Battle with bathroom fitting company

highlandjambo3

highlandjambo3

Just got this from them:

”Hi Mr .........., it is unacceptable that we have not been duly paid for the work we have carried out.  An agreement based on this is workable if not then we will see you in court on Monday.

Kind Regards”

So, they actually believe that it’s quite fair to keep my deposit, ignore all my attempts over the last 4 months to resolve the issue then, a couple of days before court I get my one and only e mail from the, saying I owe them because they provided a quote....a site visit, and an inventory list.......😂😂 is that their defence in court for Monday?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• highlandjambo3

• Sawdust Caesar

• Samuel Camazzola

• 3fingersreid

49 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Gareth isn’t his name......don’t worry, I’ll shame in good time 

I  meant some other guy up in court three times in the same day.

Good luck on Monday Pal

highlandjambo3
46 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

My bet is that they will request a delay on Monday. 

They can’t.....it’s been to court once.  They received plenty of notification that the issue will be resolved on Monday.

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

They can’t.....it’s been to court once.  They received plenty of notification that the issue will be resolved on Monday.

They sound like a bunch of shysters and that is the kind of thing that shysters do.

I didn’t say they will be successful but I bet they try. 

24 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Good luck bud.

I asked previously who it was, I know you obviously didn’t want to say but I’ve a fair idea of who it might be. I wish you well on Tuesday. 👍

Samuel Camazzola
51 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I asked previously who it was, I know you obviously didn’t want to say but I’ve a fair idea of who it might be. I wish you well on Tuesday. 👍

You can turn your fair idea into a confirmation by clicking on the Court's link on the previous page. 😄👍

Samuel Camazzola

A quick browse at Companies House shows their previous company was incorporated in 2015 and liquidated in 2018. 

The current company was only incorporated in 2018. I anticipate this one will be wound up in the not so distant future. 

56 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

You can turn your fair idea into a confirmation by clicking on the Court's link on the previous page. 😄👍

I had a look earlier , our encounter with him was in or around 2010 and I’m absolutely useless at remembering names but I’m positive it’s him. He’s changed companies several times since and when We used him he was recommended to us by the bath store. 

complete chancer , our problem at the time was he ****ed off without finishing the job and had our stuff we purchased from  the bath store at the time (mirrors and other fixtures and fittings ), anyway we eventually got him after several months and sent one of his pals to finish the job, worst thing was it wasn’t even much to finish. He was clearly to embarrassed to show face again. 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A quick browse at Companies House shows their previous company was incorporated in 2015 and liquidated in 2018. 

The current company was only incorporated in 2018. I anticipate this one will be wound up in the not so distant future. 

I suppose if it gets would up the OP’s deposit will disappear like a fart in the wind?

8 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

This is the problem. As I said earlier in the thread, winning the case is one thing, getting the money is a whole different ball game.

highlandjambo3

Update

* Issue now Resolved*

Although it was not the Tyson Fury broadside I had expected to deliver.

In court at 10 this morning and called through to a quieter small room with the bathroom sales rep. Present was a judge, clerk of the court and admin girl.  I’m already to deliver my broadside but, the judge says he has reviewed the details of the case and, if we could not reach an amicable decision then he would, he also had said it would be difficult and both parties may not get the decision they were after (wee alarm bells now).

So, we ended up in another room, just the two of us, and told to take as long as we needed to attempt a resolution.  I disclosed all the evidence I had presented to the court, as did he and, at this point he mentioned that during the telephone conversation (way back in October saying they were late) he had stated that during that call to me he said they would begin the project the following day (one day later than stated) and, I had point blank refused to accept this cancelling the whole project.  He also said the shop owner was present during this conversation and had backed his version of the telephone call.  Of course this did not happen, during the call there was no mention of starting a day later, there was no mention of starting at all. A wee spin on the truth and collaboration is something I had expected.....basically telling a fib that I could not disprove.  And, they were going to request additional time to prove to the court that they had taken an £800 loss based on having to return the pre ordered goods back to their supplier (which I doubted), but you know what, if they are willing to collaborate a story to suit them then I am sure they would do the same for the materials returned......and tbh..... I could not be arsed waiting about for another month.

So, I dropped my claim by a few hundred quid and settled out if court.  There was a reasonable chance that in a months time based on the bathroom fitters so called evidence, the judge may have just shook his head and split the claim in half with us both walking out having lost.  So, I didn't get my full claim back but, I don’t feel like I lost to much (am loaded anyway 😜).

Thing is, because it didn’t go to court and the rights and wrongs of the issue were not ironed out, I cannot name and shame them as an out of court settlement does not accredit blame on any party.

Anyway, I know about a dozen people who have not used them based on my predicament, so they have lost out on a few quid.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Update

* Issue now Resolved*

Although it was not the Tyson Fury broadside I had expected to deliver.

In court at 10 this morning and called through to a quieter small room with the bathroom sales rep. Present was a judge, clerk of the court and admin girl.  I’m already to deliver my broadside but, the judge says he has reviewed the details of the case and, if we could not reach an amicable decision then he would, he also had said it would be difficult and both parties may not get the decision they were after (wee alarm bells now).

So, we ended up in another room, just the two of us, and told to take as long as we needed to attempt a resolution.  I disclosed all the evidence I had presented to the court, as did he and, at this point he mentioned that during the telephone conversation (way back in October saying they were late) he had stated that during that call to me he said they would begin the project the following day (one day later than stated) and, I had point blank refused to accept this cancelling the whole project.  He also said the shop owner was present during this conversation and had backed his version of the telephone call.  Of course this did not happen, during the call there was no mention of starting a day later, there was no mention of starting at all. A wee spin on the truth and collaboration is something I had expected.....basically telling a fib that I could not disprove.  And, they were going to request additional time to prove to the court that they had taken an £800 loss based on having to return the pre ordered goods back to their supplier (which I doubted), but you know what, if they are willing to collaborate a story to suit them then I am sure they would do the same for the materials returned......and tbh..... I could not be arsed waiting about for another month.

So, I dropped my claim by a few hundred quid and settled out if court.  There was a reasonable chance that in a months time based on the bathroom fitters so called evidence, the judge may have just shook his head and split the claim in half with us both walking out having lost.  So, I didn't get my full claim back but, I don’t feel like I lost to much (am loaded anyway 😜).

Thing is, because it didn’t go to court and the rights and wrongs of the issue were not ironed out, I cannot name and shame them as an out of court settlement does not accredit blame on any party.

Anyway, I know about a dozen people who have not used them based on my predicament, so they have lost out on a few quid.

As long as you're reasonably happy that's good.

Saw the company name  on the Court Roll.

Little bit disappointed in the outcome but if your happy with it then so should i be :lol: 

I will name and shame them if you want 

highlandjambo3
15 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Little bit disappointed in the outcome but if your happy with it then so should i be :lol: 

I will name and shame them if you want 

Go for it 👌

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Sawdust Caesar said:

On the link there is a really bad review of the firm by a guy called Greg Madigan, looks like he had similar problems as the OP.

The good reviews will probably be his mates.

The Real Maroonblood

Absolutely disgusting. 

I've just had my bathroom refitted and the plumber and joiner were both recommended by word of mouth.

First class work.