Annual report and financials

Midloth_Iain

1 hour ago, Fourcandles said:

Not the case, If as reported 3.25million was received from benefactors which resulted in a profit of 1.6 million then we are relying on it?

That's a very simplistic way of looking at it. I was of the impression that this benefactor income allowed us to spend more, and without it we would have cut our cloth accordingly.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Francis Albert

• Footballfirst

• Coburg Hearts

Just now, Smithee said:

That's a very simplistic way of looking at it. I was of the impression that this benefactor income allowed us to spend more, and without it we would have cut our cloth accordingly.

Spot on, that's the way I see it too.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's not difficult to understand the benefactors plugging the hole of stand investment until the revenue streams from the investment. 

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Agreed but to some of the children it seems they linked the two and who knows what they will do the next time...and there will be a next time no matter who gets the job

I fear you are correct.

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The highest paid  (now ex) "director" received £178k, up from £141k.

Not exactly value for money.

Cup final bonus 

Some imagination the hubz have 😂

greenginger 06:01 PM Today 
Profit of £ 2.9 million and no tax paid.

That’s because they are allowed to use the huge losses sustained during the Vlad years to offset any profit.

Doesn’t seem to matter that the debts created were written off , they can still use those losses to their advantage.

ian

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

It's amazing how some people interpret things. We have known about the benefactor money for a minimum of two years, maybe more and have spent accordingly.

Great set of accounts. Turnover up. Profit posted. Only concern is the FOH drop off but since most linked that to Levein I'm sure that's already going back up.

Yep, finding something to moan about is what keeps a lot of people going. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
25 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Does this mean we sold our top goal scorer KL to Sevco for £500k? 

No.  The £500k was net so will also include what we paid for players.  I think we paid around £125k for Wighton in this period for example.  Think we got about £700k for Lafferty.

Which given the season the guy then had and his general behaviour, was very good business.

56 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Take the piss out of people by backing a failing manager to an unreasonable degree and they withdraw their support. Arrogance to think anything else would happen.

It’s up to people how they spend their own money. If that’s what they want to do, it’s nobody else’s place to try and tell them otherwise. It’s sad though, because it’s not as if it hurts anyone other than their own club’s finances. Won’t matter a jot to the outgoing manager nor the owner.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Thought M just stood for mystery maself.  It’s great we have different sources putting money into the club and we’ll done Ann Budge for getting them onboard to do so.  

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s up to people how they spend their own money. If that’s what they want to do, it’s nobody else’s place to try and tell them otherwise. It’s sad though, because it’s not as if it hurts anyone other than their own club’s finances. Won’t matter a hot to the outgoing manager nor the owner.

See that’s a well measured response, something that wasn’t the case by another poster in this thread. 

7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Thought M just stood for mystery maself.  It’s great we have different sources putting money into the club and we’ll done Ann Budge for getting them onboard to do so.  

:spoton:

35 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

That’s because they are allowed to use the huge losses sustained during the Vlad years to offset any profit.

Doesn’t seem to matter that the debts created were written off , they can still use those losses to their advantage.

ian

:sob:

3 hours ago, Coco said:

£3.25m from benefactors including £1m for player wages.  There is something not quite right with the club depending on this sort of income I fear.  Who is it from and what are they getting for it?  5 years ago this amount could have bought all the assets of the club.

£0.7m of short term funding from Bidco - suggests cash was tight.

Outside of donations roughly a £400k loss despite the big rise in turnover.

Presuming Levein is highest paid director - compensation rose to 178k from 141k - illustrates how it might not be easy to get a high earning manager

From a friend of AB and he’s getting nothing from it. He’s just a diehard Jambo who is very rich and loves his club. We should be thankful we have people like that that follow us. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I'm very confused about the benefactor. Why would they be so determined to remain anonymous ? Surely the adoration of the hearts fans for their considerable investment is a good thing? Only thing that could make me question why would be if there would be some perceived backlash against them for that. I.e if Edinburgh based would Hibs fans stop shopping with them? 

The M clue above, makes me wonder if its David Murray? Then again, it could be Mrs Budge :D Can't think of anyone who could be interested in participating in funding the club with a first name starting with M. Surnames a plenty e.g. Jim Mellon... Apparently JK Rowlings partner's last name is Murray too. 

I just think the whole secrecy is really odd. Who gives money away no questions asked? Not many people have millions sitting around that they're quite happy to see spent by a Scottish football team. 

