A real BIG name now on the bookies list....11/1.

skwif1

CHELSEA and England legend John Terry has entered the frame for the vacant Hearts job.

One bookmakers has placed the former Champions League winner on the favourite's list to fill the Jambos role.

JT is the assistant manager at Aston Villa
JT is the assistant manager at Aston VillaCredit: Alamy Live News

The five-time Premier League champion has been installed at 11/1 by skybet to replace Craig Levein at Tynecastle.

The 38-year-old is currently assistant manager at Aston Villa in the EPL.

However, many are tipping the Englishman to follow in his former team-mates, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard's footsteps into management.

Terry had been linked with the Middlesbrough job in June this year, as well as replacing Lampard at Derby County following his move to become Blues boss.

However, all speculation stopped when he signed a new deal at Villa until 2021.

Is this possible or even wanted.   This in the current bun.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• EasternRossco

• Bazzas right boot

• Taffin

11 minutes ago, skwif1 said:

CHELSEA and England legend John Terry has entered the frame for the vacant Hearts job.

One bookmakers has placed the former Champions League winner on the favourite's list to fill the Jambos role.

JT is the assistant manager at Aston Villa

JT is the assistant manager at Aston VillaCredit: Alamy Live News

The five-time Premier League champion has been installed at 11/1 by skybet to replace Craig Levein at Tynecastle.

The 38-year-old is currently assistant manager at Aston Villa in the EPL.

However, many are tipping the Englishman to follow in his former team-mates, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard's footsteps into management.

Terry had been linked with the Middlesbrough job in June this year, as well as replacing Lampard at Derby County following his move to become Blues boss.

However, all speculation stopped when he signed a new deal at Villa until 2021.

Is this possible or even wanted.   This in the current bun.

Why would anyone go from earning millions to a few hundred grand a year?

2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Why would anyone go from earning millions to a few hundred grand a year?

Pocket money and a major challenge to him ??

8 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Pocket money and a major challenge to him ??

Theres no danger that wank holds Scottish football in any regard, let alone us dwarfed by Gerrards Huns.

N Lincs Jambo

Last major England internationalist of similar stature to manage Hearts was Frank Moss. If you look at his win %age he did alright so on that basis alone I wouldn’t be against despite the fact I really detest the guy.

SpruceBringsteen

WOW, A RACIST WHO LITERALLY WOULDN'T PISS ON US IF WE WERE ON FIRE.

Can't wait. Just ****ing announce MacPhee and end this please.

Cant believe people would diss JT coming to Hearts?

He would raise Hearts profile to scales we could never dream off.

Even if he failed he'd struggle do any worse than what we have just now.

EasternRossco

It's terrible but I for one would not continue to follow Hearts for the duration of his managerial tenure if he was appointed. I absolutely abhor that man, possibly even more so than Neil Lennon. A truly gargantuan weeping penis. 

3 minutes ago, sam? said:

Cant believe people would diss JT coming to Hearts?

He would raise Hearts profile to scales we could never dream off.

Even if he failed he'd struggle do any worse than what we have just now.

With a good coaching team behind him he'd do well I think. Gerrard took some of the coaching staff from Liverpool and from what I hear, they are the the ones who do the tactics etc and Gerrard is the main voice passing the message to the players. I think we'd be able to attract better quality also with JT's contacts, few loans from Chelsea/Aston Villa perhaps 

8 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Cheers for sharing - wasn’t aware of this being mentioned on any other manager related thread...

Got to love a bit sarcasm 

7 minutes ago, EasternRossco said:

It's terrible but I for one would not continue to follow Hearts for the duration of his managerial tenure if he was appointed. I absolutely abhor that man, possibly even more so than Neil Lennon. A truly gargantuan weeping penis. 

Well said. 

13 minutes ago, EasternRossco said:

I can’t see anne Budge wanting his like anywhere near us anyway 

This is exactly what I’ve been talking about. Someone who the squad will respect & respond to, raise the clubs stock & he wont give a feck about the arse cheeks along the M8. 
Would love there to be some truth in this but I fear its just the bookies trying to make money from the gullible ☹️

EasternRossco
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I can’t see anne Budge wanting his like anywhere near us anyway 

God I hope not. I'd like to think Hearts have more integrity and class than the knuckle-draggers from Leith that appointed Lennon. 

John Terry World be a great appointment and by far the biggest name thats been linked so far. He’s won the lot down in England and id have him up here tomorrow.

Viva John Terry

9 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Last major England internationalist of similar stature to manage Hearts was Frank Moss. If you look at his win %age he did alright so on that basis alone I wouldn’t be against despite the fact I really detest the guy.

Rix?

4 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Boom! there it is.

Bazzas right boot

Be interesting. 

Complete unknown tho and a stab in the dark, would elevate our status a bit tho. 

He has no previous managerial experience, would most likely command a decent wage and has previous negative press for his personal life choices.

It's a no from me. Would be surprised if Ann Budge would entertain him anyway

players wives wouldn’t be safe.

no thanks 100 times over and then 100 times over all over again.

Im pretty sure he hasn’t even heard of HMFC and like said above wouldn’t piss on us if we were in fire. I’d be appalled and surprised in equal measure if he came to us

1 hour ago, ceefax said:

John Terry World be a great appointment and by far the biggest name thats been linked so far. He’s won the lot down in England and id have him up here tomorrow.

Viva John Terry

Can’t wait for us to be “John Terry’s Hearts”

Салатные палочки

Terry is an arsehole of a man. 

But he would be our arsehole of a man. 

I wonder how the media up here would treat him? They can't wait to ram their tongues up Gerrard's farter at every opportunity. Terry is just as high profile an Englishman as Slippy but I can't see him being afforded the same love as the Scouser. Simply because he would be the Hearts manager. 

12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

players wives wouldn’t be safe.

no thanks 100 times over and then 100 times over all over again.

Im pretty sure he hasn’t even heard of HMFC and like said above wouldn’t piss on us if we were in fire. I’d be appalled and surprised in equal measure if he came to us

Spot on.

And I’d add in response to others’ like-for like comparisons with Steven Gerrard, drawing comparisons between the reputations of John ******* Terry and Steven Gerrard is an unmerited insult to Steven Gerrard.

Out of all the names mentioned seriously this is the only one i would actually be quite happy with, I'd rather Terry than a Stuart McCall, John Robertson, Neil McCann etc etc. 

He might have a bit of a dodgy past but I think players would respond to him and have respect for him, he'll be trying to build a reputation in management as well so he'll be driven to do well.

1 hour ago, EasternRossco said:

This! ⬆️ I would have a team of Graham Rix and Graham Weir before this repellent stain. 

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Please no 

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Guys a serial winner and a leader

This. 

we think Naismith and berra are warriors? They’d be shocked at the type of expectations someone like Terry expects of their team. 

On a side note, we could rename “The bridge of Djoum” as the “Wayne Bridge”...

4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Horrible, nasty prick of a man.

For that reason alone I want him.as Hearts manager at the earliest opportunity.

Our next manager needs to be a winner whether it's JT or not.