, in the run up to Xmas you knew which products were going on "sale" by the prices of products. For example, a shitty laptop going for £500 you knew it was going on sale Boxing Day...back down to its original price of £300.

There are some genuine deals out there but for the most part, the above is standard.

Sky are smashing it. Just managed to move my TV and broadband package around and add on sports and movies which will only cost me around £4 per month more. 

highlandjambo3

I am hoping down to Hyde park winter wonderland for a short break..... 2 return flights, 3 nights hotel and hired car all for £230, thought that was good.

On 24/11/2019 at 21:56, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

On 25/11/2019 at 08:57, Salad Fingers said:

It sounds a lot, but it will last you for years.  For the addition of a pair of goggles or a lens, you're going to have to drop over £100 on it unfortunately.  

Flannels have the lens sweaters down to £110.  

I have absolutely no idea what these posts are about.

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

I have absolutely no idea what these posts are about.

The first gentleman would like to buy a pullover that makes him look like a ned. One of those ones with the Goggles stitched in to it.

The second gentleman says they are expensive but will last a while, then refers him to a shop where one may be purchased

9 minutes ago, mutley said:

The first gentleman would like to buy a pullover that makes him look like a ned. One of those ones with the Goggles stitched in to it.

The second gentleman says they are expensive but will last a while, then refers him to a shop where one may be purchased

Ah right. I thought it was some sort of language the young yins use nowadays but no, it was simple.