In-Job Managers to be Approached

SomethingAboutObua

SomethingAboutObua

After the pretty underwhelming news of who we’ve interviewed for out of work managers, who in job are we (seriously) going to approach?

So far all I can think of is Robinson, any other in-job names? Everyone or almost all names I can remember being mentioned were guys out of work. 

So who are we looking at? 

(I know this will probably get merged but not sure where?)

15 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

After the pretty underwhelming news of who we’ve interviewed for out of work managers, who in job are we (seriously) going to approach?

So far all I can think of is Robinson, any other in-job names? Everyone or almost all names I can remember being mentioned were guys out of work. 

John Terry

1 minute ago, My half sister said:

Poch is unhappy at Spurs, I'm willing to up my monthly payment by 200 if this could happen

I don't want a loser as manager

Is that how it works !!!!!

24 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Would have to be someone within our salary aspirations (which really limits our choices imo) unless Budge & the mystery benefactors are willing to provide extra finance for an outstanding candidate who is currently employed.

Diadora Van Basten
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I don't want a loser as manager

Is that how it works !!!!!

It is a bit Still Game whenever someone mentions a name all you get are kickbackers lining up to say their an a***hole.

SomethingAboutObua
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Robinson 

Wee Robbo

Alexander 

Frredman 

I thought Freedman was unemployed atm after Bolton? True though forgot about Alexander 

2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I thought Freedman was unemployed atm after Bolton? True though forgot about Alexander 

Sporting Director at Palace for last two+ years 

4 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

At Pakace as SD wants to get back to management apparently 

41 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Paul Hartley?

44 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

John Terry if you believe the rumours

Have absolute no idea why and feel dirty but this would excite me for some odd reason

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Have absolute no idea why and feel dirty but this would excite me for some odd reason

Because he's a winner and has worked with winners. But it's all paper talk and he has no experience 

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Because he's a winner and has worked with winners. But it's all paper talk and he has no experience 

Done all his coaching badges with Chelsea youth teams , so same experience as what Gerrard had.

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It is a bit Still Game whenever someone mentions a name all you get are kickbackers lining up to say their an a***hole.

in the case of Cotterill that would be 100% correct

Thought Police
23 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Done all his coaching badges with Chelsea youth teams , so same experience as what Gerrard had.

But he wouldn’t have the budget Gerrard has. Don’t think he’d be interested unless he felt we could be legitimately competitive.

Gerrard just had to be competent and they’d finish 2nd. He’s still just doing the minimum based on his budget.

Bridge of Djoum
36 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Terry won’t have the full backing of the SFA and Scottish referees association, though. 

All this speculation is doing my heid in.  It does appear we are going to have the coach before the other appointment and I think that's right.

It may be that the two appointments will be announced concurrently and I still think AB is giving AM two or 3 games to prove himself for the head coach role.  Think if he was going to Stoke he'd already be there.

8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

No experience as a number one. But experience in a coaching team

You know what is a bit disappointing... The lack of European candidates.

I'm hoping that they've just avoided being leaked to the press.

None of these names that have been around the block down south been that inspiring so far.

We will never know of course but I'd love to know the list of 30+ applications.

Edited by Alan_R

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

All this speculation is doing my heid in.  It does appear we are going to have the coach before the other appointment and I think that's right.

It may be that the two appointments will be announced concurrently and I still think AB is giving AM two or 3 games to prove himself for the head coach role.  Think if he was going to Stoke he'd already be there.

I think MON parked any talk of that until after the important St Mirren game. Discussions will more than likely take place this week while they are away with NI. I think AM has had his one match in charge and will be away before the Killie game. 

Brighton Jambo
13 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

in the case of Cotterill that would be 100% correct

Genuine question but what is it about him that makes you say that.  He is currently my preferred candidate but happy to be re-educated.  

42 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Genuine question but what is it about him that makes you say that.  He is currently my preferred candidate but happy to be re-educated.  

Edited by maroonsgotop
wrong upload

Robbie Neilson has a better win record than most, it not all, of the candidates linked. Also brought on youngsters - Walker, Paterson Etc. Surprised he’s not quoted. 

On 16/11/2019 at 11:34, el_jambo74 said:

Robbie Neilson has a better win record than most, it not all, of the candidates linked. Also brought on youngsters - Walker, Paterson Etc. Surprised he’s not quoted. 

He was in the press quite early on saying he's happy at Dundee Utd and is focused on getting them promoted. Which is fair enough - probably has a decent promotion bonus in his contract based on how they've been chucking around money they don't have this season.