David Murray 🤣🤣🤣. He wouldn’t give you the reek of his 5h1te. The benefactor is a male senior partner in one of the biggest financial  investment companies in Edinburgh. A lifelong and diehard Jambo. 100% not DM 

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

It's amazing how some people interpret things. We have known about the benefactor money for a minimum of two years, maybe more and have spent accordingly.

Great set of accounts. Turnover up. Profit posted. Only concern is the FOH drop off but since most linked that to Levein I'm sure that's already going back up.

This 

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

They are raging about this on Hibs net :verysmug:

Col2 shows just how much they hate Budge and what she has done for us. I think more Hearts supporters should have a wee think about that. Why would they hate her and be desperate for her to leave? It’s not rocket science.

221E610C-5A5C-417D-9DD3-536780F4A4F8.png

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

If anyone is struggling to make sense of the figures Greenginger is hard at work on .net dissecting the reports. 

:rofl:

That's what I'm waiting for.  I presume we've paid no tax again and the poppy theft money is pouring in.

People were at the end of their tether with Levein and I believe that accounts for the FoH drop off.  I am certain than when all our players are back and we're playing good football consistently under a new manager, that situation will rapidly improve if it hasn't already.

Very happy.  Now looking forward to the HSL return.

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Col2 shows just how much they hate Budge and what she has done for us. I think more Hearts supporters should have a wee think about that. Why would they hate her and be desperate for her to leave? It’s not rocket science.

Knew I should be worried.😂😂😂❤❤❤

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
18 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

£1690k I believe the figure was 

FTFY.

7 foot and plays the flute and all that.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Castle rock said:

ian

Proper ring sting that. What a ****** *****that **** is. 

Bridge of Djoum
15 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

David Murray 🤣🤣🤣. He wouldn’t give you the reek of his 5h1te. The benefactor is a male senior partner in one of the biggest financial  investment companies in Edinburgh. A lifelong and diehard Jambo. 100% not DM 

Thought he was owner/co owner of the firm. My ex bird used to work there. Good firm by all accounts. 

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

tenor.gif

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Proper ring sting that. What a ****** *****that **** is. 

Ffs, even I know that's not how it works. 

gorgie rd eh11
23 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:lol:  Their made up attendances must be a real comfort. :lol:

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Castle rock said:

ian

What a shame it is not true. Another reason for the statue if it was.

24 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

:lol:  Their made up attendances must be a real comfort. :lol:

Aye, but we owe Budge £4m... 😄

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

That would be the man who led us to a semi final and final …….money from which far exceeded his income

I get the point but you should also look at the full picture

And he's had a major impact on  income this year  hence why hes been punted.  No point dressing it up once hospitality and match day sales were down his time was up 

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Aye, but we owe Budge £4m... 😄

Aye it's pretty scary having a committed Jambo in charge, if only we could find a random American looking to make a profit.

11 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Aye it's pretty scary having a committed Jambo in charge, if only we could find a random American looking to make a profit.

We should pony up more. 🐴⬆️

Bridge of Djoum
58 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Thought he was owner/co owner of the firm. My ex bird used to work there. Good firm by all accounts. 

Founder. I meant founder. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

From a friend of AB and he’s getting nothing from it. He’s just a diehard Jambo who is very rich and loves his club. We should be thankful we have people like that that follow us. 

Thank you very much!  I appreciate your kind words.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Long and short is that these results are decent at a time of capital investment bigger than our annual turnover.

I'm actually pleased FoH contributions went down. It might make the board realise they can't take fans for granted.

5 hours ago, Coco said:

£3.25m from benefactors including £1m for player wages.  There is something not quite right with the club depending on this sort of income I fear.  Who is it from and what are they getting for it?  5 years ago this amount could have bought all the assets of the club.

£0.7m of short term funding from Bidco - suggests cash was tight.

Outside of donations roughly a £400k loss despite the big rise in turnover.

Presuming Levein is highest paid director - compensation rose to 178k from 141k - illustrates how it might not be easy to get a high earning manager

We won't be depending on it, once the stand is complete. This will also result in us realising the full commercial potential of the stadium, if we have an exciting team on the park. 

Donations/investment/benifactor.

If you can't comprehend that using these revenue streams are.........

Uh **** it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

21 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Long and short is that these results are decent at a time of capital investment bigger than our annual turnover.

I'm actually pleased FoH contributions went down. It might make the board realise they can't take fans for granted.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seriously.

• davemclaren pinned this topic
  • davemclaren unpinned this topic