Gareth Bale

Hansel

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah we’re all British so it’s all good 🤔, I take it you’ve noticed how the vast majority of English folk act at home and abroad eh 🙈?

Only a minority do the whole ‘Bulldog’ crap abroad in my experience.  The ‘lager lout lad’ is not the picture that accurately reflects the English abroad in my opinion.  This thread is not about them though it is a ‘Welsh thread’.  Going back to the English though and like it or not they are not in the grand scheme of things an insignificant country.  They have given the world so so much (like the Scots) like it or not.  Music, science, entertainment, medicine, technology etc etc, they are kind of entitled to walk with a swagger.  Wales have given the world jack shit in comparison. But if you are leading to ‘do I find them annoying’ then hell yeah.  Most people and ‘peoples’ annoy me.  England are the big boys however on these islands, I don’t like that but that is how it is. I literally get the fear every 2 years when the Welsh come up in their thousands for the rugby.  It is ****ing torture. You can’t possibly say that when the English come calling it is even on the same planet of annoyingness.  A couple of hooray Henry’s but they are not ‘look at me look at me’.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Stephane Grappelli

• i8hibsh

• Boab

I've always despised Bale.  My mates never got my ire when he was golden smiley boy banging in the goals for Spurs, but all I saw was a diving, squealing cheat (a talented one, but still a cheat).  Hated the way he played the game.  Touched by a feather and literally squealing - 14 stone of finely tuned muscle.  Fud.

He was even at it when they battered us at Tynie.  They're absolutely smashing us and he's rolling around trying to get fouls and people booked.

IT was never really highlighted cos he smiles and he's British and all that, so if anything maybe picked up bad habits from foreigners I guess was the feeling?

Someone I think now gets away with it is another Spurs player - Son.  Every time I see him play, he dives.  Again, maybe positive discrimination here, but cos he's Asian and, again, smiley, it never seems highlighted compared to maybe if a latin player was doing it.

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes just won 4 champions leagues including scoring winners in finals, scored 100s of goals, all while taking pelters from your own shite bag fans and manager for signing a contract which the CLUB offered him. What a mercenary.

Here in Scotland we salute Gareth Bale terrific player, winner. Hope to see him turn pro. 

Champions League Final, scores, "are you happy here" no hopefully I can go in the summer" 

Oh yes terrific pro, Bale strikes me now as tough to manage and money driven

Great player no question but to put it simply, he wanted to be top boy at Madrid while Ronaldo was still there. Was never going to happen, Ronaldo left and Bale still couldn't be that person. 

Gavsy Van Gaverson
1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Great player no question but to put it simply, he wanted to be top boy at Madrid while Ronaldo was still there. Was never going to happen, Ronaldo left and Bale still couldn't be that person. 

Not if they don’t play him.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Only a minority do the whole ‘Bulldog’ crap abroad in my experience.  The ‘lager lout lad’ is not the picture that accurately reflects the English abroad in my opinion.  This thread is not about them though it is a ‘Welsh thread’.  Going back to the English though and like it or not they are not in the grand scheme of things an insignificant country.  They have given the world so so much (like the Scots) like it or not.  Music, science, entertainment, medicine, technology etc etc, they are kind of entitled to walk with a swagger.  Wales have given the world jack shit in comparison. But if you are leading to ‘do I find them annoying’ then hell yeah.  Most people and ‘peoples’ annoy me.  England are the big boys however on these islands, I don’t like that but that is how it is. I literally get the fear every 2 years when the Welsh come up in their thousands for the rugby.  It is ****ing torture. You can’t possibly say that when the English come calling it is even on the same planet of annoyingness.  A couple of hooray Henry’s but they are not ‘look at me look at me’.

I’ve never met any Welsh football fans or players, that’s what this thread is about, I don’t care much for any rugby fans to be honest.

I don’t think the Welsh are any worse than the English, or our own bunch of ******s in the Tartan Army. Scotland should be proud of what its gave to the world, compared to other bigger countries, and not base its national confidence on the performances of its sports people.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Real Madrid are the fascists football club. Glad to see Bale taking their coin and ramming it up them.

Indeed.

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's a mega star but he turns up for his country whether it's friendlies, qualifying games vs the likes of Andorra, or big must-win games. Unlike some of our Uglies "stars."

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I've always despised Bale.  My mates never got my ire when he was golden smiley boy banging in the goals for Spurs, but all I saw was a diving, squealing cheat (a talented one, but still a cheat).  Hated the way he played the game.  Touched by a feather and literally squealing - 14 stone of finely tuned muscle.  Fud.

He was even at it when they battered us at Tynie.  They're absolutely smashing us and he's rolling around trying to get fouls and people booked.

