Sporting Director - unconfirmed

CloustonHMFC

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Why is Macphee being considered for sporting director, a role he has never done before

He’s one of Ann’s pets.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• GinRummy

• CloustonHMFC

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Why is Macphee being considered for sporting director, a role he has never done before

Because he can speak Japanese and we beat St mirren 5-2? 

Beyond that I'm struggling. 

Many on here were beating the drum for him a few days ago but they seem to have lessened of late. 

Get him oot the door. 

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think he would be better equipped (at this stage) for SD rather than manager where he has a lack of front line experience.  I also agree he probably sees himself more as manager which seems to be the case also with other potential candidates like Irvine and Freeman.

I think Macphee could start out as a trainee manager at berwick rangers then if he builds his  career and gets bigger and bigger jobs he might be good enough to be considered for a management post at Hearts in about 15 years

Edited by bighalders

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

This.

The guy has zero playing experience as well. Far more qualified folk out there before mcphee

Arsene Wenger was pretty successful without having a glittering career as a player. Jose Mourinho also made less than 100 senior appearances in football. Whether or not someone has 'played the game' has no bearing on whether or not they can make a go of it as a coach/manager.

12 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Arsene Wenger was pretty successful without having a glittering career as a player. Jose Mourinho also made less than 100 senior appearances in football. Whether or not someone has 'played the game' has no bearing on whether or not they can make a go of it as a coach/manager.

I don’t think Fergies career was that sparkling either tbh

I sometimes think players who lacked the mercurial natural talent make better managers because they have learned to maximise everything they have. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Stand by this?

What, that he’ll be sporting Director or that I’m glad he’s going to be kept in some capacity?

Regardless, I stand by both.