Craig Halkett

iantjambo

8 hours ago, Barack said:

Is that JiH trying to communicate with me again?

Shame he's on ignore.

As for Washington, yeah I'll be looking forward to seeing him work with Naismith/Meshino/Walker etc. As the runs & positions he was getting into before his injury, were good. Needed one of the above to see him.

Can still see Washington getting double figures before the end of the season. 

i dont see him hitting double figures but agree with the rest. i have a feeling naismith will love playing with him due to his movement

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think that was more down to Berra, whose form has been mostly terrible since injury unfortunately. Berra has cost us several goals through his own mistakes. I can't think of any howlers by Halkett, and his goals have been vital. Smith is far too valuable at RB to play at CB unless there's no-one else.

It was more down to Berra, you’re right. Halkett wasn’t faultless either. Don’t get me wrong I’ll be glad to have him back I just hope he either forges a decent partnership with Berra or Souttar comes back soon.

Edited by GinRummy

The White Cockade

Halkett has been a brilliant signing 

Boy looks a real winner and had shown that by getting a few late goals when we were toiling

Great to have him back but can’t rush it and hope he’s given a few weeks to get back to full fitness before being thrown back in

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Really??  Halkett was pushing for a Scotland place before the injury. 

He’s been a total shitshow defensively. As I’ve said not just him but it’s there for all to see.

2:45 - Goes to win a Header when it’s not even his area.

3:25 - What’s he actually doing? 

4:31 - What kind of challenge is that? 

3:45 - sleeping, almost costs us a goal.

4:10 - sleeping again, almost cost us a goal.

0:15 - Motherwell Score, Who’s Halkett marking, not even goal side, doesn’t even make a challenge.

0:42 - Sleeping again, fails to close down quick enough, almost costs us a goal.

2:00 - Terrible defending again, gives the boy too much space to get the shot away, the boy almost scores.

2:27 - Motherwell score, Halkett gives the boy about 5 yards again and this time he gets one on target but his effort to block it is half hearted at best.

5:05 - Skinned, falls on his arse, Motherwell nearly score again.

Can’t find the video of Aberdeen in the Betfred but he got bullied senseless by Cosgrove in that game and he lost the header that lead to the first goal.

No coincidence we’ve looked much more solid since he’s been out. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s scored some vital goals, he’s good on the ball but defensively he’s had a few shockers this season.  Not just him mind you. 

Lots of time for him to improve though. ☺