IT was never really highlighted cos he smiles and he's British and all that, so if anything maybe picked up bad habits from foreigners I guess was the feeling?

Someone I think now gets away with it is another Spurs player - Son.  Every time I see him play, he dives.  Again, maybe positive discrimination here, but cos he's Asian and, again, smiley, it never seems highlighted compared to maybe if a latin player was doing it.

Deli Ali, Rose and Kane are even worse but nobody calls them out on it. Maddison, Vardy, Sterling, Rashford, Lingaard also get away with it without criticism. Niasse, Lanzini and Gayle the only three down there ever neem banned for it. I think Miko and one other player are the only two ever banned in European or International football for doing so. Walker and a Celtic player the only two I can think of up here too.

Edited by Pasquale for King

7 hours ago, Locky said:

Think people are forgetting how shite Real have treated him. Even a few seasons ago, he was getting booed by fans for no real reason other than they thought he wasn't playing very well. Since then, the club have done everything to try and drive him out.

Not much of a fan of him at all, but on his day he is a cracking player and the way he's been treated is ridiculous. **** them.

Real Madrid are a horrible football club with the most awful fans.

White flags out they are like the gladiator fans of the  present day

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I have no issue with that. Bale is giving Madrid the 2 fingers. He is a spoilt brat.

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Why doesn’t he take a pay cut and leave then, the soft *****.

He will in January, I think that’s the plan to get them to sell. 

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I have no issue with that. Bale is giving Madrid the 2 fingers. He is a spoilt brat.

Well it can be argued Madrid have giving him two fingers tenfold

19 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

For 1 million Euros per week they could stick their 2 fingers anywhere they want.

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

For 1 million Euros per week they could stick their 2 fingers anywhere they want.

I'm sure they could with you.

"The Welsh irritate me at the best of times... "

I hear that's Gloucestershire Tourist Board's motto.

'Prorsum Semper' = 'GTF Welshy' in Latin.

Gloucesc.jpg

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

26 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm sure they could with you.

They could fit a lot more than 2 fingers up there

:oohmatron:

6 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Will be Mourinho’s first signing for Spurs 

Imo, this is probably the most factual post on the thread, so far.

2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Cheers :thumbsup:

No bother.

I think that is exactly what will come out of this appointment.  Ideal situation for all concerned.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Deli Ali, Rose and Kane are even worse but nobody calls them out on it. Maddison, Vardy, Sterling, Rashford, Lingaard also get away with it without criticism. Niasse, Lanzini and Gayle the only three down there ever neem banned for it. I think Miko and one other player are the only two ever banned in European or International football for doing so. Walker and a Celtic player the only two I can think of up here too.

the other player banned from european football was eduardo when he won a pen v celtic for arsenal

It should have been ten
14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No bother.

I think that is exactly what will come out of this appointment.  Ideal situation for all concerned.

Think it’s a cert bud. 

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Mainly a rugby thing. I cheer on any team who plays them and want them to fail at all sport. I would even wear an England top when they play them (may not be true). I have never known a people from such an insignificant country (in the grand scheme of things) have so much self worth. I find them very 'look at me I am Welsh' and that irritates me. That been said they are part of Britain so there is no hatred. They just annoy the **** out of me.

Yes, they are good at rugby but WHO GIVES A ****?They walk about throwing their Welshness at anyone who gets in their way. Don't get me wrong the Scots are bad for it but **** me the Welsh are even worse than the Irish for it.

I realised in my late teens after taking Scotland tops on every holiday that outside of this country no-one gives a **** that I am Scottish. Someone forgot to tell the Welsh.

:rofl:

Coming from you that is ******* brilliant. 

i8 railing and generalizing AGAIN about a group of people. What a miserable existence.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

20 fingers?

I P Knightley
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Mainly a rugby thing. I cheer on any team who plays them and want them to fail at all sport. I would even wear an England top when they play them (may not be true). I have never known a people from such an insignificant country (in the grand scheme of things) have so much self worth. I find them very 'look at me I am Welsh' and that irritates me. That been said they are part of Britain so there is no hatred. They just annoy the **** out of me.

Yes, they are good at rugby but WHO GIVES A ****?They walk about throwing their Welshness at anyone who gets in their way. Don't get me wrong the Scots are bad for it but **** me the Welsh are even worse than the Irish for it.

I realised in my late teens after taking Scotland tops on every holiday that outside of this country no-one gives a **** that I am Scottish. Someone forgot to tell the Welsh.

If your only experience of Welshies is seeing a bunch of them on tour for a sporting event, then of course they're going to be playing their Welshness up and trying to give it a bit of swagger. The same happens when Scots assemble in Trafalgar Square with Fairy Liquid for the fountains - pretending they know what soap is for - or the Irish get together for anything, insisting on having a pint of Guinness and then criticising it because it's been made in feckin' Spain.

