• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• rick witter

1 hour ago, Archie White said:

Their left back Hamalainan coped with everything (some player) 

For all the nonsense we hear from Scottish pundits about the importance of someone like Levein or other gid fitba men who know the game up here, Alessio pretty much instantly replaced one of our standout players from last season by bringing in Hamalainan and he's been brilliant. Hope clubs continue to broaden their horizons with appointments. 

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, KillieMitch said:

Opposition view: obviously very pleased, but shocking just how much of a job Levein has done on Hearts. 

Fans that see the players every week are best placed to judge, but from the games I've seen guys like Clare, Mulraney, Diakamona, White etc should be nowhere near a Hearts side.

I've taken these two paragraphs from one of your previous posts, and highlighted some wording which sums everything up very neatly and concisely. We are in the process of looking for a new manager now but my hope is there was no potential manager sitting in the stands today watching that as today would have done nothing to provide any confidence a quick (ish) fix is on the cards. It is something I've said for a while now, in as much as I think we've had, at times, a good first 11 (i.e. those you would expect to form the team each week if all fit and available) but the bulk of the squad has provided no replacements in the event of injuries/suspensions. Clearly Austin McPhee isn't the man for the job, but he, like whoever comes in, is inheriting something that has cost a fair bit of money to put together for little or no return.

We need to rebuild almost from scratch, including the designation of people in the right places to take the club forward and I think that could involve the removal of all coaching staff involved at first team level, a massive restructure of the scouting system, including the removal of the chief scout, who is as much use as a wet fart in a nuclear war and a recreation of no one above the football manager on the football side. We have an admin. team who can deal with drafting of contracts following contractual discussions with the football management side of the business. And continue to look to appoint a new manager. and at this point in time we need a manager coming in who pulls absolutely no punches. He/she needs to look at the squad and have no qualms about removing those players who should never have been brought to Tynecastle in the 1st place, just tell them to feck off and look for another club as there is no future for them here.

It is refreshing to read and see that it isn't just some of us who follow HMFC who can see the damage that has been done to the playing side of the club over the last few years, it is a legacy that no one should take any pride from. But also a signal of what happens when one person has too much power at his/her control and little to no accountability.

The draw for the 4th round of the Scottish Cup tomorrow will be interesting, as we do need a draw which will excite the fans, we need to get a decent draw and progress to keep the fans interest going for the remainder of the season. I say that because I don't believe the fix will be instantaneous or even relatively quick. It has taken your manager the best part of 4 months to get Kilmarnock functioning as well as they now are. In 4 months time we could well be out of the cup and doing no more than trying to retain our place in the top division, with or without a new manager and replacement players in  the squad.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Francis Albert

We have plenty of interest to engage us. Avoiding relegation. A cup run would be nice but equally could be a distraction. The denial about where we actually are is bizarre.

3 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

We didn't create chances, we could have scored from a couple of corners after they went in to neutral gear in the second half but we didn't because we are shite.

So we did create chances then.

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So we did create chances then.

No we didn't, we were ****ing shit.

It was telling when hearts fans joined in when the Killie fans were singing "you're ****ing shit" we are dreadful.

Edited by RudiHMFC

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

I always feel that whoever we play seem to be faster at moving the ball than us.

Also seem to have more pace than us in most areas of the pitch. 

Ps was it Bozanic who's poor control led to the first goal? 😟😞

Bozanic has terrible control.in general. 

6 hours ago, KillieMitch said:

Opposition view: obviously very pleased, but shocking just how much of a job Levein has done on Hearts. 

Thought McPhee left Hickey isolated, didn't adjust when he was getting caught then must have done his confidence a knock by taking him off... 

Uche looked totally lost on the wing and Hamalainan was basically using winning the ball from him as a counter attacking on every occasion. 

Was really pleased with McPhee fighting back against the Sportsound nonsense but it looks like he needs away. 

Fans that see the players every week are best placed to judge, but from the games I've seen guys like Clare, Mulraney, Diakamona, White etc should be nowhere near a Hearts side. 

One thing we can all agree on - atrocious from Madden again. Worst referee for controlling a football match in Scotland. Gives both sets of players free reign to dive and waste time. 

Look forward, with some trepidation, to what a good Hearts manager will do with players like Naismith when we play next. 

And again no wee digs at us , just an honest opinion . Wasn’t there but I guess the criticism of madden will be spot on , incompetent ****er . 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

No we didn't, we were ****ing shit.

It was telling when hearts fans joined in when the Killie fans were singing "you're ****ing shit" we are dreadful.

Smith's 40 yarder was our closest chance and that was a misdirected cross.

Dikamona's 50p head didn't help either.

Here's an interesting team that in my opinion would tick a lot of boxes come Jan

Gordon

Smith  souttar  halkett  garuccio

Whelan    cochrane

McDonald   Naismith    Walker 

Washington 

All of a sudden there is the big punt up the park gone. Good attacking \defending full backs, solid passers of the ball in holding roles and a fluid attacking front 4 with great movement and ability. Bringing Gordon in from Celtic may be doable  suppose it depends on wages. Time to start changing the style....Uche as a rw, really....he is bad enough as a striker never mind trying to fit him in somewhere. McDonald  and Cochrane are miles better than whats there and the decision to send them out on loan was a disgrace, think Levein just wanted them out so people would stop asking for them to be played.

As for the bench, well there is plenty to choose from, mix of youth and experience so tfe game can be changed if needed.

Clear the deadwood out, trim squad size right down, dont need 34+ players ffs, especially when half of them arent good enough.  

Opportunity here to start again, to change style, personnel and mentality. The style of football has been painful for 2 years, arguably we were better with Cathro's squad and young players than we are now with all these senior pro's on stupid length contracts.