......and Suso Scores!

Marooned Abroad

Marooned Abroad

Watching Tenerife v Cadiz (top of the League) on Canadian TV and Captain Suso has scored a lovely little goal to put his home team 1-0 up. Looks as lively as ever and brings back great memories of May 2012.

A needlessly maligned player during his time here, being on the end of some utterly ridiculous abuse.

People forget that Templeton only got the chance to score his wonder goal at Easter Road because Suso was injured.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

A needlessly maligned player during his time here, being on the end of some utterly ridiculous abuse.

People forget that Templeton only got the chance to score his wonder goal at Easter Road because Suso was injured.

100% this. Certain characters decided he was shit early doors at a pre-season friendly, then dig in their heels as he went on to thrive. Was amusing to watch really. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

100% this. Certain characters decided he was shit early doors at a pre-season friendly, then dig in their heels as he went on to thrive. Was amusing to watch really. :lol: 

I remember him squaring up to Kenny Miller and Lee McCulloch at Tynecastle once, despite being about two feet shorter than both of them. An absolute basket case :laugh: 

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I remember him squaring up to Kenny Miller and Lee McCulloch at Tynecastle once, despite being about two feet shorter than both of them. An absolute basket case :laugh: 

Heart as big as the Wheatfield stand.

Marooned Abroad

Suso had a cracking game in that final and got us the penalty that sealed the game. I’ve seen him play over here quite a few times since and have always wished we could have kept him. 

Just now, innerjambo said:

Great player, and a proper winger!!

My kind of wide player, but not what I’d describe as a classic winger. Liked to cut inside and take his man on in the box, instead of hitting the byline and crossing. Love it when we have players like that in our team.

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

My kind of wide player, but not what I’d describe as a classic winger. Liked to cut inside and take his man on in the box, instead of hitting the byline and crossing. Love it when we have players like that in our team.

Yep, and very skillful to boot.

45 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Very under appreciated player for Hearts IMO.  His work rate was always excellent.  The 'Spanish Waiter' chat was absolutely stinking.

Definitely inside the box as well. 

18 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Definitely inside the box as well. 

The shirt pull was outside the box - but the kick on sole of his boot WAS inside the box!

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Very under appreciated player for Hearts IMO.  His work rate was always excellent.  The 'Spanish Waiter' chat was absolutely stinking.

The treatment Uche receives from some of our fans is similar to the lack of appreciation Suso suffered.

Both players not fully appreciated until they are no longer at the club.

I wonder what the score would have ended up if his shot had not been cleared off the line to make it 3-0 before half time that day in May 2012.

Had a bit of everything the wee man. Fine finisher too.

The clincher v the vermin at Tynie in March 2012 in particular. Not embarrassed to call it a classy finish.  

53 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Skinny?

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Marooned Abroad said:

Final score 1-1. Cracking game!!

I missed the game tonight because of work but would normally watch as the football can be decent.

For those not in the know every CDT game is shown live on Youtube with English commentary. In fact every Liga2 game is shown, fill yer boots.

19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Skinny?

Milinkovic, Suso and to a slightly lesser extent (and currently) Mulraney all seemed to split opinion. 

Give me any one of them any day ahead of some of the dross we have had play in midfield since. Their pace and ability to go past a man are so underrated. Yes it doesn't always come off, but at least they have the balls and grit to try and make something happen going forward. 

Suso carried the team during an away tie in the cup at Falkirk, he was blistering that night. Loved the wee guy. Was gutted when he left us.

Milinkovics 3 slide tackles in the space of 10 seconds up at Pittodrie last Christmas made some fun of a disappointing game, right in front of the away end too😄

Just now, communist said:

Milinkovic, Suso and to a slightly lesser extent (and currently) Mulraney all seemed to split opinion. 

Give me any one of them any day ahead of some of the dross we have had play in midfield since. Their pace and ability to go past a man are so underrated. Yes it doesn't always come off, but at least they have the balls and grit to try and make something happen going forward. 

Suso carried the team during an away tie in the cup at Falkirk, he was blistering that night. Loved the wee guy. Was gutted when he left us.

Milinkovics 3 slide tackles in the space of 10 seconds up at Pittodrie last Christmas made some fun of a disappointing game, right in front of the away end too😄

This. These are players I pay to see.

9 hours ago, Zaba said:

Suso was desperately unlucky not to score in the 5-1 game. 

Class wee player, loved him.

Cleared off the line. Would have been 3 and should have been ten. They even hibsed the chance to properly end their cup hoodoo. 

15 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

It was worse than cringeworthy. I loved the wee guy. 

Edit: The Spanish waiter chat was a hibs thing then the trolls on this site adopted it.

Edited by Marvin

8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Edit: The Spanish waiter chat was a hibs thing then the trolls on this site adopted it.

A common theme. Happens a lot. Can’t get my head around Hearts supporters cosying up to their vermin mates and slagging their own club off to fit in. :yucky:

• 1 month later...