A real BIG name now on the bookies list....11/1.

skwif1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• EasternRossco

• Bazzas right boot

• Biguche

2 hours ago, EasternRossco said:

It's terrible but I for one would not continue to follow Hearts for the duration of his managerial tenure if he was appointed. I absolutely abhor that man, possibly even more so than Neil Lennon. A truly gargantuan weeping penis. 

If he was to truly bring with him zero respect for the old firm, then we have to interview him if he is interested. 

EasternRossco
10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

If he was to truly bring with him zero respect for the old firm, then we have to interview him if he is interested. 

He wouldn't though would he? Are you aware of the historical link between Rangers and Chelsea? He's a sycophantic, egotistical maniac that would pander to Rangers then hop straight to them like a fart in the wind once Gerrard moves on. 

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Horrible, nasty prick of a man.

For that reason alone I want him.as Hearts manager at the earliest opportunity.

:laugh:

Nelly Terraces
34 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Zero managerial experience, why would anyone think he is a better choice than half the names on that list.  

Every young manager has to start somewhere. Bet you weren't saying 'has no managerial experience' when Cathro got the gig though eh chum.

EasternRossco
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd love it. We're too soft as a club with too many loser mentalities (just see this thread)

Easy for us all to be blood and thunder morons though isn't it? Last time we had a manager with no first team managerial experience was Cathro..... How did that go again? 

8 minutes ago, EasternRossco said:

Easy for us all to be blood and thunder morons though isn't it? Last time we had a manager with no first team managerial experience was Cathro..... How did that go again? 

Cathro =/= John Terry.

For starters Cathro wasn’t an ex-international captain with over 75 caps for a good country, regularly voted into the FIFA and UEFA teams of the year for a decade or won more medals as a player in his career than we have as a club in our entire history.

The being an ‘ex-player’ etc means a hell of a lot more than we pretended it didn’t when Cathro was appointed. 

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Can’t wait for us to be “John Terry’s Hearts”

JT's JTs? No thanks.

4 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

JT's JTs? No thanks.

Actually, I like it!

Make it so Ann. 

We need a barsteward in the dugout for a change. The man knows how to win. 

EasternRossco
7 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Cathro =/= John Terry.

For starters Cathro wasn’t an ex-international captain with over 75 caps for a good country, regularly voted into the FIFA and UEFA teams of the year for a decade or won more medals as a player in his career than we have as a club in our entire history.

The being an ‘ex-player’ etc means a hell of a lot more than we pretended it didn’t when Cathro was appointed. 

Accept that to a certain degree but by the same token I don't necessaorily buy into the whole fact that being a super player equates to success as a manager. Gerrard has begrudgingly done a decent job at Rangers and there's obviously Pep.... But both have had vastly superior resources to the brunt of their competitors. For each of them there is a Neville, Keane and Solsjake.... Ah **** it- Ole Gunnar! 🙃

10 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Cathro =/= John Terry.

I don't believe there's any link between being a great player and being a competent manager. It might open doors, and get players to listen initially, but unless you can back it up with the right skills then it'll still fail. 

Mourinho, Benitez and Villas Boas had very little playing experience (either didn't play professionally or retired very early). John Barnes on the other hand was a hell of a player. 

EasternRossco
Just now, jamboj said:

I don't believe there's any link between being a great player and being a competent manager. It might open doors, and get players to listen initially, but unless you can back it up with the right skills then it'll still fail. 

Mourinho, Benitez and Villas Boas had very little playing experience (either didn't play professionally or retired very early). John Barnes on the other hand was a hell of a player. 

Beat you to the same point 😉

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jamboj said:

I think in the modern era they do bring higher quality of professionalism to the party. 

1 hour ago, EasternRossco said:

Last time we had a manager with first team managerial experience was Craig Levein...how did that go again?

What does John Terry know about our level of football?  Guy has been in the top echelons of football his whole career ( bar one or two seasons) so would struggle to cope with the levels of our players  

I doubt we would get John Terry but would be a good appointment imo. Seems quite influential as assistant manager at villa and might want to be his own man.

Gerard and Lampard have done well in their first managerial roles and Terry is of that ilk. He's learnt from the best and is a winner, which is what we need. 

More exciting than most of the other names mentioned.

48 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Arrogant and self-centred.  Rude and brusque. Bit of a baddie.

Perfect.

Give him the job.

Is that when he’s on a vintage rouge?

EasternRossco
21 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Last time we had a manager with first team managerial experience was Craig Levein...how did that go again?

I mean before this season.... Wasn't that bad really. 

BonningtonJambo

Captain leader legend - chelsea fans say about him his influence in that dressing room for years after management change after management change. Makes me beleive he would be a great manager for us. People will slate his managerial ability but  thats what you get when you give someone there first managers job. Its a big risk but every appointment is, the man is born winner he wont come up hear to settle for 4th place. Worth the risk in my opinion 

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Every young manager has to start somewhere. Bet you weren't saying 'has no managerial experience' when Cathro got the gig though eh chum.

