Craig Halkett

iantjambo

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Has returned to training and could be in contention to play against Rangers next week. 

This would be another massive boost.

Great news. :2thumbsup:

Absolutely great news he’s back training, I’d rather we have him another couple weeks getting up to speed before we put him back in the team though. 

Maybe Livingston on the 4th or Motherwell on the 7th December would be more realistic for him. Delighted all the same he will be back soon. 

Just now, rick witter said:

Maybe Livingston on the 4th or Motherwell on the 7th December would be more realistic for him. Delighted all the same he will be back soon. 

Agreed. We've went this long without him and on paper at least, livi will be a bit easier than being run ragged by Morelos, Kent etc. 

Glad to see him back in training. Things are very slowly improving. 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Not that fussed about him tbh

how many goals does he score?

Same as Naismith

He's an international striker, I'm very fussed about him because I know about football and what he can bring to the team, not jus the number of goals he's scored

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Same as Naismith

He's an international striker, I'm very fussed about him because I know about football and what he can bring to the team, not jus the number of goals he's scored

In the last 12 months how many have they both scored then? 

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is that JiH trying to communicate with me again?

Shame he's on ignore.

As for Washington, yeah I'll be looking forward to seeing him work with Naismith/Meshino/Walker etc. As the runs & positions he was getting into before his injury, were good. Needed one of the above to see him.

Can still see Washington getting double figures before the end of the season. 

Agreed, Washington is a cracking player

Horatio Caine
18 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Not as many as Zeefuick would...

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Yep, ease back in at home v Livvi

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Washington can't be too far away now either.

Back training soon I believe. Haring has disappeared though. Now played virtually no football for getting on for 11 months. Be lucky to see him at all this season. Ready made replacement for Whelan next summer hopefully. . 

Absolute Scenes
55 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is that JiH trying to communicate with me again?

Shame he's on ignore.

As for Washington, yeah I'll be looking forward to seeing him work with Naismith/Meshino/Walker etc. As the runs & positions he was getting into before his injury, were good. Needed one of the above to see him.

Can still see Washington getting double figures before the end of the season. 

There’s a guy that knows his stuff 👍

agree, excited to see how they all work and all score goals together

51 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Not as many as Zeefuick would...

The Zeefuick, who is five years older and probably 5 stones heavier?

That Zeefuick ?

larbert_jambo
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Puts Wighton down the pecking order. Surely a positive?

50 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Back training soon I believe. Haring has disappeared though. Now played virtually no football for getting on for 11 months. Be lucky to see him at all this season. Ready made replacement for Whelan next summer hopefully. . 

And yet he was the one of our long term injuries  that was going to be the first player back if I remember correctly?

37 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

And yet he was the one of our long term injuries  that was going to be the first player back if I remember correctly?

The issue he has has proved to be a lot harder to pin down than expected. It is reminiscent of the pelvic problems that plagued Colin Cameron for a season.

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

In the last 12 months how many have they both scored then? 

Have you ever heard of Google? It’s pretty easy to use, even for the most simple minded of people. 

Horatio Caine
53 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

The Zeefuick, who is five years older and probably 5 stones heavier?

That Zeefuick ?

Ah! You clearly don't do sarcasm - either that or you don't realise whose post I was replying to.

Just for the record - no, I don't think Z would be an option for us now.

3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

The issue he has has proved to be a lot harder to pin down than expected. It is reminiscent of the pelvic problems that plagued Colin Cameron for a season.

They tried a gum shield?

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Has returned to training and could be in contention to play against Rangers next week. 

This would be another massive boost.

Just about 8 weeks

Got injured at St Mirren 28 September 

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

To be fair he has been back in training, or on the grass, more than once only for the problem to re-appear. Sometimes these things happen and even the best medics can’t get to the bottom of problems or even if they can they can’t fix them enough to be able to participate in sport. John Kennedy is perfect example of career ruined. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

I like him tbh. 

Looked a really clever player. 