The Welsh are no better or no worse than any other of the home countries.

You just enjoy being racist and getting away with it.

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Keep my fingers OOT of this 😱😂😂😂

As the bishop said to the actress.

:biggrin:

Big Slim Stylee
8 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Although not disputing his ability, I dislike Bale for his cloak of willful ignorance that he wears like a badge of honor.

Many of his peers who’ve amassed fortunes try to give something back. Bale spends his time sitting on his gilded arse and pissing off his employers.

Each to their own, I suppose.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

If your only experience of Welshies is seeing a bunch of them on tour for a sporting event, then of course they're going to be playing their Welshness up and trying to give it a bit of swagger. The same happens when Scots assemble in Trafalgar Square with Fairy Liquid for the fountains - pretending they know what soap is for - or the Irish get together for anything, insisting on having a pint of Guinness and then criticising it because it's been made in feckin' Spain.

You know we are all the same race right?

:vrface:

been here before
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

In this case i8 is technically right. 

He is, in this instance, a simple straightforward bigot as opposed to a racist.

Edited by been here before

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

In this case i8 is technically right. 

He is, in this instance, a simple straightforward bigot as opposed to a racist.

Bigotry is about intolerance so 'technically' we all are or so at least it could be argued.

been here before
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Bigotry is about intolerance so 'technically' we all are or so at least it could be argued.

Or in your case easily demonstrated.

A bigot- just another notch on the list of your fantastic character traits.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

the other player banned from european football was eduardo when he won a pen v celtic for arsenal

So he was, considering how often it occurs a tiny percentage are punished for it. Arsenal still for through too 😆.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You know you can be racist by law against the same race, technically your views on the Welsh could be seen as racist 

Stephane Grappelli
13 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Real Madrid are the fascists football club. Glad to see Bale taking their coin and ramming it up them.

I think you're thinking of Atletico Madrid, or Atletico Aviacion as they were in Franco's day, the team of his air force.

Failing that it must be a Barcelona.  A team which awarded Franco 3 (Three) medals during his lifetime.  Only in the last few months did they decide to revoke them.  Real Madrid haven't revoked their medals because, well, they never gave him any in the first place.

Just you carry on believing the lies and propaganda though.

Just now, Stephane Grappelli said:

I think you're thinking of Atletico Madrid, or Atletico Aviacion as they were in Franco's day, the team of his air force.

Failing that it must be a Barcelona.  A team which awarded Franco 3 (Three) medals during his lifetime.  Only in the last few months did they decide to revoke them.  Real Madrid haven't revoked their medals because, well, they never gave him any in the first place.

Ha I knew that one would rile you.

Out of mild interest, why have you got a lob on for Real Madrid again?

15 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Why doesn’t he take a pay cut and leave then, the soft *****.

He tried to get a move away in the Summer but their president set a price tag that nobody was willing pay (IMO this was the plan) so he didn’t move on.

Im no great fan of Bale but the way he’s been treated by Zidane and the Madrid fans is utterly ridiculous. Boo’d every week, publicly slated for nothing and yet he still turns out a shift whenever asked and has played a very important part in their CL success. He deserves better. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Some interesting articles.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/general-franco-real-madrid-king-history-behind-clubs-link/fcoqldp8h2bb1841o2rspmuhe

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/09/27/real-madrid-and-the-franco-regime/

https://www.footballparadise.com/francisco-franco-madrid/

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, been here before said:

Or in your case easily demonstrated.

A bigot- just another notch on the list of your fantastic character traits.

I know he would obviously never need to but after reading your post I imagined his lonely hearts advert or dating site profile 🤪.

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You know you can be racist by law against the same race, technically your views on the Welsh could be seen as racist 

My views on the Welsh could be seen as racist if you do not understand racism.

7 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Nope, definitely Real Madrid. Their stadiums named after another fascist, Franco’s pal, Santiago Bernabéu. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

My views on the Welsh could be seen as racist if you do not understand racism.

Tell that to the guy who got huckled at the SC Semi who, allegedly, called Hartson a Welsh *******, or the guy at Tynie that called Sammon(?) an Irish ******* !

Allegedy !

23 minutes ago, Boab said:

Tell that to the guy who got huckled at the SC Semi who, allegedly, called Hartson a Welsh *******, or the guy at Tynie that called Sammon(?) an Irish ******* !

Allegedy !

All I said was they irritate me and I find them annoying.  There will not be one poster on here who does not have a mirrored irrational feeling about a certain group of people.  They may post on here that they don’t but they would be lying.  There was a thread in the shed a while back along the lines of what nationalities do you hate or something.  Was a good thread.