Eh yes I was actually.  Hearts should not be a training ground for new managers.  I want us appointing established managers especially given our current predicament.  

2 hours ago, jamboj said:

2 hours ago, EasternRossco said:

Accept that to a certain degree but by the same token I don't necessaorily buy into the whole fact that being a super player equates to success as a manager. Gerrard has begrudgingly done a decent job at Rangers and there's obviously Pep.... But both have had vastly superior resources to the brunt of their competitors. For each of them there is a Neville, Keane and Solsjake.... Ah **** it- Ole Gunnar! 🙃

‘Guaranteeing’ he’ll be good manager wasn’t my point. He could be utterly useless as he hasn’t had any experience in that exact role yet.

But unlike Cathro who also had zero experience he atleast has the initial respect and reputation of being a highly successful player to get the players on side, especially younger ones. He’ll also have lots of contacts to help him.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

How is he very Rangers please explain coz he does not like Celtic? I must be pro Rangers as well then lol

:cornette:  Say what?

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Dayman said:

This. 

we think Naismith and berra are warriors? They’d be shocked at the type of expectations someone like Terry expects of their team. 

On a side note, we could rename “The bridge of Djoum” as the “Wayne Bridge”...

On it...

7 hours ago, franko1874 said:

With a good coaching team behind him he'd do well I think. Gerrard took some of the coaching staff from Liverpool and from what I hear, they are the the ones who do the tactics etc and Gerrard is the main voice passing the message to the players. I think we'd be able to attract better quality also with JT's contacts, few loans from Chelsea/Aston Villa perhaps 

Correct! I can’t believe anyone thinks that he is anything other than a face to keep the fans and media happy.. watch him on the touch line , contributes nothing until McAllister whispers in his ear.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

He's looking for fresh shagging opportunities. 

Aren't we all? 

This would be an absolute disaster for us. Excellent for Scottish football because of the media hype. However the guys is a clown. Wayne Bridge scandal, full kit w4nk3r when not even in the squad, put in his Villa contract that he didnt have to play against Chelsea if they got promoted, arranged to be subbed of or something like that at a certain minute so he could get a standing ovation. That's just off the top of my head. 

2 hours ago, Gorgieshed said:

This would be an absolute disaster for us. Excellent for Scottish football because of the media hype. However the guys is a clown. Wayne Bridge scandal, full kit w4nk3r when not even in the squad, put in his Villa contract that he didnt have to play against Chelsea if they got promoted, arranged to be subbed of or something like that at a certain minute so he could get a standing ovation. That's just off the top of my head. 

And the glaringly obvious - has never ever managed a football team. 

11 hours ago, DS98 said:

Guys a serial winner and a leader

Aye we Chelsea and a endless supply of cash and if no for the cash Chelsea would have won he haw.....

Joined this as I thought it was a “ fans “ forum . It’s full of supposed supporters who turn every thread into negative drivel or should anyone have an opinion that doesn’t suit ,they support Hibs!!!

Have any of the critics who claim John Terry is a vile human read anything about him ? He is very highly thought of with Aston Villa, every player interview He is given massive credit !! Many former players I hear interviewed also speak his highly of him , possibly not Wayne Bridge !!!He Made choices as a young man that were questionable and certainly not how I’d behave but Tell me someone who hasn’t made mistakes in their early 20s!!! 

In in no way am I a John Terry fan but the way adults behave on here is a joke ! Let’s be real we should be happy with a champions League winner, multiple premier league winner , former England captain who has worked for countless high profile managers showing any interest in our club, if true !!! 

1 hour ago, Stu03q285 said:

Joined this as I thought it was a “ fans “ forum . It’s full of supposed supporters who turn every thread into negative drivel or should anyone have an opinion that doesn’t suit ,they support Hibs!!!

Have any of the critics who claim John Terry is a vile human read anything about him ? He is very highly thought of with Aston Villa, every player interview He is given massive credit !! Many former players I hear interviewed also speak his highly of him , possibly not Wayne Bridge !!!He Made choices as a young man that were questionable and certainly not how I’d behave but Tell me someone who hasn’t made mistakes in their early 20s!!! 

In in no way am I a John Terry fan but the way adults behave on here is a joke ! Let’s be real we should be happy with a champions League winner, multiple premier league winner , former England captain who has worked for countless high profile managers showing any interest in our club, if true !!! 

Well said. The rockets on here are having hissy fits cause he said this or done that year’s ago.

If there’s any truth to it, and it’s a big if, we should be delighted that such a high profile character is showing an interest in managing Hearts.

He would lift the profile of the club massively and his name alone would attract a calibre of player to the club that we’d normally have no chance of getting.

BonningtonJambo
1 hour ago, Stu03q285 said:

spot on 

6 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Horrible, nasty prick of a man.

For that reason alone I want him.as Hearts manager at the earliest opportunity.

Am with this