EDC - More Anti Motorist Measures

JyTees

https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/sfc/bus-lane-operational-hours/

I know this place has its fair share of cyclists, but surely there'll be a majority of car owners who'll be pretty pissed at the latest measures intended to **** off the capital's motorist.

Although a consultation usually means "decision already made", make your voice heard if you disagree.

Sexton Hardcastle

Madness.

Should maybe look outside the city once in a while and invest some money on the failing bypass. 

They won’t and they and everyone other neighbouring local authority will keep building housing and retail developments on the city limits with the same shite infrastructure.

4 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Response made in favour of keeping the bus lanes and times as they are.

Sorry, I don't follow. Consultation doesn't finish until 22nd November. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Response made in favour of keeping the bus lanes and times as they are.

Same here..

No need for change.

8 hours ago, JyTees said:

Sorry, I don't follow. Consultation doesn't finish until 22nd November. 

He has responded. In favour of keeping it as is. 

in response to my tweet saying no changes were necessary especially at weekends when the Saturday service is reduced and the Sunday service further reduced LB said there was congestion at  weekends too. I pointed out that the reduced bus services only encouraged people to use their cars - silence from them after that.

9 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

in response to my tweet saying no changes were necessary especially at weekends when the Saturday service is reduced and the Sunday service further reduced LB said there was congestion at  weekends too. I pointed out that the reduced bus services only encouraged people to use their cars - silence from them after that.

No surprise there. Their reasoning behind it doesn't stack up but that won't matter at the end of the day. Decision already made.

No coincidence there's cameras popping up everywhere. 

On 19/11/2019 at 19:34, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Madness.

Should maybe look outside the city once in a while and invest some money on the failing bypass. 

They won’t and they and everyone other neighbouring local authority will keep building housing and retail developments on the city limits with the same shite infrastructure.

This.  Getting in and out of Edinburgh is an absolute disgrace. You are actually quicker just going through Edinburgh at peak times rather than using the bypass.  Should be investing money on an extra lane on the bypass and the M8 towards Glasgow.