His movement of the ball is the best I've seen from a striker of ours for years. 

He's an international striker at a country current better than our own. 

Hopefully he'll add the goals once he returns. 

32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be fair he has been back in training, or on the grass, more than once only for the problem to re-appear. Sometimes these things happen and even the best medics can’t get to the bottom of problems or even if they can they can’t fix them enough to be able to participate in sport. John Kennedy is perfect example of career ruined. 

My fear is exactly that , an unsolvable injury . I really hope he can get himself back playing . 
Not sure how anyone can say they don’t care when Washington returns , when he’s making runs to pull defenders out of position ,clever players like Naismith , Walker and Meshi will be benefiting massively . 

Not seen anything from Washington to impress but he is a striker and he does not have much competition here so I want him to get a big chance.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Not seen anything from Washington to impress but he is a striker and he does not have much competition here so I want him to get a big chance.

How long are you willing to give him before writing him off?

I see you rate Sean Clare quite highly, but I've yet to see anything about Clare that warrants him being backed to come good

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

My fear is exactly that , an unsolvable injury . I really hope he can get himself back playing . 
Not sure how anyone can say they don’t care when Washington returns , when he’s making runs to pull defenders out of position ,clever players like Naismith , Walker and Meshi will be benefiting massively . 

Only some can see that though. Many have already judged him based on two or three appearances early on when not fit and playing with donkeys up front. What he is capable of was very clear at Fir Park earlier this season. Outstanding that night other than his penalty miss. 

The Hogfather
33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Only some can see that though. Many have already judged him based on two or three appearances early on when not fit and playing with donkeys up front. What he is capable of was very clear at Fir Park earlier this season. Outstanding that night other than his penalty miss. 

Difficult to see it when you’re sat on your arse at home, rather than making the effort to travel to these places. 

6 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

He is our best no.9.

With Naismith and Walker back we will now see the best of him.

Or are you still obsessing with Zeefuik

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s a trumpet.

You know, a trumpet.

If he doesn't know what a trumpet is, the game is a bogey.

😕

Halkett for me needs to improve somewhat before he’s considered a first XI player but still good to have him closer to coming back.

Washingtons never been deployed properly this season and has never had anything resembling quality support or service bar the Motherwell game in the cup early doors. 

40 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Halkett for me needs to improve somewhat before he’s considered a first XI player but still good to have him closer to coming back.

Washingtons never been deployed properly this season and has never had anything resembling quality support or service bar the Motherwell game in the cup early doors. 

Agree with your Washington comment but Halkett has done really well for us and also scored some vital goals .

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Agree with your Washington comment but Halkett has done really well for us and also scored some vital goals .

He’s scored some vital goals, he’s good on the ball but defensively he’s had a few shockers this season.  Not just him mind you. 

Things can only get better & better & better, got a feeling we are slowly but surely coming out the doldrums, and I can't wait to see the reaction from Dick Gordon , penis Miller and all the other BBC tosspots.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Really??  Halkett was pushing for a Scotland place before the injury. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Really??  Halkett was pushing for a Scotland place before the injury. 

Strays out of position and doesn’t seem to work well with Berra. When you look at Berra and Smith it’s chalk and cheese compared to Berra and Halkett. Don’t get me wrong I like him but some partnerships either need lots of time or will just never work.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Strays out of position and doesn’t seem to work well with Berra. When you look at Berra and Smith it’s chalk and cheese compared to Berra and Halkett. Don’t get me wrong I like him but some partnerships either need lots of time or will just never work.

I don’t disagree with your partnership comments but he has just joined the clb this season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

I think that was more down to Berra, whose form has been mostly terrible since injury unfortunately. Berra has cost us several goals through his own mistakes. I can't think of any howlers by Halkett, and his goals have been vital. Smith is far too valuable at RB to play at CB unless there's no-one else.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t disagree with your partnership comments but he has just joined the clb this season. 

Aye absolutely. Think he will go on to be a good player.